Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Ahoy Mateys

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB; "Veronica helps Keith determine who is haunting a school bus crash victim's parents, who are currently embroiled in a suit against the school district. Meanwhile, after Logan asks for help fighting the murder charge against him, Veronica stumbles into a dangerous situation with the local Irish mob. Later, Weevil's leadership of the P.C.H. Bikers is put into question."

First the bus crash family mystery. I didn't love it. I feel awful for the family because clearly they want to punish the school so badly that they're willing to do anything but it's just so wrong. The reveal of the camp is too much. I loose most of my sympathy for them and I'm glad Keith has his standards and tells them they don't want him in the deposition. 

Logan asking Veronica for help. We always come back to this don't we? Even though I'm supposed to be on Veronica's side about the gun and all that I still LOVE him busting in and saving her. Really great. Strong ties back to Weapons of Class Destruction, the swooniest episode ever, but here we get to see Veronica break down and she's crying not just because she's scared by what happened in the bar but ALSO because we can tell she still cares about Logan and is genuinely concerned he's going to get himself killed. AAk! I can't take it!!3

ETA How could I forget to mention the end! Logan is kidnapped at Weevil's direction and beaten while being questioned. It seems Weevil finally maybe believes that Logan didn't stab Felix. 

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 1

It was really fun for a minute to see Veronica finally get called on her shit with the pseudonym and stuff – until suddenly she's in actual danger, and even when Logan saves her she (very reasonably) freaks out and that fun is gone. Way gone.

'Oh, don't worry – this gun was given to me by a fugitive felon, he thought I should have it!'

Bus crash mystery here: real sad. For some reason having eight (? don't remember) freshly dead kids, most of them with poor families, brings up more real sad people than one dead rich girl a year later. Funny, that.

• Love 1

Yes, could definitely tell that Veronica still cares for Logan, and frankly, I like him a lot more than Duncan, so I'm hoping they eventually work it out.  He seems to put her needs before his.  Nice to see Weevil thinking that there's more to the story of what is happening with his gang.  He needs to ask himself, who took Felix's place as second in line and will be gunning for Weevil to take over the gang (at least, that's my take on it) .

Real sad story about the radio kid, having parents who didn't support him and sent him to one of those awful camps.

• Love 1