Type keyword(s) to search

Degrassi: Next Class season one discussion (all episodes 1/15 on Netflix)

MegaJ

Maya reminds me a lot of early Emma, when she was "Cause Girl" and was very into feminism and protests, etc.   I will never not think Sean and Ellie belonged together btw, so Shay/Tiny need to be together.  I feel like we haven't had a lot of development for characters like in the past due to ships and extreme fanbases.  A lot of focus was on EClare etc.  The Netflix season really developed characters like Grace, Miles, Frankie, Hunter, Shay.  I still can't stand Tristan though.  

I've been doing a series rewatch, and it makes the plot of #ButThat'sNoneOfMyBusiness kind of silly, because the girls are fighting for an extra washroom when literally, every scene we've ever seen in the girl's bathroom, it's been completely empty except for the character in the last stall who needs to overhear an important conversation.

• Love 1
On 1/17/2016 at 9:05 PM, Shambo said:

That aside...can the writers please grow a set of balls and drop the Triles bullshit already? We've had enough. Stop revisiting beaten to death storylines for the sake of fanservice. No one cares anymore.

I truly don't understand why Tristan/Miles is something that fans support.  Tristan is such a trash person. He is such a pushover for Miles to the point that he enables Miles' self-destructive behavior. Only Winston and Maya have ever been true friends to Miles. Tristan's continued disdain for Maya stems from jealousy and just makes no sense. Especially since we have seen Zoe and Maya go in and out of periods of friendship. Tristan's grudges make no sense to me. 

On 1/30/2016 at 5:41 AM, inyourmarrow said:

• I love Frankie and Jonah, superficially, as I think the actors have fantastic chemistry. That's all. 

Agreed! I would really like to know more about Jonah. The show only gives us hints at his past, but we need to know more to care about the character. Their chemistry is wonderful though. 

On 1/16/2016 at 4:02 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

If they give Zig sleeves, I'll be happy.

Degrassi's Toronto has been in a state of perpetual summer for some time now, as if it's in Westeros. Swimming outdoors is a year round activity. And Zig really should get sleeves. 

Stray note: why is the fact that Mr. Hollingsworth is MAYOR of Toronto never an issue for anyone?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, indiscutable said:

I truly don't understand why Tristan/Miles is something that fans support.  Tristan is such a trash person. He is such a pushover for Miles to the point that he enables Miles' self-destructive behavior. Only Winston and Maya have ever been true friends to Miles. Tristan's continued disdain for Maya stems from jealousy and just makes no sense. Especially since we have seen Zoe and Maya go in and out of periods of friendship. Tristan's grudges make no sense to me. 

Agreed! I would really like to know more about Jonah. The show only gives us hints at his past, but we need to know more to care about the character. Their chemistry is wonderful though. 

Degrassi's Toronto has been in a state of perpetual summer for some time now, as if it's in Westeros. Swimming outdoors is a year round activity. And Zig really should get sleeves. 

Stray note: why is the fact that Mr. Hollingsworth is MAYOR of Toronto never an issue for anyone?

Yes! Tristan needs to be Wesley'd off the show.   There one day, gone the next.  I can't deal with him anymore.   The actor has anti chemistry with everyone.   

I hope Spinner shows up and maybe gives Zig some fashion tips or a tee with sleeves.

Lol.  Parents on Degrassi only matter if you're having an abortion,  bipolar meltdown,  a baby, cancer, actually kill someone,  have a 30 min eating disorder,  and/or are related to Mrs Torres.   She was the best parent on the show.   I'd actually be cool with her walking in and taking over the position of principal because reasons.  

• Love 1