Type keyword(s) to search

Code Black In the Media

6 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

I can't believe they're doing that.

Does seem counter-intuitive -- eliminate two well-liked characters and promote that wang-head of a surgeon?

Unfollowing now.

• Love 5

They cut both Christa and Neal?! They were easily two of the most popular characters. I'm not sure I'm even going to stick around to see if they can manage to make something decent of this. If they give them an exit arc, maybe I'll watch that, but otherwise, there's not much incentive to tune in.

• Love 5
(edited)
12 minutes ago, secnarf said:

They cut both Christa and Neal?! They were easily two of the most popular characters. I'm not sure I'm even going to stick around to see if they can manage to make something decent of this. If they give them an exit arc, maybe I'll watch that, but otherwise, there's not much incentive to tune in.

I found a more detailed article on Deadline and ugh. I'm not even sure that Neal and Christa will even get a mention.

Younger more bloated cast

Why oh why am I ever optimistic about TV shows? Four more young residents, heavily recurring? And a male "co-lead" for Marcia Gay Harden ? There won't be much left for the original cast to do imo. What made Code Black different was that a woman above fifty was the lead (no "co-lead") the main couple was around forty and free of cheap drama for most of the season. I don't see the point of making it more generic.

And it was in M.Seitzman's pitch for season 2. I wouldn't have bothered caring about the renewal if I had known.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

Oh wow.

I love the other actors, but sorry, I'm gone.

You know for me show is over ... someone who decided to do that made suicide for show. I'm wondering when this decision was made. In few weeks Bonnie changes her description on Twitter's account and disappeard word Dr Christa ... But I can't believe ...

It's another link for this news http://tvline.com/2016/06/03/code-black-season-2-bonnie-somerville-raza-jaffrey-leaving/

and that it's interesting:

“Bonnie Somerville and Raza Jaffrey are beloved by the audience, as well as the rest of the cast and crew,” series creator Michael Seitzman told Deadline. “Their departure is painful for us, is no reflection on the extraordinary work they both did on the show.”

I don't believe that Bonnie and Raza decided to quit show and suddenly they won't play in next season  .. Bonnie was very active with fans and was writing, was hopeful about new season. And she stopped last week.

Edited by anlinn
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, anlinn said:

“Bonnie Somerville and Raza Jaffrey are beloved by the audience, as well as the rest of the cast and crew,” series creator Michael Seitzman told Deadline. “Their departure is painful for us, is no reflection on the extraordinary work they both did on the show.”

I've never seen so much agreement on a TVLine comment thread and if it is to be believed, the most painful for M.Seitzman, the suits at CBS and whoever made that dumb decision might very well be the haemorrhage of viewers.

3 hours ago, Artsda said:

I just saw this on Twitter. There just are not words. I had a bad feeling but I didn't really think this would happen!

3 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

Oh wow.

I love the other actors, but sorry, I'm gone.

Yep, me too. I love Leanne as she was is one of my favorites as well, but I am sure they will reduce her to next to nothing. 

2 hours ago, secnarf said:

You know now the fact that Bonnie Somerville liked all the recent posts about Christa and Neal and things about Raza Jaffery makes sense. This is the stupidest decision the show has made yet. I just can not believe they would actually do it and think they will succeed. I would tune in for an exit arc and somehow I hope for one but seriously doubt we get it. I have lost all faith.

I found a more detailed article on Deadline and ugh. I'm not even sure that Neal and Christa will even get a mention.

Younger more bloated cast

Why oh why am I ever optimistic about TV shows? Four more young residents, heavily recurring? And a male "co-lead" for Marcia Gay Harden ? There won't be much left for the original cast to do imo. What made Code Black different was that a woman above fifty was the lead (no "co-lead") the main couple was around forty and free of cheap drama for most of the season. I don't see the point of making it more generic.

And it was in M.Seitzman's pitch for season 2. I wouldn't have bothered caring about the renewal if I had known.

I am with you, this just seals the fact that you can't ever be hopeful of a show to do the right thing. I just don't get it. Why play the reruns at this point, the show returning in the fall isn't going to resemble the reruns. All that I hoped for and the long time on pins and needles now waiting to hear about season 2 renewal seems worthless. I am just gutted. When it got renewed I was worried about the retooling but never thought this would happen. How in the world they feel getting rid of two of the characters that brought in their loyal audience and fans is a good idea is beyond me. And to think both Bonnie and Raza were both happy about the renewal and thanking CBS, only for this to happen to them just fires me up. It isn't just about losing the couple that drew me in, which yes that is part of it, it's also about losing the story of a character who lost her son and had the courage and strength to pick herself off and keep going, a character who at the age of 40 became a doctor proving its never too late to do what you want in life. I found her character the most inspiring off all. I loved Neal's character as well. But losing Christa just plain hurts. 

At this point if we don't get some kind of decent send off, esp after the cliffhanger, it truly feels like a huge slap in the face to the fans that stood by the show. 

But I can tell you the "why", it all comes down to those precious demographics advertisers want, young male viewers. It's digusting. They think this will get them the ratings they want? I think it will be a nail in the coffin of the show. They aren't going to gain that many new viewers and they may have just alenated a good bit of the viewers they had. 

• Love 5
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Carolinagirl1028 said:

At this point if we don't get some kind of decent send off, esp after the cliffhanger, it truly feels like a huge slap in the face to the fans that stood by the show. 

But I can tell you the "why", it all comes down to those precious demographics advertisers want, young male viewers. It's digusting. They think this will get them the ratings they want? I think it will be a nail in the coffin of the show. They aren't going to gain that many new viewers and they may have just alenated a good bit of the viewers they had. 

From what I saw (just what I saw, I can't measure it exactly) many fans waiting for the renewal and supporting a second season were fans of Neal and Christa. So it's a slap in the face anyway but breaking-up the couple, make it the end of season cliffhanger and all that for nothing is even worse.

Yes, Hollywood ageism strikes again; whereas one of the best things in Code Black was age diversity. Considering how successful their quest for younger demos was in the last five episodes, it doesn't bode well for season 2. And in spite of being furious, I'm sorry for the rest of the cast.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

From what I saw (just what I saw, I can't measure it exactly) many fans waiting for the renewal and supporting a second season were fans of Neal and Christa. So it's a slap in the face anyway

Yes, Hollywood ageism strikes again; whereas one of the best things in Code Black was age diversity. Considering how successful their quest for younger demos was in the last five episodes, it doesn't bode well from season 2. And in spite of being furious, I'm sorry for the rest of the cast.

I agree, it looks like across the board people are very unhappy. It looks like the vast majority of people who stood by the show and cheered the show on for a season 2 are either fans of the couple, fans of either character individually, or are just plain fans of the show as they saw it and this completely changes the show. I think Micheal Seitzman, CBS, and whoever else was involved with this decision greatly misinterpreted just how much this would anger the fans. And honestly are very out of touch and have no idea what the fans want. The fact that Matt Mitovitch commented on the absurd decision says something. Even from those that aren't invested, the decision makes no sense. My husband watched the show with me and liked it ok but wasn't invested and certainly couldn't care less about any coupling, and for what it's worth is in their key demographic, and when I told him his first reply was "Are they trying to kill the show?", his second was "Why in the world would anyone with half a brain think this was a good idea?".

Yes, I am very sorry for rest of the cast. First of all because they all seems to have such a great relationship and enjoyed working together. And secondly because the shows creator just killed the show they work on. And lastly because I truly like them and want to care about what thier characters go on to do but can't imagine myself tuning in for Season 2. After that no worry as I seriously doubt at this point there will be a season 3. I already worried greatly there wouldn't be and now I really have no doubts. The best rated episodes were those with Neal and Christa heavily promoted. They tried to retool it already towards the end of the season and the ratings failed. What don't they get that you don't have to have young actors/actresses to pull in the young crowd? The level of pure stupidly is astounding. 

I also don't understand why they are writing them off entirely. I mean, you want to try this new thing and add these new characters while hopefully growing and not losing your audience. At the very most, which I still think would be a bad move but not as bad, make them recurring. Give them an arc and if the new vision takes off and does well then maybe let them have a satisfying ending. That, while not what I want, would at least give the show a fighting chance. This just crippled it, so now it will hobble through season 2 and eventually be gone. 

Dare we even hope for an actual exit? Or even a mention? Or will their characters be treated worse than the guest stars that have appeared in Season 1? I really wonder.

• Love 3
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Carolinagirl1028 said:

Yes, I am very sorry for rest of the cast. First of all because they all seems to have such a great relationship and enjoyed working together. And secondly because the shows creator just killed the show they work on. And lastly because I truly like them and want to care about what thier characters go on to do but can't imagine myself tuning in for Season 2. After that no worry as I seriously doubt at this point there will be a season 3. I already worried greatly there wouldn't be and now I really have no doubts. The best rated episodes were those with Neal and Christa heavily promoted. They tried to retool it already towards the end of the season and the ratings failed. What don't they get that you don't have to have young actors/actresses to pull in the young crowd? The level of pure stupidly is astounding.

I feel the same as you about the rest of the cast. They sound like great people and I love the characters they crafted, but I won't be able to bring myself to watch the show anymore. And with all the new recurring, and Marcia Gay Harden demoted from only lead to sharing it with a male actor (A Lead of Her Own? Not this fall on CBS) I'm not sure the original cast will be treated any better than day-players.

As you said, it goes beyond two characters, they're changing the DNA on the show imo and I can only see it turning into a Poor Man's Grey's Anatomy. Why didn't they move Code Black to the CW, while they were at it? At least, the writing would have been on the wall and I wouldn't have wasted months waiting for a renewal and then looking forward to a new season.

And I complain and whine as a fan (I even got a Twitter account because of it, can you believe it?) but I'm beyond furious and outraged first and foremost for Bonnie Somerville and Raza Jaffrey, who were good soldiers for the show, played fan favorites, brought the ratings in and were (arguably, relying on things like the number of fanfictions) about the only element bringing some online buzz to Code Black, and are so unceremoniously and nonsensically dumped. The fact that B.Somerville erased her role as Christa from her Twitter profile doesn't make me optimistic about any kind of return. I think we can consider ourselves lucky if the writers aren't salty about the negative reaction (M.Seitzman already is about the lack of enthusiasm around Campbell's character) and don't destroy the couple further through mentions of a definite break-up, a la Shonda Rhimes.

I don't know if it's Executive Meddling at its worst, or if it's just M.Seitzman's and the writers' "vision", forgetting to take into account that TV is a mass media and that sorry, you have to make do with an audience (ew, I know!) and what the audience likes if you want devoted fans, ratings, money, and your cast and crew to have a regular and lasting gig.

And no, I won't move on from the second stage.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 3

They (CBS or producer) want a "new"show .. will get it but I don't think they will get audience. They have lost now, and will loose in september where some of people who don't read internet suddenly will get "big suprise" without two main characters.

I read some strange articles, and I don't  know if it's true or not but will be 4 new younger residents. And was said that two main of character were a little old and probably 40-ty years resident is rather not real! I don't know and rather don't want to know about new direction of the show. But it starts look like other medical series without sens, not realistic.

After todays news I feel cheated, because I was supporting on Twitter for new season. Raza and Bonnie too and suddenly a big slap on the face.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, anlinn said:

I read some strange articles, and I don't  know if it's true or not but will be 4 new younger residents.

It was in a Deadline (pretty much the most reliable provider of TV news) and they had an interview with M.Seitzman, so it was taken from the horse's mouth. There with be four new first year residents, and they will be "heavily recurring" with aiming at being regulars, so I see a Saint Ex level of presence.

M.Seitzman twitted a few weeks back that they had an order of 22 episodes, "unless you all stop watching". Well...

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

It was in a Deadline (pretty much the most reliable provider of TV news) and they had an interview with M.Seitzman, so it was taken from the horse's mouth. There with be four new first year residents, and they will be "heavily recurring" with aiming at being regulars, so I see a Saint Ex level of presence.

M.Seitzman twitted a few weeks back that they had an order of 22 episodes, "unless you all stop watching". Well...

well that last he is guaranteed.

I found something interesting what said M.Seitzman.

“The concept of the show is for each season to begin on the first day for incoming freshman residents, just as in real life there is a cycle of residents coming in and residents either graduating or moving on,” Seitzman told Deadline. “Another hallmark of the show is that our fictional hospital is intensely populated. Not only do we average 800 extras per episode, but we have a revolving cast of doctors and nurses who enter and exit the show regularly. Bonnie Somerville and Raza Jaffrey are beloved by the audience, as well as the rest of the cast and crew. Their departure is painful for us, is no reflection on the extraordinary work they both did on the show.”

The reasons behind the casting changes are purely creative and not a sign of cutbacks as Code Black will boast one of the biggest casts on television, especially for a sophomore show, counting 13 regulars. It also features a very big guest cast, another way Seitzman and his team are trying to have the series reflect the real-life situation at a busy ER. (The 800 extras per episode support the title of the show, which indicates ER that is overwhelmed by patients.)

While going forward Code Black will continue to spend the lion share of its budget on cast, the series will likely be more nimble with contracts to allow the writers to take creative chances, like killing off Christina Vidal’s recurring character Gina in Season 1.

“The goal is to keep the audience on the edge of their seats, wondering if the jeopardy is real, and the only way to do it is to make it real,” Seitzman said.

so budget cuts ;) ?

and won't be 22 eps but only 17 !!!

The medical drama has parted ways with series regulars Bonnie Somerville and Raza Jaffrey, while also promoting Boris Kodjoe to regular, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The move is part of a creative decision by producers to help relaunch the Marcia Gay Harden medical drama to reach a broader audience for what is said to be a 17-episode sophomore season. The series is also expected to add a few new series regular doctors and recurring interns.

Edited by anlinn
51 minutes ago, anlinn said:

well that last he is guaranteed.

so budget cuts ;) ?

Not even budget cuts seems to be the reason since they seem to bringing in even more actors. 
I think They are trying to lower the average age of the cast and they hope it will bring their ratings up.
It looks like they decided about these changes in the last week, but I really do not understand what made them come up with these changes .... it did not help the rating when they brought in all the new actors in the last 3 episodes why do they think this will ? 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, silverbell said:

Not even budget cuts seems to be the reason since they seem to bringing in even more actors. 
I think They are trying to lower the average age of the cast and they hope it will bring their ratings up.
It looks like they decided about these changes in the last week, but I really do not understand what made them come up with these changes .... it did not help the rating when they brought in all the new actors in the last 3 episodes why do they think this will ? 

if they want younger audience let they do second GA. I  know they decided about it last week. Ok, their decision but they had nothing learnt from their mistakes. It will be miracle if they will survive to 17 eps. They are not GA to make so big changes but what we know about it .. maybe they know better what we like or not .. *sarcasm*. For me CodeBlack is over I won't be watching .. read yes what people will write but not watch

• Love 2
(edited)

I feel the same as you about the rest of the cast. They sound like great people and I love the characters they crafted, but I won't be able to bring myself to watch the show anymore. And with all the new recurring, and Marcia Gay Harden demoted from only lead to sharing it with a male actor (A Lead of Her Own? Not this fall on CBS) I'm not sure the original cast will be treated any better than day-players.

As you said, it goes beyond two characters, they're changing the DNA on the show imo and I can only see it turning into a Poor Man's Grey's Anatomy. Why didn't they move Code Black to the CW, while they were at it? At least, the writing would have been on the wall and I wouldn't have wasted months waiting for a renewal and then looking forward to a new season.

And I complain and whine as a fan (I even got a Twitter account because of it, can you believe it?) but I'm beyond furious and outraged first and foremost for Bonnie Somerville and Raza Jaffrey, who were good soldiers for the show, played fan favorites, brought the ratings in and were (arguably, relying on things like the number of fanfictions) about the only element bringing some online buzz to Code Black, and are so unceremoniously and nonsensically dumped. The fact that B.Somerville erased her role as Christa from her Twitter profile doesn't make me optimistic about any kind of return. I think we can consider ourselves lucky if the writers aren't salty about the negative reaction (M.Seitzman already is about the lack of enthusiasm around Campbell's character) and don't destroy the couple further through mentions of a definite break-up, a la Shonda Rhimes.

I don't know if it's Executive Meddling at its worst, or if it's just M.Seitzman's and the writers' "vision", forgetting to take into account that TV is a mass media and that sorry, you have to make do with an audience (ew, I know!) and what the audience likes if you want devoted fans, ratings, money, and your cast and crew to have a regular and lasting gig.

And no, I won't move on from the second stage.

You know what happens to a poor man's Grey's Anatomy? Just ask anyone who watched NBC's Heatbeat that just got cancelled after the ratings bombed. 

This whole looking for a new "male co-lead with Marcia Gay Harden" thing pisses me off every time I see it mentioned on Twitter. Um, they have one right in front of them that can play opposite her, Raza Jaffrey. Or did I misread the characters bios where they talked about Neal being opposite Leanne and her cowboy ways of treating patients. So why do they need a new one? Oh yeah, he isn't young enough apparently. I think them cutting his character is what really, truly baffles me and was totally unexpected.

I had a Twitter prior to Code Black but never really used it. I have used it extensively to complain, vent, praise, and campaign strongly for Season 2. Boy, what good it did me I guess. I do not normally become this invested in any show, at least not in recent years, and was so hoping this would replace the love I at one time had for Greys, guess not. At least Shonda for all her bad points didn't cut any main characters after Season 1. Likely because she is smarter than that. 

I am not sure whose vision this was ultimately. Part of me strongly sees a scenario in which Code Black was likely to be cancelled, M.Seitzman knew that, and did whatever possible and pitched whatever possible to try to get Code Black renewed. If he had wanted this from the beginning he would have created a whole different show than he did and the season one we saw would have never existed. I think he was grasping at straws to make it appeal to the viewers that CBS desires so strongly. I don't think deep down this is what he wanted but he also didn't want his show cancelled. For that reason I feel mostly angry at CBS. Still, like I said above, he could have kept them on as recurring at least. And I can't help but be a little angry at him. And above all very angry at advertisers and their horrible ageist, sexist demographics.  

And I could be just strongly holding on to the last thread of hope I have but I am hoping her removal in her profile is because she is A) Upset and B) even if she appears only to exit she is no longer truly on the show in any ongoing basis. Interestingly enough, as of this afternoon, Raza Jaffrey still had Code Black in his profile. I really feel very strongly that a wrap up of some sort to their lives is needed. Them just going *poof* will not only not make sense but could make the remaining fans trying to hang in there jump ship entirely. Which is not something this show needs, that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, anlinn said:

so budget cuts ;) ?

Not budget cuts from what I saw since they are adding more than they are taking away. And in one of the articles it even mentioned it wasn't because of a cut back and that they will now have one of the largest casts on TV, esp for a sophomore show. 

Yep, 17 episodes. I read that from someone last week I believe after I saw M. Seitzman mention 22 episodes. Apparently it's 17 episodes with an extension to 22 possible if ratings are doing well, which at this point I can't see happening, so likely season 2 will have 17 episodes. Reading the sheer number of upset fans on Twitter definitely shows this is not at all well received. 

You know now what truly just got me? I made a comment about how upset I was, that it's a big mistake, and how this is all due to ageism and sexism and that such horrible changes will change the show completely from what it was and Harry Ford (who plays Angus) liked the comment and even went on to reply to another comment I made about not tuning in for season 2 saying how very sad the news was to them and to remember unfortunately they have no choice now but to go along and yet they still need the fans. That has to be a horrible feeling and just made me hurt for the cast, most of which have been so down to earth and involved with the fans. And now the fans they've connected to and have had supportive of them and the show are now outraged and withdrawing that support, rightly so of course but still. And they just have to go along with everything and be business as usual. You know when the cast feels that way it is truly the wrong decision. And that doesn't even begin to touch on how this must have hurt Bonnie Somerville and Raza Jaffrey, who just lost their jobs and got cut from a show they put their all into and campaigned along with fans for a new season. Just really takes it beyond these characters and makes it all the more gut wrenching. 

Edited by Carolinagirl1028
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, anlinn said:

if they want younger audience let they do second GA. I  know they decided about it last week. Ok, their decision but they had nothing learnt from their mistakes. It will be miracle if they will survive to 17 eps. They are not GA to make so big changes but what we know about it .. maybe they know better what we like or not .. *sarcasm*. For me CodeBlack is over I won't be watching .. read yes what people will write but not watch

I will probably not watch it either, the reason I liked this show is because it was not GA (which I liked but stopped watching after 10 seasons ) It was more serous and mature. 
Heartbeat was a second GA and it did not go over well so I do not expect this to go over well either . 

• Love 3

I really wanted Code Black to be good.  It never quite clicked for me, but when they got back from their hiatus, the bad started to edge out the good parts.  I find building a hospital show around a romance plot kind of annoying, even if the participants were as appealing as Bonnie Somerville and Raza Jaffrey.  

Guess I'll stick with Chicago Med.  For all that show's faults, at least their Olds are given their own storylines.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Carolinagirl1028 said:

You know now what truly just got me? I made a comment about how upset I was, that it's a big mistake, and how this is all due ageism and sexism and that such horrible changes will change the show completely from what it was and Harry Ford (who plays Angus) liked the comment and even went on to reply to another comment I made about not tuning in for season 2 saying how very sad the news was to them and to remember unfortunately they had no choice now but to go along and yet they still need the fans. That has to be a horrible feeling and just made me hurt for the cast, most of which have been so down to earth and involved with the fans. And now the fans they've connected to and have had supportive of them and the show are now outraged and withdrawing that support, rightly so of course but still. And they just have to go along with everything and be business as usual. You know when the cast feels that way it is truly the wrong decision. And that doesn't even begin to touch on how this must have hurt Bonnie Somerville and Raza Jaffrey, who just lost their jobs and got cut from a show they put their all into and campaigned along with fans for a new season. Just really takes it beyond these characters and makes it all the more gut wrenching. 

for me it's a slap on face for us fans, actors: Bonnie and Raza who supported to get new season. Probably other part of cast will know about us fan like Harry Ford .. and the worst Bonnie and Raza won't say about their leaving from serie .. Bonnie only likes tweets where she is mentioned about her and says nothing.

I don't know who decided about "new direction" season #2 but made public suicide for show .. I don't think that season #2 will be better with new cast, with younger man's leading role co-working with Dr Rorish. For me it's a replacement older by younger. how explain they are out from the show ? they were too much popular than others? If they want new changes ... let first they change page on CBS and remove main characters, unless they want to mislead the fans. But it will be cost them a lot in september and will be painfull. Nobody likes to be cheated.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Carolinagirl1028 said:

You know now what truly just got me? I made a comment about how upset I was, that it's a big mistake, and how this is all due to ageism and sexism and that such horrible changes will change the show completely from what it was and Harry Ford (who plays Angus) liked the comment and even went on to reply to another comment I made about not tuning in for season 2 saying how very sad the news was to them and to remember unfortunately they have no choice now but to go along and yet they still need the fans. That has to be a horrible feeling and just made me hurt for the cast, most of which have been so down to earth and involved with the fans. And now the fans they've connected to and have had supportive of them and the show are now outraged and withdrawing that support, rightly so of course but still. And they just have to go along with everything and be business as usual. You know when the cast feels that way it is truly the wrong decision. And that doesn't even begin to touch on how this must have hurt Bonnie Somerville and Raza Jaffrey, who just lost their jobs and got cut from a show they put their all into and campaigned along with fans for a new season. Just really takes it beyond these characters and makes it all the more gut wrenching. 

Melanie Chandra and Harry Ford liked each one of my comments, too (Bonnie Somerville liked several and yes, I think she's upset, who wouldn't be) and I feel terrible because I'd love to go on supporting the remaining cast but I can't. It is business for the suits and all, but for me it's entertainment. I don't have enough time and I'm not enough of a masochist to watch a show I don't enjoy.

I kind of hope that any show will  be smart, nab both Raza Jaffrey and Bonnie Somerville, and make good use of what CBS wasted. (Is there a "delusional" stage of grief? That's where I am with this hope, sigh.)

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Happy Harpy said:

Melanie Chandra and Harry Ford liked each one of my comments, too (Bonnie Somerville liked several and yes, I think she's upset, who wouldn't be) and I feel terrible because I'd love to go on supporting the remaining cast but I can't. It is business for the suits and all, but for me it's entertainment. I don't have enough time and I'm not enough of a masochist to watch a show I don't enjoy.

I kind of hope that any show will  be smart, nab both Raza Jaffrey and Bonnie Somerville, and make good use of what CBS wasted. (Is there a "delusional" stage of grief? That's where I am with this hope, sigh.)

They liked mines too,and Bonnie too. No wonder she doesn't write tweets and even comments about somebody decision cuz I'm sure it wasn't her. This woman has class. For her and Raza I think it was a big surprise too. I'm not a masochist too, to watch a show that I won't like and I won't. I hate watching actors  which I don't like, and won't like. First season, I watched in my  Thursday's morning (at work ;) ) and now it will be a lost of time.

I hope they will get new roles in other series and network. And CBS will regret later or earlier this decision. Happy Harpy, it's not "delusional" stage of grief, you are thinking logical and you are optimist like me and why we react so emotionally for every human stupidity.

• Love 2

I didn't see this, but my friend from twitter wrote me that M.Seitzman answered on tweet about "Older is better than younger". But he deleted it very quickly. But my friend was quicker and had seen  it and told me that it was not his decision (probably CBS) and there many reason but not age ..but one of them was too much chemistry between them. But we won't hear for sure other reasons but maybe they screwed up their storylines and now we have what we have.

3 hours ago, anlinn said:

I didn't see this, but my friend from twitter wrote me that M.Seitzman answered on tweet about "Older is better than younger". But he deleted it very quickly. But my friend was quicker and had seen  it and told me that it was not his decision (probably CBS) and there many reason but not age ..but one of them was too much chemistry between them. But we won't hear for sure other reasons but maybe they screwed up their storylines and now we have what we have.

It does not surprise me that is was the networks demands ...  
I don't know what you mean by " too much chemistry between them" but I think that is the main reason a lot of people were watching the show. I think a lot of people were shippers of Christa Neal or Leanne Neal .  
Too bad the network did not like it for some reason ... 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, silverbell said:

It does not surprise me that is was the networks demands ...  
I don't know what you mean by " too much chemistry between them" but I think that is the main reason a lot of people were watching the show. I think a lot of people were shippers of Christa Neal or Leanne Neal .  
Too bad the network did not like it for some reason ... 

I don't know too but she only wrote me that "too much chemistry between them". It's only my opinion but for me, they want younger viewers so they want I don't know more sex, drama, triangle etc .. second GA. My friend is a writer and she thinks that they screwed up story for them in the end of season and they will have problems to fix it. But some more or less reliable  tv portals write that it was about money kind of ulitmatum "If you renew it, we'll ax a few people and make it cheaper". That why they told  so late about new season.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, anlinn said:

I don't know too but she only wrote me that "too much chemistry between them". It's only my opinion but for me, they want younger viewers so they want I don't know more sex, drama, triangle etc .. second GA. My friend is a writer and she thinks that they screwed up story for them in the end of season and they will have problems to fix it. But some more or less reliable  tv portals write that it was about money kind of ulitmatum "If you renew it, we'll ax a few people and make it cheaper". That why they told  so late about new season.

I think it more then that, a lot of people did not like how the last 3 episodes were handled but thought that with good writing you can bring them back, and there is fan fiction to prove it, and if it was just budget I do not think they would promote Jillian Murray & Boris Kodjoe (who was probably not cheap) and bring at least 4-5 more actors ....
I think their ultimatum had to do with bringing in younger ratings with younger cast. 
We still have not heard about William Allen Young .

• Love 2

About a send-off for Neal and Christa with the actors, M.Seitzman answered:

Not always contractually possible, but of course it would be preferable.

I'm trying to be fair and not blame him for what could very well be Executive Meddling. But I swear to God that I don't believe in, if he or anybody else at TPTB try to put the blame on Bonnie Somerville or Raza Jaffrey for the lack of send-off for their characters after the callous, scandalous way they were treated (and their characters, and their fans, and the loyal Original Recipe audience) I will blow a gasket.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

About a send-off for Neal and Christa with the actors, M.Seitzman answered:

I'm trying to be fair and not blame him for what could very well be Executive Meddling. But I swear to God that I don't believe in, if he or anybody else at TPTB try to put the blame on Bonnie Somerville or Raza Jaffrey for the lack of send-off for their characters after the callous, scandalous way they were treated (and their characters, and their fans, and the loyal Original Recipe audience) I will blow a gasket.

Bonnie and Raza are classy people so they don't and won't agree to be treat like a garbage. they treated them like this. If CBS don't have enough money, let's not make next season. It's a lost money. That's CBS fault they cannot say goodbye in proper way. And most people know about that but after few last tweets of M.Seitzman I start thinking that his too.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, 6 tweeners unable to act their way out of a paperbag are worth 2 fourty-something great actors. I bet that all six newbies have less acting talent than R.Jaffrey's or B.Somerville's little finger. Sounds about a fair deal... especially if you're a fucking suit who doesn't watch TV and only sees numbers on paper. When will CBS suits understand that young demos will never watch their network unless it's via their seniors (parents, godparents, uncles, aunts, etc.). Imagine if they had made NCIS a kind of Baywatch? I'm *this close* to bet that Supergirl will have better ratings on the CW than on CBS.

This is going to be a trainwreck and I don't know if I should feel more terrible for Bonnie and Raza who were let go  for no reason or for Ben Hollingsworth, Melanie Chandra and Harry Ford who have no choice but go with the flow. (MGH, L.Guzman and W.Allen Young have their rep, they'll be unscathed).

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

Well, 6 tweeners unable to act their way out of a paperbag are worth 2 fourty-something great actors. I bet that all six newbies have less acting talent than R.Jaffrey's or B.Somerville's little finger. Sounds about a fair deal... especially if you're a fucking suit who doesn't watch TV and only sees numbers on paper. When will CBS suits understand that young demos will never watch their network unless it's via their seniors (parents, godparents, uncles, aunts, etc.). Imagine if they had made NCIS a kind of Baywatch? I'm *this close* to bet that Supergirl will have better ratings on the CW than on CBS.

This is going to be a trainwreck and I don't know if I should feel more terrible for Bonnie and Raza who were let go  for no reason or for Ben Hollingsworth, Melanie Chandra and Harry Ford who have no choice but go with the flow. (MGH, L.Guzman and W.Allen Young have their rep, they'll be unscathed).

I think another reason to feel bad for  Ben Hollingsworth, Melanie Chandra and Harry Ford is that they could be axed just the same next season if there is one by the new season description I heard of new residents coming and going every year or they can go by the way of Gina since they will be " more nimble with contracts" ... 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

I think Raza and Bonnie are classy people, and later or earlier will get new project .. but even if they could have opportunity to come back to show .. they won't do it. Bonnie stoped follow on Twitter most of main cast, and of course producer and CBS. She and Raza deleted of post where celebrating rewen season #2. But on Twitter is M.Seitzman "show". sorry I have to sent this ..

twit3.png

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, anlinn said:

I think Raza and Bonnie are classy people, and later or earlier will get new project .. but even if they could have opportunity to come back to show .. they won't do it. Bonnie stoped follow on Twitter most of main cast, and of course producer and CBS. She and Raza deleted of post where celebrating rewen season #2. But on Twitter is M.Seitzman "show". sorry I have to sent this ..

Too bad they axed them after the end of pilot season ...

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, anlinn said:

I cannot stand what he is tweeting now .. Now he loves Campbell and Heather ... and it's fault the press that we hate them

Yes I saw that the actress delivers her lines what a surprise ...  

"In this case it does. You may not like them but they score big with audiences. Repeatedly."
although Heather did not have a big role, in the last 4 episodes with Boris coming in the ratings only went down ' although I can not blame it all on Boris, I do not think these 2 "villains" scored big 

• Love 1
Just now, silverbell said:

Yes I saw that the actress delivers her lines what a surprise ...  

"In this case it does. You may not like them but they score big with audiences. Repeatedly."
although Heather did not have a big role, in the last 4 episodes with Boris coming in the ratings only went down ' although I can not blame it all on Boris, I do not think these 2 "villains" scored big 

He has short memory or I don't know .. but what he wrote today is out of my mind. He digs a grave for himself.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Happy Harpy said:

I bet that all six newbies have less acting talent than R.Jaffrey's or B.Somerville's little finger.

But they will have perky boobies, or they will have square, shadowed jaws. Or both.  And there is bound to be at least one ex-Special-Forces vet from Eyewrack!

So, what more could you want?

• Love 3
(edited)

Seriously, no. At this point, that's delusion. Or maybe they score well in the 12-18 demo which is a tiny-tiny part of Code Black's audience.

As someone who likes Heather and defended her character at length, I'm well aware that she is reviled in large parts of the fandom (all the Mangus shippers hate her to start with). Had she been just added as a regular, people might have warmed up to her but replacing two fan favorites? It will never happen if you ask me. As for Campbell, so far the reaction is a big meh with a few "eye candy" thrown here and there. An I'm certain that B.Kodjoe is a very nice person, but it would be insulting to Raza Jaffrey to even think of comparing their acting abilities.

J.Hephner and T.Dewey? It's pure lip service imo. The former is on C.Med and the latter is over 30, too old for the new characters they're looking for (first year residents: 25). But I'm expecting Saint Ex to be a regular next year, I think they don't announce it right now because they know people will be pissed off.

33 minutes ago, silverbell said:

Too bad they axed them after the end of pilot season ...

Oh yes, that's what makes me so mad about the whole thing. I feel that TPTB knew that they wouldn't get any online support if they announced it beforehand and used the actors, their fans and fans of the characters all along to get the renewal. But well, now that I have no agenda and since my favorites are off the show, I can be brutally honest. Watch the Minority Report trailer, and it will give you a good idea of M.Goode's acting "talent".Yet, she found a gig a couple of months after the show's cancellation. I can't believe, with the fan outrage about their demise (seriously, Code Black never got 10% of that number of comments on TVLine) that no show in development won't have the good idea to nab them. I want to believe, at least.

And it's actually what makes me feel more at peace about not watching. Because the network only cares about the fact that you watch, not why, not if, no but, you're just a number in their statistics. Hollywood won't stop treating actors and audience like crap if viewers go on watching like sheep. I know that the remaining cast isn't going to be treated better than Bonnie and Raza, eventually.

15 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

But they will have perky boobies, or they will have square, shadowed jaws. Or both.  And there is bound to be at least one ex-Special-Forces vet from Eyewrack!

So, what more could you want?

Oh yeah, what was I thinking? Except, of course, that Bonnie Somerville and Raza Jaffrey are gorgeous, gorgeous people who put every Twilight reject who I bet are going to be hired in their place to shame.

ETA: And I know that it's the weekend, but Marcia Gay Harden's apparent lack of reaction disappoints me.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

J.Hephner and T.Dewey? It's pure lip service imo. The former is on C.Med and the latter is over 30, too old for the new characters they're looking for (first year residents: 25). But I'm expecting Saint Ex to be a regular next year, I think they don't announce it right now because they know people will be pissed off.

Oh yes, that's what makes me so mad about the whole thing. I feel that TPTB knew that they wouldn't get any online support if they announced it beforehand and used the actors, their fans and fans of the characters all along to get the renewal. But well, now that I have no agenda and since my favorites are off the show, I can be brutally honest. Watch the Minority Report trailer, and it will give you a good idea of M.Goode's acting "talent".Yet, she found a gig a couple of months after the show's cancellation. I can't believe, with the fan outrage about their demise (seriously, Code Black never got 10% of that number of comments on TVLine) that no show in development won't have the good idea to nab them. I want to believe, at least.

And it's actually what makes me feel more at peace about not watching. Because the network only cares about the fact that you watch, not why, not if, no but, you're just a number in their statistics. Hollywood won't stop treating actors and audience like crap if viewers go on watching like sheep. I know that the remaining cast isn't going to be treated better than Bonnie and Raza, eventually.

Did not think they would bring back Saint Ex but I guess it is a possibility(he did not say a word about her on twitter), not that it matters to me anymore ... 

It does make me mad that they used the fans this way, I can not understand why the actors are not revolting because next time it could be any of them ....

Bonnie and Raza have a lot of vocal unhappy fans, I never saw so many comments on code black in spoilertv  like I did today, so I at least hope all this noise will help them get a new project faster and at least let them feel a little better.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, silverbell said:

Did not think they would bring back Saint Ex but I guess it is a possibility(he did not say a word about her on twitter), not that it matters to me anymore ... 

It does make me mad that they used the fans this way, I can not understand why the actors are not revolting because next time it could be any of them ....

Bonnie and Raza have a lot of vocal unhappy fans, I never saw so many comments on code black in spoilertv  like I did today, so I at least hope all this noise will help them get a new project faster and at least let them feel a little better.

I'll worry about what's left of TeamAngels later (around November next year, I fear) but yeah, right now Bonnie Somerville and Raza Jaffrey are the ones I care about. I found an old interview of the former and it was obvious that in spite of all her gratefulness for being a working actress, she regretted that she wasn't on a show lasting more than a year and the latter was written off Smash after the first season. So I guess it's hard for them both especially since, based on the numerous comments, they were among the most, if not the most favorite characters. It must have caught them unaware.

At this point, I don't care about what TPTB and the network will do with the show and who is on or not. I don't vent right now to be back watching in September. I know that 40 is the new 100 according to CBS but my attention span is better than this. And I'm afraid that we senile people hold grudges for a long time.

• Love 2

I just read about this, and I'm as thoroughly disappointed and disgusted as I am angry. 

I can't even imagine how much this must suck for the remaining cast members - to have the high of finding out they'd have jobs for another season, only for the balloon to burst when they found out they were losing the actors and characters who were the main draw for a majority of the viewers (as per the ratings, promotion materials, et. al.), and that the entirety of what set the show apart is being utterly and completely torn asunder, in favor of exceedingly formulaic, unoriginal new (cardboard cutout) characters and ridiculous, boring drama. 

Like many others here, I had a bad feeling when the last batch of episodes last season aired, and I recall many of us saying that Saint Ex wasn't simply the problem, but was a symptom of the new mentality that was at risk of taking over and irrevocably changing the show.  Unfortunately, it looks that assumption was correct.  The show that was originally conceived center around mature drama, solid acting and writing, and *not* on all of the things that characterize literally every other medical drama was destroyed, and why?  So it could be just like all of those other shows.  And fail.  

Moreover, forcing a new male co-lead on us is hugely disrespectful to MGH, and again, to the viewers who were delighted to see a strong woman front and center.  FWIW, I suspect that MGH hasn't commented on the garbage that has transpired because she has to walk a tightrope here, since the newfound, disappointing emphasis on a male co-lead is, in part, likely a message to her that she can be replaced, neither she nor Daddy are necessary, and as an actress who is not in her 20s, she should be thankful that she even has a job.  Ugh, this makes me *ragey.* 

It goes without saying that I feel terrible for Bonnie and Raza.  For her part, Bonnie posted a pic of herself yesterday (I think) showing pretty profound sadness.  (She just liked my tweet of my support to her, which also called the decision what it is: utterly nonsensical.)   It's got to really hurt - aside from the loss of the job and steady paycheck, and the fact that both actors have been hamstrung in terms of not having had the chance to explore other options during pilot season - that both put their all into the roles, into the characters' relationship, in campaigning for a renewal, etc.  The show and network actively used them - as recently as last week! - to bring in the ratings; they did so, to a greater than effect than anything else the show had going for it, only to be unceremoniously dropped.  It's insanity, pure and simple.  Here we have two gorgeous, highly talented and charismatic actors, who have not made a single misstep in terms of their work on this show, and it was all thrown back in their faces.  

It also serves a huge slap in the face to the fans; to those of us who vocally supported the show from day one and frequently highlighted our appreciation of Bonnie/Raza, Christa/Neal.  We, too, were used, and now we're being shoved aside because they feel like they don't need us.  For my part, my disgust has ensured that I'm another viewer/fan whom they've lost.

Finally, I was initially impressed by how Seitzman was responding to this.  Not anymore.  The attitude he's displaying now is so disrespectful to the actors and the fans.  I cannot believe that someone in a position of power would believe that acting in such a way - when he and all involved *know* that this has already cost them so many viewers they couldn't afford to lose - is appropriate or advisable.  To put this as eloquently as I'm able at the moment: what a douche. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, weathered1 said:

I just read about this, and I'm as thoroughly disappointed and disgusted as I am angry. 

I can't even imagine how much this must suck for the remaining cast members - to have the high of finding out they'd have jobs for another season, only for the balloon to burst when they found out they were losing the actors and characters who were the main draw for a majority of the viewers (as per the ratings, promotion materials, et. al.), and that the entirety of what set the show apart is being utterly and completely torn asunder, in favor of exceedingly formulaic, unoriginal new (cardboard cutout) characters and ridiculous, boring drama. 

Like many others here, I had a bad feeling when the last batch of episodes last season aired, and I recall many of us saying that Saint Ex wasn't simply the problem, but was a symptom of the new mentality that was at risk of taking over and irrevocably changing the show.  Unfortunately, it looks that assumption was correct.  The show that was originally conceived center around mature drama, solid acting and writing, and *not* on all of the things that characterize literally every other medical drama was destroyed, and why?  So it could be just like all of those other shows.  And fail.  

Moreover, forcing a new male co-lead on us is hugely disrespectful to MGH, and again, to the viewers who were delighted to see a strong woman front and center.  FWIW, I suspect that MGH hasn't commented on the garbage that has transpired because she has to walk a tightrope here, since the newfound, disappointing emphasis on a male co-lead is, in part, likely a message to her that she can be replaced, neither she nor Daddy are necessary, and as an actress who is not in her 20s, she should be thankful that she even has a job.  Ugh, this makes me *ragey.* 

It goes without saying that I feel terrible for Bonnie and Raza.  For her part, Bonnie posted a pic of herself yesterday (I think) showing pretty profound sadness.  (She just liked my tweet of my support to her, which also called the decision what it is: utterly nonsensical.)   It's got to really hurt - aside from the loss of the job and steady paycheck, and the fact that both actors have been hamstrung in terms of not having had the chance to explore other options during pilot season - that both put their all into the roles, into the characters' relationship, in campaigning for a renewal, etc.  The show and network actively used them - as recently as last week! - to bring in the ratings; they did so, to a greater than effect than anything else the show had going for it, only to be unceremoniously dropped.  It's insanity, pure and simple.  Here we have two gorgeous, highly talented and charismatic actors, who have not made a single misstep in terms of their work on this show, and it was all thrown back in their faces.  

It also serves a huge slap in the face to the fans; to those of us who vocally supported the show from day one and frequently highlighted our appreciation of Bonnie/Raza, Christa/Neal.  We, too, were used, and now we're being shoved aside because they feel like they don't need us.  For my part, my disgust has ensured that I'm another viewer/fan whom they've lost.

Finally, I was initially impressed by how Seitzman was responding to this.  Not anymore.  The attitude he's displaying now is so disrespectful to the actors and the fans.  I cannot believe that someone in a position of power would believe that acting in such a way - when he and all involved *know* that this has already cost them so many viewers they couldn't afford to lose - is appropriate or advisable.  To put this as eloquently as I'm able at the moment: what a douche. 

Once more I 100% agree with you. I think I liked the tweet you talked about, LOL. One of my first reactions was also to thank B.Somerville and R.Jaffrey (she liked it, too) because indeed, they did a wonderful work and they are rewarded by being axed. When your character doesn't work, at least there's a reason but when it does? Unfair and really...argh.

The picture Bonnie Somerville posted was also why I initially freaked out. I saw it when the mention of Christa disappeared from her Twitter profile and I went "uh-oh". I just hoped I was overthinking it but I think she had been informed and couldn't say it yet.

You might be right about MGH. I saw a tweet from M.Seitzman saying that there was no lead on his show when someone protested that she didn't need a male co-lead. I'm even more admirative of Melanie Chandra and Harry Ford who had the guts to like many critical tweets.

M.Seitzman was doing PR damage control imo. He changed his attitude from rather modest with a zest of saltiness to, let's say, very confident after he finally found a handful of people saying they'd watch S2. I don't think that those people were the rage-quitting ones.

And I don't know if TPTB rely on focus groups or who are on those focus groups, but obviously they failed to inform them of the backlash there would be over Neal and Christa. So I wouldn't be so sure they're reliable. Moreover, CBS is no stranger to retooling the cast of bubble shows. Unforgettable comes to mind, Body of Proof after S2 IIRC. True, they left the bubble. They went straight to cancellation.

Maybe B.Somerville and R.Jaffrey dodged a bullet here. Designated Survivor is gaining momentum (guess who's going to watch it because she discovered that Maggie Q was on it?) and is now the most anticipated show. And I hate the Linsday/Halstead pairing on CPD but it does seem to bring the younger "fangirls" demo to the show. If Code Black had stuck to its original recipe, it could have offered something different (the thing that brought 1.5 and 1.4 in the ratings this winter) and found a comfortable niche imo. Now? As you said, they certainly lost viewers with that move and in such a competitive timeslot, well. Maybe they can get some of Nashville soap-loving audience, though.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1

I wish this show wasn't even renewed. The actors deserve better than this.

Also it would seem that CBS learned nothing from Criminal Minds, which hasn't been the same since CBS insisted on messing with the cast.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, secnarf said:

I wish this show wasn't even renewed. The actors deserve better than this.

Also it would seem that CBS learned nothing from Criminal Minds, which hasn't been the same since CBS insisted on messing with the cast.

I'm glad that the rest of the cast still has a job for a season, although with 6 regulars and 4 "heavily" recurring for now, plus the male co-lead to come, I'm not sure they'll be well treated as far as a screetime and storylines go.

Now, in my household, Code Black was cancelled last Friday.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2

I liked Christa and Neal as individuals but was not very invested in their relationship, especially once the ever-dreaded love triangle was revealed.  The thing that irks me is that they are just dismissed without a thought.  For crying out loud, you introduced this story, so give their story an ending.  Why is that too much to ask?  

• Love 3

Once more I 100% agree with you. I think I liked the tweet you talked about, LOL. One of my first reactions was also to thank B.Somerville and R.Jaffrey (she liked it, too) because indeed, they did a wonderful work and they are rewarded by being axed. When your character doesn't work, at least there's a reason but when it does? Unfair and really...argh.

The picture Bonnie Somerville posted was also why I initially freaked out. I saw it when the mention of Christa disappeared from her Twitter profile and I went "uh-oh". I just hoped I was overthinking it but I think she had been informed and couldn't say it yet.

You might be right about MGH. I saw a tweet from M.Seitzman saying that there was no lead on his show when someone protested that she didn't need a male co-lead. I'm even more admirative of Melanie Chandra and Harry Ford who had the guts to like many critical tweets.

M.Seitzman was doing PR damage control imo. He changed his attitude from rather modest with a zest of saltiness to, let's say, very confident after he finally found a handful of people saying they'd watch S2. I don't think that those people were the rage-quitting ones.

And I don't know if TPTB rely on focus groups or who are on those focus groups, but obviously they failed to inform them of the backlash there would be over Neal and Christa. So I wouldn't be so sure they're reliable. Moreover, CBS is no stranger to retooling the cast of bubble shows. Unforgettable comes to mind, Body of Proof after S2 IIRC. True, they left the bubble. They went straight to cancellation.

Maybe B.Somerville and R.Jaffrey dodged a bullet here. Designated Survivor is gaining momentum (guess who's going to watch it because she discovered that Maggie Q was on it?) and is now the most anticipated show. And I hate the Linsday/Halstead pairing on CPD but it does seem to bring the younger "fangirls" demo to the show. If Code Black had stuck to its original recipe, it could have offered something different (the thing that brought 1.5 and 1.4 in the ratings this winter) and found a comfortable niche imo. Now? As you said, they certainly lost viewers with that move and in such a competitive timeslot, well. Maybe they can get some of Nashville soap-loving audience, though.

Ah, that was you who liked the tweet?  I had no idea. lol  

It won't come as a surprise, but we're of like minds about, well, all of this.  I'm really getting the sense that this hit Bonnie really hard, and I feel so sad (and angry) on her behalf, as well as Raza's.  What smacked of adding insult to injury is Seitzman's tweet that the budget actually grew considerably, when some fans were trying to justify the impossibly stupid firings.  That was him essentially Bonnie and Raza, and the fans, that Christa/Neal, Christeal, and all of their fans, simply don't matter.  The thanks those two actors get for their brilliant work is an unceremonious firing, and their former boss basically shading them - intentionally or otherwise - all over Twitter.  

I think you're right: the actors had been informed, but were also instructed that they couldn't say anything until the announcement was officially made.  I guess the silver lining for this terrible situation is the overwhelming support that's being given to them.  I lost count of how many tweets I read from people who are done with this show, and are showering Bonnie and Raza with praise. 

Given how closely knit this cast was/is, it was great to see both Melanie and Harry going out of their way to support the fans' outrage.  I can easily believe that they're as upset as the rest of us are; possibly even more, given those friendships and now worries about their own job security.  To that end, their support of those tweets definitely is admirable, and reflects well on them, in terms of prizing loyalty over toeing the company line.  Given the atmosphere at the moment where the show is concerned, though, I hope that they're able to find a balance between showing that support and treading lightly so that tptb won't all of a sudden find them to be expendable, as well. 

In terms of people wishing the show hadn't been renewed, I understand the sentiment.  On one hand, the show going forward will not be even close to the one we enjoyed last season, so the effect of these changes is essentially that Code Black 1.0 was cancelled, in favor of the CW-esque Code Black 2.0.  On the other hand, I like the actors very much, so I can't wish that they, or the crew members, lost their jobs.  In point of fact, though, I do think they need to start looking into other options as soon as they're able, because I don't think there's any way that this new show lasts beyond the initial 17 episodes, if it even makes it that far. 

I remember CBS retooling the casts of those shows, and what ridiculously poor judgment was used in all of those cases.  Why anyone thinks that undoing everything that garnered any measure of support for a show in its first season will yield greater ratings in the next one totally and completely eludes my understanding.  They've lost a lot of viewers, so they're basically going to be starting from scratch, and I don't think all that many people are going be clamoring to watching yet another watered down version of Grey's Anatomy-lite.  

Regarding CBS and focus groups, what I find unfathomable is that just days before the firings, the network was *still* using Christeal as a marketing tool.  They *know* that story brought in the show's highest ratings and critical praise, so what do they do?  Eliminate it entirely from the show.  The stupid, it burns.  

A bullet could very well have been dodged here.  At this way, Bonnie and Raza went out on a note in which they were widely praised and their storyline was credited as being one of the best aspects of the entire show.  Had their jobs not been taken from them, I don't doubt at all that the storyline would've been dragged through the mud, and critics and viewers everywhere would say that the show's quality took a nosedive (though I think that will still be said).  So they were let go before they could be associated with a sinking ship, and dragged down with it. 

I only hope now that if their characters are addressed at all, it won't be something along the lines of Neal and Saint Ex blissfully reunited, and a heart-broken, devastated Christa quit her job rather than have a front row seat to it.  Afterward, Neal decided that this time, he was going to follow his one true love as she went back to Doctors Without Borders.  (Even just typing that out made me nauseous. I wouldn't put it past this show, though.)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, weathered1 said:

I only hope now that if their characters are addressed at all, it won't be something along the lines of Neal and Saint Ex blissfully reunited, and a heart-broken, devastated Christa quit her job rather than have a front row seat to it.  Afterward, Neal decided that this time, he was going to follow his one true love as she went back to Doctors Without Borders.  (Even just typing that out made me nauseous. I wouldn't put it past this show, though.)

You know, after what Michael Seitzman did and wrote, you can expect everything even that what you wrote. If it is to bring him and show better rating he'll do it without looking at the feelings of fans. I don't think that he is planning decent goodbye for Bonnie&Raza, it not his style.

The worst was after his tweets appeared many speculation about leaving Bonnie and Raza. Even this that they wanted leave show because they had offered new jobs! Bonnie's mom reacted on FB, and wrote when and how they got information about cutting their role. She couldn't stand bullshit. Of course this post .. was later deleted. But  you know if something goes viral never disappear, so her post appear once again as printscreen.

So after producer and CBS you can expect everything.

b&r.jpg

• Love 2