Type keyword(s) to search

Code Black In the Media

Synopsis for the season finale, Bloodsports, + photos.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/code-black-episode-118-blood-sport.html

Spoilers ahead.

Dr Taylor squeeeeeee!

I knew it, Angus is taking drugs.

Now, this Grace bullshit drama is going to last until the end of the season, seriously? Argh. I'm now completely dreading it.

Thanks for posting!

Glad to see Dr Taylor back, I have missed him!

Not surprised on the Angus front, this storyline has been overplayed in medical dramas, however at least it's not opiates, makes it a little different I guess.

Ugh, do writers know that there is drama you can give a couple other than bringing in an ex? Such things do nothing for any of the characters involved. Not to mention, in this case they seem to be intent on ruining the relationship before we, or even the characters, ever get a chance to enjoy it. Maybe it won't be as bad as I fear, but so far not too hopeful.

• Love 1

Glad to see Dr Taylor back, I have missed him!

Not surprised on the Angus front, this storyline has been overplayed in medical dramas, however at least it's not opiates, makes it a little different I guess.

Ugh, do writers know that there is drama you can give a couple other than bringing in an ex? Such things do nothing for any of the characters involved. Not to mention, in this case they seem to be intent on ruining the relationship before we, or even the characters, ever get a chance to enjoy it. Maybe it won't be as bad as I fear, but so far not too hopeful.

Yeah, it's really

annoying to have this lasting drama of the worst kind. I can take challenges, but I need pay-off. The show didn't forget it until now, but episode 15 was a bummer.

I love the show in general and all the characters now, but if I'm  really honest without Neal/Christa to hook me up in episode 2 I would have dropped it.

Moreover, I can like a character even though I don't like the role they play as a roadblock/rival (I've always liked Cam on Bones, for example) but Grace is in almost every freaking promo picture and Christa's storylines seem to revolve around her until the end of the season. If she's all over the place and take screentime away from my faves, or if they're used to prop her, I'm not going to like her period.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but it's a bit difficult.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1

Yeah, it's really

annoying to have this lasting drama of the worst kind. I can take challenges, but I need pay-off. The show didn't forget it until now, but episode 15 was a bummer.

I love the show in general and all the characters now, but if I'm  really honest without Neal/Christa to hook me up in episode 2 I would have dropped it.

Moreover, I can like a character even though I don't like the role they play as a roadblock/rival (I've always liked Cam on Bones, for example) but Grace is in almost every freaking promo picture and Christa's storylines seem to revolve around her until the end of the season. If she's all over the place and take screentime away from my faves, or if they're used to prop her, I'm not going to like her period.

As long as it it does not turn out that they are married I think it will turn out alright in the end and it won't be as bad as speculated. I hope.... 

in any case for the most part the relationship drama on this show only takes a small part of the screen time each episode even though they write it in the synopsis of the episode, at least till now .

• Love 1

Looking at the descriptions of the episodes sometimes it seems to me that some things are too exaggerated or so briefly described to specifically arouse emotions. Later turns out that is not quite what was described.

Everything will depend on what we will see in episodes # 16 and # 17. Then maybe we will be interpreted quite differently description #18. But for sure I think it's quite dangerous direction. Some people can stop watching Code Black. They want Christeal and not stupid drama with ex or another soap opera ...

• Love 2

I agree, Happy Harpy. I watched Code Black from the beginning. I liked it okay, esp. Leanne's character and watching Raza Jaffery is always a delight of course, but after a few episodes Neal and Christa are what really got me invested and made it must watch TV for me.

I can like a character even though I don't like the role they play as a roadblock/rival (I've always liked Cam on Bones, for example) but Grace is in almost every freaking promo picture and Christa's storylines seem to revolve around her until the end of the season. If she's all over the place and take screentime away from my faves, or if they're used to prop her, I'm not going to like her period.

I am so with you!

I think Grace being in everyone of Christa's storylines (at least according to the descriptions we have seen) may bother me just as much, if not more, than the writers using her character to interject drama into Christa and Neal's relationship. I like Christa way too much to see her every line from here to the end of the season have to do with Grace. It just rubs me the wrong way and makes me dislike Grace before I can even give her a chance.

As long as it it does not turn out that they are married I think it will turn out alright in the end and it won't be as bad as speculated. I hope....

in any case for the most part the relationship drama on this show only takes a small part of the screen time each episode even though they write it in the synopsis of the episode, at least till now .

You mean married, as in currently married? Goodness, that didn't even cross my mind. I can say right now if they take it that far, make Neal a married man this whole time, I will be done. Edited by Carolinagirl1028
  • Love 1

I agree, Happy Harpy. I watched Code Black from the beginning. I liked it okay, esp. Leanne's character and watching Raza Jaffery is always a delight of course, but after a few episodes Neal and Christa are what really got me invested and made it must watch TV for me.

you have an incredably fantasy and ideas :)

In description #16 is, she is ex-girlfriend so ... in #18 suddenly she would have advanced to his wife ;). Maybe they lived together or were planning to get engaged.

On the other hand .. If they broke up because she left him and went for a year to Haiti, he had to be hurt so he had to be a very desperated to come back to her after something like this

Edited by anlinn

I think Grace being in everyone of Christa's storylines (at least according to the descriptions we have seen) may bother me just as much, if not more, than the writers using her character to interject drama into Christa and Neal's relationship. I like Christa way too much to see her every line from here to the end of the season have to do with Grace. It just rubs me the wrong way and makes me dislike Grace before I can even give her a chance.

You mean married, as in currently married? Goodness, that didn't even cross my mind. I can say right now if they take it that far, make Neal a married man this whole time, I will be done.

It just how they ended the first season on grey's ( I guess you never watched )  so as long as they don't repeat that I think it will be OK. 

It just how they ended the first season on grey's ( I guess you never watched )  so as long as they don't repeat that I think it will be OK. 

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I read your post.

It's funny, I talked about the writers trying create an Addison Montgomery with Gina, but I thought more of a woman who seems tough but is in fact sensitive. Needless to say that if they do pull a literal Addison, I will be in major harpy mode.

On the other hand .. If they broke up because she left him and went for a year to Haiti, he had to be hurt so he had to be a very desperated to come back to her after something like this

The only way I can like this storyline is if

her departure was a catalyst and he (they) realize they didn't love each other enough to get married.

Pinch me, is TVLine promoting Code Black? They usually treat the show like an afterthought (although the constant reference to the Grace actress is beginning to get on my nerves.)

http://tvline.com/2016/02/10/code-black-video-annie-wersching/

The "Doctors" promo aired during the superbowl, according to TVOvermind.

http://www.tvovermind.com/code-black/code-black-gets-a-super-bowl-50-ad

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2

Keep Neal this way and I won't riot. "There is no us"? Oh, that was sweet to hear. (I hope it isn't a red herring, please, please, please!)

And I'm a bit less worried about Christa's characterization.

I should keep calm and watch Code Black, I guess :)

• Love 2

Oh I watched Grey's for years, until the writers completely obliterated my love for it. Sorry, I might still be a bit jaded. I love this show almost as much as I loved Grey's in the beginning, so i am desperate to see the same mistakes not be repeated. Which at least in this case I don't think we have to fear that. Derek was new to Seattle so almost no one knew his history. Neal has been at Angels Memorial for years, if he was married I think it would have gotten out by now.

Pinch me, is TVLine promoting Code Black? They usually treat the show like an afterthought (although the constant reference to the Grace actress is beginning to get on my nerves.)

http://tvline.com/2016/02/10/code-black-video-annie-wersching/

The "Doctors" promo aired during the superbowl, according to TVOvermind.

http://www.tvovermind.com/code-black/code-black-gets-a-super-bowl-50-ad

Code Black seems to be getting more and more media attention. I am hoping this means good things. I was very excited to see the commercial during the Super Bowl. I know CBS didn't technically have to pay for those spots since they aired the Super Bowl but that means they gave up some serious revenue to promote Code Black. I am hoping that is a good sign.

Keep Neal this way and I won't riot. "There is no us"? Oh, that was sweet to hear. (I hope it isn't a red herring, please, please, please!)

And I'm a bit less worried about Christa's characterization.

I should keep calm and watch Code Black, I guess :)

I really liked that line as well. He seems to be standing firm in his relationship with Christa. I have to say the fact that he has an ex isn't the problem no matter how involved they were, I mean Christa has an ex husband she had a son with, but the dramatic episode descriptions and having the fact that Grace is Neal's ex constantly thrown in our faces is where I become concerned.

• Love 3

Oh I watched Grey's for years, until the writers completely obliterated my love for it. Sorry, I might still be a bit jaded. I love this show almost as much as I loved Grey's in the beginning, so i am desperate to see the same mistakes not be repeated. Which at least in this case I don't think we have to fear that. Derek was new to Seattle so almost no one knew his history. Neal has been at Angels Memorial for years, if he was married I think it would have gotten out by now.

I really liked that line as well. He seems to be standing firm in his relationship with Christa. I have to say the fact that he has an ex isn't the problem no matter how involved they were, I mean Christa has an ex husband she had a son with, but the dramatic episode descriptions and having the fact that Grace is Neal's ex constantly thrown in our faces is where I become concerned.

I have a love/hate relationship with Grey's Anatomy. I raged quit for 5 or 6 years, and then I came back and I still like it very much but I'm not as passionate about the show as I used to be.

I think you're right about a marriage, people would know. Leanne, for one, wouldn't have smiled when Neal told the board about Christa if he was already married.

To play the devil's advocate, the description for episode 15 promised flowers and unicorns and it was all about angst instead. So I hope it's the opposite here, and the promo people are trying to hype in Grey's Anatomy's dramatic style something that isn't like it at all (read: better and more adult).

• Love 3

I really hope this is not the obstacle, I was kind of hoping for some different drama because Neal and Christa are older and more mature, they are kind of past petty jealousy, and school girl stuff. We shall see.

• Love 5

Seems like the description is inaccurate, maybe they made a mistake and some of it is for the next episode ?  or they cut the a scene ?

I noticed long ago that the descriptions do not have nothing to do with episodes. Additionally, there are exaggerated and begin to get on my nerves.

Furthermore extended description was taken from CBS. It turns out that descriptions were written a log ago and episodes have been adjusted to the current situation.

What does not surprise me .. because looking at the description and what could happen in episodes probably the rating could go down.

there are more sneak peaks,

all I can say is : Awkward

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/code-black-episode-117-love-hurts-promo.html

Yes, very awkward and definitely passive aggressive, at least as far as Grace goes. I want to give the character a chance but they aren't making it very easy. I am not quite sure what business it is of hers if Neal has texted Christa or not, or why she even feels the need to ask, but honestly Christa handled that whole thing way better than I would have. Its obvious she isn't over Neal, but he has moved on. If she can't handle facing that day in and day out without sly comments than she needs to remove herself from the situation.

On a positive note, this is a wonderful article about Code Black. Glad to see the show getting more and more positive press.

http://community.ew.com/2016/02/17/code-black-good-wife/

• Love 2

Meagan Good is 7 years younger than Bonnie Somerville ( who at 41 would be considered middle-aged).  I think they are trying to save the show

by bringing in and focusing on younger actors; and sudsing up the story lines to bring in younger viewers.  If they get a second season, and continue

on that path, I wont be watching.

• Love 1

Meagan Good is 7 years younger than Bonnie Somerville ( who at 41 would be considered middle-aged).  I think they are trying to save the show

by bringing in and focusing on younger actors; and sudsing up the story lines to bring in younger viewers. 

An yet, in spite of its younger cast, Minority Report was the first cancellation of the season IIRC.

Ironically, the show was doing great/better than now in December, with its original recipe and "old" cast, including in demo, before the shake-up.

I hate ageism and I hate when younger viewers are underestimated. It isn't because you're young that you automatically like crap.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2

Ironically, I was one of the three people that liked Minority Report. 

But most advertisers are still looking at the 18 to 49 demographics.

I feel like all they'd want me for is to talk my children and grand children into watching.

there is a sneak preview towards min 9:00. 

Looks actually interesting I hope the whole episode will be this way and I hope this episode will be the end of the triangles and other relation shapes.   

http://theofficialmarciagayharden.com/latest/2016/02/home-family-appearance/

I hope so. But I feel the potential for more crap (Neal has to choose between Christa's patient or Grace's patient, and it gets personal). Sorry, I wish I could be optimistic.

Edit: I went to the official Twitter account to check if there were more clues, and I saw that last week they launched a "TeamChrista" vs "TeamGrace" bullshit. They're actively going the catfight/triangle road. My hopes for an adult and balanced storyline are nearing zero right now

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1

I hope so. But I feel the potential for more crap (Neal has to choose between Christa's patient or Grace's patient, and it gets personal). Sorry, I wish I could be optimistic.

Edit: I went to the official Twitter account to check if there were more clues, and I saw that last week they launched a "TeamChrista" vs "TeamGrace" bullshit. They're actively going the catfight/triangle road. My hopes for an adult and balanced storyline are nearing zero right now

I'm a little more optimistic since they had Campbell ask grace out, I think that is the writers exist plan for grace from the triangle, and from the beginning they were planing of having a lot more angst and they toned it down.

If you want to look for more clues check out Somerville's twitter account  

It still could be wishful thinking on my part.   

• Love 2

If you want to look for more clues check out Somerville's twitter account  

I wanted to write about it about you were first. Bonnie Somerville wrote something interesting about Christa in last Wednsday

• Love 1

It still could be wishful thinking on my part.   

I like your wishful thinking!

I think that they toned the pure angst down. But when they use a medical case to make Christa look bad and Grace look good, it's more difficult to cut imo. It's what I'm afraid of. Christa wanting to be the best doctor possible was one of my favorite aspect of her character and I don't want it destroyed.

I wanted to write about it about you were first. Bonnie Somerville wrote something interesting about Christa in last Wednsday

Thanks for the precision! I didn't find anything detailed, though (I don't use Twitter so maybe I didn't look at the right place).

I like your wishful thinking!

I think that they toned the pure angst down. But when they use a medical case to make Christa look bad and Grace look good, it's more difficult to cut imo. It's what I'm afraid of. Christa wanting to be the best doctor possible was one of my favorite aspect of her character and I don't want it destroyed.

Thanks for the precision! I didn't find anything detailed, though (I don't use Twitter so maybe I didn't look at the right place).

It's for you  https://twitter.com/BonSomerville/status/700459579264602113

• Love 1

The first one had me elated. More storylines like this and more of this character, please!

The second one had me WTF.

It sounds like Grey's Anatomy trademark trashing of a character before getting rid of her. And Heather isn't the character I'd like to get rid of in priority.

• Love 1

The first one had me elated. More storylines like this and more of this character, please!

The second one had me WTF.

It sounds like Grey's Anatomy trademark trashing of a character before getting rid of her. And Heather isn't the character I'd like to get rid of in priority.

I actually did not like the fist one,

it sounds like Tylor is hesitant and may not be coming back 

the second one I did not care one way or the other about 

I do not care that much about heathers story line one way or another so I do not care what happens to her, and they already killed a character not to long ago so they could not do it twice ;) 

On the other hand there is no Grace-Christa angst conversation like the previews they released last week so maybe it is a positive step (I am still trying to remain positive for another day ) 

• Love 2

I'm more positive about the first one because they're throwing things against the wall

so I have good hope TPTB will try to get Kevin Dunne back at least in a recurring capacity. I'll trade any of the new characters for him, aside from Mike.

About the second

Heather looked so stricken at the end that I thought the writers might pull a Carol Hathaway with her.

• Love 1

I really, really hope they don't make the situation into a Christa's patient versus Grace's patient situation. If they focus on the medicine of it, I have no problem with it as these disagreements happen when two critical patients both need care. But turning this into a dilemma for Neal based on his feelings (or hopefully in one instance lack there of) for either woman not only brings about so many ethical violations of patient care but will also absolutely ruin all three characters, Neal's in particular.

Ironically, the show was doing great/better than now in December, with its original recipe and "old" cast, including in demo, before the shake-up.

I hate ageism and I hate when younger viewers are underestimated. It isn't because you're young that you automatically like crap.

You nailed it. I am at the perfect viewing age for the 18-49 demo, but I am barely tolerating the crap they are feeding us each week. The problem, well one of many, I believe is this show is trying so hard to pull in viewers so they can get renewed they don't even see the show is suffering as a result. They have thrown almost every possibly story line out there to amp up the drama, when it wasn't needed. Take the triangle for instance. I hate triangles, with a passion, they are way overdone and often pointless. However, in the instance of Neal/Christa, not only is the triangle the problem but the accelerated story line is an even bigger one. I am sorry but the writers have yet to actually show us a relationship. All we have gotten is some rushed relationship disclosure form, followed immediately by his ex coming on board. Its that way with almost every story line. It is ruining the credibility of the show. The only thing the last few episodes have accomplished for me personally, is at the rate its going I will honestly be a little less upset should it not get renewed. Which is a very bittersweet silver lining.

On the bright side, is it just me or does it appear CBS is putting forth more effort in its promotion of Code Black? They are Including good press snippets in the promo as well as they seem to be airing the promo more often. I guess it could be due to the fact that its the season finale but I am hoping its that they are putting a little more faith in it. 

• Love 1