Type keyword(s) to search

My Diet Is Better Than Yours - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That Taj needs to be somewhere in round the clock therapy.  She needs a team of therapists devoted just to her.  Jennifer seemed nice enough but oh my gawd, that makeup was wearing her.  I get they are on tv so perhaps some waterproof mascara but she had on a full face.  Who wants to workout in a fully made up face?

Taj's trainer and Shaun T. tried to tell her that going to therapy does not mean that you're crazy.  But she kept talking over them and didn't want to hear it.  It seems like you have to walk on egg shells with her.  During the 5K, Shaun just asked if she wanted to be there.  She said, "that he took it to another level" and then just quit.  I don't think any other trainer would have done well with her.  It's good that it looks like she has continued her weight loss journey but she wants to do it her way.

Glad that everyone has done well.  LaTasha did a good job catching up since she started her new plan at least four weeks after the rest.  Hope this show gets renewed.

• Love 3

Everyone looked great at the finale!  Really thought Wild Man diet was going to win.  Was happy Jasmine won but would have been happy with any of them winning.  All the contestants lost a lot and looked so much healthier. 

My favorite part of the finale was seeing all the coaches rooting for all the contestants.  Then all of the coaches and contestants finishing the race with Jeff.  That was so sweet.  If there was any back stabbing game  playing they didn't show it.  It wasn't missed.

The host Shaun was also adorable and very supportive.  Would love this to be renewed.

• Love 2

I'd very much appreciate that!  I've just recently broken a lifelong People habit, had to as soon as they started putting Kardashians on the covers, so I'm trying not to buy it every week.

It's in the recent week's issue.  I wouldn't buy it.  It's less than a half page and is below a spread of your favorite-- the Kardashians!  It's got just one little before pic of Jasmin and Dawn and an after pic of Jasmin and a short paragraph about the show and the diet.  You could read it in 8 seconds in the checkout line.  It's on page 30.

I didn't really stick to the eating plan so well.  I did start doing the 7-minute workout she recommends and her 12-minute hiit/sprints.  I like those.  

I tried to watch this on the site but it stalls and becomes annoying.  My computer is old.  The site doesn't even have photos of them or the diets they used.   So frustrating!  I really wanted to watch this.  I struggled through the first 3 episodes and gave up so I know a bit.  Hot buttered coffee is a new one on me.  I googled it and sure enough it is in line with the diet of my choice.   I will skip it and stick to drinking it black though and eat butter on my vegetables.  Coffee and bacon is my breakfast, that sounds similar with that theory.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
(edited)

Finally watched this.  The wild diet guy's diet is just Paleo but insisting on organic and grass fed (paleo recommends that, too), nothing new at all.   The only thing this show illustrated is any diet works if you follow it.  Nothing to see here!  

Calorie counting or low carb are the 2 ways to do it.  I would love to see Biggest Loser divide the contestants into groups and give each a different diet. And have each group do a different exercise regime.  THAT would be a good show.  They are too far up Jenny O's ass along with other low fat products to change what has given them ratings so that is not going to happen. And the low fat diet they do is archaic and not healthy.  

Edited by wings707

Someone mentioned this show on sparkpeople and I love it. I really hope it's cheap enough that they can bring it back last year. I've seen a few episodes of extreme makeover for weight loss and biggest loser, but this show seemed a lot nicer to the contestants that bl and I liked that the focus was on normal weight loss so it wasn't as much as they want on extreme makeover. It actually inspired me to get a little more Paleo. Abel James has an awesome podcast, I think it's on YouTube as well if you want to enjoy his baby blues. He's had a lot of the trainer's on, including dawn. I think jovanka and the clean mama plan lady haven't been on it. Also Kurt's been on it and he seems really nice on the podcast too. They talk a bit about the show conditions and some of what was filmed that didn't make it into the show.

• Love 1

I just got Dawn Jackson Blatner's new book.  I've been wanting it since the show and it just came out.  

https://www.amazon.com/Superfood-Swap-Without-C-R-P/dp/0544535553/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Mostly so far it seems like more of the same diet advice I read in most of the diet books I pick up but it has some interesting stuff, too.  One thing I'm not loving is her advice that when in doubt, just eat a fraction of your prior food but on a bed of greens.  E.g., a half slice of pizza diced up and eaten on 3 cups of salad greens.  Eh.  Doesn't sound very filling or satisfying.  She kind of comes off a little food snobbish, too.  I just am not certain that a restaurant chicken wing is really the ultimate in garbage.  And I am not one who feels so remarkably better on whole foods.  I feel pretty good on carby, salty, cheesey food with meat, etc.  Give me a bowl of greens with a half slice of pizza and I think I might just feel hungry and annoyed, not energized like unicorns and rainbows are dancing through my bloodstream.  But overall I like her advice and agree with her on nearly everything.  I hope it has some good recipes.  

I have to agree on only eating some of the food you order.  Portion control is a great way to eat when dining in restaurants, especially here in the Midwest where they give you huge plates full.  It's a lot more fun to just eat half your burger and fries, or half the bowl of pasta and shrimp rather than not being able to order any of that deliciousness in favor of salad with grilled chicken or something.  I lost 25 pounds in 6 months doing exactly that, and only that as far as diet goes - portion control does work and the bonus is my stomach seemed to shrink or something after a while so less food was quite filling not long after I stopped eating everything on my plate.  6 months later, and I am keeping the weight off without giving up the yummy things that make eating fun.

• Love 1