Type keyword(s) to search

My Diet Is Better Than Yours - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So last night the first two episodes premiered.

Basic setup:. The contestants pick the diet plan and partner with the "expert" to lose weight.

My observations:

That cLean Momma chick came off as a nut. It didn't help that she was paired with a woman that seemed to expect Biggest Loser style weight loss with minimal work.

Jovanka weirded out the lady who I think self sabotaged to get away from her.

• Love 4

Butter in coffee? Sounds sacrilegious.

I watched because my niece is related to Kurt by marriage - she was at filming a couple times & may be in an upcoming episode!  Some of the diet plans sound interesting & doable (Superfood Swap, No Diet) but some of the coaches (Jay, Carolyn) would drive me to drink...milkshakes. 

• Love 1

Butter and/or coconut oil in coffee is called bulletproof coffee. It actually tastes pretty good as that acts like cream.

Yes I think the Wild Diet will be the easiest to maintain over time too. Not surprised that vegan diet was the first to go.

• Love 2

Yep, I pretty much live on the tenets of The Wild Diet--although I've never heard of this guy or that name--and I lace my coffee with coconut oil. (I don't really know why you'd put butter in coffee, because there are plenty of things that taste better with butter, but it's harder to get enough coconut oil in you or on you.  That stuff is magic.)

Very strange, on a diet show, to see a contestant begging for some food guidelines and getting nothing, but the cLean Momma professional is driving me crazy with her breathy pronouncements, so I'm eager for her to go.

I wasn't sure about this show, but now I'm looking forward to the next two hours, finger on the fast-forward button.

If the Wild Diet man can stay away from sugar and the starchier carbs--did I see a hamburger bun?!--he should sail through to the win.  Assuming the others don't kill him and eat him first.

• Love 2

I was skeptical of the vegan diet as weight loss mechanism from the start. I have had periods of eating vegan (Lent!), and it has never resulted in weight loss. Plenty of junk is vegan! Sure, you can lose weight on a vegan diet, but you have to watch sugar and fat; a vegan cookie is no better for you than a non-vegan cookie. Also, Jovanka was so into the toxin thing, which I can't get behind. Toxicity is a relative measure, not an absolute!

CLean Momma is so loosely tethered to reality that I expect her to drift into pure insanity at any moment. And I don't mean Shaun T.'s work out.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Love 5

I was a little disappointed in the format of the show.  I thought Shaun T would be leading some of the workouts!  Hopefully he will in some later episodes.  Love that guy.

I am totally on board with the thought that the Clean Mama came off as a complete weirdo.  And her "task-ercising" was completely impractical and ridiculous. Her contestant must be kinder and more patient than me, because I would have parted ways from her after that first weigh-in! 

The vegan diet guru also came off as a bit wacky. I believe in whole food, plant-based eating as a very healthy way to live (although I'm not eating that way at the moment) but her plan sounded really unnecessarily strict that first week - and she didn't even have that great of a weight loss to show for it.

DancingD, on 09 Jan 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

Pretty sure the hamburger was on lettuce. I don't think they are telling us all the details of the diets at all. I mean, the "No Diet" guy is losing weight, there must be some dieting involved.

Yeah, they won't give all the details because they want us - the viewers - to buy their books! LOL  The Wild Diet sounded fine and a good fit for his contestant.  But it's just a Paleo diet - nothing new or innovative there. 

• Love 2

No dieting...just eating on blue plates.  Easy peasy.

Same with getting a few more hours of sleep over the course of two weeks cured him of being pre-diabetic.  Right.

He was not diabetic, his blood glucose level was high signaling a danger of diabetes in the future if he continued as he was.  It only takes a week of eating correctly to bring that down.  

I am just watching epi 2 now.  Wild dieting is clearly the best and what is in the air now.  He did not mention gluten free but it is.  Low carb does it every time.  

I bet the weight loss is steadier than on BL because the focus is food with reasonable exercise.  

A sincere desire and commitment not to eat animals has to accompany a vegan diet or it won't work for the long haul.  And by that I mean more than a couple of weeks!  It tends to be high in carbs, too.  That is a killer for me. 

I am curious if many switch to the wild diet as the weeks move on.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I enjoyed this so far.  I was sorry to see the vegan chick go as I love learning about eastern philosophies and I didn't think she was bad.  The cookie exercise was about learning to eat treats responsibly.  Sugar is not evil.  Eating 4x the recommended amount all year long is.  

Yeah, 'wild diet' is very paleo/Atkins, which often leads to nice initial (water) loss and easy compliance, especially in men.  

I think they're all restricting, including 'no diet' and 'taskercise', we're just not privy to the details.  The 'no diet' guy seems to be focusing on his man's demand for food.  I agree that if you sleep more you'll eat less, if for no other reason than you're not awake to eat as often, plus being exhausted does make me want to eat as a pick-me-up.  Or possibly to induce a carb coma.

Shaun T. is cute but very wooden.  He sounds like he's mimicking Ally Sweeney on BL.  

If you ever get a chance to do a Shaun T workout, do it! He's a fantastic dance teacher. However, I do not much care for this show yet, it seems awkward, like the home visits were super scripted. And two hours is a death knell for a show like this, is it two hours each week?

• Love 1

I thought everyone--coaches and clients--was somewhat unpolished, which was sort of nice. I liked the Vegan coach and totally got where she was coming from. Her approach wasn't very westernized, though, so a lot of people might not give it a chance. The clean momma made me want to throw a bag of potato chips at my tv--and how rude was she to her client's husband and mother! She sounded like she had that speech about whatever it was ready and wasn't sure when to use it so just started ripping them. I still don't know what principles Most of them are following.

I love the premise that the trainers can be kicked off but not the participants.

It's a good post-holiday pre-superbowl series, pretty light.

• Love 2

I think these shows assume no tv viewer has interest in the actual diets, just in the results and the challenges and seeing overweight people in underwear.  

There used to be a show on (now defunct) Fit TV called Diet Doctor.  It was an MD specializing in diet who profiled a popular diet plan in each episode, including having a client try it.  

I googled the cLEANmama gal, figuring she didn't get that body from squatting in the produce aisle.  She's a professional dancer, barre and pilates teacher.  I think they probably asked her to be the resident nutball.  Kinda weird all her comments about her client's rear end.  Her client Latasha seems like a grade A bitch, though, so it's kind of fun to see them annoy each other.  Latasha's makeup is insane, and not in a good way, especially for a cardio challenge.  

Jazmine looks and sounds so much like Kelly Clarkson to me.  

"No diet" Jay-  Looking at his web site it looks like he focuses on making healthy choices and learning healthy portion sizes.  And some odd color recommendations.  

Lifetimes ago, as a teen, I worked at Village Inn.  When they remodeled, they put in bone colored laminate tables, but the break room table was glaring yellow laminate.  I asked why.  They said the color is annoying, not relaxing, so it encourages you to leave the table (and get back to work).  

I liked the format of this show. I liked that everyone was in their own home instead of living together and all of the normal reality show drama BS. The pacing of the show was a bit better, probably because it was two 1-hr shows instead of a 2-hr show. I also liked that it was the trainers that get eliminated instead of the contestants. The contestants were pretty likable, although I didn't care for the lady who was match with the Clean Mama trainer; she should have gone home first. I also think that the Vegan lady's contestant sabotaged herself a bit so that she could change her diet plan.

• Love 1

Dawn (Jackson Blatner) was my nutritionist in Chicago when she worked for the Northwestern Hospital weight loss program. She was AMAZING. She's just like she was on the show. She never tried to shoehorn me into her idea of a great diet. She worked with me through all my weird allergies, non-red-meat-eating, and shift schedule. The only thing I ever remember her criticizing was my then-office's habit of having food out everywhere. "I hate your office" was a common phrase.

She left Northwestern and went out on her own. I would love to go back to work with her as soon as I can afford to.

I would love to see her win, with her relaxed, let's-work-with-the-client's-life attitude.

• Love 2

OK, I wanted to like this show because I was intrigued by the concept (finally a show that focuses on diet - hear that, Biggest Loser?) and I love Shaun T's personality, but I had to turn off the TV when the no-diet guy made his client read his own fake obituary. If I wanted theatrics, I'd go back to watching TBL. Shame.

• Love 2

He was not diabetic, his blood glucose level was high signaling a danger of diabetes in the future if he continued as he was.  It only takes a week of eating correctly to bring that down.  

At the first weigh-in, I thought they said his blood sugar was in the diabetic range, and I had to wonder why a guy who's that overweight, who'd had a family member get some limb (leg?) amputated due to diabetes, didn't know his blood sugar level. But I figured denial is strong.

Then at the second weigh-in, they said his blood sugar had dropped from pre-diabetic to the normal range (I'm sure that's what I heard because it was different from what I heard (or thought I heard) at the first weigh-in (pre-diabetic vs diabetic)), and I know the trainer said that getting more sleep fixed his blood sugar level. Which just isn't true. And might not be the way he actually said it, due to how it was edited, but it's what was on the show.

I am curious if many switch to the wild diet as the weeks move on.

They didn't explain how the switch takes place, although they certainly could have had time if they'd made Shaun talk at a real-person speed (I watched his parts on 1.3 speed and it was still slow), but the preview stuff showed a new trainer coming in. If that's the case, then they're having to ditch their current one for the unknown? That doesn't seem right.

But how would they switch to someone else's diet? That would actually be sort of interesting--the original person on that diet wouldn't be able to have their trainer living in a tent in his front yard because the trainer would have to be helping someone else. (Is this even possible? Are they all in the same town?) So the original person, whose success was so compelling as to prompt someone else to make a change, would be set somewhat adrift, like in the real world. Left to rely on their own willpower and the book they bought.

I am not sure about where they live and the logistics but Skype may enter the picture and occasional visits. I like the idea that they get one chance to change diets and the choice goes down the line from largest weight loss to the least for picking order. Makes sense the lowest loss would signal someone wanting to change. But that goes for second to the bottom, as well so some may miss their shot at switching.

• Love 1

It looks like Dawn is best known for authoring The Flexitarian Diet. I guess the show thought that was too similar to the vegetarian plan, and hired her under the banner of Superfood Swap instead?

I have to admit I like the former title more. I think 'superfoods' is a marketing term more than any true distinction. The foods highest in antioxidants are mostly pantry staples like coffee, cinnamon and blueberries, not pricey exotic items like acai, chia and maca. It doesn't sound like that's what Dawn's hawking but that's usually what the term 'superfoods' refers to.

I like the idea that they get one chance to change diets and the choice goes down the line from largest weight loss to the least for picking order. Makes sense the lowest loss would signal someone wanting to change. But that goes for second to the bottom, as well so some may miss their shot at switching.

That's a clever angle.  If you hate your diet/trainer, you'd be highly motivated to lose so you'd improve your chances at the boot option.  Oh, the irony.  Hee.

OK, I wanted to like this show because I was intrigued by the concept (finally a show that focuses on diet - hear that, Biggest Loser?) and I love Shaun T's personality, but I had to turn off the TV when the no-diet guy made his client read his own fake obituary. If I wanted theatrics, I'd go back to watching TBL. Shame.

Noooo, Chocolatine, come back!  The fast-forward button is your friend.  (That obit thing was awful.  I also have too much pride to watch people schlep buckets of high fructose corn syrup.  Plus, it makes my knees hurt.)

The main gimmick of "Dieter's Choice" is the most interesting part, I think.  I'd love to know more about the selection process and see the full list of options--I bet Jenny, Nutrisys and WW wouldn't even return their calls.  If cLean Momma was a first-responder, what in the world is left in the reject pile?  Maybe the producers held back a couple of reasonable ones.

• Love 3

The first time I heard the term "Superfood" was ~1989 when a desperate neighbor subjected me to a pyramid scheme lecture about blue-green algae.  I still think that algae might be the real deal, but the high pressure sales pitch made me bolt.

I normally hate the psycho-drama, but the obit thing didn't bother me.  I think it's at least a realistic exercise to hammer home the reality of diabetes and other obesity related illness.  Unlike Chris Powell or Jillian Michaels forcing clients to cry over their past hurts in mid-workout, as if it's going to heal them.  Those feel so forced and scripted.  The obit guy seemed a little shocked when asked to read it aloud.

I hope the switch will be bringing in someone new and not stealing someone else's trainer. I get the sense these people really didn't get to "choose" their diet plan that much, or maybe that they didn't understand it. Hell I don't completely understand some of them.

The vegan lady was nice, but it was way too early to introduce the concept of moderation, especially on a show where the most weight loss in the smallest time is the goal. I suspect the Wellness Mama is the next to get the boot.

• Love 1

I just watched this. It was a bit slow but I'll probably continue. I'm a sucker for weight loss shows. Also I find Shaun T. adorable, if a bit rough at this point.

The wild (paleo) diet is the one that has always worked best for me, when I stick to it. I operate better on lower carb, higher fat without question. As dorky as it was the bacon costume cracked me up. Especially when the contestant talked about a fat guy chasing bacon.

I felt like the wellness smackdown (stupid name) was a lot upfront. A switch to vegan & all liquid for a week is big. I had a hard time believing the girl had never seen an avocado. Really? I am a strong believer in non-western styles of healing & medicine & liked that side of it. The contestant seemed a bit iffy with the plan the second week & it seemed her disgust at being offered a cookie was the tipping point to switch.

The superfood diet is poorly labeled. It sounds more like an attempt to swap out unhealthy foods & habits for healthy ones & being more mindful in general. It came off as reasonable. I've used cauliflower as rice & mashed potatoes before & been pleased with them. I liked that tip.

The no diet, or whatever blue plate & purple sheets is called, makes me laugh. I feel like the guy could be on a local late night informational for cheap hypnosis tapes. His voice is slightly creepy yet sleepy at the same time.

The clean mama diet lady is an odd one. The "taskercise" idea of doing squats while at the grocery store is a bit ridiculous, but doing them while brushing your teeth is something I've actually done. And good grief let the lady pray in peace.

• Love 6

I stumbled on this show via Roku/Hulu, I never saw a single ad on ABC. I kinda like. Interesting to see results at home, based on a popular (?) diet.

It seemed like the reporter choose the plan that required the least from her, yet expected Biggest Loser results (20 lbs in 2 weeks??) When she was pissed about "only" losing 6 lbs in a week, I wanted someone to tell her that was huge, and it's highly unrealistic to expect to lose 10 lbs a week. She was really annoying me, she seemed to be pissy about the whole thing. Hey, you picked it, lady.

Shaun T. is cute but very wooden.  He sounds like he's mimicking Ally Sweeney on BL.

He's trying hard to sound "straight" on his big network TV debut.  /speculation / 

Come on, Shaun, just let loose with a big 'ol, "HAAAYY!" You'll feel better.

• Love 5

I stumbled across this on the Hulu and did take to it, despite the overly wooden delivery of Sean. Plus, it's a great idea to keep all the contestants around and boot the trainers.

Still, I wish they'd take at least three weeks before giving the option to boot your trainer. Vegan woman wasn't bad. The massage thing was really creepy. I could never stand to do that, since I shower fully clothed.

• Love 2

I was hoping the vegan trainer got another contestant or something, not booted.  

My issue with the oil massage would be the mess.  I rubbed a little coconut oil on my skin in the shower for months, until I had to pour degreaser down the drain to clear it from oil build-up.  Yuck.  

Dawn (Jackson Blatner) was my nutritionist in Chicago when she worked for the Northwestern Hospital weight loss program. She was AMAZING. She's just like she was on the show. She never tried to shoehorn me into her idea of a great diet. She worked with me through all my weird allergies, non-red-meat-eating, and shift schedule. The only thing I ever remember her criticizing was my then-office's habit of having food out everywhere. "I hate your office" was a common phrase.

She left Northwestern and went out on her own. I would love to go back to work with her as soon as I can afford to.

I would love to see her win, with her relaxed, let's-work-with-the-client's-life attitude.

I also know Dawn and agree she is awesome. She's very funny and personable and has a very realistic view of eating healthy. I hope she wins.

• Love 1

I like the replacement trainer for the vegan chick.  This one seems more grounded.  But her contestant obviously has never cooked if she thought fish came out of a bag and had never seen fresh fish.   She wasn't even sure tuna was fish despite fish being part of the name.  Yikes!

The look on Shaun T's face after the bald dude called the challenge stupid was HILARIOUS!  I really need a screen capture or gif of that moment.  

• Love 1

Buh-bye Carolyn!  I hated everything about her plan, from the name to the spelling of the name, to the lack of a diet, to the cutesy BS words.  And her plastic surgery face.  Way to be a sore loser on the way out, too!

• Love 2

Yay Taj!  She excelled with her new trainer who I also adore.  Great team!

I like this show.  I appreciate the doable workouts that don't require a gym and can fit in your life easily.  More focus on food is ideal.  BL missed the boat on not going down this road (different diets).  I also like that they are not all extremely heavy.  

They need to improve the production value though. lt feels like a cable show and the website is incomplete.  It doesn't even give the names of the contestants or trainers!   They probably have no intention of renewing this, unfortunately.  

Clean Mom was NOT happy!  I could see her watching her career go down the drain when she realized she was getting dumped.  I suspect her attitude will give future clients pause if they see this show.   Her victim was just as testy and justifiably so,  but was able to pull it together.  I don't blame her for changing.  The stuffed animals were too much, on top of everything else.  WTF?  I didn't get a very clear idea of what Clean Mom diet was either.

Of course the Wild Diet guy used an old fashioned ice cream maker; we used to have one of those.  The electric versions are very efficient, not expensive and make excellent ice cream in a flash.  

I cannot remember what the Sexy workout trainer or person did or even who they are.  

• Love 1

For some reason, I love this show!  The only part on any show I hate is when contestants say "I only lost 7 pounds."  Dude, 7 pounds is a lot!

I love that it is focused on diet and I LOVE that the contestants aren't spending 18 hours a day in the gym.  There really does need to be a balance between eating and working out.  You can't just go from couch potato to these intense Biggest Loser workouts in a day.

I'm not sure what the Clean Mom Diet is....but La'Tasha's new trainer looks cute, so I'm excited! haha

• Love 6

Yeah I've been doing Hip Hop Abs and Cize lately, and I'm having a hard time reconciling this Shaun T with the one on my TV screen.  Still love him though.

BUH BYE Clean EAting Bitch.  I hope to never see you on my TV again.

Still, I wish they'd take at least three weeks before giving the option to boot your trainer. Vegan woman wasn't bad. The massage thing was really creepy. I could never stand to do that, since I shower fully clothed.

Errr... come again? 

• Love 3

I stumbled across this on the Hulu and did take to it, despite the overly wooden delivery of Sean. Plus, it's a great idea to keep all the contestants around and boot the trainers.

I like that they can fire the trainer the first week.  Sometimes you just don't gel with someone and 3 weeks would be unbearable if you did not connect with them or their diet was impossible for you.  I know I would not succeed with a vegan diet and I am with you on the oil massage.   That would feel terrible even though I shower naked!  LOL!  

I would have had a problem with the vegan woman.  Taj said she didn't want to eat the cookie.  That is a good response from someone revamping their diet so they could lose 50+ pounds for fuck sake.   She was pushed into eating it.   I did not like her for that.  

• Love 3

I watched the first episode of Hulu because of Shaun T.  I was kind of hoping I'd see him exercising without his shirt on like in those infomercials that I watched, not because I want to exercise, but to see hot guys exercising.  Well, I was mildly disappointed but hopeful that in the future episodes Shaun T will eventually take off his shirt and show off his magnificent abs.

I like all the contestants.  They all seem very motivated to lose weight and I found myself genuinely rooting for them.  I thought the trainers were very weird, very intense but likable.  The CLeanMomma lady was kind of scary intense and weird.

I caught the last half hour of this show last night on regular TV.  What's with the stuffed animals tucked around CLeanMomma lady's clothes?  What's the purpose?  Even her contestant looked puzzled.  I don't blame the reporter lady for dumping CLeanMomma lady.  I think taskercizing is not enough to give one a good workout and burn fat.  It was kind of a relief to see that particular trainer leave.

I guess I'll be watching the rest of this show on Hulu, for I am, even though not convinced, am oddly hooked.

• Love 2

Sadly, I think the stuffed animal thing was edited too make cLean Momma look crazy. They were laughing quite heartily before the jump cut to her lining up the toys on the ground for the "finish line".

I took love that they can find the expert and that the weight loss is very similar to what at home diet/exercise programs tend to result in. Let's face it, very few people (unless morbidly obese or fluid logged) will lose BL numbers during the first weeks woke following their normal routine.

So glad the ungracious CleanMomma is gone and no doubt her dreams of making it big in the fitness world are also kaput. Reporter client fell three weeks behind everyone else but still thanked CM for what she had done, and CM pretty much said she cheated. Not the time to bring it up. Go away, CM.

Loved loved loved big bald guy getting called on the carpet by the main host for his sucky attitude (which unfortunately for me, I sometimes share). He could do really well.

Yay for Taj and her new trainer! I liked her first trainer too but she didn't seem a good fit for a weight loss goal.

Other guy client will probably win but I would definitely go to the "Superfoods Swap" trainer in a heartbeat (yes, awful awful name for the program). She seems to really know her stuff. We will probably see her again on other shows after this series.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 2

This whole thing is so interesting.  I think the big bald man looked through the brochures and picked the one that looked the least intrusive, The No-Diet Diet.  And at the opposite end of the spectrum, Taj picked not one, but now two, of the most extreme plans she could--as in, LET'S DO THIS ALREADY, RAWR! 

You aren't going to make effective inroads into 300 pounds by switching to blue plates, but trying to go liquid/vegan/martial artist is just too damn hard to sustain for very long when your goal is basic weight loss.

It looks like the "Superfoods" plan is actually more "Educate yourself, step up the self-discipline and make better choices" than the turmeric and kombucha the name suggests.  Solid.

My money's still on the low-carber "Wild" guy.  That's a non-punishing, dependable way to lose weight at a decent clip.  Eventually you start sneaking in the bread and the whole thing goes ass over teakettle, but the (crustless) cheesecake should get him to the prize money. 

Shaun T, dude!  I hit the FF button on/off and you were still saying the same sentence.

• Love 3

This whole thing is so interesting.  I think the big bald man looked through the brochures and picked the one that looked the least intrusive, The No-Diet Diet.  And at the opposite end of the spectrum, Taj picked not one, but now two, of the most extreme plans she could--as in, LET'S DO THIS ALREADY, RAWR! 

You aren't going to make effective inroads into 300 pounds by switching to blue plates, but trying to go liquid/vegan/martial artist is just too damn hard to sustain for very long when your goal is basic weight loss.

It looks like the "Superfoods" plan is actually more "Educate yourself, step up the self-discipline and make better choices" than the turmeric and kombucha the name suggests.  Solid.

My money's still on the low-carber "Wild" guy.  That's a non-punishing, dependable way to lose weight at a decent clip.  Eventually you start sneaking in the bread and the whole thing goes ass over teakettle, but the (crustless) cheesecake should get him to the prize money. 

Shaun T, dude!  I hit the FF button on/off and you were still saying the same sentence.

The Marshal Arts trainer who Taj got is a pescatarian so Taj will eat fish, eggs and dairy.  I can and have done that, I found it easy as far as dieting goes.  Low carb is the most effective this trainer mentioned no gluten, as well.  I think.  

I think the wild diet guy will win this, too.  He is large so will lose fast and again, low carb, the magic bullet. 

• Love 2

While I think the Clean Mama trainer is a nut, I'm quite certain her contestant was cheating and not following the plan. If three weeks in she was planning on ordering fried green tomatoes and two salmon croquettes to start at lunch, clearly she understands nothing about dieting. At her starting weight, she needed to be doing next to nothing to lose 1 pound. I believe she truly wants to lose the weight, but doesn't want to do the work (or doesn't understand how to do the work). I didn't find her gracious when she switched trainers- I found her eerily calm and robotic. Still, hoping she does better with her new diet. Only the clean diet and superfoods swap contestants seem to have a healthy additude about this being a long term process.

• Love 2

While I think the Clean Mama trainer is a nut, I'm quite certain her contestant was cheating and not following the plan. If three weeks in she was planning on ordering fried green tomatoes and two salmon croquettes to start at lunch, clearly she understands nothing about dieting. At her starting weight, she needed to be doing next to nothing to lose 1 pound. I believe she truly wants to lose the weight, but doesn't want to do the work (or doesn't understand how to do the work). I didn't find her gracious when she switched trainers- I found her eerily calm and robotic. Still, hoping she does better with her new diet. Only the clean diet and superfoods swap contestants seem to have a healthy additude about this being a long term process.

I was distracted so I missed the fried green tomatoes and salmon croquettes!  Jesus.  She had quite an attitude.  It will be interesting to see how she does with a new trainer.  She needs a male trainer who is firm.  Someone she wants to do well, to please, that extra incentive helps.  

While I think the Clean Mama trainer is a nut, I'm quite certain her contestant was cheating and not following the plan. If three weeks in she was planning on ordering fried green tomatoes and two salmon croquettes to start at lunch, clearly she understands nothing about dieting. At her starting weight, she needed to be doing next to nothing to lose 1 pound.

Hard to tell how much the editing monkeys worked both of them.  I remember the contestant said more than once, last week:  "I don't know what I'm supposed to be eating."  So, cheating on what?  Otoh, surely the entire plan wasn't just squat thrusting in the produce aisle?  The gracious cLean lady didn't specify whether her client had cheated via a stash of Twinkies or by failing to climb the stairs in plank position.

I agree, though, that the woman's a weight loss newbie.  I felt sad when she had her fingers crossed for eight pounds, which is going to be the exclusive territory of those two enormous men.  Three weeks in, she may already be looking at the two pound/week standard for women.  Two pounds that might not even show up on schedule due to plateau, menstrual cycle or that extra salt from dinner last night.  And I guess they're still saving the comfort of "muscle weighs more than fat" for later.

Maybe she self-sabotaged, or maybe The cLean Momma Plan was just egregious.

• Love 3