Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation and Speculation Discussion: American Crime 2.0

I'm starting this thread, since I had a fair amount of speculation that might not fit well in the Episode thread. 

Why was the victim student looking so fine before he saw the photos of himself on line? Does this mean that he wasn't assaulted?

My person of interest right now is the basketball coach.  Did anyone else think that he seems to be hiding something?  

I'm starting this thread, since I had a fair amount of speculation that might not fit well in the Episode thread. 

Why was the victim student looking so fine before he saw the photos of himself on line? Does this mean that he wasn't assaulted?

My person of interest right now is the basketball coach.  Did anyone else think that he seems to be hiding something?  

I think he's hiding something, but the something may be something we know nothing about.

I think that was implying that he didn't remember what happened until he saw the pictures, and seeing them triggered his memory a bit (though it sounds like he still can't remember the details).

After watching the first two episodes I have a speculation. 

It seems that many people are cautioning Taylor's mother about moving forward with the investigation because it would be difficult for her son.   She seems determined to make the boys that hurt her son pay but isn't really listening to Taylor when he says he wants it all to go away.

My speculation is that regardless of what happened or who else ends up punished that in the end Taylor will commit suicide.   His mom may get the boys punished if he was raped but in the end she will lose him.

Edited by ImpishGrin
  • Love 3

I was shocked to see Taylor with a gun in the previews. Any guesses as to what may happen? Is he going after Eric? The team? Someone else? I doubt he is contemplating suicide.....we just had that storyline with Eric.

As disturbing as this arc has been, I find myself feeling a little sad that it will end tonight. Perhaps because I realize so many questions will remain unanswered, but also because of the performances, which I found absolutely riveting.

• Love 3

Official synopsis for S3: 

When a father, Luis Salazar (Benito Martinez), travels illegally from Mexico into the United States to search for his missing son, he discovers that modern servitude is thriving in the farmlands and agricultural communities. Promised a job and a place to live, these laborers find themselves forced to live in abject poverty. Required to pay for their own food and other essentials, what little money they make is paid back to their employers, and because they will forever be in debt, they can never leave.

Undocumented workers aren’t the only people targeted by this system. Coy Henson (Connor Jessup) is a young, white American male, estranged from his family and hopelessly addicted to drugs. When he happens upon farm crew chief Isaac Castillo (Richard Cabral), he takes the opportunity to get his life back on track. But as he desperately tries to free himself of his addiction, he begins to become suspicious of Isaac’s promises and aware of the injustices taking place on the farm.

Hesby Farms is a struggling tomato farm, forced to cut back on labor costs in order to be competitive in a market that continuously demands lower prices. Jeanette Hesby (Felicity Huffman), who married into the family that owns the farm, begins to learn the shocking truth behind their wealth. Her turmoil will eventually force her to make a moral decision which could put her at odds with the family.

Kimara Walters (Regina King) is a dedicated social worker who truly wants to help those in need. Unattached, single and in her forties, she desperately wants to have a baby and is finding it hard to get pregnant, even with the help of modern medicine. When Kimara meets Shae (Ana Mulvoy-Ten), a 17-year-old prostitute, she wants to help her get out of the business, turn her life around and take a stand against her pimp.

Nicholas Coates (Timothy Hutton) owns a furniture supply business and is feeling the sting of buyers wanting quality items at discounted prices. At home, he finds himself in a marriage where memories of the past seem much more pleasant than the present. His wife, Clair (Lili Taylor), decides that she wants to hire and provide a working visa for a Haitian woman, Gabrielle (Mickaëlle X. Bizet), to be their son’s nanny. But darkness seems to embroil this family, and Gabrielle soon discovers that her employment comes with a steep price.

“American Crime” stars Felicity Huffman as Jeanette Hesby, Regina King as Kimara Walters, Timothy Hutton as Nicholas Coates, Lili Taylor as Clair Coates, Connor Jessup as Coy, Richard Cabral as Isaac Castillo and Benito Martinez as Luis Salazar.

Recurring guest stars this season include Cherry Jones as Laurie Ann Hesby, Janel Moloney as Raelyn, Dallas Roberts as Carson Hesby, Ana Mulvoy-Ten as Shae Reese, Clayton Cardenas as Diego Castillo, Sandra Oh as Abby Tanaka and Mickaëlle X. Bizet as Gabrielle.

• Love 4