Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ryebread

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

Recommended Posts


43 minutes ago, Jel said:

Is that for real? And if so, does it only apply to people with dementia? does it affect thinking and judgment too?

Not necessarily restricted to those with dementia.

Hallucinations and delusions affect anyone's thinking and judgement. Some believe the UTI/altered mental status link appears noticeably frequently among the  population with dementia because they are being closely supervised. Perhaps people without dementia compensate differently for changes in thinking and feeling. When I worked in a memory care unit I thought a change was most noticable when someone who usually had a combative personality  became easygoing and compliant (likely because of confusion). After a round of antibiotics the aggression returned, which was their "normal."

It wouldn't be surprising to learn that Tom is attempting to use a legitimate predicament for many as a ploy for himself.

https://aaseniorcare.com/sudden-altered-mental-status-in-the-elderly-suspect-urinary-tract-infection-uti/

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, suomi said:

Not necessarily restricted to those with dementia.

Hallucinations and delusions affect anyone's thinking and judgement. Some believe the UTI/altered mental status link appears noticeably frequently among the  population with dementia because they are being closely supervised. Perhaps people without dementia compensate differently for changes in thinking and feeling. When I worked in a memory care unit I thought a change was most noticable when someone who usually had a combative personality  became easygoing and compliant (likely because of confusion). After a round of antibiotics the aggression returned, which was their "normal."

It wouldn't be surprising to learn that Tom is attempting to use a legitimate predicament for many as a ploy for himself.

https://aaseniorcare.com/sudden-altered-mental-status-in-the-elderly-suspect-urinary-tract-infection-uti/

Suomi and SweetieDarling, thank you for this information! My mind is seriously blown over this. I was also very surprised to learn that the elderly typically do not experience the usual UTI symptoms. Why not!?  At what age does this change begin -- where burning, gotta pee every 5 minutes is replaced by a change in cognition, emotional lability, ability to reason? 

I see the rabbit hole; I feel a slight pull from its direction...

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

The reason I brought up UTIs in the first place is because what some viewers believe is just a waxing & waning  of Tom's "dementia"  - might be something else - if not outright fakery because the inability to participate in his defense seemed to arise so shortly - or only - after charges of settlement theft raised & his assets frozen.   He may/may not have had earlier signs of dementia - but to go to the extreme example of being unable to participate in his defense seems fishy & the timing is very suspect.  He can have a UTI with or without dementia - but it's an infection - not an example of waxing & waning dementia.  His legal expert raised no historical evidence of stroke/catastrophic event (as with vascular dementia), didn't raise any other medical reasons, and described no Alzheimer-like behaviors.  Pretty sure, though, in the coming season, Erika will try to re-write history.                                   

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/24/2021 at 1:54 PM, suomi said:

Erika is the president of EJ Global LLC, the company that received $20 million and is a plaintiff in the lawsuit filed in Chicago.

 

Defendant, not plaintiff.

https://images.law.com/contrib/content/uploads/documents/292/78143/Edelson-Girardi-complaint.pdf

From the lawsuit, Edelson (law firm) V. Girardi et al:

"NATURE OF THE ACTION

1. Tom Girardi (“Tom” or “Girardi”) and his law firm Girardi Keese (“GK”) are on the verge of financial collapse and locked in a downward spiral of mounting debts and dwindling funds. They presently owe tens of millions of dollars to clients, lenders, co-counsel, settlement administrators, and experts, to name only a few, and have tried in vain to forestall the payment of these debts with hollow promises, excuses, misdirection, and outright fraud.

2. At the heart of this deception is Defendant Girardi and his need to fund outrageous lifestyles for himself and his soon-to-be ex-wife, Erika Jayne (“Erika” or “Jayne”). Tom and Erika have reached celebrity status in the glitz-and-glam world of Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Tom is a well-known and powerful personal injury attorney. Erika is a performer who is perhaps better known for her years-long presence on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, a show centered on the larger-than-life extravagances of its cast members. To keep up their celebrity status, Tom and Erika must project a public image of obscene wealth at all times, and at whatever the cost.

3. As a result, and most egregiously, Tom has resorted to embezzling the proceeds of settlements that should have been directed to his clients—including, as the basis for this Complaint, the widows and orphans who lost loved ones in the tragic crash of Lion Air Flight 610—in order to continue funding his and Erika’s lavish Beverly Hills lifestyles.

4. While Erika publicly filed for divorce this month, on information and belief, that

2

Case: 1:20-cv-07115 Document #: 1 Filed: 12/02/20 Page 3 of 30 PageID #:3

“divorce” is simply a sham attempt to fraudulently protect Tom’s and Erika’s money from those that seek to collect on debts owed by Tom and his law firm GK. This would not be the first attempt by Tom to hide and divert assets. Indeed, in a likely violation of the California Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act (Cal. Civ. Code § 3439), Defendant Jayne’s company, Defendant EJ Global, has allegedly received tens of millions in “loans” directly from Defendant GK, of which Tom is the sole equity shareholder.

5. Tom’s downward spiral appears to have finally bottomed out. On information and belief, Tom’s mounting loans and debt have piled up to such an extent that GK can no longer meet its financial obligations and it is likely that GK will soon not be a going concern. But Tom’s litigation financers and other creditors (including Erika) are not the ones who stand to lose the most from the fall of GK. Instead, it’s the Lion Air clients (and potentially other clients) who stand to lose everything. That’s because, on information and belief, Tom has embezzled and redirected the funds that were due the Lion Air clients (and of lesser importance, Plaintiff Edelson) to his family members, friends, and his and GK’s lenders and other creditors.

6. These family members, friends, lenders and other creditors of Defendants Girardi and GK have not simply been passively receiving funds that could plausibly be construed as valid repayments for loans made or obligations owed. Instead, with Defendants Girardi’s and GK’s financial woes in full view, these people and entities—including Defendants Lira, California Attorney Lending, and Stillwell Madison—have, on information and belief, with the agreement of Defendants Girardi and GK, structured an inter-creditor agreement amongst themselves that redirects to them any monies received into the bank accounts of Defendant GK. Pursuant to that agreement, on information and belief, Defendants Lira, California Attorney Lending, and Does 1-10 have knowingly demanded and received embezzled funds belonging to

3

Case: 1:20-cv-07115 Document #: 1 Filed: 12/02/20 Page 4 of 30 PageID #:4

the Lion Air clients and Plaintiff Edelson, despite all the while knowing that those funds belong to the Lion Air clients represented by Defendant GK and Plaintiff Edelson PC (itself counsel of record in the Lion Air litigation).

7. Girardi’s and GK’s embezzlement and wrongful transfers to third parties of client funds simply cannot go unchecked. And while the present Complaint is brought in part to enforce Plaintiff’s fee agreement with GK, those fees are not the primary focus of this Complaint; rather, this Complaint also seeks to force GK, a firm that pushes the slogan “We Treat Our Clients Like Family,” to uphold its fiduciary duty to the surviving families of the victims of Lion Air Flight 610 that it agreed to represent.

8. In October 2018, Lion Air Flight 610 crashed, killing all 189 individuals on
board. Litigation against Boeing followed, and nearly a dozen families, including widows and minor children, retained GK to represent them in seeking to recover for the tragic loss of their loved ones. Plaintiff Edelson PC was later brought in as local counsel to assist in the litigation and settlement process. The litigation was individually settled for those clients in early 2020 for a substantial, but confidential, sum. The proceeds of those settlements were allegedly transferred thereafter from Boeing to GK.

9. Yet, on information and belief, Girardi, with cover for his actions provided by his former partner David Lira (“Lira”) and current partner Keith Griffin (“Griffin”), prevented a significant portion of that money, and potentially all of it, from ever reaching the victims of this horrific crash. Girardi has instead kept it for his own purposes and doled it out to his friends and

1

family, all the while evading attempts by the clients to gain access to it.

On information and

1
concurrent with the filing of this Complaint, is also filing a Motion for Rule to Show Cause with

As described herein, Edelson only recently learned of the true nature of this situation, and the Court in In Re: Lion Air Flight JT 610 Crash, No. 18-cv-07686 (N.D. Ill.).

4

Case: 1:20-cv-07115 Document #: 1 Filed: 12/02/20 Page 5 of 30 PageID #:5

belief, the Lion Air settlement proceeds are not the only client funds Girardi has withheld and misappropriated for personal use.

10. In addition to embezzling his clients’ funds, Girardi has also taken massive litigation loans for the stated purposes of funding the successful operation of his law firm (utilizing ongoing cases and his own personal guarantee as collateral). Contrary to that purpose, on information and belief, these loans appear to have been utilized to fund Girardi’s and Jayne’s personal spending habits. Indeed, the timing of new litigation loans have allegedly corresponded with new “loans” from GK to his wife’s company, Defendant EJ Global. As a result of this misuse, millions of dollars in loans have fallen into default, resulting in litigation against Tom, his wife, and his firm.

11. In a Madoff-inspired attempt to protect his own wealth and appease his aggressive and well-heeled lenders, on information and belief, Girardi has in fact used client settlement funds, including money owed to the families of the victims of Lion Air Flight 610, to pay down loans, leaving the clients with little, if anything.

12. Defendant California Attorney Lending is one such lender. On information and belief, it has knowingly received embezzled client money from the Lion Air settlements. Similarly, Defendant Stillwell Madison, a lender that recently had a writ of attachment for $5,847,411 placed against GK for a defaulted loan, and that is presently seeking to recover those funds (and potentially has recovered some already), may also be receiving the proceeds of the

2
13. But these two lenders are hardly alone. Numerous other lenders and creditors

embezzled client money.

2

Importantly, the Defendants named here are only those that are publicly known. On information and belief, others, included here as Does 1-10, have also improperly received Lion Air client settlement funds and will be identified through discovery and the accounting process. This includes other lenders, co-counsel, referring counsel, and vendors, among others.

5

Case: 1:20-cv-07115 Document #: 1 Filed: 12/02/20 Page 6 of 30 PageID #:6

have collected or are seeking to collect from Girardi. Yet, on information and belief, Girardi continues to embezzle funds owed to clients into his own personal and firm bank accounts. In turn, he continues to use that money to fund his and Erika’s lavish lifestyle, release personal guarantees, pay down loans, route the money to friends and family, and satisfy other outstanding debts.

14. By receiving Tom’s money, creditors are accepting ill-gotten gains, which they know or should know was money collected by Girardi through criminal embezzlement of client funds.

15. Secondary to the concerns regarding client funds, Defendants GK, Girardi, Griffin, and Lira have breached enforceable co-counsel agreements with Plaintiff Edelson for the litigation of cases centralized in In Re: Lion Air Flight JT 610 Crash. On information and belief, the money Plaintiff Edelson is owed is also being misappropriated by Defendants, including by Defendant California Attorney Lending. California Attorney Lending has accepted illegally gotten gains it knew or should have known were not the property of GK, but instead belonged to Edelson PC, such that California Attorney Lending tortiously interfered with the fee contract

3

transferred from Boeing that were intended for any GK client (inclusive of any transfers to third parties associated with, or transfers made for the benefit of, GK) related to settlements in In Re: Lion Air Flight JT 610 Crash, and a full accounting of what subsequently became of those funds; (2) the disgorgement of all such funds from any Defendant (or any non-party) who is improperly

3

between Edelson and GK.
16. As such, this lawsuit requests that the Court order (1) an accounting of all funds

For the sake of clarity, Plaintiff Edelson will not accept any attorneys’ fees for its work in In Re: Lion Air Flight JT 610 Crash until a full, court-supervised accounting has been performed that confirms each and every relevant client has first been paid in full.

6

Case: 1:20-cv-07115 Document #: 1 Filed: 12/02/20 Page 7 of 30 PageID #:7

in receipt of those funds; (3) the transfer of those funds to the appropriate client recipients; and, only after those steps have been accomplished (and any other remedial steps the Court deems warranted), (4) the payment of the contractually required attorneys’ fees to Edelson PC. "

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 1
  • Useful 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Defendant, not plaintiff.

 

Gah! That's what I meant. Thank you. (I corrected my post).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I really can't believe that Erika has the nerve to allow herself to be filmed this season. Even worse, I can't believe that Kyle, Dorit, Rinna are standing by her.  This is a shit show.

Really. I’ll look at the preview but might drop it with that - just like rhony. These shows have run their course.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, nexxie said:

Really. I’ll look at the preview but might drop it with that - just like rhony. These shows have run their course.

I'm feeling a bit that way myself.  Or, maybe I'm the one whose run its course. I watched them all since the beginning. I'm down to RHONY and RHOD - they are light and fun for me.  I'll pop into some of the others once in awhile to keep up - but rarely full episodes.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2021 at 6:46 PM, Happy Camper said:

I really can't believe that Erika has the nerve to allow herself to be filmed this season. Even worse, I can't believe that Kyle, Dorit, Rinna are standing by her.  This is a shit show.

"Like" is not enough -- we need an "Amen" button.

Amen, to this, HappyCamper

Edited by Jel
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

https://radaronline.com/p/erika-jayne-husband-thomas-girardi-bankruptcy-mansion-56-million-debt/

"Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star Erika Jayne is demanding she receives a cut from the sale of the $16-million mansion she once shared with her estranged husband Thomas Girardi." 

"According to court documents obtained by Radar, Erika’s lawyer is asking the federal judge presiding over the involuntary bankruptcy filed against Thomas. The “RHOBH” star says the trustee in charge of her soon-to-be ex-husband’s bankruptcy is in the process of putting the Pasadena home she shared with Thomas up for sale." 

"The trustee is set to kick out Thomas and sell the home to the highest bidder. The money from the sale will be used to pay off his many creditors. In newly filed court documents, Erika objects to the trustee’s sale because it doesn’t put any money aside for her." 

"Erika is listed as a co-debtor in the documents. She appears to have been listed on financial documents relating to bills for American Express, City National Bank, various law firms, and their Wilshire County Club membership. The “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star has remained quiet amid the legal drama."

" Erika has yet to respond to the embezzlement allegations. The embezzlement lawsuit is still pending in federal court."

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 7

Share this post


Link to post

When’s the premiere of Erika’s spinoff - The Real Scumbags of Beverly Hills Pasadena?

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

You know let's just pretend she had no idea about the embezzlement et al.  How in the world do you go on IG and basically act like none of this is happening.  The money used to fund her was not victimless - it is out of the pockets of SUFFERING people.  How she can sit and act like there is nothing wrong makes me want to vomit - and how those "ladies" are standing by her explain their true character - or lack thereof.

  • Like 20
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Slakkie said:

How in the world do you go on IG and basically act like none of this is happening.

This is how:

Zero, zero, zero, done

How many fucks do I give?
How many fucks do I give?
None, not one, zero, zero, zero, done

How many fucks do I give?
How many fucks do I give?
None, not one, zero, zero, zero, done

Zero, zero, zero, done

Elevator, elevator gettin' me high
Tryin' to hit my level but ya can't even try
Diamonds & Chardonnay
See you next Tuesday

Number ones, yeah, number ones
Yeah I got eight
So everyone, yeah, everyone
Can suck on my dick

You play Monopoly, I play the real thing

Ten, nine, eight, seven
Six, five, four, three, two
One, none

How many fucks do I give?
How many fucks do I give?
None, not one, zero, zero, zero, done

How many fucks do I give?
How many fucks do I give?
None, not one, zero, zero, zero, done

Zero, zero, zero, done

Collagen, yeah, collagen
Ain't signin' no checks
Keep on runnin', keep on runnin'
Runnin' them lips
What'd you just say my friend?
Money's making me deaf

Alligator, alligator
Drippin' in storms
Eighteen karat, eighteen karat
Up in my bones
Best things in life are free
So I'll keep on spending

I-I-I totally-ly sleeping these fools
No lie-lie, I-I-I sleepin' these fools

Ten, nine, eight, seven
Six, five, four, three, two
One, none

How many fucks do I give?
How many fucks do I give?
None, not one, zero, zero, zero, done

How many fucks do I give?
How many fucks do I give?
None, not one, zero, zero, zero, done

Zero, zero, zero, done

Zero, zero, zero, done

Ten, nine, eight, seven
Six, five, four, three, two
One, none

Let's not forget, well Tom will not ever forget,  It's EXXPEN$IVE TO BE ERIKA JAYNE.

But please be kind, you don't know what she goes through at night.

 

download.jpg

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2021 at 9:03 AM, SweetieDarling said:

My mother has dementia, and we've noticed whenever she has a sudden, significant decline in cognitive function, becomes belligerent, or stops eating, it's because she has a UTI. It sounds like a crazy correlation, but as soon as she starts the antibiotics, she improves.

My mom has dementia too. I just spent 3 months caretaking for her and my father who had a whole host of issues recently.  I learned quite a bit.

According to my parents' doctor...as people age, their nerve endings die.  Younger people with UTI's would experience physical symptoms. With seniors, some may not feel any symptoms at all.  The doctor said the only outward symptoms are behavioral, e.g. mood swings, hallucinations, etc.

My parents have the at-home pee-on-a-stick things to help out a bit, but doctors say they aren't that accurate. Watching changes in behaviour is what you want to do.

UTI's can become deadly when not treated. One of the issues my dad has was heart failure. This was followed shortly by a bout of sepsis. We pieced things back to the beginning and feel that an undiagnosed UTI led to the heart failure. Then, the hospital ordered a urine analysis but discharged him before running the test by accident (they rush patients out due to Covid).  About 5 days later, he was hospitalized with sepsis and kidney issues.  All of this was due, in our opionion, to an untreated UTI.

UTI's are dangerous and can lead to death.

They are HARD to detect with seniors, and because symptoms are psychological, i.e. mood swings, hallucinations, etc., it's hard for patients to pick up on, since they don't know they're behaviour is irrational or off.

Dicey stuff and hard to manage.

 

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 8
  • Useful 9
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/31/2021 at 7:57 AM, nexxie said:

When’s the premiere of Erika’s spinoff - The Real Scumbags of Beverly Hills Pasadena?

If she ends up on the street, Kyle and Kim can bring back "Beverly Hills Bums" and give her a makeover! 😄 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 17

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2021 at 6:22 AM, Jel said:

Is that for real? And if so, does it only apply to people with dementia? does it affect thinking and judgment too?

 

Yes, my 82-year-old mom had physical deterioration from Parkinson's but her mind was still fine aside from a few hallucinations, which she would quickly figure out weren't real. I'm about five hours away from where she lived, and she'd call and tell me because she thought some of the things she'd imagined she'd seen were funny. However, one day her legs completely stopped working and she collapsed on her kitchen floor where she lay for a couple of hours until her caregiver came to start her shift. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital and diagnosed with a UTI and was in the hospital for three weeks...and never went home. Antibiotics did not work and her lucidity diminished rapidly by the second week and she would curse out the nurses and tried to bite one, was convinced she was being held there against her will and begged me to call the police, had flashes of anger just in mundane conversations with me (I got there the day after she went into the hospital). It's a small town so the nurses all knew and liked her, especially since she was a retired RN, and this time she was completely different from all the other times she'd end up in the ER. At the end of the second week she was refusing food and drink because she thought it might be poisoned and it was also apparent that she was choosing to die. I know she had thought about it and, sad to say, there were times neither of us wanted to be alive but knew how much pain it would cause the other person if one of us took our life. But she was in a lot of physical agony and often depressed. My biggest fear in life was losing her but I realized it wasn't fair and told her--coincidentally less than two months before--that if it got to be too much I would understand. Most of all, it had become obvious that year that she was suffering and I did not want that. She had told me that there were a couple of times she'd thought about talking about end-of-life measures with her doctor. Sorry, I'm rambling. It's been less than two years. She lasted most of that third week, which was unexpected. Medical staff had thought it would only take two or three days. Anyway, I had NO idea, and I don't think a lot of people do about what a UTI can do to an elderly person and yes it happens that fast where dementia suddenly hits. So horrible! I was so angry after she died and when I went back to the house with my aunt and one of my mom's friends, I could hear them making the phone calls to let people know. After a few, "Yes, at least she's not suffering anymore and she had a great life" I got up from where I was trying to rest and asked them to please make the calls somewhere else because I had to be completely selfless for three weeks so as not to put any emotional burden on my mom and told them that now I get to be selfish and pissed OFF and didn't need to listen to that!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Like 3
  • Sad 17

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/1/2021 at 8:24 AM, pasdetrois said:

She's a sociopath.

Haven't read it all yet but sounds like she's not that innocent in all of this (as most of us have suspected all along).

https://realityblurb.com/2021/04/06/report-rhobh-erika-jayne-had-direct-involvement-in-thomas-borrowing-which-puts-her-assets-in-jeopardy-plus-16-million-pasadena-home-to-be-listed-for-much-lowe/

Do Kyle, Rinna, and Dorit really want to back this horse next season?

The picture in the first comment says it all too. She's nothing but TRASH.

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Apologies for unloading. I've been fatigued and queasy since getting my first vaccine dose on Saturday and even though I'm 57, when I'm sick I just want to whine to my mom and am more emotional!

On topic: I still have Erika's book on my Kindle. Couldn't wait to read it and I think I got it the day it came out. Haven't read it since but in light of everything I probably should. See if there are any inadvertent clues in there!

 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Apologies for unloading. I've been fatigued and queasy since getting my first vaccine dose on Saturday and even though I'm 57, when I'm sick I just want to whine to my mom and am more emotional!

I appreciate you and @Jextella sharing your experiences   - thank you both for sharing that. 

Edited by film noire
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

"In connection with an opposition to [Erika Jayne]’s request to get a part of the $600,000 exemption from Tom Girardi’s house, a lender has provided damaging signatures showing her direct involvement in the borrowing by [Tom] and this will become powerful evidence against her in any future case if she tries to claim she didn’t know what was going on,”

“She may claim she didn’t know Tom was broke or borrowing a lot of money but this negates any innocent housewife defense.”

A snarky article. "Speaking of Erika, I love how on the show she talks about how she has two private jets she flies everywhere. Funny, because I sat across from her on an American Airlines flight a few years back (along with her “glam squad” that she takes everywhere)… I guess both of her jets were in for maintenance that day?"

 https://onemileatatime.com/lawyer-embezzled-money-737-max-crash-victims/

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/6/2021 at 6:22 PM, Scout Finch said:

Yes, my 82-year-old mom had physical deterioration from Parkinson's but her mind was still fine aside from a few hallucinations, which she would quickly figure out weren't real. I'm about five hours away from where she lived, and she'd call and tell me because she thought some of the things she'd imagined she'd seen were funny. However, one day her legs completely stopped working and she collapsed on her kitchen floor where she lay for a couple of hours until her caregiver came to start her shift. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital and diagnosed with a UTI and was in the hospital for three weeks...and never went home. Antibiotics did not work and her lucidity diminished rapidly by the second week and she would curse out the nurses and tried to bite one, was convinced she was being held there against her will and begged me to call the police, had flashes of anger just in mundane conversations with me (I got there the day after she went into the hospital). It's a small town so the nurses all knew and liked her, especially since she was a retired RN, and this time she was completely different from all the other times she'd end up in the ER. At the end of the second week she was refusing food and drink because she thought it might be poisoned and it was also apparent that she was choosing to die. I know she had thought about it and, sad to say, there were times neither of us wanted to be alive but knew how much pain it would cause the other person if one of us took our life. But she was in a lot of physical agony and often depressed. My biggest fear in life was losing her but I realized it wasn't fair and told her--coincidentally less than two months before--that if it got to be too much I would understand. Most of all, it had become obvious that year that she was suffering and I did not want that. She had told me that there were a couple of times she'd thought about talking about end-of-life measures with her doctor. Sorry, I'm rambling. It's been less than two years. She lasted most of that third week, which was unexpected. Medical staff had thought it would only take two or three days. Anyway, I had NO idea, and I don't think a lot of people do about what a UTI can do to an elderly person and yes it happens that fast where dementia suddenly hits. So horrible! I was so angry after she died and when I went back to the house with my aunt and one of my mom's friends, I could hear them making the phone calls to let people know. After a few, "Yes, at least she's not suffering anymore and she had a great life" I got up from where I was trying to rest and asked them to please make the calls somewhere else because I had to be completely selfless for three weeks so as not to put any emotional burden on my mom and told them that now I get to be selfish and pissed OFF and didn't need to listen to that!

I'm so sorry for your loss, Scout Finch. Thank you for sharing your story; you never know who it will help, when you're telling it, but I'm sure someone will benefit from having that new knowledge going forward.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/8/2021 at 5:05 PM, Jel said:

I'm so sorry for your loss, Scout Finch. Thank you for sharing your story; you never know who it will help, when you're telling it, but I'm sure someone will benefit from having that new knowledge going forward.

That someone might be me!  My grandmother is 95 years old, and while she's in fantastic shape mentally and physically (she just stopped FARMING last year), something like a UTI could absolutely kill her if it went untreated!  She has a pacemaker and has had kidney failure for years now (she tracks her sodium like a serial killer so that's why she hasn't had dialysis, etc), so a UTI could totally trigger other parts of her body and end badly.  I had no idea that was such a problem in the elderly, and I'm glad I know now!!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

How not fun is this going to be, to watch this chick lie for a season?

"When Garcelle Beauvais pressed Jayne by saying, “With any of the lawsuits, did you have a heads up? Is that why you got divorced?,” Jayne angrily responded, “No, I did not.”

Erika Jayne breaks silence on divorce, legal drama in ‘RHOBH’ trailer

https://pagesix.com/2021/04/12/rhobh-cast-grills-erika-jayne-in-season-11-trailer/

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

How not fun is this going to be, to watch this chick lie for a season?

ITA.  I am not a lawyer but my schadenfreude is knowing she will do time. Theresa didn't get away with "not knowing" and I actually think Erika knew more and was more involved than Theresa.  It may take a year or two but she is going away.  

I sort of wonder where the Bravo line is; VPR folks get fired for racism (and I have zero problem with that) and yet she and her husband have ripped off grieving family members whose loved ones died in a terrible plane accident.  She is still on. *Scratching head*

ETA:  I would actually welcome some sort of statement acknowledging Erika and her husband have not yet been charged with crimes so they remain on the show.  I still can't quite figure out the VPR firings since they were not charged with anything (once again, I don't disagree with the removals) but I don't think Stassi and Kristen were shown on the show calling the police and reporting a crime a co-worker allegedly committed.  

I get frustrated with standards I don't understand.

Edited by albarino
  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, albarino said:

ITA.  I am not a lawyer but my schadenfreude is knowing she will do time. Theresa didn't get away with "not knowing" and I actually think Erika knew more and was more involved than Theresa.  It may take a year or two but she is going away.  

I sort of wonder where the Bravo line is; VPR folks get fired for racism (and I have zero problem with that) and yet she and her husband have ripped off grieving family members whose loved ones died in a terrible plane accident.  She is still on. *Scratching head*

ETA:  I would actually welcome some sort of statement acknowledging Erika and her husband have not yet been charged with crimes so they remain on the show.  I still can't quite figure out the VPR firings since they were not charged with anything (once again, I don't disagree with the removals) but I don't think Stassi and Kristen were shown on the show calling the police and reporting a crime a co-worker allegedly committed.  

I get frustrated with standards I don't understand.

Same here! I detest racism and recently cut a racist out of my life once and for all. I don’t watch VPR, but LeeAnne on Dallas was fired due to racism. I hated stuff she said her last season, but let’s be honest. She’s hardly the most dangerous, morally reprehensible cast member on these shows! Yes racism is disgusting, but someone who cons people out of money is okay Bravo? 🤔 I think the women who spread malicious gossip can also really hurt people more than the racists who’ve gotten in trouble. 

  • Like 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Erika Jayne is reportedly on the verge of being sued.

"  . . .the trustee overseeing the assets of estranged husband, Thomas Girardi, is in the process of obtaining counsel against her."

“Thomas Girardi’s Trustee [Jason Rund] is obtaining special counsel to sue [Erika Jayne],” 

“The proposed special counsel is a defendant in lawsuit by the Girardi Keese Trustee Elissa Miller. There may be a conflict and the two Trustee’s may not be working in tandem on this.”

“This means that there is credible information that Erika Jayne has received [money] from Tom Girardi and may have transferred it to others,” he continued. “She is refusing to give it back. It is 33%/45% split depending on the stage of the case.”

https://www.eaglesvine.com/tv/tom-girardis-trustee-gets-counsel-to-sue-erika-jayne-as-rhobh-star-is-accused-of-receiving-and-hiding-money/190127/

  • Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'd love to hear about the $20m that was transferred from Girardi Keese to Erika's business account. Was that a gift? 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/15/2021 at 5:49 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

I'd love to hear about the $20m that was transferred from Girardi Keese to Erika's business account. Was that a gift? 

What little documentation exists for this $20 million transfer of funds seems to unequivocally state that it was a loan, despite the clear defects in those "loan" documents--like the absence of any terms, conditions, or repayment provisions.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

What is interesting is the lawsuits against Tom's law firm have been gossiped about for years and I know Andy brought them up on a couple of reunions so I find it hard to believe when she says she had no idea - I mean there have been settlements and you would think as an officer of the company she would have at least looked into it.

 

I think she is as dirty as anyone and her attitude is not helping.  

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, PDXlulu said:

I have always found the women of BH to be more cut throat than the other franchises.  Erika is certainly no exception.  They are flat out meaner--whether it was the Richards sisters stealing crutches or the frequent accusations of drug use, marital infidelity or bad acting, this franchise has never felt as organic as some of the others.  The c&^%y necklace seemed a lot less real than Erika eating dessert alone in a restaurant because her husband stood her up.

While Andy may hope that this drama will draw in new viewers I suspect it is the opposite.  People don't want to see people living on money stolen from widows and orphans.  Even if Erika really didn't know before the bankruptcy she certainly isn't working to make it right.  

And that's not a story that many want to see unless there is some kind of justice in the end.

Agreed - drama is one thing but building a lifestyle off of airplane victims, burn victims and seniors (SLC) is not cool.  I mean Theresa and her stupidity is one thing but stealing from VICTIMS is disgusting.  I think the only reason most of these women are keeping their mouths shut is because they have some shady crap too.  But Erika is vile.  Even if she had no clue to be parading around as she is makes me want to puke.  

She is a disgusting vile narcissist.  And I do not plan to watch because the only way to get these producers to change things is ratings.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

I'm curious if the women who are all about "the truth" when it came to Denise and LVP will be just as concerned about the truth with Erika. Even if what they wanted Denise and LVP to cop to were true, there was no stealing/criminality. Also, did we ever find out if Mauricio was confirmed shady too?

  • Like 19
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

If no one comes for Erika this season I am going to be very disappointed. If some of the ladies do they will be my favorites. I really hope the show doesn't try to spin this as if Erika is a victim in it all, but I would not be surprised if they do. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

If no one comes for Erika this season I am going to be very disappointed. If some of the ladies do they will be my favorites. I really hope the show doesn't try to spin this as if Erika is a victim in it all, but I would not be surprised if they do. 

In the trailer, Sutton has a go, and Erika gets VERY defensive. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Good thing Erika got that Broadway experience just in time - she’s gonna need some acting chops to convince people she’s Little Miss Innocent. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

It just keeps coming for Mr. and Mrs. Scumbag. Jeez, ripping off a burn victim! I don’t believe for one minute Erika didn’t know what was going on - imo the divorce and his medical issues are just their latest cons.

https://radaronline.com/p/erika-jayne-real-housewives-beverly-hills-husband-divorce-bankruptcy/

In newly filed court documents, Ruigomez says he is owed $11.5 million and it should not be discharged in Chapter 7. 

Ruigomez explains Girardi and his firm Girardi Keese represented him in a personal injury lawsuit against Pacific Gas and Electric Company. 

In September 2010, a San Bruno gas pipeline exploded causing injuries to several people in the area. Ruigomez suffered burns over 90 percent of his body. His girlfriend Jessica Morales died in the explosion. 

PG&E agreed to pay $11 million to settle the lawsuit. However, Ruigomez says Girardi has failed to pay him the full amount they won in court. 

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/19/2021 at 9:31 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

In the trailer, Sutton has a go, and Erika gets VERY defensive. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

I saw a snippet on "Overserved" last night during commercials, where Miss High and Mighty snots "you do that to me and I'll come after you!"  Is that Kathy Hilton she's talking to?  

You aren't going to "come after" anyone, you pathetic harpy.   You haven't the money or the chops - you're all fizz and no gin at this point.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/29/2021 at 4:07 PM, Carolina Girl said:

I saw a snippet on "Overserved" last night during commercials, where Miss High and Mighty snots "you do that to me and I'll come after you!"  Is that Kathy Hilton she's talking to?  

You aren't going to "come after" anyone, you pathetic harpy.   You haven't the money or the chops - you're all fizz and no gin at this point.

I think it was Sutton.  Erika looks like she is going to  bite her!  It was also very threatening.

  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I think it was Sutton.  Erika looks like she is going to  bite her!  It was also very threatening.

Yes, it was Sutton. I think I commented about it on the media thread when the trailer was released.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/4/2021 at 2:01 PM, Natalie68 said:

I think it was Sutton.  Erika looks like she is going to  bite her!  It was also very threatening.

Ah, thanks.  I didn't watch last season.  I thought it was Kathy that was recoiling.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Someone please tell her Desperate Housewives has already been done.

42998360-0-image-a-1_1621014909498.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is her hair that long in case she has to rappel out of jail? 

  • Laugh 19

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size