Type keyword(s) to search

Turn in the Media

(edited)

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/turn-halt-and-catch-fire-futures-assessed-amc-chief-1201517214/

First comments AMC has made about the show's future...pretty cryptic, but not particularly promising.

eta:  I know it's just part of the career, but it must be so frustrating for actors (and writers, crew, etc.) to wait around for decisions like this, perhaps missing opportunities and turning down roles, while the suits slog it out. 

Edited by Kabota

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/turn-halt-and-catch-fire-futures-assessed-amc-chief-1201517214/

First comments AMC has made about the show's future...pretty cryptic, but not particularly promising.

Yeah, that's not looking good. The move to Monday really killed it. The first season - which aired on Sunday 9:00 pm once The Walking Dead was over - was much better in ratings, but this season, Mad Men took it's place instead after WD, hence the Monday move. Now that Mad Men is over, AMC should consider putting it back on Sunday. If it's renewed.

But it's chances look better than Halt and Catch Fire. HaCF was a 0.1 demo with 0.49 million viewers. The S2 finale for Turn was a 0.3 demo, with 0.93 million viewers, so you never know. *crossfingers*

Not sure I'd tune in next year if it returns unless they drop Abe as the lead interest. If they push Caleb I think they'd get more viewers.

Yes, please. I just can't stand when Abe is on my screen. He is the worst spy, always getting caught. I agree with you, bring on more Caleb!

Season 3 is a go!

I can't link the article because I'm at the gym and I'm going to fall off the eliptical with my shock and excitement.

I hope Abe sits in that cellar with Rogers the whole season.

Yay!

• Love 1

I want the focus to be on Caleb and Hewlet with a side of Simcoe twirling his mustache.. Abe can fade into the woodwork and become a supporting character.

Pleasantly surprised! I hope TPTB are reading this forum (for some ideas on the show's direction in S3)!

I'm pleasantly surprised as well, despite my frustration with the second half of the season. Does anyone here tweet with them? Or is that only the suck ups who tell them everything is awesome? Lol.

That's great news!   Hoping season 3 is even better than season 2. 

Well the last five episodes ---- the first five episodes of season two were quite good and lulled me into believing that the powers-that-be righted the ship ....... and the mess of the second half happened.

Still, happy about the decision - anything that keeps Jamie Bell (I really do wish they would give the man something decent) and Seth Numrich on my television is a good thing.

• Love 3
(edited)

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/25/turn-washingtons-spies-premiere-date-final-season/

Interview with Craig Silverstein, regarding plot points for the upcoming final season which starts Saturday, June 17. Interesting that they were hoping for a 12-16 show order to finish up, but made due with the usual 10. First look photos are up on the AMC official site, and a 30 second teaser trailer is airing on AMC, as well.

Edited by Kabota
(edited)

While I appreciate getting a final season for TURN,  airing the previous episodes in the two-hour block between 3:00 - 5:00 am on Sunday mornings doesn't exactly build anticipation for the show.  Would love to see a marathon on that Saturday of its return.

Edited by Razzberry
  • Love 2
(edited)

Season 4 Preview

An exclusive for Den of Geek. VERY SPOILERY. In fact, TURN writer/producer, LaToya Morgan, was pretty ticked on twitter that they had revealed "so many ridiculous & unnecessary spoilers." So view at your own risk.

The clip is listed as an exclusive sneak peak at episode 1, so I wonder if they actually meant to release a sneak peak, but sent along the wrong clip. 

Edited by Kabota

I'm trying to figure out exactly what happened? He touched her butt and told a dirty joke?   And that constitutes sexual assault?

My intention is not to offend anybody, but I'm going to ask because I honestly don't know.  Is this just another actress jumping on the bandwagon to try and make a name for herself?      There's not enough detail here to determine if she actually was assaulted.  He's a man in his 90s in a wheelchair and his wife was right next to him.

Again, don't want to offend, but I saw a lot of "me too" on FB.  I reached out to one of my good friends and told her I was sorry.  She told me that when she was a young accountant at a big firm, at the end of a long day during tax season,  her supervisor gave her a quick normal hug goodnight and thanked her for her effort.  Then he asked her out.  She said no.  He said ok and they parted.  Although she has no evidence, she feels this resulted in her not getting good assignments.  She never talked to anyone about it.  She told me now that she feels like she was a victim of sexual harassment and should have sued the firm.  So this is a "me too"?  A man can't ask a woman out anymore without being accused of sexual harrassment?  He apparently asked her just that once and never again.

I'm curious if we are going to hear more from Heather Lind.  

Edited by blackwing
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I agree @blackwing.  This feels like a publicity grab.  While I would never try to discredit someone who felt assaulted, this one seems a stretch to me.   It isn't right to be sexually assaulted, but we need to be careful before accusing someone of sexual assault.  

Why bring it up now? GHW Bush is in his 90s.

Blame the victim?   Really?   Does Bush get a pass because he's just another "dirty old man?"  This kind of assault is inappropriate regardless of age.   

A second actress has now come forward accusing Bush of the same behavior.   This one even repeated the joke Bush told as he grabbed her ass and described how Barbara laughed off the incident.

George H.W. Bush offers a second apology. Two actresses have accused him of groping.

Edited by millennium
15 hours ago, blackwing said:

Again, don't want to offend, but I saw a lot of "me too" on FB.  I reached out to one of my good friends and told her I was sorry.  She told me that when she was a young accountant at a big firm, at the end of a long day during tax season,  her supervisor gave her a quick normal hug goodnight and thanked her for her effort.  Then he asked her out.  She said no.  He said ok and they parted.  Although she has no evidence, she feels this resulted in her not getting good assignments.  She never talked to anyone about it.  She told me now that she feels like she was a victim of sexual harassment and should have sued the firm.  So this is a "me too"?  A man can't ask a woman out anymore without being accused of sexual harrassment?  He apparently asked her just that once and never again.

When its a supervisor asking out a worker under him for a date, that's crossing a line (the hug is ify, you don't see men hugging each other).  Even with co-workers, there could be issues. A lot of work places have rules in place against dating and relationships between co-workers because it can cause a lot of problems, especially when the relationship doesn't work out.  The company is trying to protect itself against a sexual harrasment suit.  

As for GWB and Anna, I don't care how old the man is, you keep your hands off a woman's butt!