Type keyword(s) to search

Kardashians in the Media

• Start Topic

That Forbes article cites the financials not lining up since 2016 and mentions a trust Kris claimed was for the benefit of minor Kylie but was created after she was an adult. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I can't imagine the lawyers and accountants at the latter didn't go over the numbers with a fine toothed comb, especially considering the amount of money they were about to fork over for the business. 

You'd think so, but if they had the correct numbers all along then the $1.2B valuation was too high. Which at best makes them look like idiots and at worst might open *them* up to criminal charges, since unlike Kylie Cosmetics, they're a publicly traded company and have to comply with SEC regulations. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

You'd think so, but if they had the correct numbers all along then the $1.2B valuation was too high. Which at best makes them look like idiots and at worst might open *them* up to criminal charges, since unlike Kylie Cosmetics, they're a publicly traded company and have to comply with SEC regulations. 

The Coty deal had the fine print about the true value of the company.   That's how this all came out.   I agree with the poster above that Kris faked the numbers for Forbes, but filed legit tax returns with the IRS.   I doubt anyone is going to prosecute over tax returns that were not actually submitted.

Forbes bears some of the blame here.   This is not the first person who faked their numbers to get on the List.   If Forbes didn't make it seem it was so prestigious to be on the List people wouldn't lie to get on it.   Or they need to get better vetters for their List.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I’m sure this is all BS but I hope she and Kris get nervous!

Well, it is the Daily Fail lol

I mean, "could be prosecuted" is a long way from actually being prosecuted...though who knows, guess we will have to wait and see.

You know if it did go through, Kris would do her best to monetize the situation by building a spin-off around it all, with Kim possibly being legal co-counsel.

If Forbes didn't make it seem it was so prestigious to be on the List people wouldn't lie to get on it.   Or they need to get better vetters for their List.  

Better vetters for sure, your whole raison d'etre is that you are a business magazine, ffs.

At the end of the day, though, this isn't the first time someone has overpaid for a Kardashian product, and most likely won't be the last time as well.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Forbes bears some of the blame here.   This is not the first person who faked their numbers to get on the List.   If Forbes didn't make it seem it was so prestigious to be on the List people wouldn't lie to get on it.   Or they need to get better vetters for their List.  

You know what is really hilarious here? I finally read the Forbes article yesterday and how they describe how this all started. Right after Kim landed her first cover of Forbes then Kylie's PR started a campaign behind closed doors to get her a cover next. In true Kris Jenner fashion it all started with a competition of sorts. Kim gets a Forbes cover?! Shit lets make Kylie a billionaire and really take things higher!

• Love 7

I blame Kris and Forbes equally (Kylie is too dumb to be involved in any of this). I wouldn't put it past Kris to forge numbers for Forbes while keeping it all legit for the IRS, to avoid "real" trouble. Forbes is equally as stupid for not fact checking all of it better. To act all indignant and high and mighty about it now makes them look ridiculous. 

• Love 11

The delicious bite is that it's not just about them and Forbes. Coty is also a part of the mix, even if for nothing more than the embarrassment factor.

It will be interesting to see if the Coty angle comes more prominently into play. Is it possible that there were three sets of books?

Or am I misreading the story?

• Love 2
On 5/30/2020 at 4:20 PM, suomi said:

The delicious bite is that it's not just about them and Forbes. Coty is also a part of the mix, even if for nothing more than the embarrassment factor.

It will be interesting to see if the Coty angle comes more prominently into play. Is it possible that there were three sets of books?

Or am I misreading the story?

And now Coty wants to go into business with Kim. After what happened with Kylie, as a legit business, I would be very cautious of working with any of the Kardashians. 

• Love 5

Has anyone seen any recent stories released by a former K friend? I heard a bit about some claim this morning on GMA and then they never did the story. I’m not sure what happened. I haven’t been able to find it anywhere. There was a quick picture or video of a female, who might have been an insider a couple of years ago, but they had a falling out. Any ideas?

Why Kim Kardashian and Her Sisters ''Grew Apart'' From Larsa Pippen

According to our insider, "The friendship just naturally grew apart over a period of time because life happens. Kim is focused on matters at home—getting Kanye [West] healthy, her four young kids, law school and juggling her businesses."

"They are just in a different place in their lives and are not as close as they used to be, but have no ill feelings at all and still stay in touch," adds the source. 

It's nice to know that Kris can still plant a story. I wonder what the truth is?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Exactly. Kanye wasn't short but sweet with any other tweets this week. Quite the opposite. Why did he tweet the word Larsa and then delete it? And why did she and all the Ks recently stop following each other on SM?

“It's nice to know that Kris can still plant a story”

She could teach a course about it at Harvard. Hey, there’s an idea for a new spin-off...

• LOL 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Tristan! That was the rumor months ago. I believed it then and still believe it.

I remember hearing that about Jordyn Woods awhile back and they tossed her overboard. Now, because of Kanye's Larsa tweet a couple days ago... but why would he tweet about Khloe's situation when his beef is with Kim?

Hmm, this bunch is a scandal a minute lately.

I googled and this is everywhere today:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/jordyn-woods-likes-shady-tweet-that-accuses-larsa-pippen-of-having-an-affair-with-tristan-thompson.html/

Edited by suomi
typo
19 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Tristan! That was the rumor months ago. I believed it then and still believe it.

Damn, I hadn't heard that. DailyFail has pictures of Khloe and Tristan filming today. Khloe is even more desperate and pathetic than I previously imagined. Wow.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Damn, I hadn't heard that. DailyFail has pictures of Khloe and Tristan filming today. Khloe is even more desperate and pathetic than I previously imagined. Wow.

She wants baby#2 by Tristan.  Khloe is setting up herself for more pain in the future when Tristan breaks her heart by cheating on her with another woman...

• Love 2

Because of True she already has dibs on staying in his life after he leaves and with a second kid, so much the better. She can lord it over the next fling and the next fling and...

Who's to say a second kid is the limit?

• Love 5

Larsa is pretty much a female Tristan anyway. Such a classy woman. This is the same woman who had an affair (with Future, TWICE) then had the audacity to blame her then husband by saying she needed to cheat since he was never around. The nerve of him to go out playing basketball and earning that massive paycheck she loved to spend.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GaT said:

Why Kim Kardashian and Her Sisters ''Grew Apart'' From Larsa Pippen

It's nice to know that Kris can still plant a story. I wonder what the truth is?

The family doesn’t like other people ‘trying to come up by using their connection to the K’s’. 
They were pissed that  Caitlyn did it and also Brody and probably Jordyn and there have been comments over the years that Khloe has issues with Malika using their friendship.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, iwasish said:

The family doesn’t like other people ‘trying to come up by using their connection to the K’s’. 
They were pissed that  Caitlyn did it and also Brody and probably Jordyn and there have been comments over the years that Khloe has issues with Malika using their friendship.

HA!! Kim and Kylie are queens of the come up!! THAT’s why they don’t like it 😒

• Love 7

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West in Tropical Island Fortress to Avoid Paparazzi

The Kardashians are famously photographed everywhere they go, but on this trip, it's designed specifically so there will be NO PHOTOS.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ, the fam is staying in what is described as a "fortress" ... an estate that is so remote it's virtually impossible for trespassers to get close.

I guess they're saving it all for the show.

• Useful 2
47 minutes ago, suomi said:

There would be weeping and wailing, and gnashing of teeth and rending of garments.

That's just Kanye "designing" Yeezy 8. Especially the rending part. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 8/6/2020 at 1:36 AM, Hiyo said:

But is it so remote that there won't be wifi for Kim to post selfies?

Wait a minute! If the rate at which she post selfies SLOWS, even a LITTLE, I cannot go on!! What's she eating? What's she wearing? What are the kids doing (every minute)? How's Kanye (every 12 hours)?

She wouldn't, ever, deny me the selfies that are my reason for living by going somewhere without wifi. Would she???

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, GaT said:

Kim is always front & center. I wonder whose idea that is?

Kim was always the center of attention and reason for the show - and her cut probably shows it. (She has kind of a naked power, haha) But the new photo makes it pretty clear that Khloe is #2 on this project.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Kim was always the center of attention and reason for the show - and her cut probably shows it. (She has kind of a naked power, haha) But the new photo makes it pretty clear that Khloe is #2 on this project.

Kourtney looks like she's struggling to just get in the picture. 😀

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, GaT said:

Kourtney looks like she's struggling to just get in the picture. 😀

Ironic for someone who claims she quit the show..oh wait! I guess she didn't after all since she's heavily featured in the video preview as well. Seriously wtf? She said as late as like a month ago she was done filming and was glad to be done with that toxic work environment and to not expect her to return. Why lie? 

• Love 1

Kim is always front & center. I wonder whose idea that is?

No idea, but I hope whoever had to photoshop that pic wasn't paid overtime. Especially for the work done on Kris, that looks like her head on someone else's body.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, skipnjump said:

Also interesting how Khloe and Kylie are hiding their stomachs and Kendall just looks off to the side and not part of the gang.

Seems like both Kourtney and Kendall find the show pretty distasteful. People think they do it for the money, but imo they have agreed to remain part of the cast in a limited way to get their mother and sisters off their backs. (They have plenty of  investments at this point.)

• Love 3

After what will be 14 years, 20 seasons, hundreds of episodes and numerous spin-off shows, we are beyond grateful to all of you who’ve watched us for all of these years – through the good times, the bad times, the happiness, the tears, and the many relationships and children. We’ll forever cherish the wonderful memories and countless people we’ve met along the way.

Thank you to the thousands of individuals and businesses that have been a part of this experience and, most importantly, a very special thank you to Ryan Seacrest for believing in us, E! for being our partner, and our production team at Bunim/Murray, who’ve spent countless hours documenting our lives.”

It's the end y'all...

https://www.lovebscott.com/kim-kardashian-announces-keeping-kardashians-will-end-season-20-photo

• Love 6