Type keyword(s) to search

Kardashians in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

The met gala is tonight, grab your popcorn and get ready for this year's kardashian-jenners fashion failures.

I've seen a few celebrity met gala looks and so far I'm liking them, they're colorful and fun.

edit to add I just saw Kim's insta story of her outfit for tonight's met gala and this is new even for her like I have no words for what I just saw just wait till you see it. 

Edited by carolinagirl81
  • Love 2

No one is going to talk about Kim's look because it's actually boring. Ex: Katy Perry is dressed as a chandelier. There are too many OTT getups (some nice and interesting, some ugly) Kim (and Kanye in his Sears Dickies) will fade in the background.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Kim's outfit in video she's got little crystals dripping off of her and she says in the instant video clip It's like she's walking out of the ocean dripping wet *eye roll* 

I actually like everybody else's outfits Kris looks age appropriate, and Kendall and Kylie both look young and fresh. I like the colors of the young Jenner ladies dresses a lot.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, suomi said:

96 photos in this gallery and, yay, it's not a slide show.

Kim and Kanye are #20; Kylie is #31; Kris is #91.

All of their outfits suck. 

1 minute ago, BrindaWalsh said:

We officially live in Panem and the Met Gala is the Capitol.

Except for Kris who is dressed up like Donna Martin.

What did poor Donna Martin do to get insulted like that?

• LOL 3

Looks like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Cardi B stole the show.   I’ve even seen more posts of OBJ’s outfit, but that may be because of the pages I follow.  Either way, I do believe the K’s were outdone. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

I love this tweet

Seriously, is it just me or did she color her legs below the knee to match her dress? And how is this "camp"?

rs_634x1024-190506171449-634-2019-met-ga

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Kim continues to look more plastic each day. She’s like an old Barbie stored in the garage that the heat has effected in a bad, bad way. And her boobs seem to be growing upward in some weird crawl to get away. They almost touch her collar bones. Eventually they’ll be shoulder pads  

Someone forgot to tell Kanye they were going out and he still had on his work clothes. Dickies jacket and work boots for the Met gala? Okay then. 

Now that I’ve read the comment about Kris as Donna Martin I can’t unsee it. Kris’ man accessory sure had on the man jewelry. 

Kylie and Kendall look good for what they’re doing. Travis looks like he’s trying. That’s all I got. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, suomi said:

96 photos in this gallery and, yay, it's not a slide show.

Kim and Kanye are #20; Kylie is #31; Kris is #91.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/photos/2019/05/met-gala-2019-red-carpet-looks

Changes in the gallery: there are 104 photos now. Kim and Kanye moved down to #28; Kylie down to #39; Kris down to #99. 

Kendall did not appear in the first gallery, now she is #14. 

Edited by suomi
typo
9 hours ago, GaT said:

I love this tweet

Seriously, is it just me or did she color her legs below the knee to match her dress? And how is this "camp"?

rs_634x1024-190506171449-634-2019-met-ga

Despite it not fitting the theme of "camp" -- a lot of the outfits were subjective as to whether they were camp -- and her ridiculous body shape (that E kept going on about being fabulous - barf), I actually don't hate the dress and the concept behind it. I watched E's coverage of the entire runway. The concept of her dress was that Thierry Mugler (who apparently came out of retirement to design it JUST! FOR! HER!) saw her as "this California girl, just coming out of the water, with water dripping off of her. I could actually see it in this dress, and it explains her poses. 

Kanye, as usual, looked like he went digging in the clearance bin at the local Goodwill. 

The E hosts thew a bunch of shade at Kim -- and a bit at the family -- saying her beauty and look was the definition of camp -- over the top, exaggerated, not real, and that she is camp every time she goes out because of the way she dresses. I was cracking up because they thought they were heaping praise on her, not shading her. If you can find a clip of it, it'll give you a laugh. 

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, nexxie said:

I like the water drop effect on Kim’s dress.

Why does Kanye always look like a bus driver?

What was “camp” about what they wore?

Some of the shit she wears day to day is more camp than that outfit. It was just a way to show off the tits and ass. Kanye? Did he even know where he was? 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5

Yeah I like the water drip effect but hate the actual dress. Lots of people ignored the theme but at least had cool dresses. JLo went for the same type of skintight cleavage baring look that had zero to do with the theme, difference is JLo makes anything look good. Kim seems to look worse and worse since she has become obsessed with Thierry Mugler.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ramble said:

Kim continues to look more plastic each day. She’s like an old Barbie stored in the garage that the heat has effected in a bad, bad way. And her boobs seem to be growing upward in some weird crawl to get away. They almost touch her collar bones. Eventually they’ll be shoulder pads  

Someone forgot to tell Kanye they were going out and he still had on his work clothes. Dickies jacket and work boots for the Met gala? Okay then. 

Now that I’ve read the comment about Kris as Donna Martin I can’t unsee it. Kris’ man accessory sure had on the man jewelry. 

Kylie and Kendall look good for what they’re doing. Travis looks like he’s trying. That’s all I got. 

OMG you're so right!  I stored my Barbie dolls in the attic for years and when I opened the box they were that color!!!!!

• Love 4

I wonder how Kim & that loser family is feeling right now that pretty much nobody was talking about their lame outfits at the Met Gala last night. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

I finally had a chance to look through more Met pics. Oh my. There were some really interesting, over the top looks, which is expected, but there was also so much unfortunate mess. I know fashion is subjective and I found a lot of this junk simply butt ugly. Gwyneth Paltrow wore her nightgown from the 70s and strangely, in comparison to many, she didn’t look too bad. While I often find the Ks, and particularly Kim, excessively try hard I think Katy Perry and Lady Gaga won that department. However, Kim’s after party look was back to her try so hard to stand out ways  I feel like she has a constant internal voice screaming,”Look at me!” The second pic is of Kylie and it seems she tied her two looks together. It worked better in my opinion.

Edited by ramble
Linky link
  • Love 2

I heard a lot of really positive comments about Kylie and Kendall's outfits. Maybe because as someone mentioned, they looked fresh and colourful. And for once they weren't trying to show maximum skin. 

Kim... well, she definitely looked wet, so she nailed that part of it. But as someone else mentioned, she always looks like she's trying sooo hard to be sexy. And not in a fun, humorous way. It's like she's always posing for the cover of some tacky men's magazine. I guess that's camp in a way, only she always does it. I think it's just coincidence that the Met theme tied in with this general look. I find her exhausting, when she isn't springing people from jail. 

• Love 7
On 5/7/2019 at 8:25 AM, SailorGirl said:

Despite it not fitting the theme of "camp" -- a lot of the outfits were subjective as to whether they were camp -- and her ridiculous body shape (that E kept going on about being fabulous - barf), I actually don't hate the dress and the concept behind it. I watched E's coverage of the entire runway. The concept of her dress was that Thierry Mugler (who apparently came out of retirement to design it JUST! FOR! HER!) saw her as "this California girl, just coming out of the water, with water dripping off of her. I could actually see it in this dress, and it explains her poses. 

Kanye, as usual, looked like he went digging in the clearance bin at the local Goodwill. 

The E hosts thew a bunch of shade at Kim -- and a bit at the family -- saying her beauty and look was the definition of camp -- over the top, exaggerated, not real, and that she is camp every time she goes out because of the way she dresses. I was cracking up because they thought they were heaping praise on her, not shading her. If you can find a clip of it, it'll give you a laugh. 

Kris from afar looks like that would be Khloe @ an older age.

• Love 2

I just cannot with Chicago...that little girl ALWAYS looks unbothered with everything around her, lol. The only time I've every seen her truly interact with anyone is with her brother. Her demeanor seems so quiet that I imagine she's probably not a fussy baby.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, suomi said:

Ellen is so normal, I've never understood why she gives these hags the time of day. SMH.

Ratings and Kris’s party guest lists? 

Plus, people who know her say Kris is a lovely person, so...

(Lots of narcissists seem like lovely people, and throw great parties - the ride can be fun.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, suomi said:

Ellen is so normal, I've never understood why she gives these hags the time of day. SMH.

I used to like her, but have now lost all respect for her because of her continued association with this trash.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

My Ellen love died with the giving away the rescue dog  scandal.  It showed the entitled celebrity side of her. As far as the Kardashian crush.... birds of a feather. 

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I saw the Ellen interview and I just wanted to bitch slap Reign across the stage. Kourtney has the most obnoxious kids I've ever seen.

Yeah, I was really shocked by Reign's behavior. He was so loud and out of control, screaming that he wanted cake and candy and telling Ellen that he was "so done with this conversation." That is not cute or acceptable behavior for a child. Meanwhile, North, Chicago, and Saint were totally composed and quiet. So, maybe Kim is doing something right with her kids after all! #shocked I did feel for Kourtney having to lug all six kids out there by herself since Kim was at the hospital and couldn't come, but yeah, she and Scott need to start disciplining Reign and cut down on the sugar so that he's not so hyper and combative.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BrainyBlonde said:

Yeah, I was really shocked by Reign's behavior. He was so loud and out of control, screaming that he wanted cake and candy and telling Ellen that he was "so done with this conversation." That is not cute or acceptable behavior for a child. Meanwhile, North, Chicago, and Saint were totally composed and quiet. So, maybe Kim is doing something right with her kids after all! So, maybe Kim's nannies are doing something right with her kids after all! #shocked I did feel for Kourtney having to lug all six kids out there by herself since Kim was at the hospital and couldn't come, but yeah, she and Scott need to start disciplining Reign and cut down on the sugar so that he's not so hyper and combative.

Fixed that for you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Kim and Kourtney have the same nannies that they both use but they rotate the days they work with the families. I'll give Kim and Kanye some credit. I've seen North act up but even she had the sense to behave on Ellen. I was shocked to see so many on Dash Kids saying Reign was adorable with the best personality.  Kourtney rightfully so looked embarrassed. I get that kids can be out of control but good grief. I hope he got a good talking to after the show.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I was shocked to see so many on Dash Kids saying Reign was adorable with the best personality.  

I couldn't believe that either. There's nothing about that kid's behavior that was cute. That's interesting the sisters share nannies. I wonder how that works, especially since it's so obvious Kim and Kourtney have totally different parenting styles. 

• Love 1

Well, Reign did get media attention for being a scene stealer (watch out Kim, lol).  He actually is the best looking of the Disick kids.  And it wasn't like he was running around, crying.  I noticed when he made room for Saint, he put his arms around him.  And he open his arms to greet Kris, while North pulled back when Kris kissed her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

Well, Reign did get media attention for being a scene stealer (watch out Kim, lol).  He actually is the best looking of the Disick kids.  And it wasn't like he was running around, crying.  I noticed when he made room for Saint, he put his arms around him.  And he open his arms to greet Kris, while North pulled back when Kris kissed her.

I was thinking the same thing. I think some of the comments here are incredibly (and surprisingly) harsh. He's a kid that was taken into an adult situation and he's being judged for not acting appropriately...compared to what? Other adults? If he were a kid sitting in a restaurant spitting out words while he kept his ass in his seat and ate his dinner...would he be considered obnoxious or making adults around itch to bitch slap him? No. He's being judged because he was taken into a situation that he had no interest in being a part of so he simply found a way to entertain himself by talking to himself (and Saint seemed to appreciate it because he was thoroughly entertained by him). He wasn't throwing a tantrum, he wasn't crying, he wasn't screaming and trying to interrupt anyone. He didn't roll around on the floor and demand to go home. All the other grandkids seem to be more shy in certain situations. Penelope, Mason and Saint always seems quiet and shy. Chicago is always unbothered. North is a toss up but I think she's usually more comfortable speaking in a more familiar setting of if her parents were around.

I'm inclined to think that people thought Reign was adorable because they were witnessing a kid simply being a kid, that is all. Wonderful for all of the parents out there that had shy, calm kids who always sat down and shut up exactly when you needed them to but I'm positive that is not every parent's experience and many of those parents would probably clap back at the idea that their kids deserved to be bitch slapped for not always being quiet when you would prefer them to be.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I saw the Ellen interview and I just wanted to bitch slap Reign across the stage. Kourtney has the most obnoxious kids I've ever seen.

I love Penelope.  Out of all the little ones, P is my favorite.  North is the most obnoxious of them all IMO, but I can’t fault her for it.  With her parents she was screwed from the get-go.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, twilightzone said:

North didn’t want to mess up her lipstick.

8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I was thinking the same thing. I think some of the comments here are incredibly (and surprisingly) harsh. He's a kid that was taken into an adult situation and he's being judged for not acting appropriately...compared to what? Other adults? If he were a kid sitting in a restaurant spitting out words while he kept his ass in his seat and ate his dinner...would he be considered obnoxious or making adults around itch to bitch slap him? No. He's being judged because he was taken into a situation that he had no interest in being a part of so he simply found a way to entertain himself by talking to himself (and Saint seemed to appreciate it because he was thoroughly entertained by him). He wasn't throwing a tantrum, he wasn't crying, he wasn't screaming and trying to interrupt anyone. He didn't roll around on the floor and demand to go home. All the other grandkids seem to be more shy in certain situations. Penelope, Mason and Saint always seems quiet and shy. Chicago is always unbothered. North is a toss up but I think she's usually more comfortable speaking in a more familiar setting of if her parents were around.

I'm inclined to think that people thought Reign was adorable because they were witnessing a kid simply being a kid, that is all. Wonderful for all of the parents out there that had shy, calm kids who always sat down and shut up exactly when you needed them to but I'm positive that is not every parent's experience and many of those parents would probably clap back at the idea that their kids deserved to be bitch slapped for not always being quiet when you would prefer them to be.

I totally agree with this.  And the audience was laughing so he was just going with it:)  It was funny when Ellen was trying to ask Saint his name and Reign thought she kept asking for his name.  

• Love 1
On 5/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, RHJunkie said:

Yes ! I was thinking the same thing while scrolling through the comments . What is the kid , 3? Are most toddlers so well behaved that reign in particular was out of this world ? If only all of you would have seen my nephew at my house yesterday ..  I can’t imagine the comments he would have gotten on here . I think everyone is just so used to seeing the entire family in their “ playing perfect “ roles that no one expects any one of them to be real people . Unfortunately , it’s tough to train a toddler to put on an act . 

• Love 4

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Celebrate 5-Year Wedding Anniversary

First, is it just me or have her hips gotten even wider? Did she have more surgery?

Second, this is from the article

They celebrated their union at Giorgio Baldi, an amazing restaurant off the beaten path in Santa Monica. 

I see, so they went to an "off the beaten path" restaurant in Santa Monica, & dammit, those pesky paparazzi just happened to be there to photograph them being all in love after 5 years. What bad luck for them, but such good luck for us otherwise, how would we know how in luv they still are?

• LOL 8
4 minutes ago, GaT said:

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Celebrate 5-Year Wedding Anniversary

First, is it just me or have her hips gotten even wider? Did she have more surgery?

Second, this is from the article

I see, so they went to an "off the beaten path" restaurant in Santa Monica, & dammit, those pesky paparazzi just happened to be there to photograph them being all in love after 5 years. What bad luck for them, but such good luck for us otherwise, how would we know how in luv they still are?

I saw a clip of JLo’s daughter singing and she was great. Kim must be busying working with North to get something to top that.,

• Love 2

The flashback pictures from the article reminded me that even with the tweaks back then, the Kim and Kanye era started well before she started to transform her face and body to such extreme measures. She was beautiful back then - still looked fresh and her Armenian features still stood out. 

• Love 1