Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: The Assassination of Eddie Morra

On 1/6/2016 at 9:40 AM, Netfoot said:

Morra seems to be adopting/have adopted the attitude that NZT-people now are the only people of consequence, and normals are of little consequence in the grand scheme of things.  I suppose this is a consequence of essentially being several orders of magnitude ahead in cognitive ability.  It's like people vs. chimps or something. They're cute and we tend to anthropomorphize them, but they aren't us!  So they take second place to our needs.

Great episode after the break.  A little less comedic and a touch more serious, but we've had these before.  And the Bradley Cooper involvement probably intended to bring back viewers and maybe win a few more.  Of course, immediately giving us a fortnight's break probably undoes any good, here.

Not happy to see the continued proliferation of NZT to every Tom, Dick and Piper.  But I suppose it's inevitable.  If you make NZT-Brian this unstoppable intellectual giant, the only place you will find worthy opponents/villeins is in the same NZT bottle.  Pity though.  I've felt from the beginning that I'd like to see Brian dealing with problems that went beyond the run-of-the-mill crooks, criminals, and bad-guys, even if they are on NZT!

Rebecca may not be on NZT, but she is no dummy!  She worked out that the shooter was on NZT simply from the range involved*, and now seems to have her suspicions about Morra.  I must say, I am really liking the character, and glad she is so much more than Dexter's sister Deb.

*By the way, that record-setting shot of 2,707 yards Rebecca mentioned, is a real record.  And it wasn't a fluke, because the shooter made two shots at the distance that morning, not one.  And if you want your jaw to drop, get a map (or Google maps) and measure 2,707 yards from your front door to some place you know.  It's a really long way!

The writers in this show need to be fired.

The Senator talks to himself and tells himself that the shot's being taken from 3,300 yards away. That's about a mile and a quarter. When Piper was putting the .308 together, she puts on a 1-4X 28mm scope! WHAT? And then they show the senator's image taking up most of the interior view of the scope. With a 4 power (max) scope. Not to mention the fact that the view shows her with the cross hairs right on here target with no compensation for 1 1/4 mile worth of bullet drop. COME ON. In the episode where Ike gets shot, everyone in the FBI is using Glocks. Ike gets shot because Mike fumbles with getting his thumb safety off. Glocks don't have thumb safety's!  Sheesh.

And when Rebecca's squeeze takes Brian hostage and gets himself shot in the process, Brian says he had time to pull the trigger if he'd wanted to and that he even lowered his gun. The insinuation was that all that happened in the time it took for the bullet to cross less than 20 feet. I'm assuming that the writers at least actually know that the FBI went back to using 9mm as their standard sidearm. The average 9mm bullet goes around 1200 fps.

20ft / 1200fps = .016 seconds. In other words, We, the stupid American public, are supposed to believe that Rebecca's squeeze would have had time to pull the trigger but chose to lower his weapon (and according to the writers, actually did so) in 1/60th of a second. NOW... Do the writers need fired or what. I actually enjoyed the show until crap like that was dribbled onto the screen.

The movie rocked. This could have also rocked. The actors did their part with the extremely limited range they were given in the scripts. The writers blow as bad as fist year interns. Throw the bums out.

Edited by Solo Owners