Type keyword(s) to search

Bring It! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, tessat said:

DD of Atl Field Show - these girls are so talented for the small amt of time she's been working with them. We now have the DD's, babies and mini squads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18oSe2ek0-A

Here's another video of tryout - these small ones are so cute! It's 3 hours but at the end she announces the captains and co-captains of each squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3--FevbOlI

I think Dianna wants to get back to her original intent for her company--training good majorette dancers. 

Yes, the girls looked adorable. And I liked the choreography in the show. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, topanga said:

I think Dianna wants to get back to her original intent for her company--training good majorette dancers. 

Yes, the girls looked adorable. And I liked the choreography in the show. 

Amen to that !

And mentoring young women into a positive direction, while teaching life skills.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Amen to that !

And mentoring young women into a positive direction, while teaching life skills.

I've admired and respected Dianna from the first episode of the show, when she volunteered details about her troubled upbringing and choices she made in life, such as appearing in adult movies. She said she didn't have the right kind of adult guidance growing up and wanted to make sure these kids did. She was in tears and had me crying, too.

That's why when Rittany or other internet trolls come after Dianna about her past or accuse her of not caring about her dancers, they can go kick rocks. Whatever has happening with the TV show was controlled by Lifetime, and Dianna only had limited influence on those decisions. 

• Love 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb31n7SYGU8

One of Atlanta Dolls field show - for them to have meshed so well in so little time - they must have worked their butts off.

• Love 1

Looks like Mrs. Dianna and Tamia are finally on good terms after all that's happened. Tamia's appearing as a judge for the upcoming Buck or Die Competition, and Mrs. Dianna liked and re-posted.

P.S. Mrs. Dianna's is a re-post with the correct date of the competition.

• Love 2

Anyone know if there will be another season of Bring It? - I'm assuming it will be the Atlanta girls as the B squad didn't look too strong. I'll miss Makaya, Jayla and the boys tho!

• Love 1
21 hours ago, tessat said:

Anyone know if there will be another season of Bring It? - I'm assuming it will be the Atlanta girls as the B squad didn't look too strong. I'll miss Makaya, Jayla and the boys tho!

Things seemed very much up in the air at the end of the prior season. And going down my YouTube rabbit hole revealed that the Jackson Dancing Dolls studio will likely close unless someone else takes over the day to day operations and enrollment increases.

You're right that Dianna is done with Jackson and is making her new life in the ATL. I know she doesn't like doing the show anymore -- she said this as diplomatically as she could on one of her YouTube videos. She does appreciate the publicity that the show gave her school and her students. But in the end, the show became too much of a distraction from what she was trying to as a dance teacher. 

And then there were the crazy dance parents-- esp. Rittany (crazy aunt), the twins' uncle, others whose names I can't remember, and even Mimi to some extent. As tough as Dianna is, she does not like drama and avoids it whenever possible. And these parents were bringing extra levels drama, especially blaming Dianna for the structure of their TV contracts, which Dianna had nothing to do with whatsoever. 

I think I am fine if the show ends. I found it entertaining (mostly the earlier seasons) and liked pretty much all of the girls featured on the show, but for me it has kind of ran its course. I really struggled with getting through last season. 

• Love 1

See I'd like to see it continue. I had my reservation on the new Dance Moms as I loved the original  girls - but I think I like the new Dance Moms better as the kids to me at least are so much better as dancers. I can do without the Stacy Yolanda drama. I'd love to meet the Atlanta squad girls and see more of the routines and choreography that Dianna comes up with as I loved to watch their shows.

• Love 2
On 8/26/2019 at 12:59 PM, CowboysFanatic said:

Not sure if any of you already knew, but Crystianna is no longer captain or even a member of the Jackson team. She decided to move on and dance as a member of her high school's majorette squad.

Good for her. She’ll probably be happier than she’s been on the show lately. 

• Love 1

I knew about Makya and Tanesha going to Alcorn State University and auditioning to be members of The Golden Girls, but didn't know Star and Sky would, too!

Oh... Right! Daija is now a member of the Stingettes at Alabama State University. Their captain is YCDT Supastar Alum Janae (@omgjust_dancee on Instagram), who appeared on "Bring It" and her former coach's show, "Step It Up."

They're all making Mrs. Dianna proud!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

They're all making Mrs. Dianna proud!

I like that most of the girls are continuing to dance after high school. Dianna did a great job of developing their love of dance. You can argue their technique isn’t the best, but they sure learn complicated choreography in a short amount of time, and they know how to perform. 

• Love 1

I don't watch this show but, OMG!

HIV-positive dance coach pleads guilty to raping 16-year-old boy https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7706435/HIV-positive-dance-coach-pleads-guilty-raping-16-year-old-boy.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

I think the date is wrong when it says he was arrested September 2016, because he's still awaiting sentencing in December. Also, the article doesn't state how much time he faces for criminal exposure to HIV.

Edited by NowVoyager

Thanks for that update - that is so sad.

But I think the only thing we'll have going forward is repeats of Bring It. Diana has moved on to her own Beauty Make-Up Line which she has a youtube show about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoGDL9Kx3k

Not my cup of tea - I was so hoping we'd see the Atlanta girls since she moved all the way up there and took some of the girls with her! Oh well - it's been a great ride and it was good to know all of you!

• Love 1
On 11/29/2019 at 6:46 AM, tessat said:

Thanks for that update - that is so sad.

But I think the only thing we'll have going forward is repeats of Bring It. Diana has moved on to her own Beauty Make-Up Line which she has a youtube show about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoGDL9Kx3k

Not my cup of tea - I was so hoping we'd see the Atlanta girls since she moved all the way up there and took some of the girls with her! Oh well - it's been a great ride and it was good to know all of you!

I know Diana has said she’s been emotionally done with the show for a while. But she never sounded ungrateful for the exposure this show brought to her and her girls, so there’s that. 

I wish I could’ve seen the Atlanta studio also. Princess with her quiet self had become my favorite. Did she move to Atlanta also? Or is her mom still making that 3 hour commute every day? 🙄🙄

Binge watching older shows via direct tv  on-demand, as I was reminiscing what was gone from Thursday/Friday night line-ups from a few years ago. A recent posting on the Dallas Cowboys cheerleader forum reminded me that Selena wanted Sunjai , who I think is a college graduate now, to try for Dallas cowboys cheerleader.  The stream started from the premiere - March 5, 2014.I know COVID is the reason most/all dance studios had to or are closed But covid didn't happen until 2020..

It's ok Miss D if your body doesn't allow you to teach 4 hr classes 5 days a week or do death-drops/side-leg jump splits during a competition. We can understand that...

Granted maybe the great Miss D didn't want the name to carry on outside of her, but I just don't get why the program in Jackson, Birmingham and Atlanta  vanished into thin air.  The young dancers deserve better. Looking at this early shows, the dancing babies (who would be HS age now), the hardships the families have gone through (then and now), and reading the business statement of the Jackson studio.......SMH

I hope the other cities teams were able to continue or keep their programs going.  If Dance Moms was able to continue for a minute after graduations and Abby serving time, just doesn't make sense for this show/studio to have went MIA,

Maybe with the new initiatives for minority and/or women owned businesses - someone else will come along. I refuse to believe what the dance doll promoted (see below) for young women and men is no longer needed in 2021.

image.thumb.png.1c40f77f901dfd8eefbddc3bae3d1831.png

Edited by sATL

FYI - This youtube still leave me puzzled....I just don't understand the obsession with ATL, when part of the show's charm was to be in Jackson...  " if its not broke... don't fix it..."

Edited by sATL
On 11/28/2020 at 4:27 PM, sATL said:

FYI - This youtube still leave me puzzled....I just don't understand the obsession with ATL, when part of the show's charm was to be in Jackson...  " if its not broke... don't fix it..."

I'm confused also--did Dianna say that the show will or will not film in Atlanta? 

During the last season of Bring It, there was a lot of behind the scenes drama in Jackson with parents and some of the dancers. I believe that's one of the reasons Dianna moved her family to Atlanta--she actually said that there's nothing left for her in Jackson. 

I thought the Jackson Dollhouse was in danger of closing, but the website says it's still open. And Dianna's Instagram still shows clips from the dance teams in Jackson, Atlanta, and Birmingham. 

And I never new Dianna had written a memoir. I heard her talk about it during an interview--sounds she had a challenging childhood. I definitely want to read it. 

17 hours ago, topanga said:

I'm confused also--did Dianna say that the show will or will not film in Atlanta? 

During the last season of Bring It, there was a lot of behind the scenes drama in Jackson with parents and some of the dancers. I believe that's one of the reasons Dianna moved her family to Atlanta--she actually said that there's nothing left for her in Jackson. 

I thought the Jackson Dollhouse was in danger of closing, but the website says it's still open. And Dianna's Instagram still shows clips from the dance teams in Jackson, Atlanta, and Birmingham. 

And I never new Dianna had written a memoir. I heard her talk about it during an interview--sounds she had a challenging childhood. I definitely want to read it. 

I found some IG lives sessions on youtube , going back a year or so. Diana's (above), Mimi (who said she left her 15 yr career as an engineer for the show ???) and Rittney.   The last two were laced heavy with cursing.. to the point I couldn't understand. And since it was a live - I didn't get what the beef(s) was about.  I tried to go through the comments to see what is going on.

I listened to Mimi all the way to the end in hopes of finding out what type of engineer she was... and what is the hold up from her going back to her career - if that is part of her issue/regret.

Even if the show doesn't come back, and the studios fully re-open post COVID - Diana might need to add a gag order clause to the enrollment papers. 

The parent/teen dancer demographic and expectation are much different in ATL than Jackson. What worked there/before may not work in ATL. Part of Diana's rant was that ATL has film laws when it comes to minors - like no filming after 10 pm, and that is some of the issues she is dealing with.

Also she is worried about a following given that everyone will be new , except for Princess, who is a HS senior -  I guess the class of 2020. To me that sounds like a fixable, hole in the business plan - how to keep a show full of HS - sophomore and above - stars engaged with an audience, once they leave HS and/or turn 18. However, she can't be the 1st show to have that problem. If the new show focused more on the babies, then that is a easy way to get a cast with longevity.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 11/30/2020 at 6:20 AM, sATL said:

Even if the show doesn't come back, and the studios fully re-open post COVID - Diana might need to add a gag order clause to the enrollment papers. 

The parent/teen dancer demographic and expectation are much different in ATL than Jackson. What worked there/before may not work in ATL. Part of Diana's rant was that ATL has film laws when it comes to minors - like no filming after 10 pm, and that is some of the issues she is dealing with.

Also she is worried about a following given that everyone will be new , except for Princess, who is a HS senior -  I guess the class of 2020. To me that sounds like a fixable, hole in the business plan - how to keep a show full of HS - sophomore and above - stars engaged with an audience, once they leave HS and/or turn 18. However, she can't be the 1st show to have that problem. If the new show focused more on the babies, then that is a easy way to get a cast with longevity.

Thanks for the update. So I guess she isn't sure yet about the show.

In terms of building a following--the original season had to do just that. Kayla was the oldest dancer in the main cast--I believe she was a high school sophomore or junior, and Sunjai was a year younger. I think Chrystianna was only 10 years old, and Camryn was 12. The show was most pure back then IMO because it focused on getting to know Dianna and the girls as dancers and people, and there was less manufactured drama. But that's the nature of reality TV, I know.

You mentioned Princess--she's someone I regret not knowing better. She'd just show up at practice to work hard, no drama, and she seemed really nice. She's more introverted than some of the other cast members, but that means the producers just needed to work a little harder to bring out her personality. Sadly, we never got that. 

So it might not happen instantaneously, but if the show returns to focusing on the dancing and the girls themselves, and less on the Real Housewives of Jackson, I think it can build its following again. 

And I agree with you about IG live broadcasts with Mimi and Rittney. Both were cussing like sailors but were saying NOTHING.

• Love 2
On 11/30/2020 at 6:20 AM, sATL said:

I found some IG lives sessions on youtube , going back a year or so. Diana's (above), Mimi (who said she left her 15 yr career as an engineer for the show ???) and Rittney.   The last two were laced heavy with cursing.. to the point I couldn't understand. And since it was a live - I didn't get what the beef(s) was about.  I tried to go through the comments to see what is going on.

I listened to Mimi all the way to the end in hopes of finding out what type of engineer she was... and what is the hold up from her going back to her career - if that is part of her issue/regret.

I was watching the old episodea couple of days ago.  It was the episode where Diana kicked Tawanza and her daughter out of the Doll House.  What struck me was that Tawanza made the remark that she is a wolf and comes straight where as Mimi is a wolf in sheep's clothing and that Diana needs to be careful because Mimi is not the friend that Dianna thinks she is.  Tawanza was so correct in her assessment of the "friendship" between Diana and Mimi.  I was never a fan of Mimi.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1