Type keyword(s) to search

Bring It! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, topanga said:

Yes, Kayla was special. I sometimes criticize her for her loose dance technique and lack of career focus, but no one could throw stands like she did. As sweet and kind as she is, when Kayla led stand battles, she was aggressive, passionate, and pretty intimidating. In other words, perfect for throwing stands. Camryn is a great dancer and stand leader, but she doesn't quite reach Kayla's level. 

Kayla had the best facial expressions. Just those first 8 counts she used to the throw the stand would have me on my feet. Camryn is a better dancer than Kayla IMO and I love watching her once the stand gets started. That's the difference to me. I would get excited watching Kayla throw the stand; I don't get excited until I see Camryn and team together performing the stand

I hope Mykaya (sp) or Daija gets the captain spot next.

Rittany really is the worst with Mimi a close second. I liked Brandon a lot better before he was part of the "in crowd" but I still love him. He earned a permanent place in my heart when they all dressed up for a competition and Brandon was wearing a fur coat and said "this my grandma chinchilla" The context, timing and delivery was all types of hilarious.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 1
On 1/13/2018 at 6:54 AM, tessat said:

Wow - that is horrible what happened to Selena and I hope she's alright. Glad to see Kayla again but it looks like she isn't working at the Dollhouse - at least at this time. I don't u7nderstand with the Dolls and Kayla's following - she would have any problem getting a hip hop team together - another producer driven fake problem.

As far as Tanisha's dancing - also fake drama - if there was a problem in how she was dancing - you know Dianna would address it but I'm glad to see the face of someone other than Mimi. I use to like Rittany for her commitment to Christiana but I don't like the Rittany I'm seeing now - she's a bully as are Tina and Mimi. Reminds me of Dance Moms - treat the new moms coming in poorly.

OK - I think it's wonderful that the DDP's stick together and want to help Selena out - but a fundraiser - when again we know how much money these people make for these shows. Does look like the fundraiser was a hit and the food looked good! Noticed JJ and Sunjai in the stands at the competition - since the twins are in the routine - who is with Selena??

That stand was great!!!!!! The moms and Brandon did wonderful! I was surprised they won tho as the other team in the finals I thought did a much better job - unless points were deducted for going over the time limit.

These women are making enough money to keep their families comfortable, but health insurance is EXPENSIVE, especially if you don't have a good steady job with benefits and you have a whole family of kids to cover. I'm not mad at anyone for wanting to make sure that bills from hospitalization or long-term health care needs are covered, especially if Selena can't appear on the show due to her illness. The kids money can go towards some of their day-to-day expenses, but the bulk of it can't be touched until they reach the age of majority, and can't be used to pay Selena's health care expenses.

Edited by Rlb8031

No offense - I know health care is expensive - I'm in a situation right now where the deductibles for all the tests I've incurred has taken a bulk of my savings and I haven't even had surgery or follow-up treatment yet. I would hope with the money they are making they were smart enough to purchase health insurance and put money away for emergencies. Selena is not stupid - she graduated with honors from both high school and college despite having a baby boy - so I hope she had the foresight to have adequate medical care and save for a rainy day instead of spending the money on booty filler and LV purses. I may love to participate in forums about fake reality shows but I'm far from stupid and know how things work and how much things cost.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tessat said:

No offense - I know health care is expensive - I'm in a situation right now where the deductibles for all the tests I've incurred has taken a bulk of my savings and I haven't even had surgery or follow-up treatment yet. I would hope with the money they are making they were smart enough to purchase health insurance and put money away for emergencies. Selena is not stupid - she graduated with honors from both high school and college despite having a baby boy - so I hope she had the foresight to have adequate medical care and save for a rainy day instead of spending the money on booty filler and LV purses. I may love to participate in forums about fake reality shows but I'm far from stupid and know how things work and how much things cost.

I think the LV are given out to them all from production.  If you notice, they all carry one, just like they do on Dance Moms.

6 hours ago, tessat said:

I wasn't implying that you were stupid. My point was that it was understandable why others outside of the family might think that a fundraiser was a nice thing to do for them. None of us know what their circumstances really are, and therefore if her "friends" and co-workers decided to do something to try and help out, I think its understandable. I was more reacting to the idea that they are getting rich off of being on TV and therefore shouldn't look to have people do anything for them. While they are making decent money for Jackson, BringIt dollars are far from making any of these folks independently wealthy to the point that catastrophic illness isn't a concern.  

• Love 2

My apologies if I misunderstood but when I look at the wealth of some of these people and know that my DH would have to work 20 years to make the kind of money they currently have - and see them setting up fund raisers and GoFundMe accts - it's a little hard to accept - especially when my own family have and continue to go thru catastrophic situations and we don't rely on others to pay our bills that we acquire. These folks may not be independently wealthy - but I would think the majority of viewers aren't worth in the neighborhood of $500,000 - $800,000 but more in the income bracket of $30000 - $70000 and consider these people quite well off. I wish the best for Selena and Tina but consider many of these things a little over the top.

On 1/15/2018 at 10:12 AM, topanga said:

Yes, I hope Selena gets better. I wasn't sure what was wrong--I know she was grieving the recent death of her grandmother, who was like a mother to her. But the other DDPs said she also had seizures? A stroke? WTH? I don't expect the show to violate Selena's HIPAA rights and tell me her entire medical history, but I hate it when people say random stuff like, "It could be seizures. Or a stroke." Those are two very different conditions. Just say you don’t know  

And I originally wasn't sure if it was more manufactured drama, but when Selena didn't participate in the dance mom stand battles and the other parents visited her at home, I knew she was really ill.

First my prayers and well wishes go out to Selena. First the loss of her grandmother. Next her illnesses.

I too hate it when people don't go into detail and make broad statements. I have learned to take information from deaths and major illnesses to make an honest attempt to improve my own health and/or information bank - esp. when saddness happens to someone so young. If we don't take at least a few seconds to find out how to control or stop some of these medical issues they will keep happening.

When the DDPs said stroke /seizure - I was in shock. Mainly not knowing enough about what causes/ prevents either. And of all of the DDPs Selena appears to be the one closest to being in shape/good-health . It reminded me of when Kim Z. Biermann had a stroke. It seems like strokes are happening to younger aged (less than 50)people. Why???  

here's her bio :  ( link )

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

New burning question. I don't mean to offend or be too judgemental of the DDPs choices when they were young, but does anyone find it startling that most of them were young (ie 14- 17) moms? I think while in the viewing room someone asked when did you have your first child. 

Birth control was pretty accessible in the 90s for both males and females. When majic Johnson announced he was HIV positive, in 1991, condoms showed up anywhere &  everywhere. Following my previous post about health issues, by the 90s when most of the girls were born, we clearly knew how (and possibly when via those ovulation kits)  pregnancy happens. Yes, BC can fail.

I guess I ran with a crowd in my teens and even my crowd today, whose thought process to have a child was a very calculated planned stratgetic move ; like moving a chess piece. Trust, plenty of sex was happening in all kinds of places even though I do agree abstinence is a good form of BC.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 1/15/2018 at 11:08 AM, Boofish said:

Kayla had the best facial expressions. Just those first 8 counts she used to the throw the stand would have me on my feet. Camryn is a better dancer than Kayla IMO and I love watching her once the stand gets started. That's the difference to me. I would get excited watching Kayla throw the stand; I don't get excited until I see Camryn and team together performing the stand

I hope Mykaya (sp) or Daija gets the captain spot next.

Rittany really is the worst with Mimi a close second. I liked Brandon a lot better before he was part of the "in crowd" but I still love him. He earned a permanent place in my heart when they all dressed up for a competition and Brandon was wearing a fur coat and said "this my grandma chinchilla" The context, timing and delivery was all types of hilarious.

I got drawn into a YouTube rabbit hole, looking at dozens of old stand battles and episode clips. Watching the full-length stand battles reminded me how great a choreographer Dianna (and now Camryn) really are. And how excellent of a stand leader Kayla was. 

Watching footage of the Prancing Tigerettes from a couple years ago, Princess was a beast, even then. And she was what? 11, 12?  I wonder if Dianna poached her from PT. She might be in line to be the new captain, which I know would make Rittany and the other DDPs lose their sh**.

But the thing is, I don't see any of the other upcoming Dolls having the fire and leadership qualities that Kayla had as captain. Camryn does have some of those qualities now, but I haven't seen it yet in Chrystianna, Makayla, Makaya, Kenjennae, or any of the other vets. I'm not questioning their dance talent, which is there. I'm talking about the intangibles that make for a great captain. I’ve never seen Daija lead the group- she might or might not be good .

And someone please remind me what happened to Tamia? She was also being groomed to be a future captain. What a big loss from the dolls. 

1 hour ago, sATL said:

New burning question. I don't mean to offend or be too judgemental of the DDPs choices when they were young, but does anyone find it startling that most of them were young (ie 14- 17) moms? I think while in the viewing room someone asked when did you have your first child. 

Teen pregnancy rates were still quite high in the ‘90s and the aughts. They’ve only been dropping recently. I also don’t know what their economic situations were in HS. Poverty is also associated with increased rates of teen pregnancy.

But Faith, Mimi, and I think Selena were all married when they had children. 

9 minutes ago, topanga said:

I got drawn into a YouTube rabbit hole, looking at dozens of old stand battles and episode clips. Watching the full-length stand battles reminded me how great a choreographer Dianna (and now Camryn) really are. And how excellent of a stand leader Kayla was. 

Watching footage of the Prancing Tigerettes from a couple years ago, Princess was a beast, even then. And she was what? 11, 12?  I wonder if Dianna poached her from PT. She might be in line to be the new captain, which I know would make Rittany and the other DDPs lose their sh**.

But the thing is, I don't see any of the other upcoming Dolls having the fire and leadership qualities that Kayla had as captain. Camryn does have some of those qualities now, but I haven't seen it yet in Chrystianna, Makayla, Makaya, Kenjennae, or any of the other vets. I'm not questioning their dance talent, which is there. I'm talking about the intangibles that make for a great captain. I’ve never seen Daija lead the group- she might or might not be good .

And someone please remind me what happened to Tamia? She was also being groomed to be a future captain. What a big loss from the dolls. 

Some girls came to the Doll House looking for Tamia and she went outside and got into a huge fist fight with them. Dianna kicked her off the team and she went to the Purple Diamonds. Tamia was the actual captain before this incident and when she was kicked off the team for fighting, Camryn became captain

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, topanga said:

Teen pregnancy rates were still quite high in the ‘90s and the aughts. They’ve only been dropping recently. I also don’t know what their economic situations were in HS. Poverty is also associated with increased rates of teen pregnancy.

Selena - no - not with her 1st . See link from my prior post above this post. 

I think Tina said her 1st marriage was to Kayla's father when it was aired last year.. or was that the year before.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, topanga said:

Selena said she had her son at 14 and didn't want the same for her daughters. All the rest of the women were married adults . Rittany is actually Chrystianna's aunt, not her biological mother which explains her being 30 and Chyrstianna being 16.

6 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Some girls came to the Doll House looking for Tamia and she went outside and got into a huge fist fight with them. Dianna kicked her off the team and she went to the Purple Diamonds. Tamia was the actual captain before this incident and when she was kicked off the team for fighting, Camryn became captain

OMG !! This sounds scary...like time-to-press- charges scary...

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

Selena said she had her son at 14 and didn't want the same for her daughters. All the rest of the women were married adults . Rittany is actually Chrystianna's aunt, not her biological mother which explains her being 30 and Chyrstianna being 16.

True. Chyrtstianna dad was 34 when he passed in 2015. Any bets on how old her mom is? 

On 1/17/2018 at 0:52 PM, Boofish said:

Why kicked off completely and not just suspended?

On 1/18/2018 at 6:05 PM, Gurkel said:

Why kicked off completely and not just suspended?

On 1/18/2018 at 8:45 PM, Boofish said:

Kicked off completely. Fighting is a big NO; zero tolerance. 

I think there was also something about Tamia (and her family?) getting into an argument with Dianna's husband (and Dianna?) about the fight.

Hold up...you mean it took Kayla 2 years to have a one-on-one with the Grambling (?) Dance professor? Someone she sees every week as a judge? 

She's been though 6 yrs of the doll house weekly competitions, cuts  and tryouts , not to mention captian, bucking all over the country on tour, on TV, and thought didn't have the confidence to succeed? WTH?

Now she going to try to sit (audit) in freshman dance classes with students 2-3 years younger than her who have been physically/dance involved ......and on the academic side, almost same thing- not sure if her past academic endeavors prepared her for Grambling.

It's getting hard watching Kayla learn from the school of unecessary hard knocks....If she wants to be another Ms. D - miss D. has already given her (and all the girls) the script-do what she did ; go to school and learn how to get on a college dance team and business skills to run a business.

I didn't care for Tina driving Kayla all the way to the college gate. Tina needs to realize she's not the best person anymore to take Kayla to the next level. Hell, any level. At 20- put her on Megabus & Uber and let her be a little independent. Plus I still feel Tina is holding her back-some adult kiddies need a little tough-love-push to pick a lane. Maybe this is Tina's weird idea of a gap year. 

I hope Miss D continues doing what other organizations do with their HS juniors/seniors - early in the school year - have a parent/student meeting to present options/connections/info to continue the student's gift to the next level.

SMH.....this is setting up to be a lifetime movie in about 5 years...Cuss one minute, cry the next...

Edited by sATL
Changed starts to continue & added junior
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, sATL said:

Hold up...you mean it took Kayla 2 years to have a one-on-one with the Grambling (?) Dance professor? Someone she sees every week as a judge? 

She's been though 6 yrs of the doll house weekly competitions, cuts  and tryouts , not to mention captian, bucking all over the country on tour, on TV, and thought didn't have the confidence to succeed? WTH?

Now she going to try to sit (audit) in freshman dance classes with students 2-3 years younger than her who have been physically/dance involved ......and on the academic side, almost same thing- not sure if her past academic endeavors prepared her for Grambling.

It's getting hard watching Kayla learn from the school of unecessary hard knocks....If she wants to be another Ms. D - miss D. has already given her (and all the girls) the script-do what she did ; go to school and learn how to get on a college dance team and business skills to run a business.

I didn't care for Tina driving Kayla all the way to the college gate. Tina needs to realize she's not the best person anymore to take Kayla to the next level. Hell, any level. At 20- put her on Megabus & Uber and let her be a little independent. Plus I still feel Tina is holding her back-some adult kiddies need a little tough-love-push to pick a lane. Maybe this is Tina's weird idea of a gap year. 

I hope Miss D starts doing what other organizations do with their HS seniors - early in the school year - have a parent/student meeting to present options/connections/info to continue the student's gift to the next level.

SMH.....this is setting up to be a lifetime movie in about 5 years...Cuss one minute, cry the next...

These girls have been in front of so many talent scouts, agents and people in the industry not to mention all the scholarship opportunities. Sunjai is on a full ride,  Mykaya got into a very prestigious Broadway dance company and I've lost count of the scholarships waiting for Camryn not to mention she has agency representation. 

I think Kayla is a sweet girl but she's not very motivated or smart. Miss D was right to cut her loose and let her figure out her life. I remember Tina getting pretty heated when another mom told her she needed to push Kayla to go to college and succeed and Tina getting really heated. Looking back now, the truth was probably painful to hear.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

These girls have been in front of so many talent scouts, agents and people in the industry not to mention all the scholarship opportunities. Sunjai is on a full ride,  Mykaya got into a very prestigious Broadway dance company and I've lost count of the scholarships waiting for Camryn not to mention she has agency representation. 

I think Kayla is a sweet girl but she's not very motivated or smart. Miss D was right to cut her loose and let her figure out her life. I remember Tina getting pretty heated when another mom told her she needed to push Kayla to go to college and succeed and Tina getting really heated. Looking back now, the truth was probably painful to hear.

I changed "starts" to continue..(and added Jr's) to recognize Sunjai accomplishment. Now knowing Selena's background, I suspect Sunjai had a little more at home mom-training-pushing. And yes, Sunjai was highly motivated to make cuts and with her studies. I think she had a gold honor drape during the graduation episodes. 

Also, Ms D seems to now embrace other dance styles more besides majorette & hip hop , since Kayla graduated, which is why I like mr. Torrey . The later girls will be better prepared for post-HS or summer endeavors.

For Kayla, yes she was part of the same college audition but she wasn't ready, which is why I added Juniors. Actually all 4 yrs of HS go really fast.

Tina should have sought out help after that argument and got out of her feelings.Tina was so bitter still about being told what to do as a teen 100 yrs ago, she went completely opposite with Kayla. And she's still not seeking help. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Loved the photo shoot opportunity!!!!

Noticed Faith dramically changed her hair .. Good look and move on someone's part-does Faith gave a secret stylist as part of her team that we don't know about?

Kinda wished did with the photographer would have did something with the twins together in a single pix...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

For me this was one of the best episodes that has aired as far as context and dance. I agree that Kayla isn't as motivated as some - her life was the DDs. After graduating - she was lost - just like many popular high school kids and quarterbacks face once they graduate high school - the world doesn't revolve around them any more and they sometimes have a hard time fitting in after graduation. 

I see Kayla actually taking off and getting married to Moe who I believe is stationed in Texas right now. She was in community college and I thought she was getting a bachelor's degree in business but was taking more child care courses - so this again is a producer driven episode making it seem like Kayla has done nothing despite showing us something different in past episodes.

There are two sides to every story and I read both and feel the truth is somewhere in the middle. The doll captain in the past was voted by the girls - not picked by Diana - and Tamia was chosen to be the captain by the girls. I do feel that since we have been steadily been pushed to believe by Mimi and Coach D that Camryn would be the next captain. The girls picking Tamia screwed up production's and Diana's narrative - so I put a little more faith in Tamia's side of the story - http://theybf.com/2015/08/05/ybf-interview-“bring-it”-coach-miss-d-shuts-down-all-talk-about-dancers-leaving-the-team.

I was actually surprised when the photographer picked Kanarie as I saw others that I thought were fantastic - but he knows what he wants - glad to see Faith got chosen.

Hopefully this relationship for Rittany is a real thing and not producer driven as she really needs to do more with her life than just cater to Christiana - I know she loves the girl but Christiana is growing up and will move on. I personally would not have worn that outfit for a 1st date - but whatever!

I thought all the creative dances were great but was surprised that Heat tied for first. I wish we could see the full length versions because even tho they were good - I thought the other two were better. The dolls did great - but as much as I think Coby is cute - I don't think his dancing has improved from when we saw him 2 yrs ago. I would have been fine with one of the girls doing the Michael Jackson interpretation - I just didn't feel it with Coby.

• Love 2

I thought HS athletes , esp. in football, red-shirt, chg positions, or accept the fact they are the back up, to the back up, until their opportunity comes freshman year. Just being part of a team is an learning opportunity.

I.m sure Moe is a fine specimen of a young man and loves her deeply..but how/ will a marriage, especially to someone who is in the service ( ie moving every 3-4 years , all over the world, & deployment)  help Kayla "find" herself? I see her kinda lonely on an army base in a new city, unless she can find a local underground rap dancer club  .More drama for the Lifetime movie.

Agree on the MJ lead part. not to dis Coby, but I think it would have been a great opportunity for one of the girls, to do it. It's one thing to loose a part to one of your team mates you see every day, or to a specialist (like the acrobat if girl ) but it's another to see the lead to go to miss D's son.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, sATL said:

I thought HS athletes , esp. in football, red-shirt, chg positions, or accept the fact they are the back up, to the back up, until their opportunity comes freshman year. Just being part of a team is an learning opportunity.

I.m sure Moe is a fine specimen of a young man and loves her deeply..but how/ will a marriage, especially to someone who is in the service ( ie moving every 3-4 years , all over the world, & deployment)  help Kayla "find" herself? I see her kinda lonely on an army base in a new city, unless she can find a local underground rap dancer club  .More drama for the Lifetime movie.

Agree on the MJ lead part. not to dis Coby, but I think it would have been a great opportunity for one of the girls, to do it. It's one thing to loose a part to one of your team mates you see every day, or to a specialist (like the acrobat if girl ) but it's another to see the lead to go to miss D's son.

I don't think Kayla will find herself if she marries Moe - but that's what I see happening in the future. For as strong as she was captain of the dolls - she is totally unsure of herself now. She has little self confidence - doesn't know how to command respect and is just wishy washy - even in the hip hop tryouts we've seen - she defers to her friends many times. I don't think she wants to hurt people's feelings - but if you are going to be in charge of your own dance studio or team - you have to learn to so you get the results you want.

• Love 1

I get the impression that Kayla is a small-town girl at heart. As much as she talks about wanting to be a dancer, wanting to dance all over, she's the one who didn't leave home, didn't take any risks and didn't seize any of the opportunities that the show has presented her. If that really is the case, community college, army boyfriend/husband and twenty years of "what could have been" is absolutely understandable. I mean, is she that different than the "average" kid who graduates high school in Jackson? Do most of them strike out on their own?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, tessat said:

I was actually surprised when the photographer picked Kanarie as I saw others that I thought were fantastic - but he knows what he wants - glad to see Faith got chosen.

I know we only saw a few of the photos. But I’m not surprised about Faith. She’s absolutely beautiful. And the camera loves her. 

17 hours ago, sATL said:

I changed "starts" to continue..(and added Jr's) to recognize Sunjai accomplishment. Now knowing Selena's background, I suspect Sunjai had a little more at home mom-training-pushing. And yes, Sunjai was highly motivated to make cuts and with her studies. I think she had a gold honor drape during the graduation episodes. 

Also, Ms D seems to now embrace other dance styles more besides majorette & hip hop , since Kayla graduated, which is why I like mr. Torrey . The later girls will be better prepared for post-HS or summer endeavors.

For Kayla, yes she was part of the same college audition but she wasn't ready, which is why I added Juniors. Actually all 4 yrs of HS go really fast.

Tina should have sought out help after that argument and got out of her feelings.Tina was so bitter still about being told what to do as a teen 100 yrs ago, she went completely opposite with Kayla. And she's still not seeking help. 

I think Tina is afraid of Kayla leaving her. Even though that’s what children are supposed to do: grow up and find their own lives, without their parents. Is Tina still married? I haven’t seen her husband in any of their social media postings. 

• Love 2

I like Chrystianna, but there’s no way she should’ve been chosen over Princess. Dianna made an emotional choice, which was her right, of course. IMO, Princess auditioned better than Makaya, too.

It seems like Dianna knew who she was going to choose even before the auditions. So why make the girls go through all of that and give them false hope?

• Love 3

First off - what have they done with this site? Could access this forum without going into my notifications and clicking on a past post someone liked.

Gurkel - I agree - as soon as the one judge said something like it's going to be hard for Diana to make her choices and then Diana says - I'm rethinking my choices after watching these routines - I knew this was all bogus producer driven - she already knew who she wanted to take.

Princess deserved the spot over both Christiana. Makalya gave a lack luster performance in the jazz routine - Makaya didn't have her feet pointed in the lyrical. I love all of these girls - but why bother bringing in choreographers ( which you had to look at your clipboard for their names - I caught that Diana!) if you truly weren't going to judge the girls on this and your decision was made.

Regarding Selena - it seems she didn't actually have mini-strokes but something mimicking them from the stress she endured. I do hope she gets better and I hope that Sunjai was on break during this filming and didn't have to withdraw from school.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tessat said:

Regarding Selena - it seems she didn't actually have mini-strokes but something mimicking them from the stress she endured. I do hope she gets better and I hope that Sunjai was on break during this filming and didn't have to withdraw from school.

It’s still not totally clear to me what’s going on with Selena. I think she said that she had seizures AND mini-strokes after her grandmother died. But what were the crutches for? Seizures don’t make you limp. And by definition, a TIA (mini-stroke) shouldn’t cause balance issues or neurological issues unless it was a full stoke. 

My husband had a mini stroke and it did affect his balance for awhile. I'll have to go back and rewatch it as I thought she said she had seizures and symptoms like a stroke. The crutches may very well be because she's been bedridden so long her muscles are as strong as they used to be. 

• Love 1

MODs.. this is the 2nd Friday night show, with a new episode and very active chatter, that I had to do searches to find. something went terribly wrong during the upgrade a few days ago.

-------

back to the episode - my heart went out to Selena and Sunjai. I think this is during the summer, so hopefully Sunjai didn't miss out on too many activities/classes/work to stay home longer b/c of the emergency.  It was the right thing for her to come home and assist, but as a parent I would feel a little guilty.

Forgive me so saying this as I know everyone handles death differently. This is the FIRST time I heard that someone was grieving  so much (or so stressed out) that it caused them to have multiple seizures; I'm used to  couldn't eat/sleep/crying excessively/anger/hair falling out/adult acne/drinking/over eating/took to their bed/getting high/not performing well on the job.  Yes, she was like a mother to her - but surely Selena has been around someone who has lost a parent/grandparent - meaning death does happen to the very best and loving people in our lives.. Yes, it is very, very sad and emotional but to the point of having a seizure... I wonder if she (or the Drs) tested her for another underlying medical issue.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, tessat said:

My husband had a mini stroke and it did affect his balance for awhile. I'll have to go back and rewatch it as I thought she said she had seizures and symptoms like a stroke. The crutches may very well be because she's been bedridden so long her muscles are as strong as they used to be. 

That makes sense. My heart goes out to you and your husband. 

I hate that the auditions seem to be a rouse, given how hard the girls worked with the choreographers. I agree with others that Princess got robbed. Some of the old heads Dianna chose did not have good auditions (Makaya, Makayla, and Chrystianna, specifically). But Dianna wanted a specific crew, I guess. So why bother with auditions? 

I really love this show - but it like Dance Moms has become so edited. Even watching the talking heads - a mom or Diana makes a comment on one issue and 2 minutes later when making another comment - they're in a whole totally different outfit - so we know these talking head have been filmed at least a day apart - maybe 3 days or more after the actual situation has taken place.

I again do not understand why Kayla can not recruit more dancers - another rouse? Isn't the studio the same one - Kayla considered renting many episodes ago? I know it's the same one that the girls practiced in when it they were competing in teams for Todrick. To have 1 competition - with a team you've worked with for a few weeks make your decision for your future on whether you win or lose is ridiculous. The gold team were the obvious winners but very old school - I thought I was back in the 80's with MC Hammer.

Thanks Topanga - my DH had a ministroke at the age of 49 - 15 yrs ago. He recovered quickly but as I said - had balance issues for a short period of time and still has tremors in his hand on the left side - so even mini-strokes sometimes have lasting effects. Conditions that can mimic strokes - are epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, inter-cranial tumors or infections such a meningitis, encephalitis and abscesses. I'm sure Selena is getting treatment and hope she gets well. I'm surprised that JJ isn't more in the picture as far as driving the girls around.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tessat said:

I really love this show - but it like Dance Moms has become so edited. Even watching the talking heads - a mom or Diana makes a comment on one issue and 2 minutes later when making another comment - they're in a whole totally different outfit - so we know these talking head have been filmed at least a day apart - maybe 3 days or more after the actual situation has taken place.

I again do not understand why Kayla can not recruit more dancers - another rouse? Isn't the studio the same one - Kayla considered renting many episodes ago? I know it's the same one that the girls practiced in when it they were competing in teams for Todrick. To have 1 competition - with a team you've worked with for a few weeks make your decision for your future on whether you win or lose is ridiculous. The gold team were the obvious winners but very old school - I thought I was back in the 80's with MC Hammer.

Thanks Topanga - my DH had a ministroke at the age of 49 - 15 yrs ago. He recovered quickly but as I said - had balance issues for a short period of time and still has tremors in his hand on the left side - so even mini-strokes sometimes have lasting effects. Conditions that can mimic strokes - are epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, inter-cranial tumors or infections such a meningitis, encephalitis and abscesses. I'm sure Selena is getting treatment and hope she gets well. I'm surprised that JJ isn't more in the picture as far as driving the girls around.

I was thinking a better use of Kayla time would have been peeking through the windows @ the workshop of the guest teachers for nationals.

It could be that the community can see that Kayla isn't ready to teach  (ie lack of name dropping resume) and/or doesn't have a product. Sounds like she is "trying" to run a pop-up free-style hip-hop only dance team.  Parents of students K-12 would be looking for a planned dance pgm, structure and permanent equipped facility . Young adults, 18+, who are not already working on their skills  in established setting, are going to need extensive time & training to compete. 

I.m getting a little tired of Diana making excuses for the girls not embracing jazz & lyrical. Other styles should be part of her class offerings and she should be has hard on them just like the majorette dances. Expression, technique and strength seemed to be an issue during the workshop. Cristiana actually said the lyrical is the opposite of  what she's been doing her whole life. 

I think if the guest teachers had a job or audition, to dance or perform in another style other than what they presented to the girls, they could. All 3 of then were great. ??

• Love 2

And Faith is also the one with the most diverse training coming in. Not surprised that she came out on top. 

Oh, and the “we”-yes, mom, you do the driving, support and cheerleading. But ultimately, it’s your child’s activity and her success or failure. Not yours. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, dmmetler said:

Sigh. Anyone smell a producer driven crossover? 

Star bound is actual show? Or are you saying it will be?

The show has felt heavily producer-driven all season. Dianna “quitting,” Chrystianna being on the Divas, no one coming to Kayla’s auditions, the uproar over the sleepover, and even the auditions for nationals. I’m sure it has been in other seasons as well, but this season, it seems really fake. My favorite episode of this season remains ‘Straight Outta Oz.’ That one seemed the least tampered with  

I still enjoy the show, though, and will watch till the bitter end. 

Do any of you watch the “best of” episodes. I like seeing clips from earlier seasons. 

• Love 2

Well I can't give out spoilers but there is no way the girls routines haven't been choreographed for some time. Princess was in the competition also so she wasn't left out - as well as the babydolls. I really hate when these teachers sell out and the viewing public only sees what production wants them too.

• Love 5

I’m sure it was producer driven just like Starbound competitions on dance moms, but they did a nice job.

i really, really hope they spliced in the Moms calling out at their girls, standing up, etc. Unless competition dance is different from other fine arts competitions, that kind of behavior isn’t appropriate. 

• Love 1
On 2/16/2018 at 1:29 PM, iluvobx said:

Olympics?  So many shows are on a break right now and I figure it is because of the Winter Olympics.

They're back! With another drawn out decision to see who'll become the next captain. I hope this one isn't as tiring as the last one. 

Wait, wait, wait.  Chrystianna’s mother said Rittany had her niece living with her and took her to practice because the mom had to work? I call BS on that one. Rittany becomes very tearful whenever she talks about Chrystianna coming to live with her because her mother couldn’t take of her. And Rittany fell in love and moved to Louisiana? If that’s true, I wonder if it was the guy she met online—the one we met.

I wish we had seen more than one stand battle with the Nashville team because I agree with Dianna that in the one clip we saw, the Dancing Dolls were clearly better. I can't wait till someone posts the entire thing on YouTube. 

But I liked the way Makaya threw the one stand we did see. Reminded me a little of Kayla's stand-throwing days. I just hope her asthma is okay. I do like that she was honest about being nervous and that the show allowed us a small glimpse into her true emotions. 

Is Kayla gone for good? I know the show was struggling to find a place for her, but I’ll miss her if she’s gone.