Type keyword(s) to search

Bring It! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thanks, CowboysFanatic! We only saw a tiny fraction of this performance on the show. And hearing the real music medly certainly makes a difference--loved the Aaliyah songs. The Dolls' choregraphy and performance certainly were the best. 

• Love 1

I wish they would show us a little more realism in what they call happens in a week and weekend. Not just the teams when they battle the Dolls but when they battle other teams in different areas.

1) From Chicago to Jackson MS is an 11 hr drive. Non stop, one way, steady speed all the way. And that is long trip to do on a weekend (leave Fri/return Sun) - which might mean hiring 2 coach bus drivers so they can be rested. If the team is not sponsored by the school, that means convincing administration week-after-week the child is traveling somewhere to get an excused absence. Yes, the team could fly but the teams portray themselves as "doing just ok" financially, so its a little unbelievable for everyone to cough up airfare , on top of what all else is going on, to fly here and then there. There is a Dallas team that has appeared a couple of times and I thought too that is a long way away..

2) Starting lets say at 5pm Monday night  (allowing time to get from school, get a bite to eat and maybe open a book) , Ms announces the upcoming weekends competition (which can be anywhere) and the theme of the competition. She start teaching brand new routines and formations, practices until 9 (which I may be a little conservative). That goes on 4 times a week.  Friday is used for travel and probably getting hair and nails done. So on a weeks notice she can find animals, build props and secure costumes?

• Love 1
On 1/18/2019 at 11:37 AM, topanga said:

Thanks, CowboysFanatic! We only saw a tiny fraction of this performance on the show. And hearing the real music medly certainly makes a difference--loved the Aaliyah songs. The Dolls' choregraphy and performance certainly were the best. 

You're welcome! I liked the routine with the boys so much that it made wish I had taken dance classes as a kid. Heck, I'd be in Texas dancing as a member of the Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue Dancers by now! LOL!

Although, I will say that the way they talked about the boys during rehearsals kind of bothered me. To my knowledge, they were already members of the D. Williams Dance Company (DWDC), which is a co-ed hip hop dance company that she started. I don't know how long the others have been part of it, but Terry's been part of it for a while. They compete, too, so... I don't know.

• Love 2
On 1/18/2019 at 1:27 AM, CowboysFanatic said:

All I know is that Crystianna won't be participating in the tour this year. Her mom and Rittany have announced that she wanted to take a break and enjoy being a teenager before the start of her senior year of high school.

She must be the one that quits.  I really liked Crystianna.

2 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

She must be the one that quits.  I really liked Crystianna.

I don't think so. It's been said that she pulled some muscles in her leg and had to sit out for a while. Yesterday, Rittany posted a comment under the preview post for next week's episode on Bring It's Official IG, and she wasn't pleased with how it came out.

58 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I don't think so. It's been said that she pulled some muscles in her leg and had to sit out for a while. Yesterday, Rittany posted a comment under the preview post for next week's episode on Bring It's Official IG, and she wasn't pleased with how it came out.

Is Rittany really in Louisiana? Texas? with her man? I miss her. 

• Love 1

Did I hear and see right ??

Baby-girl was in the hospital (ok probably was urgent care) , diagnosed with strep (which is highly contagious), had  fever = 100 degrees, says she gets winded easily, and she comes to practice shortly after 11:30 PM ???

While we all admire her "dedication" - some things just don't make sense from a health perspective.

I didn't care for how Ms. D stated Crystianna's absence - she made it sound like Crystianna's mom just decided to up and hop a plane to Michigan that day, for a personal appearance (ie Kardashian ). This isn't the jet setting/flying crowd -when they fly it is a pre-calculated financial move. There is more to this story. I wish she would have said something like " there was an opportunity for Crystianna that required her to travel out of state" - make it sound a little positive.

And so what the 2 newly-appointed captains were MIA - tell those 4-6  SRs that they need to rise to the occasion one more time, as they are still team members. To have a vote (to go to the upcoming battle) - then be mad about the vote - then to "con/guilt-trip" the girls into changing their vote to perform - Naw.. didn't care for that at all..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 1/18/2019 at 7:25 PM, sATL said:

I wish they would show us a little more realism in what they call happens in a week and weekend. Not just the teams when they battle the Dolls but when they battle other teams in different areas.

1) From Chicago to Jackson MS is an 11 hr drive. Non stop, one way, steady speed all the way. And that is long trip to do on a weekend (leave Fri/return Sun) - which might mean hiring 2 coach bus drivers so they can be rested. If the team is not sponsored by the school, that means convincing administration week-after-week the child is traveling somewhere to get an excused absence. Yes, the team could fly but the teams portray themselves as "doing just ok" financially, so its a little unbelievable for everyone to cough up airfare , on top of what all else is going on, to fly here and then there. There is a Dallas team that has appeared a couple of times and I thought too that is a long way away..

2) Starting lets say at 5pm Monday night  (allowing time to get from school, get a bite to eat and maybe open a book) , Ms announces the upcoming weekends competition (which can be anywhere) and the theme of the competition. She start teaching brand new routines and formations, practices until 9 (which I may be a little conservative). That goes on 4 times a week.  Friday is used for travel and probably getting hair and nails done. So on a weeks notice she can find animals, build props and secure costumes?

I think this was the summer season, which is why Kam and Faith are still there. No school to mess up the schedule. Usually the summers have the teams from further away (the team from Compton, the NYC trip, and the FL teams all happened in previous summer seasons). My recollection is Battle Royale ends the school year season, and then everything else is summers.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I found out what Kayla's been up to. She's now attending Stillman College, and is a member of the Stillman Tigerettes!

Good for her. I hated to see her become one of those girls who peaks in high school and does nothing with her life afterwards. 

1 hour ago, topanga said:

Good for her. I hated to see her become one of those girls who peaks in high school and does nothing with her life afterwards. 

We all know that Kayla wanted to stick around after her last competition season as a Doll to help out and gain experience as a coach so that she could open her own studio one day. I hated that it looked as if things weren't working out because of how Dianna wanted things done in the Dollhouse, but I'm glad she finally branched out.

• Love 1

Is there a sequal one day coming...Dolls Generation 2 ?  Both Camyrn and Makalah want to have their own dance team one day..hmmm. new competition for the Dolls.. or more studios for Diana's empire...

Kayla is at college huh?? I thought the young-woman didn't want to go... was going marry an Army soldier...Momma Tina couldn't give her a loving-but-gentle push out of the nest, let alone let her cross the state line and now Tina's found that courage? 

She looks great considering she's a couple of years older than probably most of the team (which makes a big difference in the dance world). According to the website, Stillman doesn't have a dance major ...wondering what classes/major is she studying...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Umm .. little pet peeve that is starting to bug me.. somebody up and gave ms. D a school-house white board on wheels.. Complete with a color coordinated set of dry ease markers, accessorized by clipping magnets. #GottaLoveTeacherSchoolSupplyLists

whiteboard.thumb.jpg.3fc6c305c5b7cc77667ce45aa00bc9e8.jpg

If the intent is to show the Dolls  their upcoming competitors- during what an athletic team would call a "film mtg"-   why are we looking at a 8x10 team/mgr photo and not a video when in this day and age there are plethora of ways to see a vid of a dance team ? Does it really matter what costumes they had on, who is the owner/mgr/choreo, how many mbrs that have/had and what they look like ? No. it matters how they dance.

show why the dance that made team xwy from Timbuktu (i'm waiting for the day a team travels countries/oceans to dance off against the Dolls)  are the grand champion.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 1/21/2019 at 2:11 PM, CowboysFanatic said:

I am sorry that Cristianna is/was injured but she still couldn't come to practice  even if she had to hobble on crutches or a sport leg brace ?   Athletes get do injured but as soon as they can be mobile, they do come to practice/games/competitions to cheer and be with the team. Its been said that lifts their spirits. I'm sure the young woman is still going to school. Would love to know how (ie which trick) was she doing when she pulled the muscle. I agree with Rittany - not a pleasing way the producers and/or Ms. D explained her absence on camera to us.

And that is another thing - I sometimes wish Ms.D would show them warming up and cooling down - ie the proper way to work out. Sometimes it appears that the dolls go from sitting on the floor doing minor leg stretches to dancing. After doing falls and jump-splitting on a floor all night, even thought the girls are young , they gotta to be doing something not to feel it the next day.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

I saw a clip in FB of Cameron dancing at a Southern game. She looks so much smaller than she appeared on Bring It!. On the show, she doesn't really appear to be a curvy girl, and she looks thick and solid. In this clip she appears to be a lot smaller, I'd almost call her petite, with a pretty small waistline and long slender legs (much more the way Deyja (sp??) looks on the show. I wonder if its something with the way the show is shot that makes the girls appear to be heavier than they actually are? Or did she simply lose weight in between high school and college.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I saw a clip in FB of Cameron dancing at a Southern game. She looks so much smaller than she appeared on Bring It!. On the show, she doesn't really appear to be a curvy girl, and she looks thick and solid. In this clip she appears to be a lot smaller, I'd almost call her petite, with a pretty small waistline and long slender legs (much more the way Deyja (sp??) looks on the show. I wonder if its something with the way the show is shot that makes the girls appear to be heavier than they actually are? Or did she simply lose weight in between high school and college.

You know what they say... The camera adds 10 lbs or more.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
  • Love 1

Kayla, Sunjai and Daija will be going on the Bring It Live Tour this year! I remember Mrs. Dianna said that production decides on who participates in the tour, but I'm guessing this decision was made because Camryn, Crystianna and Faith won't be available. I am surprised that Kayla and Sunjai will be, but I'm glad because Sunjai will get a chance to shine on stage with them. I know Daija graduates from high school this year, but confused as to why they included her in the announcement with two alumni. Anyway... I'm hoping to take advantage of the opportunity and get tickets for their show in Knoxville, TN this summer.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

You know what they say... The camera adds 10 lbs or more.

I think it is possible that someone in college had a heart to to heart with Cameron about fitness and what it means to be on a college dance team .  A football game can last for hours plus half time every week for 3-4 months not to mention parades. Does the dance team also perform during basketball season ?

It could also be she is now required to spend a little more time on the treadmill and weight room/yoga/Pilates/zumba class as well as fighting off the "freshman 15".  And on that note  - many colleges are re-vamping their food offerings, so she might be also eating better.

I guess Ms. D is somewhat limited in that part of training due to she is dealing with those still living at home and have little control over their meal selections. But I think she could bring in someone on the fitness part, though, as I do think of team could use a little "coaching" in that area. 

Not trying to pick on the Dolls - its just that I also watch another reality dance show where many of the auditionees are coming from the college dance world (ex. link) . Fitness matters in that field and many of the Dolls are 1-3 yrs away from entering college and have hopes to make the team.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Let me ask this... did camrym have an injury or illness where maybe the meds caused her to gain weight ? Yes, her make up is flawless, but she seems swollen.. she stayed hidden this episode . yes she had a her party and other grad events but missing this last hurrah of being in a music video, seemed a little of out character for her , in addition to he being all covered up (we only saw her head at practice)- didn't the other graduates have the same obligations ? Most area high schools graduate about the same time...

I also thought she had a big sweet 16 party - when Mimi gave her the Land Rover - or what that someone else ?

camryn_grad.png.38e67f42098f2ea76b4260c308a1e2c9.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

A video of the Jackson Dancing Dolls 2019 Auditions has been posted on YouTube and I'm sure y'all wanted to see it. Mrs. Dianna did post the lists of girls that made both squads, but only in numbers. She also mentioned that the first three numbers scored the highest of the older group of girls. I looked and it said numbers one through three, which were Crystianna, Kanarie and Shakira(?).

10:38, 38:22 and 55:50 shows Crystianna auditioning.

On 3/9/2019 at 8:55 AM, swimmom said:

Still wondering about Torrey. Odd they don't mention him ever.

I don’t know if you all have been following the off-screen drama with the DDPs. I’ve tried to avoid it, but I did watch a 2-part clip with Dianna addressing some of the rumors and accusations that Rittany and other parents have been broadcasting online. 

What I liked about Dianna’s clip is that it gave a lot of the behind the scenes information about the show. For example, she doesn’t choose the cast—parents, featured dancers, featured coaches, etc. From what I can recall, she recommended Torey to the producers to help teach the girls better dance technique. But it was the producers who cast him, and it sounds like they were the ones who decided not to bring him back this half of the season. And as we all know, the editing on reality shows really affects how people and situations are portrayed—usually steering it towards the negative. 

Anyway, here’s Dianna’s clip—SPOILER WARNING: 

Part 1

Part 2

Another warning: Dianna’s video might send you down a YouTube/IG rabbit hole to see some of the other parent videos. Rittany, plain and simple, is a bitter, jealous, ratchet, ghetto hood rat. On her video, I didn’t even get to the part where she aired her grievances because the first five minutes were all, “Dianna is a f-ing B. F that B. She’s such a liar. I don’t even F with that lying B.” On and on…

--Even Tamia made a video where she spent the first five minutes ranting about Dianna but not really saying anything. 

And supposedly there’s a live video with some of the current DDPs complaining about Dianna and the dance team itself. I haven’t seen this video. But allegedly Brandon (Angel and Angela’s uncle) says he “can’t stand” Princess because she’s phony.  Um, Brandon, aren’t you a grown man, and Princess is a 14 or 15-year-old CHILD? What is wrong with you?

Anyway, I hate that the kids are witnessing the stupidity of their parents and being affected by their mess. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, topanga said:

I don’t know if you all have been following the off-screen drama with the DDPs. I’ve tried to avoid it, but I did watch a 2-part clip with Dianna addressing some of the rumors and accusations that Rittany and other parents have been broadcasting online. 

What I liked about Dianna’s clip is that it gave a lot of the behind the scenes information about the show. For example, she doesn’t choose the cast—parents, featured dancers, featured coaches, etc. From what I can recall, she recommended Torey to the producers to help teach the girls better dance technique. But it was the producers who cast him, and it sounds like they were the ones who decided not to bring him back this half of the season. And as we all know, the editing on reality shows really affects how people and situations are portrayed—usually steering it towards the negative. 

Anyway, here’s Dianna’s clip—SPOILER WARNING: 

Part 1

Part 2

Another warning: Dianna’s video might send you down a YouTube/IG rabbit hole to see some of the other parent videos. Rittany, plain and simple, is a bitter, jealous, ratchet, ghetto hood rat. On her video, I didn’t even get to the part where she aired her grievances because the first five minutes were all, “Dianna is a f-ing B. F that B. She’s such a liar. I don’t even F with that lying B.” On and on…

--Even Tamia made a video where she spent the first five minutes ranting about Dianna but not really saying anything. 

And supposedly there’s a live video with some of the current DDPs complaining about Dianna and the dance team itself. I haven’t seen this video. But allegedly Brandon (Angel and Angela’s uncle) says he “can’t stand” Princess because she’s phony.  Um, Brandon, aren’t you a grown man, and Princess is a 14 or 15-year-old CHILD? What is wrong with you?

Anyway, I hate that the kids are witnessing the stupidity of their parents and being affected by their mess. 

Thank you for this.  I had wondered about some of the things.  I always felt that Chrystianna was caught in the middle between Dianna and Rittany and that Rittany wasn't always doing what was best for Chrystianna.  Really couldn't believe that as hard as her aunt & mom pushed Chrystianna about becoming Capt, that when she does, they yank her.    

Princess and her mom are only there for the exposure and not because of the dancing.    This reminds me so much of another "dance" show that involved the parents.  Look how that turned out.  

I do miss Torey.  As for Marquell, if you look closely in past episodes, you can see him standing beside Dianna coaching.  I think Marquell has been with Dianna for a long time.  All I know is, this half season has not been as enjoyable as the past.  I miss the stands.

Edited by iluvobx
I watched the whole video :)
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, iluvobx said:

All I know is, this half season has not been as enjoyable as the past.  I miss the stands.

Same here. Dianna and the girls seem like they’re tired of doing the show. I wonder if this will be the last season..

• Love 2

Well, I was scrolling on Instagram and discovered that Tanishia and Princess decided to leave Jackson. I don't know why and I'm not questioning it, but Princess participated in the auditions for the Dolls at the ATL location and.... She was chosen to be the head captain.

• Love 1
On 3/14/2019 at 9:14 PM, topanga said:

Same here. Dianna and the girls seem like they’re tired of doing the show. I wonder if this will be the last season..

I.m so glad this was posted. I thought it was just me. This isn't the same show I looked forward to at the end of the week 4-5 yrs ago. Yeah- i.m still a little upset about the move to Thursday night. Bring it is a show that makes more sense on Friday - Sunday night.

I think the show had /has so much potential as to what a small business woman owner could achieve mentoring and training young girls/women. So many of the girls had teen mothers ( everyone, right? - a side story I wish would be expanded upon)  and it's nice to see a success story.

I wonder since now the B team is "moving up" into the spotlight, if there  are some contract issues going on with the girls/ parents.

I think part of the difference is

Dear Producer(s) - 

• Dianna is under too much stress and it shows on camera. Sell off Birmingham and the Atlanta location. We didn't see her hubby much this season- are things ok on the home front ?
  • Stop touring every year. Even the best of artists don't have a tour every year
  • Take a year off from every competition to develop a new team . develop the babies. Become a big fish in the city of Jackson, MS pond again. While I liked seeing Kayla and Sunjay make an appearance- 20+ don't need to be with high schoolers. Do a TH follow up with the graduates - just to keep us posted. But at this point there are more graduates that current dolls to learn about.
  • Make some honest decision about the B- team members. Love Sky & Star but are they getting technically better and they're in what the 11th grade, now?
  • the young men - they too need more technical training. At times they look like they're in the way.
  • more dancing. Take the creative down a notch as it seems to cause more stress than good.
  • Graduate the DDPs.. need new momma's of the new  & current students.

I did see a commercial that Abby Lee Dance will be back on the air soon. Diana might be feeling a little pressure from the network too.

Edited by sATL
edited to direct comments to producers
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Well, I was scrolling on Instagram and discovered that Tanishia and Princess decided to leave Jackson. I don't know why and I'm not questioning it, but Princess participated in the auditions for the Dolls at the ATL location and.... She was chosen to be the head captain.

?? Princess & her mom moved commute from Memphis to jackson and now Atlanta? Momma doesn't have a husband ( significant other) , other children, and / or a job ?

Am I missing something in princess talent/ skills given the length she's been doing this?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, sATL said:

I think the show had /has so much potential as to what a small business woman owner could achieve mentoring and training young girls/women. So many of the girls had teen mothers ( everyone, right? - a side story I wish would be expanded upon)  and it's nice to see a success story.

I wonder since now the B team is "moving up" into the spotlight, if there  are some contract issues going on with the girls/ parents.

In the FB Live posted above, Diana seemed to say that the decisions about which girls/parents were included in the show is 100% the decision of production. I didn't check the credits, but she made it sound like she does not have any responsibility as a producer and therefore, that she doesn't get to pick and choose who from the "A" or "B" teams are part of the show. According to her, both the moms and the kids audition separately. So a kid might be on because the mother was chosen, and not because the kid is a top dancer and vice versa.

• Dianna is under too much stress and it shows on camera. Sell off Birmingham and the Atlanta location. We didn't see her hubby much this season- are things ok on the home front ?

Diana moved to ATL, which isn't part of the show, but is definitely part of the reason for all the drama in Jackson. She said in her FB live that she made the decision to do so because it was better for her family and would give her the opportunity to pursue other things -not just running the dollhouse. Evidently, many of the Jackson parents are upset and feel she is abandoning them.

• Take a year off from every competition to develop a new team . develop the babies. Become a big fish in the city of Jackson, MS pond again. While I liked seeing Kayla and Sunjay make an appearance- 20+ don't need to be with high schoolers. Do a TH follow up with the graduates - just to keep us posted. But at this point there are more graduates that current dolls to learn about.

This isn't really an option. Families come to the Dollhouse to participate in a full dance program, the idea being that you always want to be developing kids that are good enough to move up and step into the shoes of the ones before them. In any competitive based youth program - sports, chess, robotics, whatever - you will always have those years where the kids coming in are not as good as those leaving, and the ones left behind have less talent/experience. The difference is that for the purposes of the show, they don't want those fluctuations in quality. That's why they import kids like Princess and the little girl from NYC.

• Make some honest decision about the B- team members. Love Sky & Star but are they getting technically better and they're in what the 11th grade, now?
  • the young men - they too need more technical training. At times they look like they're in the way.
  • more dancing. Take the creative down a notch as it seems to cause more stress than good.
  • Graduate the DDPs.. need new momma's of the new  & current students.

All four of these are production driven and not necessarily reflective of the way the team runs in real life. Dianna mentioned in the FB Live that she gets $2500 per show to put on creative/stands. That covers costumes, props, music, and any other special needs. In reality, the kids would perform some of these dances multiple times throughout the season, not learn a dance once then never use it again. As for the technical training, she mentioned that Torrey was brought in at her suggestion by production to provide a more technical training for the girls. He's gone now, and that also seemed to be driven by production/mutual agreement, not by Dianna or the Dollhouse. 

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

In the FB Live posted above, Diana seemed to say that the decisions about which girls/parents were included in the show is 100% the decision of production. I didn't check the credits, but she made it sound like she does not have any responsibility as a producer and therefore, that she doesn't get to pick and choose who from the "A" or "B" teams are part of the show. According to her, both the moms and the kids audition separately. So a kid might be on because the mother was chosen, and not because the kid is a top dancer and vice versa.

Diana moved to ATL, which isn't part of the show, but is definitely part of the reason for all the drama in Jackson. She said in her FB live that she made the decision to do so because it was better for her family and would give her the opportunity to pursue other things -not just running the dollhouse. Evidently, many of the Jackson parents are upset and feel she is abandoning them.

This isn't really an option. Families come to the Dollhouse to participate in a full dance program, the idea being that you always want to be developing kids that are good enough to move up and step into the shoes of the ones before them. In any competitive based youth program - sports, chess, robotics, whatever - you will always have those years where the kids coming in are not as good as those leaving, and the ones left behind have less talent/experience. The difference is that for the purposes of the show, they don't want those fluctuations in quality. That's why they import kids like Princess and the little girl from NYC.

All four of these are production driven and not necessarily reflective of the way the team runs in real life. Dianna mentioned in the FB Live that she gets $2500 per show to put on creative/stands. That covers costumes, props, music, and any other special needs. In reality, the kids would perform some of these dances multiple times throughout the season, not learn a dance once then never use it again. As for the technical training, she mentioned that Torrey was brought in at her suggestion by production to provide a more technical training for the girls. He's gone now, and that also seemed to be driven by production/mutual agreement, not by Dianna or the Dollhouse. 

So the show is fine or better as is??

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, sATL said:

So the show is fine or better as is??

No, I don't think the show is fine. But, I think that the direction of the show is driven by the producers and that many of the things you noted as needed changes are only controlled by production, and not by Dianna as the owner of the Dolls or the Dollhouse(s). The only one I think she controls is her presence or absence in Jackson, and she's made clear that she would be making this move, even if the show goes away. She wants to capitalize on the success of the show and move to the next level as a dancer and choreographer, and the work just isn't in Jackson. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

No, I don't think the show is fine. But, I think that the direction of the show is driven by the producers and that many of the things you noted as needed changes are only controlled by production, and not by Dianna as the owner of the Dolls or the Dollhouse(s). The only one I think she controls is her presence or absence in Jackson, and she's made clear that she would be making this move, even if the show goes away. She wants to capitalize on the success of the show and move to the next level as a dancer and choreographer, and the work just isn't in Jackson. 

k. changed comments to be directed towards producers, since they are out of Diana's control.

I didn't know she moved from Jackson to ATL.

• Love 1
On 3/17/2019 at 8:35 PM, sATL said:

?? Princess & her mom moved commute from Memphis to jackson and now Atlanta? Momma doesn't have a husband ( significant other) , other children, and / or a job ?

Am I missing something in princess talent/ skills given the length she's been doing this?

I should've worded that differently. I knew that Princess and her mom didn't move to Mississippi, but they should've because taking a six hour drive from one place to another is a bit much when it becomes part of the daily routine.

• Love 1

RE; Coach D moving to Atlanta... she's coming back... strong woman as there are those who would hold a grudge after what happened the first time. Yeah - not everything is peachy in "Hotlanta"...

From ( link ) - 

"Prior to opening the Jackson Dollhouse Dance Factory, Williams moved to Sandy Springs, Georgia due to the relocation of her husband’s job. While living in Georgia, Williams’ family faced many trials and tribulations.

Her husband lost his job, her car was repossessed and her family was evicted from their home. After encountering so many losses, her husband suggested that they move back to Jackson, so she can continue coaching dance and finally open her own studio.

Shifting her focus in 2010 to developing the Dancing Dolls dance team, Williams opened the original Dollhouse Dance Factory in Jackson, Mississippi."

• Love 1
On 3/19/2019 at 2:32 AM, CowboysFanatic said:

I should've worded that differently. I knew that Princess and her mom didn't move to Mississippi, but they should've because taking a six hour drive from one place to another is a bit much when it becomes part of the daily routine.

I'm guessing that is another producer driven story line. I think they probably stay in Jackson T-Sat and drive home for Sun, Mon.

I'm looking forward to an Atl show based team - like the original Dance Moms - it's getting stale. The dancers I like are gone except for Makaya and Daija. I was never a fan of Star or Skye as neither has a personality. I'll be glad to say bye-bye to mimi and Selena and Tina.

They changed things up and didn't give us an end to the season championship show which to me is more enjoyable than what goes on in the tour as Diana pretty much explained that to us in her video. That one dance of Kayla's wasn't even interesting - she's known for bucking not dancing slowly around in a muu muu which only accentuated her size.

Looking forward to the new Dance Moms and the new Bring It. The parents have nothing to complain about. Their children have had experiences they never would have had otherwise and it opened the door for many.

• Love 1
On 3/22/2019 at 7:09 AM, scrappydoo said:

I'm guessing that is another producer driven story line. I think they probably stay in Jackson T-Sat and drive home for Sun, Mon.

I'm looking forward to an Atl show based team - like the original Dance Moms - it's getting stale. The dancers I like are gone except for Makaya and Daija. I was never a fan of Star or Skye as neither has a personality. I'll be glad to say bye-bye to mimi and Selena and Tina.

They changed things up and didn't give us an end to the season championship show which to me is more enjoyable than what goes on in the tour as Diana pretty much explained that to us in her video. That one dance of Kayla's wasn't even interesting - she's known for bucking not dancing slowly around in a muu muu which only accentuated her size.

Looking forward to the new Dance Moms and the new Bring It. The parents have nothing to complain about. Their children have had experiences they never would have had otherwise and it opened the door for many.

Because she claimed to be doing a solo dance to combat the bullying remarks made on SM, all I can say is the opening outfit and the first part of the dance , to quote Coach D , "needs to have the hands of God touching it".

Was the solo the only routine she did for the show ?

kayla_mumu.jpg.05fde93496f7a2cfd075e26699e3b5d9.jpg

Edited by sATL

The testimonies of the fans were beautiful, This is why the show needs to get to back to its roots - they are impacting, motivating and inspiring girls/young women lives . 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Well... Judging by one of Mrs. Dianna's recent posts on Instagram, another Doll has relocated to Atlanta.

UPDATE! Mrs. Dianna clarified that this young lady has been with the Atlanta squad since Spring '18 and will be graduating high school in May.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
Got more info after my previous post.
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

UPDATE! Mrs. Dianna clarified that this young lady has been with the Atlanta squad since Spring '18 and will be graduating high school in May.

So, did she or did she not move from NY?  This show has become so out of whack.  Wish they would go back to the old format of the stand battles.  That is why I watched and so sick of the nonsense of the DDP's.  Way too much-manufactured drama.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, iluvobx said:

So, did she or did she not move from NY?  This show has become so out of whack.  Wish they would go back to the old format of the stand battles.  That is why I watched and so sick of the nonsense of the DDP's.  Way too much-manufactured drama.

Same here. I wonder if the show— if it continues— will air from ATL

On 3/26/2019 at 10:31 AM, iluvobx said:

Pardon me for saying this, but what kind of question is that?

I know some of the story lines seem fabricated, like Crystianna leaving the Dolls to be part of the DOB, but Jaylene and her mother moving from one state to another to be on a well known dance team doesn't seem like one.

Their Instagram pages kept giving me mixed signals. By not posting as much and not clarifying anything, I started to think that Jaylene left to be part of a performing arts studio somewhere, but I'm glad to see that she's still a Doll after seeing Mrs. Dianna's recent posts.

• Love 1

Here's a link to one of the new teams stand battles - If they do show the Atlanta team I think I'm going to like it as these girls are talented. More so than the B team in Jackson as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ewZmyl5wo&t=278s

• Love 1
On 3/26/2019 at 7:51 PM, topanga said:

Same here. I wonder if the show— if it continues— will air from ATL

Going out on  a limb here.. but one of the reasons I liked the early seasons of the show was b/c it did NOT film in ATL.

I know the ATL is seen as the "promise-to-all-kinds-of glory-and-opportunity" (in many different categories). However, there are millions of people who live in other major US cities and ATL filmed shows are on the air enough as it is.

It was refreshing to see Jackson MS and the struggles both economically and culturally, those young & the Moms  face every day. The background story and journey/experiences of someone who grew-up and lives in Jackson is going to be different than someone in ATL.

I guess Dollhouse-Birmingham is out of the running... 😞

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
On 3/28/2019 at 1:47 AM, CowboysFanatic said:

Here's the full video that was posted of the Atlanta Squad's pom routine from a competition.

Has it ever been discussed who is in charge of the "hair" for the routines? Like who picks out the style,color and does the service - given the dolls have practice and school? then the upkeep? 

9 hours ago, sATL said:

Has it ever been discussed who is in charge of the "hair" for the routines? Like who picks out the style,color and does the service - given the dolls have practice and school? then the upkeep? 

I think that many of the girls are in wigs or weaves. The hair is simply too uniform in style and length in this video for it to be 100% natural hair. In Jackson, it was clear that everyone was doing their own thing, although the styling was similar for routines (ponytails, updos, etc). I'm always checking these girls edges, because its clear that some of them, even at these young ages are doing too much and stressing their natural tresses. Its also interesting when we see what is clearly their natural hair. So far I've seen Chrystiana, Cameron, Faith, Dejia, and Makayla with what is clearly their god-given hair in their talking heads. Others, like Kayla, Sun and Sky, I only every see in wigs or with weaves in.

• Love 1

DD of Atl Field Show - these girls are so talented for the small amt of time she's been working with them. We now have the DD's, babies and mini squads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18oSe2ek0-A

Here's another video of tryout - these small ones are so cute! It's 3 hours but at the end she announces the captains and co-captains of each squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3--FevbOlI

• Love 1