Type keyword(s) to search

Bring It! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is star or sky joining the ballot  to be captian - at selena encouragement / pushing?

I don't think either one is strong enough to be THE captain. Perhaps one of the co-captains or a section leader, but both are super-shy-seeming on tv and even among the girls, they seem to hang back in the shadows..

• Love 1
(edited)

Did Angel and Angela's uncle get demoted? I think he was with the other parents in the audience during the competition, but was not on the sidewalk watching with the others during practices. What about the other mom who was new last season with Princess' mom?

During the previous "who is going to be the captain" season I thought Camryn was a lock for it. So that being drawn out a whole season was pretty anti-climatic. I am unsure if Chrystianna is a lock for the captain's position this season. I do like seeing some of the other girls having a chance to shine though.

For some reason I always thought that Chrystianna's mother was out of the picture. So I was surprised when she showed up and Rittany was gone. I felt that something seemed hinky with Rittany leaving without some sort of goodbye or something. She seemed very invested in Chrystianna and the Dancing Dolls, so I am shocked that she is gone.

Glad to see Selena is doing better.

I really liked Jaylene, so I hope she sticks around. I really did not mind her mom either.

Faith is probably my favorite on the show, so I am going to miss her when she leaves. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I don't think either one is strong enough to be THE captain. Perhaps one of the co-captains or a section leader, but both are super-shy-seeming on tv and even among the girls, they seem to hang back in the shadows..

like I said at selena's pushing/encouragement... I'm sure Selena will find a way to wiggle them into trying out for a position.

I was shocked about Rittany.  Something really isn't right about that, I don't see her running off and leaving Chrystianna.  She raised Chrystianna not her mother.  Rittany was there for her when her dad was murdered.  Another thing I noticed, if Chrystianna's mother is younger than Rittany, that means she had Chyrstianna when she was around 14.  Maybe it was decided that Ms. D and Rittany didn't need to be in the same room anymore.   I did notice Brandon not being on the porch with the ladies.

Glad to see Selena back and feeling better.  Maybe with her illness, Starr & Skye were more concerned about her than dancing.  I wonder where Ann is.  I actually liked her, especially since she was a "new" mom on the porch. Maybe she didn't bring enough drama?  They need someone on the porch with some sense. 

Still call BS on Princess and her commute.  No way she spends 6 hours a day travel, plus the practice time not to mention school work.

Just think, this is the last year we have to put up with Mimi.  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, iluvobx said:

Just think, this is the last year we have to put up with Mimi.  

I will mis Camryn, though. She’s still a sweet little girl most of the time. 

Nothing from the show?

I still call BS on that woman being Chrystiana's mother or at least the story that was told about Chrystiana and Rittany in the beginning.  IF that is Rittany's youger sister and has a 19 year old son, then WTF!  Ritanny is what? 31 or 32.

57 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

Nothing from the show?

I still call BS on that woman being Chrystiana's mother or at least the story that was told about Chrystiana and Rittany in the beginning.  IF that is Rittany's youger sister and has a 19 year old son, then WTF!  Ritanny is what? 31 or 32.

Is she younger than Rittany?

And did we ever see the conclusion of the Homecoming drama?Did Star go?(I fell asleep on the episode). 

They referred to her as Rittany's younger sister.

I'm wondering if she is even Chrystianna's mother.  Has anyone else noticed that there are no interactions between them?  Maybe Rittany is still around just not on cam.

I don't get the letter business she was awaiting for college letters... my offspring got notified yay or nay via email.. then the letter came. One school even told him to check online after midnight on a certain date/time via some link to see what the decision was.

What the hell did Mimi have on during the Southern University Campus visit? And she is a hairstylist right? My God, the man who greeted them had on a suit/tux..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
On 3/12/2018 at 12:40 PM, iluvobx said:

They referred to her as Rittany's younger sister.

I'm wondering if she is even Chrystianna's mother.  Has anyone else noticed that there are no interactions between them?  Maybe Rittany is still around just not on cam.

That is so true. Chrystianna never mentions her or Rittany in her THs. Now I want to know the real story. 

20 hours ago, sATL said:

I don't get the letter business she was awaiting for college letters... my offspring got notified yay or nay via email.. then the letter came. One school even told him to check online after midnight on a certain date/time via some link to see what the decision was.

If that was TV drama, it fell flat. You're right--kids don't go through the mail anymore looking for college acceptances. They come via email. Unless HBCUs are different. 

That mess with the group texts--I don't know if it happened exactly when the show said it happened, but it certainly seemed real. Dianna and the girls' reactions were heartbreaking. I liked that Dianna addressed the situation head-on. I do wish she'd added something about girls and women not tearing each other down. But maybe she did off-camera. 

Part of me wishes Princess would have clapped back with something like, "If I wasn't better than all of y'all, Miss Dianna wouldn't be considering me for captain." But she took the high road, which is even better. 

I just don't get this week's competition. How were the teams being judged? Choreography? Their similarity to the colleges they were representing? I was confused. 

And I'm not a dancer, but this "first place or nothing" attitude bothers me. It's that way in the pageant circuit as well. These girls are being raised to believe that if they don't get first place, then their hard work and accomplishments mean absolutely nothing. Is that healthy? They will not get first place every single time they compete. That's just life. 

23 minutes ago, topanga said:

That is so true. Chrystianna never mentions her or Rittany in her THs. Now I want to know the real story. 

If that was TV drama, it fell flat. You're right--kids don't go through the mail anymore looking for college acceptances. They come via email. Unless HBCUs are different. 

That mess with the group texts--I don't know if it happened exactly when the show said it happened, but it certainly seemed real. Dianna and the girls' reactions were heartbreaking. I liked that Dianna addressed the situation head-on. I do wish she'd added something about girls and women not tearing each other down. But maybe she did off-camera. 

Part of me wishes Princess would have clapped back with something like, "If I wasn't better than all of y'all, Miss Dianna wouldn't be considering me for captain." But she took the high road, which is even better. 

I just don't get this week's competition. How were the teams being judged? Choreography? Their similarity to the colleges they were representing? I was confused. 

And I'm not a dancer, but this "first place or nothing" attitude bothers me. It's that way in the pageant circuit as well. These girls are being raised to believe that if they don't get first place, then their hard work and accomplishments mean absolutely nothing. Is that healthy? They will not get first place every single time they compete. That's just life. 

At least they have shown Rittany and Chrystianna driving to the doll house together and interacting with each other.  Plus, I believe both have said that Ritanny basically raised Chrystianna.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

At least they have shown Rittany and Chrystianna driving to the doll house together and interacting with each other.  Plus, I believe both have said that Ritanny basically raised Chrystianna.

True. I just meant that C hasn’t mentioned Rittany this season. e.g., “My aunt moved away, but now my mom is here supporting me...”

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, topanga said:

I think Dianna does walk the line here appropriately. She is constantly challenging the girls to be and do their best, but when they fall short, she often says things like "I thought my girls were best, but the judges didn't see it and ultimately they make the decision". Despite the one episode where they threw the 2nd place trophy away, I think that she handles the competition issue appropriately, while trying to also keep the girls focused on always giving 100% and doing their best.

• Love 2

No disrespect - but I don't care for newcomers outside of Jackson added to the show. Add the growing baby dolls &  or other girls from the area - like someone who tried out for the team before. 

Last season it was a newcomer from Memphis, now its NYC.  The thought of someone leaving NYC, who is in performing arts who is training in a totally different style, to go to Jackson, MS is a bit of a stretch for me. Yes, come for a camp, workshop, but a whole season...nah..

Anyone catch the ingredients for the gumbo? one thing is a little obvious with the moms - yeah, they can probably throw down in the kitchen. 

Here is a recipe the Asopao . ( link ) . looks like there are several versions of Asopao.

The judge should not have been present during the cook - Tina always has to be seen & heard. And they should have added two more parents - to make 3 judges

• Love 2

I've decided to quit posting here - not because of you girls! - but had to come back and say - this last episode was the most enjoyable show I have seen from any reality show. To see the groups coming from across the nation - brought tears to my eyes!

Despite scripting and editing - this episode shows what a great community of dancers they have. 

• Love 7

I’ve been listening to some AfterBuzz reviews of previous seasons. It’s a fun walk down memory lane. 

But what happened to some of the other dance teams they used to battle, like Fierce Elite, the Southern Royalettes, and the something-something of Macon. I mean, I like some of the new dance teams, but I miss the old ones, too. 

• Love 1

I don't get it, if Princess was the Capt of the Dancing Tigerettes, then why does she always look like a deer caught in the headlights when she is the Capt for the week?  Still call bullshit on them driving 6 hours a day to be a DD.  When would she have time for school and all that?

I am soooo over the shit on the porch too with the moms.  That "psychic" was pure crap!  If she had watched just one episode of the show, she would have known what to say.  That was a waste of my time.

I miss the battles.  I want to see more of the battles.

Never thought I would say this but I miss Brandon on the porch.  Wonder why they kicked him to the curb?

• Love 3

My take on the Princess thing is that she was essentially a big fish in a little pond. Prancing Tigerettes had a much smaller squad than DDs. Now, she's on a team where instead of 4-5 good dancers there are 10-15. And those girls don't look at here and see an amazing dancer, they see someone they beat a bunch of times, so they are a little over it. 

I also don't understand the whole Faith thing. If she's graduating from HS this year, let her finish out the school year then move to the ATL. She can go to college part-time and try her hand at acting. The concept that she needs to drop out of school today or else she's going to miss her chance seems pretty far-fetched to me. Also, what does her daddy do that he's palling around with managers and agents?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

My take on the Princess thing is that she was essentially a big fish in a little pond. Prancing Tigerettes had a much smaller squad than DDs. Now, she's on a team where instead of 4-5 good dancers there are 10-15. And those girls don't look at here and see an amazing dancer, they see someone they beat a bunch of times, so they are a little over it. 

I also don't understand the whole Faith thing. If she's graduating from HS this year, let her finish out the school year then move to the ATL. She can go to college part-time and try her hand at acting. The concept that she needs to drop out of school today or else she's going to miss her chance seems pretty far-fetched to me. Also, what does her daddy do that he's palling around with managers and agents?

I always thought that Faith's father was a preacher.

Speaking from first-hand knowledge, do not change schools in your senior year, especially midway through.  This is stupid and for Dana to even entertain the idea is ridiculous!

• Love 2

I think it’s Faiths uncle who is a preacher.

i always viewed Faith a very sweet and level headed, and a serious student, so I’m kind of skeptical where this whole storyline is coming from.  

Hi, I’m new to this forum, but I am A super fan of the show and I’ve been to a couple of the competitions, read through the feed and wanted to give my thoughts;

I also thought it was Faith’s Dad that was the minister - because when she first joined the team there was an episode where her Dad didn’t want her to be on the team/dance in one of the performances because of the type of dancing they did.  Then he went to the competition and was so moved by her performance that he gave his permission for her to be on the team - now we find out he’s in the music biz and has moved to ATL - I guess the original storyline was all for TV.  

I attended the Buck or Die competition that Diana created and I most of the teams that performed - many of which we see on the show - Quincy’s team, Tyrus’ (?sp) team just aren’t as good as the DD, so it’s not a surprise that they win the majority of the time, which is probably why a lot of the competition is cut out. The Competition showcased the Birmingham DD’s and the baby dancing dolls and they were really good.

I miss the dancing on this show - when it first aired besides from the porch drama and the bickering between Diana and the Mom’s we got to a see a lot more dancing, now the show if filled with driving back and forth to practice, one off competition’s and increased - although seemingly made-up DDP drama. 

I also agree that we need to see less of Mimi.

• Love 3
(edited)

Selena needs to watch her hell raising over bullsh*t ... didn't the woman just have a stroke?  Didn't the Dr advise her about watching her stress levels? 

She knew damn will practice uniforms were issued. Not to mention the twins are big enough to do their own laundry, so it is really no excuse the clothes weren't ready for practice.  She should have went home and re-read the team rules contract she signed before making a scene. No need of charging up Ms. D, dropping names of other girls,  and having one of the twins at home crying at the counter. Come up with a plan to do the laundry on-time and/or buy an extra practice uniform set.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

What's happened to the rest of the season ? I think the show always took a mini vacation around Easter/Spring break, but I was surprised no show tonight (4/13/18). Lifetime is re-running Grey's Anatomy (all evening) and not their typical Friday night shows - ie younger casts/tweens/ young adult shows. Next week, my cable guide has a movie listed.  It's like Lifetime is "phoning it in".

The shows normally ends a season with some kind of major battle. What about Kayla's wedding? - that is good for an episode or two.

Is this a ploy for us to get a hunger to buy tix to the summer tour, if it is coming to a city near us ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

Yes, last week my DVR said an episode was supposed to air last night. I wonder if this is the last season for the show. Certain storylines have become repetitive, although I always tune in for the dancing. But there’s less dancing and more manufacturerd drama these days. 

I do want to find out what happens to Faith, Chrystianna, Camryn, and Kayla, among others. I suppose I could folloe them on Instagram. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 3

sneak peek aired :  Thur 8/2...

the show is moving to Thursday night... why???? 

The show is a wonderful ending to the workweek... - loved having it on Friday night... not to mention I watch another dance reality show on Thursdays.

Why can't Lifetime leave well enough alone ???

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, sATL said:

sneak peek aired :  Thur 8/2...

the show is moving to Thursday night... why???? 

The show is a wonderful ending to the workweek... - loved having it on Friday night... not to mention I watch another dance reality show on Thursdays.

Why can't Lifetime leave well enough alone ???

Wait, what??? Yeah, this was my Friday night show. 

3 hours ago, iluvobx said:

Where is everyone?

Does anyone know how Selina is?

I assume that she was okay, since her talking head was filmed post the seizure. She talked past tense about how she was feeling at the time.

ETA: I wish they would spend more time with the girls actually dancing and less time on the drama with the mamas. Having said that I was impressed that Rittany managed to get her sister to say something nice about another doll. I also want for them to showcase all of the potential captains. I feel like I only really get to see Kristianna and Princess with a smattering of Dejah here and there.

Edited by Rlb8031
one more thought
  • Love 1

Ok, I am going to ask.  With the previews of the new season starting in Jan., who really believes that both Chrystianna and Myklea both walked out on Ms. Dianne?  Why would they walk out too?

Are they bringing in male dancers because that is the way to win now or just for the show?  With some of the show favorite dancers graduating, they think bringing in guys will keep the audience?  (Some of them looked a lot older than high schoolers). As for the Birmingham coach coming in, he was in the Dollhouse before Birmingham was started.  We have seen him in the past with Dianne.

• Love 1

sorry so,so late to the party... Thursday has become a hot tv night... and I've been chatting on other boards.. :)

The episode where Selena was transported via ambulance has rolled off my DVR (I hate those fan chat repeats)... What is her health issue(s)? One doesn't have a seizure .. and was it stroke last year, w/o some kind of medical diagnosis. and Prognosis.

Diana is starting to lose me... she rode in on a big smelly camel? I'm impressed they found one in LA - outside of the zoo. Which all was staged given the Battle Royal looked like it was at some kind state fair pavilion - as opposed to a gym  or theater.

Did they announced what the grads are going to do after graduation ? Faith (going to ATL)? Ken Jane , the valedictorian ? I saw the episode where Cameryn got accepting somewhere  (the paper acceptance letter)- to the school of her "dreams" and she hopes to make the dance team.

Edited by sATL

slowly catching up....

Forgive me for saying this... I know I am talking about someone's child.. and beautiful sweet young ladies..

Has Makya and Christiana gained a significant amount of weight ? Maybe I noticed it more b/c they are getting more camera time.

Again forgive me. I hope the young ladies get the nutritional, fitness and toning help they need to be the best dancer they can be.

While I am on the subject of someone's child - Diana I would just caution you coming so hard and yelling at the Birmingham babies. You are screaming at them like they are a 200 lb 24 yr-old NFL  linebacker. These are elementary school girls.  You could cause more long term damage that you will never know by screaming at them. Its just a dance competition, damn. Take out your stress and frustrations on a punching bag at the gym.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 9/7/2018 at 6:56 PM, sATL said:

slowly catching up....

Forgive me for saying this... I know I am talking about someone's child.. and beautiful sweet young ladies..

Has Makya and Christiana gained a significant amount of weight ? Maybe I noticed it more b/c they are getting more camera time.

Again forgive me. I hope the young ladies get the nutritional, fitness and toning help they need to be the best dancer they can be.

While I am on the subject of someone's child - Diana I would just caution you coming so hard and yelling at the Birmingham babies. You are screaming at them like they are a 200 lb 24 yr-old NFL  linebacker. These are elementary school girls.  You could cause more long term damage that you will never know by screaming at them. Its just a dance competition, damn. Take out your stress and frustrations on a punching bag at the gym.

Kudos to your entire post.

Yes, Crystianna seems to have gained weight, especially in her lower body. IMO, it has affected her ability to leap, buck, and perform some of the other agility dance moves she normally does so well. Makaya has always been curvy--I personally haven't noticed much change in her weight.

A few years ago we had a long discussion in this thread about the girls' fitness and nutrition--it was during Kayla's senior year, when she'd gained a significant amount of weight. I doubt the girls get any kind of nutrition advice or information. There was at least one video of the girls' moms fixing dinner at home--something processed with a high sodium content.  And Dianna herself brags about eating like crap. The difference is, Dianna is naturally slim. These girls have obese aunts and mothers (except for Mimi), which already increases their risk for obesity. Yes, they exercise like crazy and are in great cardiovascular shape. But you can't exercise away a bad diet. 

I thought that with the introduction of Coach Torrey, a classically trained ballet dancer, there would be some discussion about how a dancer needs to treat her body. But if he did suggest that, he more than likely was shot down by Dianna herself and maybe the DDPs as well. I'm sure they've talked about the fact that most black girls are naturally "thick" and that majorette dancers are not supposed to be stick thin. Fine. But you can be at a healthy weight without being stick thin and still be an effective majorette dancer. 

Faith, Makayla, Princess, and Deja are not overweight. Sunjai was not overweight. And the four of them were/are featured dancers on the show.  And they're good. Unfortunately, Dianna has criticized them for being slim.

Camryn is not super-skinny, but she has managed to avoid dramatic weight-gains during her high school years.

On 9/7/2018 at 1:15 PM, sATL said:

sorry so,so late to the party... Thursday has become a hot tv night... and I've been chatting on other boards.. :)

The episode where Selena was transported via ambulance has rolled off my DVR (I hate those fan chat repeats)... What is her health issue(s)? One doesn't have a seizure .. and was it stroke last year, w/o some kind of medical diagnosis. and Prognosis.

Diana is starting to lose me... she rode in on a big smelly camel? I'm impressed they found one in LA - outside of the zoo. Which all was staged given the Battle Royal looked like it was at some kind state fair pavilion - as opposed to a gym  or theater.

Did they announced what the grads are going to do after graduation ?

Selena—I have no idea. She supposedly had a TIA (mini-sreoke) and a seizure, and when she saw the outpatient doctor, that was the FIRST time she was going to have blood work or other testing? Something they’re telling us is not true. 

Yeah, I did not like Dianna approaching the celebrity judge because she didn't like what the judge said about their overdone performance. Isn't that what the judges are there for? To critique your team? I thought they'd appreciate the constructive criticism they got from the judges, which I thought was very generous and helpful. 

I am glad Dianna went the co-captain route for next season. I don't think either Crystianna or Makaya has enough of a take-charge personality to be captain all by themselves. I love them both, though. I think they'll help each other and help make the team stronger. 

I am going to miss Faith and Camryn. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 1

I've seen the girls in person and I think that some of the weight is the cameras. We did discuss Kayla's weight gain, but when she was on the tour, she didn't appear to be anywhere as large as she looks on the show. I'd like to think that the same is true of Crystianna and Makaya. However, I think you are correct overall about the girls not eating properly (or maybe eating like they were "regular" teens and not athletes). All they ever show the girls eating is fast food and junk food. 

• Love 1

I’ve been watching YouTube clips of Camryn on Southern University’s dance team. She blends right in with the older dancers. I’m not saying the team is soft, but the choreography Camryn had to learn for the Dancing Dolls was more complex. 

Does anyone know what Faith is doing next year? Please don’t tell me she’s just going to hang out in Atlanta with her dad and try to make it in Show Biz. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, topanga said:

Does anyone know what Faith is doing next year? Please don’t tell me she’s just going to hang out in Atlanta with her dad and try to make it in Show Biz. 

Faith is at AMDA (The American Musical and Dramatic Academy) in New York.

• Love 2

Well the wait is over... Bring IT finally is back... still not happy that it is on a Thursday night (along with Rap Game) ... some shows just make more sense on a Friday.

And even though I've tried to move on... always want to know how the old graduated crew is doing in their next chapter of life - Kayla/Tina , Selena (hope she is ok medically)/ Sunjay, Faith/both parents, and Cameryn/Mimi.. And the other graduates - Ken'Jane and Makalah - one of these two was the valedictorian.

Even though we all know Rittney was the aunt - she had more to give on camera that Cameryn's actual mom. To be with the Dollhouse for what 4 yrs and then to drop out of sight/mind, is a little sad and hard for us views to take..

On a separate topic - I wonder how this show is doing or how Lifetime reality shows are doing. Maybe its time to jump ship to a different network. Still would like to know why the odd lapse in episodes in last season. Is Miss D and the newer parents tired of filming? For what 2-3 yrs straight, the show has always premiered close to New Years Day.

I also think the 2 newer Dollhouses (AL & GA) are adding stress to Miss D and it shows on camera. Not a good look, Ms. D.

Anyone know how the summer tour shows are doing ? Are they selling out venues all of the country ? Yeah - there will be a 2019 tour this summer ( link )

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Well the wait is over... Bring IT finally is back... still not happy that it is on a Thursday night (along with Rap Game) ... some shows just make more sense on a Friday.

And even though I've tried to move on... always want to know how the old graduated crew is doing in their next chapter of life - Kayla/Tina , Selena (hope she is ok medically)/ Sunjay, Faith/both parents, and Cameryn/Mimi.. And the other graduates - Ken'Jane and Makalah - one of these two was the valedictorian.

Even though we all know Rittney was the aunt - she had more to give on camera that Cameryn's actual mom. To be with the Dollhouse for what 4 yrs and then to drop out of sight/mind, is a little sad and hard for us views to take..

On a separate topic - I wonder how this show is doing or how Lifetime reality shows are doing. Maybe its time to jump ship to a different network. Still would like to know why the odd lapse in episodes in last season. Is Miss D and the newer parents tired of filming? For what 2-3 yrs straight, the show has always premiered close to New Years Day.

I also think the 2 newer Dollhouses (AL & GA) are adding stress to Miss D and it shows on camera. Not a good look, Ms. D.

Anyone know how the summer tour shows are doing ? Are they selling out venues all of the country ? Yeah - there will be a 2019 tour this summer ( link )

All I know is that Crystianna won't be participating in the tour this year. Her mom and Rittany have announced that she wanted to take a break and enjoy being a teenager before the start of her senior year of high school.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, sATL said:

Glad the show is back, but it's hard to watch with how out of sync the timeline is. Apparently, these episodes are from last spring, before Faith, Camryn, and the other seniors had graduated. 

I liked the addition of the boys for the Hip-Hop routine. They were talented and seemed pretty nice. Except for the youngest kid--we never heard him speak a word. Was the use of boys a one-time thing, or are they actually part of the team now? 

Sometimes the editing on this show cracks me up. Clearly, 6 boys were selected, but only 4 performed in the competition. Were the other two cut? And will you please, please stop using so much slow motion editing during the Dancing Doll's performances? I couldn't get a good idea of their choreography, the rhythms of their dancing, or the transitions. I do like that their formations were more complex than the other dance teams. But I couldn't tell if their actual routine was better because most of it was in slow motion. 

The Birmingham coach brings an energetic personality to the show. I like his emphasis on precision and execution. It could be just be, but it seems the coaches curse a lot more than they used to. At the dancers and even during their TH interviews. 

• Love 1