Type keyword(s) to search

D.J.: Not Dan Jr.

It was a mod thing, as DJ is no longer in danger of "becoming a strange smell in the attic" and now all grown up with a daughter of his own. So we thought he deserved a little better. 

Sorry, guys.  

ETA: So, do you all have any better suggestions for DJ's topic?  We're willing to entertain ideas that don't involve strange smells in the attic.   

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, tessaray said:

It was a mod thing, as DJ is no longer in danger of "becoming a strange smell in the attic" and now all grown up with a daughter of his own. So we thought he deserved a little better. 

Sorry, guys.  

ETA: So, do you all have any better suggestions for DJ's topic?  We're willing to entertain ideas that don't involve strange smells in the attic.   

I'm not sure I agree with that logic - it was a snarky comment made by Darlene, not that viewers actually believed DJ would end up that way. In my family, we still laugh decades later about snarky things siblings and cousins have said to/about each other. But if we absolutely must change the title to reflect current show events, I suggest "DJ: The Most Successful Conner Kid"

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I'm not sure I agree with that logic - it was a snarky comment made by Darlene, not that viewers actually believed DJ would end up that way. In my family, we still laugh decades later about snarky things siblings and cousins have said to/about each other. But if we absolutely must change the title to reflect current show events, I suggest "DJ: The Most Successful Conner Kid"

Yes, by that logic all quotes from the tv show are off limits for thread titles.

We should change the Jackie thread title too because we all know now that she didn't actually grow up to be Gilligan.

• Love 4

On the commentary on the DVD Roseanne said she couldn't figure out where Micheal got his accent as a little kid. She then found out he spent a lot of time with his Romanian? Grandfather. He hasn't said enough yet to hear if he she has it. I can't recall from Roseanne's Nuts show. His boys look exactly like him. They could play DJ at any age. 

As to Michael Fishman's acting, I guess we won't mention that Roseanne is not much of an actress either. She is really just delivering comedy stand-up as she moves around. I love the show and I'm far from being a pro-critic but not a season ever went by that I didn't always see Roseanne ready to laugh at her own lines. She always looks like she is about to burst out laughing, but it kind of adds to the charm for me.

• Love 2

I don't think she is an actress. I see her as a stand up. The supporting cast is what saves her. She's not the first to do it so I'll give her some grace. Not to mention she hasn't done anything scripted since that awful movie 'She Devil."   *SHUDDERS* 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ina123 said:

As to Michael Fishman's acting, I guess we won't mention that Roseanne is not much of an actress either. She is really just delivering comedy stand-up as she moves around. I love the show and I'm far from being a pro-critic but not a season ever went by that I didn't always see Roseanne ready to laugh at her own lines. She always looks like she is about to burst out laughing, but it kind of adds to the charm for me.

We discussed this a bit in the UO thread recently, but there were times where she was very convincing as a dramatic actress. But this is the wrong thread, so I'll leave it at that.

I do agree that Michael Fishman was never that good, though. 

On 5/20/2017 at 1:22 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Darlene's joke about how long DJ is taking in the bathroom and infers that he's masturbating still ranks as one my favorite moments on the show. "He's either really, really good at it- or really, really bad."

I've always thought that too - one of the funniest written lines of tv-dome!

• Love 1

Speaking of DJ, does anyone know why the pilot had a different actor, Saul Something-Or-Other?

Michael Fishman was such a cutie early on.  

I like it that DJ's character married Geena, and served in the military.  

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Speaking of DJ, does anyone know why the pilot had a different actor, Saul Something-Or-Other?

Michael Fishman was such a cutie early on.  

I like it that DJ's character married Geena, and served in the military.  

Sara Gilbert didn't get along with that kid actor, and they chose her over him.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Pallas said:

And here he is.

A Doctorate in Mathematics from Purdue; on the faculty at Georgia Tech. 

That's really cool. I wonder if he'd stayed on the show, would he still have pursued that path. Either way, it's great that he's doing so well.

• Love 2
On 4/2/2018 at 11:32 PM, CelticBlackCat said:

Why not call him DJ in the military?  Everyone does call each other by their surname though in the military; if you're not using their rank title, but for friendships and just hanging out your last name is used, or you get a military nick.

On 4/3/2018 at 6:17 AM, Indy said:

He might go by something else outside the family but at home he’s DJ because that’s what he’s always been.

My husband goes by a different name around family and around friends. His family will always call him what they did when he was growing up bc that’s who he is to them. When we visit his family I don’t know what to call him...it feels foreign to use the name his family does but also odd to be having a conversation about him while someone else calls him a different name. 

Funny thing:  I have a cousin named DJ who is in the military. I have no idea what they call him at work. But we call him DJ and his wife calls him Darren most of the time and slips into DJ sometimes (probably when she's around our family).