Type keyword(s) to search

Best and Worst of the Reunion Shows

ljenkins782
  • Start Topic

Didn't see a topic about the reunions in general. I've been watching some of the reunions for various seasons and the decline in quality is amazing. 

The earliest (non Probst-hosted) reunions were so much more balanced and seemed so much longer. Were there a lot fewer commercials in those or what? 

I just watched the Australia reunion, hosted by Bryant Gumble, and it seems like every single person got to talk more than once, so different from the current format of one person getting 70% of the attention and 5 or 6 others getting to speak as well. It was so much more relaxed too without people getting awkwardly cut off after 2 words.

I do have to say Australia's reunion has possibly the saddest and most uncomfortable check-in on life after Survivor with Debb, the first vote-off. I don't remember the story that well, but it was something like she married her step-son (?) and all of the post-show attention put an extremely negative spotlight on her. She seemed completely broken at the reunion, it was very sad. 

• Love 3

My favorites are the ones where Russell cries. I think the Samoa reunion is all of my Top 10.

But seriously, I don't remember much about the pre-Probst reunions.  I remember not liking the one Rosie did, but I never liked Rosie much anyway. Bryant Gumble was fun, but he kinda brings his own fun with him.

I think the Survivor people look at the reunion differently.  In Australia, they just saw everyone as players, and we could talk to each of them about their experiences. Now, they seem to be looking for Characters, and when they find a Character, they are going to bring him front and center. How much time to Sophie get compared to Coach or Ozzy? If Boston Rob hadn't been there in RI, would we have seen anyone who wasn't Phillip?

I still watch the reunions to see who wins and for previews of the next season. Occasionally the winner is someone I want to hear from, like Kim.  (Conversely, I was done with Mike in S30 before the reunion started, but I was saved because Probst wanted to show Dan his poop and rub his nose in it before doing Second Chances.)

tl;dr:  I mostly agree with you :)

• Love 1

My least favorite was Caramoan, and not just because the pre-jurors were relegated to sitting in the audience. Probst completely ignored 4/11 jury members, including 3 of the top 5, only bothering to even speak to 7 of the 20 players (35%!) from that season. Plus, of those 7, Reynold and Andrea got a combined total of about 30 seconds, and Dawn's sole purpose was to be goaded into apologizing to Brenda. Malcolm, Cochran, Phillip and Brenda were the only ones who got more than 2 seconds of airtime.

• Love 2

The reunions have kind of always been flawed. Bryant Gumble did a good job covering everybody, but didn't seem to have ever watched the show, to the point where he asked Africa winner Ethan (whose name he got wrong) if he was ever in an alliance during the game. Rosie was just a trainwreck who made the show all about her, but I think when she was actually asking questions she did a good job covering things people actually want to hear about. Probst... is Probst.

• Love 1

The moments I hated were going to the audience to talk to random kids.  Or Mayim Bialik.  

I loved Probst disproving Dan's post-boot interview claims.  Oh, and didn't Jerri or some other villainess storm off stage and refuse to participate in a reunion?  

I miss the jet ski the most.  

Edited by Guest

I'll take Rosie over Probst any day, but that's me.   She actually had enthusiasm, and her questions were on point that I remember.  I think the real issue with her was that she gave the entire cast new cars. 

One humorous moment with Bryant Gumbel that I remember from the Africa season was that Silas was trying to go on with his extended thoughts on strategy, and Gumbel kinda sneered, let's go to the front row.

And of course the first All-Stars reunion was its own animal.  It was a train wreck, but I couldn't turn away.  I'm still stunned Jerri was eventually on the show again after that.   

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2

And of course the first All-Stars reunion was its own animal. It was a train wreck, but I couldn't turn away. I'm still stunned Jerri was eventually on the show again after that.

In Jerri's defence, that audience was absolutely disgusting. They would not shut the fuck up and kept booing her everytime she opened her mouth. Even Probst seemed to be defending her after the break and saying the audience needs to chill.

• Love 7

Yeah, the All-Stars reunion (at least the first one, I don't remember where the Rupert's Million special was) was at Madison Square Garden. The only other place that really comes close in terms of size is wherever it was they did the Marquesas reunion (I want to say a hockey rink in Central Park?).

In Jerri's defence, that audience was absolutely disgusting.

I totally agree.  I didn't mean to sound critical of her.  I should have said I was shocked that she would ever agree to go on again.

• Love 1
I'll take Rosie over Probst any day, but that's me.   She actually had enthusiasm, and her questions were on point that I remember.  I think the real issue with her was that she gave the entire cast new cars.

Me too, I liked her enthusiasm and the fact that she appeared to have actually watched the show (ragging on Neleh for the mint incident, mentioning the peeing incident, and Neleh distracting Kathy in the final immunity challenge.) 

In Jerri's defence, that audience was absolutely disgusting. They would not shut the fuck up and kept booing her everytime she opened her mouth. Even Probst seemed to be defending her after the break and saying the audience needs to chill.

That was really weird considering that Jerri hadn't been all that bad or really much of a character on All-Stars. The two things I remember most about her time were the way she went home in a surprise vote over Amber and the fact that she was the only one to speak up against Rupert's ridiculous underground shelter. 

Was it because Rupert was so popular that Jerri was so disliked at that reunion? She didn't get that bad of a response at the Australia reunion where her "villainess" reputation was born. 

The moments I hated were going to the audience to talk to random kids.  Or Mayim Bialik.

The random audience stuff is always a complete time-waster, which mystifies me on a show where they don't have enough time to talk to the people who were actually ON the show. 

One of the low points in time wasting for me would have to be Probst wasting a solid 5 minutes presenting JT's mom with the tooth he lost in a challenge. WTF was that?

I loved Probst disproving Dan's post-boot interview claims.

I did love that because I couldn't stand Dan. That whole reunion was a shame though because between that and the 2nd chance reveal, there was hardly any time for anything else. Then again, not the greatest season so I guess there weren't too many people I wanted to hear from anyway. 

• Love 2
Was it because Rupert was so popular that Jerri was so disliked at that reunion? She didn't get that bad of a response at the Australia reunion where her "villainess" reputation was born.

I think she was getting some the anti-Lex sentiment that the audience had. He was claiming Rob betrayed his friendship and the audience was booing him (but it went right over his head -- he looked genuinely confused, like, "why are they calling me Lou?") and then Jerri started talking about how the game in general ruins friendships and she also got booed. I do distinctly remember that Colby mildly disagreed with her and the audience cheered him, and when Jerri tried to talk again, the audience shouted her down. After that they went to commercial and she was gone. So at the time, I thought that she was booed for appearing to side with Lex, and then when her old nemesis Colby was getting all this audience approval it just hurt her feelings because she came into that season specifically trying not to be a villain and for the most part succeeding (although Rupert fans would probably disagree), but then here's the audience still seemingly hating her and loving Colby. And the thing is, I'm pretty sure she wasn't siding with Lex -- he was a huge hypocrite when voting Jerri and Ethan out with his, "nothing personal but it's business this time" followed by all his whining about Rob and when Probst pointed that out, Jerri and Ethan were nodding in agreement.

• Love 4

Oh, and this reminds me of the greatest of all reunion moments, when at America's Tribal Council, they were announcing the winner of the audience-awarded $1 million, and you can see Sue Hawk saying, "aaaah, it's fucking Rupert" and Jenna Morasca rolling her eyes in response.

• Love 6

Oh, and this reminds me of the greatest of all reunion moments, when at America's Tribal Council, they were announcing the winner of the audience-awarded $1 million, and you can see Sue Hawk saying, "aaaah, it's fucking Rupert" and Jenna Morasca rolling her eyes in response.

Ha, I never saw that (having never previously had a desire to revisit the moment when freaking Rupert get handed a million dollars). I see they have it on the CBS all access site, I'll have to check that out. 

• Love 1

I do distinctly remember that Colby mildly disagreed with her and the audience cheered him, and when Jerri tried to talk again, the audience shouted her down.

I remember thinking that Colby was egging the crowd on just to get his licks in at Jerri.  He came off like a jerk IMO. And I think she saw in that moment that no matter how hard she tried, she was always going to be the villain.  So that's why she left.  It wasn't worth it.   

One of the low points in time wasting for me would have to be Probst wasting a solid 5 minutes presenting JT's mom with the tooth he lost in a challenge. WTF was that?

I think this crap started with Fairplay and the damn grandmother lie.  They considered it gold and have tried in vain to recapture the moment.  I think it's also one of Jeffrey's go to moves to go into the audience when he's not that into the cast. 

I did love that because I couldn't stand Dan. That whole reunion was a shame though because between that and the 2nd chance reveal, there was hardly any time for anything else. Then again, not the greatest season so I guess there weren't too many people I wanted to hear from anyway.

I remember hearing that Jeff said the so called "Dirty 30" were really pissed that the second  chance voting cut into THEIR reunion.  He actually seemed hurt and apologetic about it.  And I kept thinking, "who really gives a shit, Jeff?   That was one of the worst casts ever."

• Love 2

I haven't even watched the Reunions past the first 5 minutes the last 3 seasons. They've become a boring rehash of whatever the producers already chose to highlight that season.  They used to be so much better, and I don't even think it is a Probst/not-Probst difference.

Russell attempting to buy the title of sole survivor. Da fuck was up with that?

Jeffy's boy crush on beautiful Joe. I think Joe is cute, and he seems like a good guy. But he also seemed very uncomfortable with that kind of attention.

Anytime they talk to someone not on the show. Loved ones of contestants, random people, and previous contestants. I remember them talking to Boston Rob, Cochran, etc about the season. How about asking the contestants about the season?

• Love 6

I think overall the reunions have improved over time.  That's one thing I like about the show is they seem to listen to and cater to their core fans and when they try something that flops, they generally abandon it quickly (like the Tyler Perry idol).  

I'm glad they axed the fallen Survivors walk or whatever they called it (not that that was a reunion thing).  But the whole last 2 hours just feels crammed in already.  I kind of miss opening statements but I think they could skip closing statements.  

Oh, I like that Vytas wasn't invited to this reunion.  

Jeffy's boy crush on beautiful Joe. I think Joe is cute, and he seems like a good guy. But he also seemed very uncomfortable with that kind of attention.

Jeff is starting to be too old for this.  He's starting to seem like that older creeper Uncle, gushing inappropriately over the attractiveness of some young person. 

• Love 4
(edited)
I remember them talking to Boston Rob, Cochran, etc about the season. How about asking the contestants about the season?

Lol, crazy talk!! :) 

I think she was getting some the anti-Lex sentiment that the audience had. He was claiming Rob betrayed his friendship and the audience was booing him (but it went right over his head -- he looked genuinely confused, like, "why are they calling me Lou?") and then Jerri started talking about how the game in general ruins friendships and she also got booed. I do distinctly remember that Colby mildly disagreed with her and the audience cheered him, and when Jerri tried to talk again, the audience shouted her down. After that they went to commercial and she was gone. So at the time, I thought that she was booed for appearing to side with Lex, and then when her old nemesis Colby was getting all this audience approval it just hurt her feelings because she came into that season specifically trying not to be a villain and for the most part succeeding (although Rupert fans would probably disagree), but then here's the audience still seemingly hating her and loving Colby. And the thing is, I'm pretty sure she wasn't siding with Lex -- he was a huge hypocrite when voting Jerri and Ethan out with his, "nothing personal but it's business this time" followed by all his whining about Rob and when Probst pointed that out, Jerri and Ethan were nodding in agreement.

I just skimmed through the All-Stars reunion and she did get caught in a bit of anti-Lex crossfire (with Hatch stirring the pot from the back row). On the other hand, she did deliver a very actressy, melodramatic speech that seemed to be chastising someone...either the show for "exploiting" them or the audience for watching, or both. 

Her explanation she gave on America's Tribal Council about storming out was that she was annoyed with Jeff for allowing the audience to interfere with the cast's opportunity to talk to each other about the season, which I actually kinda agree with. Because Jeff being Jeff, he was encouraging of applause when it came to his favorites and if not encouraging, at least not discouraging of the booing when it came to people like Jerri or Lex. 

I couldn't find this! :( Maybe it was in the section where Rupert was announced as a finalist, I wasn't paying close attention to that part. 

ETA: Yep, it was when they announced Rupert as a finalist. Jenna M looked far less than thrilled, lol. 

Rewatching it did remind me of how sweet Big Tom's reaction was when he was announced as a finalist. He was clearly shocked to be a contender and watching it dawn on him that Jeff was talking about him was really cute. 

Honestly, I'm a little surprised he made it too, I don't remember him being a huge fan favorite. 

Edited by ljenkins782

I liked the earlier reunion shows because it was equal opportunity for everyone-but, the seasons back then were also equal opportunity.  Nearly everyone got camera time.  The first boot got more camera time back then than someone making the final 4 can now.  And the back row got acknowledged for more than 'what are you up to now?  Times up, now you.'  The reunion shows now are what/who Jeff wants to talk about, and what he thinks he audience wants to talk about.  Didn't he make some comment one time about the direction of reunion shows, and more or less said they would only focus on the handful of people who made the season (which seems to be TPTB discretion anyway).  And sometimes, he may be right, and sometimes (like with WA) he can't avoid certain topics.  I didn't think Bryant Gumble did a bad job.  He was a newsman, and that's how he came across.  I don't like Rosie but I did appreciate her enthusiasm for Survivor and reality shows in general.  I used to enjoy her show when she would bring the booted contestants on for a chat, and even devote one entire show to the finalists (at least in the first two seasons).  It's funny to look back and see how much she liked Elisabeth when she was just Elisabeth from Survivor-not Elisabeth, her ultra conservative rival on The View.

I miss Jeff's elaborate entrances, too.

I'm a die hard Joe fan, but that was awkward for me to watch.  Joe didn't seem to relish the gushing like he did for the WA reunion (of course Jeff didn't refer to him as 'delicious' then either).  I swear if Probst starts sporting a beanie and/or manbun I'm done.  

I remember hearing that Jeff said the so called "Dirty 30" were really pissed that the second  chance voting cut into THEIR reunion.  He actually seemed hurt and apologetic about it.  And I kept thinking, "who really gives a shit, Jeff?   That was one of the worst casts ever."

I do feel sorry for the WA cast for a number of reasons, namely because they had such a milestone season, going in with so much hype from Probst himself about being the best cast ever, and it turned out being one of the worst.  Even Probst was trying to salvage what he said by saying it was simply polarizing and fans either loved it or didn't.  However, their reunion show was hijacked first by the drama, then by Probst having to give Rodney the whiner a birthday cake, and finally by the reveal.  Like Caramoan, I think that reunion show ranks as one where the fewest Survivors were talked to.

And of course the first All-Stars reunion was its own animal.  It was a train wreck, but I couldn't turn away.  I'm still stunned Jerri was eventually on the show again after that.

In regards to Jerri, I thought she started talking about editing and how they are real people behind the edit, and that's when the audience really started booing her.  I know she had issues in regards to editing from the Outback, and Jerri didn't seem like she enjoyed her time on AS as it was (that was before she got booed out of the reunion).  I had sent Jerri letters of support during Outback and after the AS reunion fiasco, and she responded back very nicely.  I think she was glad not everyone thought she was some horrible human being that bought into what they saw on TV.  And I can go along with the argument 'they can't show it if it didn't happen', but obviously things can get twisted.  However, after Probst basically schooled Dan I don't think anyone will ever go that far with the editing argument again.  I was also surprised she returned for HvsV, but I was glad to see she embraced it this time.  Maybe having a longer gap in between helped.

• Love 3

Jeff is starting to be too old for this.  He's starting to seem like that older creeper Uncle, gushing inappropriately over the attractiveness of some young person. 

Hard to believe Jeff's older than Keith, though.  

I honestly think any man calling a male player "delicious" would be odd, but I truly think Jeff feels like he speaks for the audience, and I think he mostly does.  He's certainly not the cause of Joe adoration.  I would argue Jeff has no personal, special affection for Joe (besides Joe being good tv, of course), or he'd get the coveted last name moniker.  

My favorites are the ones where Russell cries. I think the Samoa reunion is all of my Top 10.

Ah, I remember that one.  Took one look at Russell and said 'Oh, man, he lost, and he knows he lost'.  It was as milk and honey to me, nourishing to my soul.

Mr. Pootel only likes to watch 'The Inflating', when they cut from the island to the studio and it seems like everyone swells.  And I bet it's been a dozen seasons easily since I watched more than half of the reunion, Jeffy's adoration is simply too much to take anymore.  

• Love 5

Jeffy's adoration is simply too much to take anymore.  

I recently rewatched Nicaragua, and found the the antidote -- Jeff's not-too-subtle, richly deserved sneering at Shannon Elkins.

Wouldn't be topped until the roasting Jeff gives Colton when he quits BvW (which doesn't count as a reunion show, but still makes me chuckle like Woody Woodpecker).

• Love 1
I recently rewatched Nicaragua, and found the the antidote -- Jeff's not-too-subtle, richly deserved sneering at Shannon Elkins.

I enjoyed this exchange too and remember thinking that this might, might, be a bit of almost uncensored Jeffy.  He's a pro and this is reality tv so I'm never too sure what anybody actually thinks but Probst seemed actually peeved that day.  Which is odd in light of the fact that in casting Shannon, (cue Captain Obvious voice) the producers 'went there', took that picture, and hung it prominently on their wall.

Same with Colton.  As much as I did enjoy the richly-deserved pantsing Probst gave him, Jeffy himself reminded us that they cast this hateful little sombrero, twice. Was pretty great though that Colton's +1, against all odds, turned out to be a pretty straight-up guy and a decent player.  And at least Colton had (if I recall) enough sense to just let it go at the reunion and not dig himself in any deeper.  Hell, even Russell had enough sense to pander to Probst and not antagonize him.  Shannon was all-time clueless. 

Was pretty great though that Colton's +1, against all odds, turned out to be a pretty straight-up guy and a decent player. 

Jeff was as stunned as the rest of us that someone like Colton could have attracted someone like Caleb.  (RIP Caleb -- you were enjoyed)

CBS and Survivor sometimes get it into their heads that huge jerks are great television. Sometimes they do give us fun moments -- Russell was not without his funny moment, though that obviously doesn't run in the family -- but when it bites them, it bites them HARD. If Na'Onka hadn't quit, she'd be on her third time by now.

• Love 2
Jeff was as stunned as the rest of us that someone like Colton could have attracted someone like Caleb.

Enough to make me wonder how much of KKKolton was an act.  If it was, it was a pretty good one.  He really seemed to relish being insufferable.

If Na'Onka hadn't quit, she'd be on her third time by now.

Well, Colton quit, and he got invited back, Jeff's 'ironclad' admonition agains quitters notwithstanding.  I wonder if Na'Onka really had had enough and no amount of exposure was gonna get her to sleep rough again.  Or maybe she just didn't test well.  She certainly had an abundance of personality although I thought it was mostly kayfabe. 

If Na'Onka hadn't quit, she'd be on her third time by now.

Just like I'm convinced Abi and Kass will be back.  I think Abi especially knows to be on her best at the reunion.  She never gets into it with Jeff. She tried hard to say she knows it's her own fault.  And now that I think about it, as much as she likes to play the victim, it does say something that she never threatens to quit.  I don't know.  She just seems like she could pull a Colton and say she's over it and GOODBYE.  But I think she genuinely likes being on and associated with the show.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2

Ah, I remember that one.  Took one look at Russell and said 'Oh, man, he lost, and he knows he lost'.  It was as milk and honey to me, nourishing to my soul.

HvV, too. He knew he didn't get a single vote, and when Sandra--whom he was so sure he could beat during the game that he made her his goat--smoked him, I laughed and laughed and laughed. Because I love Sandra, and she almost single-handedly dismantled his game by using his own tactics against him. I distinctly remember Parvati having to separate the two of them at one point during the reunion. It was also the one where Russell made the brilliant argument that he lost because there is a flaw in the game. A FLAW, I tell you!

Good times.

Edited by Nutjob
  • Love 5

Well, Colton quit, and he got invited back, Jeff's 'ironclad' admonition agains quitters notwithstanding. 

Colton was medicaled out the first time, though.  I too think he probably faked it but it's not like he straight up quit and got invited back.  

I too think he probably faked it but it's not like he straight up quit and got invited back.

But that is pretty much how Jeff slammed him.  "We brought a quitter back and we got a quitter again."

As for the reunion, I honestly don't remember much about that one, but wow if Colton was there, and Vytas wasn't allowed to be at the last one.

• Love 2
I too think he probably faked it but it's not like he straight up quit and got invited back.

Pretty sure it is.  Jeff confirmed this when he was bollocking Colton for quitting again, and that 'now it can be revealed' that the first time was a quit too.

And just in case it isn't clear what Jeffy meant by this, there was also a spoiler from this season (which was well and accurately spoiled) that someone quit and it was recast as a med-evac.   Plus Colton's 'med-evac' was ... odd, in many particulars.

I think it's beyond any doubt: Colton quit and the producers recast the whole event.

• Love 1

I always thought (but can't accurately remember specific incidents) that Jeff makes a distinction between "Medical is pulling you from the game" and "We are not pulling you from the game, do you want to continue playing?"  Not sure what words he uses.  So if they have a medical condition that doesn't require a med-evac, but you decide it's not worth trying to be ill outdoors, I guess that's a "quit" but to me it's still different from a Na'onka quit.

Colton's "quit" -- the first one -- seemed like that, the non-Na'onka kind.  I know the medical scene was really wonky and seemed staged.  But do people believe that Colton wanted to straight up quit and production convinced him to fake an illness and stage that scene?  What would be the point of that?

• Love 2

Colton didn't quit One World. He was legitimately pulled from the game. He didn't have appendicitis, but he was treated for a serious bacterial infection. I think it's pretty insulting to the medical team to suggest he tricked them. It was an understandable misdiagnosis considering conditions. It's not like he just said his tummy hurt and they bought it. At the reunion, Jeff backed off his claim that Colton quit the first time. Colton is a terrible person, but he was in a good spot when he left One World. He only quit BvW because he was going to get voted out.

• Love 2

I always wondered if Shamar's medical exit was all or partly staged.  I know we did see his red eye but part of me wouldn't put it past him to rub some sand in it, or Colton to ham it up about the extent of his abdominal pain.  

I think it's pretty insulting to the medical team to suggest he tricked them.

He didn't.  They did the standard tests for appendicitis (and there are many) and they were negative.  But Colton mewed and cried so they removed him 'just to be on the safe side'.  These guys don't ignore pain, and the best move is always always always to err to the side of caution.  They weren't fooled, they just did their job, and if the guys insists that he's sick there really is only one answer - to the hospital he goes.  Some measure, though of how actually concerned they really were at the time - Colton got a long goodbye scene before they took him away.  That was ... odd.

What would be the point of that?

Because they wanted to invite a quitter back despite being on record as saying they hate quitters?  Colton was a 'big personality' and production apparently wanted to leave that door open, so production covered for him.  

Another possibility: most of the contestants these days are recruits, and possibly not super-motivated to stay on the island when it isn't fun anymore. Them quitting draws attention to this fact, much as Na'onka did.  She didn't even pretend to be sick or anything, just tired and hungry.  No fake evac for her, just Jeffy's undisguised bile. 

I always wondered if Shamar's medical exit was all or partly staged.

This one is in dispute, but I wondered too. I mean he was super-unhappy and (if I recall) talking about quitting.  Then suddenly he has a 'legitimate' medical thing which has nothing to do with feeling generally shitty (which is what he'd been complaining about) and bam, he's 'pulled'.  Mmmm, maybe. 

Does anyone remember what Jeff said to Colton at the reunion after the second time?  I seem to remember that Colton was there but I can't remember anything he said or if Jeff gave him a hard time.  

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 1
Winston9-DT3, on 06 Jan 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

I'm glad they axed the fallen Survivors walk or whatever they called it (not that that was a reunion thing).

I guess I get why everyone hates that part but I love it and miss it.  It helps me remember the season better and reminds me how long they've been out there, makes the whole thing seem like more of a long journey, I dunno.  I think I respect the winner more after seeing that bit.  But since they go to the finale with like half the cast still there to be eliminated these days, I get why they cut it out.

• Love 5

David proposing to Carolina was about as cringy as it gets.  Here you have this random terrible player so desperately wanting to make his mark in Survivor that he proposes to a woman (another random player from a previous season) he's only been dating for a short time.  Carolina looked like she wanted to be anywhere in the world at that moment and was trying to think of a good way to not shut this guy down on live TV.

• Love 4

I've watched every season, and I can't remember David to save my life.  I remember the name "Carolina" more than I actually remember her.

Edited by vb68

I too cringe at tv proposals but apparently Carolina must've been ok with it.  They got married, and are still.  

I too cringe at tv proposals but apparently Carolina must've been ok with it.  They got married, and are still.

Happy for them but I've always found this sort of spectacle almost unwatchable, and this one sure was.  Mrs. Pootel has told me more than once that had I proposed in such a fashion, I'd have gained youtube immortality as 'that guy whose girlfriend kicked him in the gems on tv'.  Pretty sure she's dead serious but hey, married already, so I dodged that bullet.

• Love 3

They need to bring back America's Favorite Player at the reunion.  I understand Sprint is no longer a sponsor, but they could still do it.  Big Brother still does it every season.  Joe must feel jiffed these past two seasons.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1

I've watched every season, and I can't remember David to save my life. I remember the name "Carolina" more than I actually remember her.

David is the guy who strongly advocated for Rob at the FTC.

• Love 1

I too cringe at tv proposals but apparently Carolina must've been ok with it.  They got married, and are still.

I think you're confusing David & Carolina with one of the other couples from Survivor. D&C got engaged but she called it off because he *might* have been doinking the ever-charming Alicia Rosa.

• Love 5

Her imdb page says Carolina Eastwood (Tocantins) has been married to David Murphy (Redemption Island) since 2011.  It sounds like that's not correct, though.  

I think you're right and they broke up soon after the engagement.  If they were married that long there'd be more on the internet about it than that one imdb comment but I don't see anything.  That imdb comment has got to be in error.  It just was the one I saw first.  lol.  

I think you're right and they broke up soon after the engagement.  If they were married that long there'd be more on the internet about it than that one imdb comment but I don't see anything.  That imdb comment has got to be in error.  It just was the one I saw first.  lol.  

I don't see how they could not still be rock-solid after that moving and not at all awkward and hard to watch proposal on the reunion show.

• Love 1

This is the finale, not the reunion, but it ties in.  I hate the past few seasons with all of Jeffy's cut-ins.  We already have enough of his obnoxiousness shoved down our throats during that 3 hours.  We don't need any more.  Plus it makes the game footage seem very disjointed, IMO.  Also, he started doing the cut-ins around the same time as when his short-lived talk show flopped.  Coincidence?  I doubt it.  I think he needed something to try to boost his ego after his talk show failed.

• Love 2