Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Judy

I watched it again, too,  the TVguide  said it was "NEW," the big liars.  I'm glad I did because it was such an interesting one and I just read this whole thread again -- so many good posts here!  @Funky-rat has all sorts of things about mobile homes, that I didn't know.  If I was a hoarder I would save this to read later.

As a frequent bus rider with long hair, I'm sure Judy would call me a low-life and cover everything I touched with pee soaked newspapers.  I still pitied her and her poor daughter who had to grow up in that.  I had a sad ah-ha moment when the daughter said that she grew up arguing with her mother and then one day realized how abnormal it all was.  Until she said that I hadn't thought about how children raised in something like this would think that everyone lived that way until they were older.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I watched it again, too,  the TVguide  said it was "NEW," the big liars.  I'm glad I did because it was such an interesting one and I just read this whole thread again -- so many good posts here!  @Funky-rat has all sorts of things about mobile homes, that I didn't know.  If I was a hoarder I would save this to read later.

When my parents helped us buy one, I got really OCD about maintenance, because I knew nothing, so I read up, and read up, and read up some more.  The mobile I mentioned in a prior post at the entrance that had windows full of nicknacks and a full porch got sold late last year.  The new owners have it set up very nicely, and it's nice to come in and see something nice, and not something all junked up.

The neighbor across the street finally got rid of his washer after it sat out about a month.  He's in a scooter and she has bad knees, so I have a feeling management humored him a bit, but a few weeks later, he had a toilet sitting out in his driveway for a good two weeks with "FREE" on it.  Obviously no one rushed for that deal.  She must have said something because the toilet was at the dumpster the next day, but he didn't put it IN the dumpster - left it sitting next to it, where it sat until the dumpster company came, and probably charged our owner for not all of the trash being inside.  They're still not friendly and they argue frequently outside.  He cleaned his porch up, but his "workshop" is just floor to ceiling boxes.  Their shades are often drawn - I have a feeling the inside is rather cluttered.  They have two tiny dogs, but I never see them outside, or anyone walking them.

• Love 1

This show has made me want to sell Avon, just for an excuse to get my snoopy self inside houses  that look like they may be hoarded.  Of course, if they smelled like Judy's I would creep on by, waving my  perfume samples around as I go.

18 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

This show has made me want to sell Avon, just for an excuse to get my snoopy self inside houses  that look like they may be hoarded.  Of course, if they smelled like Judy's I would creep on by, waving my  perfume samples around as I go.

I used to make home visits as part of my work with a utility company.  Trust me . . . they didn't pay me enough to go into some of those places.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I used to make home visits as part of my work with a utility company.  Trust me . . . they didn't pay me enough to go into some of those places.

My Uncle was the Culligan Man for many years.  He said some of the places he would go in to were so gross.  He said clutter didn't bother him too much, but the abject filth of some places.......**shudder**

• Love 1
(edited)

In regards to all these shows I understand that things have to be done a certain way But when reality comes along and the people are told that they must clean the house or lose the house or have to move out I think the day that the cleanup comes they should take the hoarder for a ride for the day and let the people who clean up do their job and then when it's all over then bring the hoarder back and that should satisfy everybody because when the hoarder is watching everything come out that's when things go bad so take the hoarder for a ride and let 1-800 junk or whatever take it all out because the bottom line is they're going to lose their home so what is the lesser of two evils fight over what has to stay and what has to go or just take the hoarder out for the day and do everything to have to be done as possible that's my strategy and that's what I would do with my mom on my dad or anybody it was related to me to take them out for the day and when they come back that's the way it is but at least they have a place to live.

Edited by bobw927
spelling