Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I don't know why I'm here, I want to avoid spoilers - I'm actually feeling excited now. I won't get to watch it with mum, but my sister will be here, and dad said he'd watch it with me, if I want company. He saw a few episodes, four years ago, and liked them, or at least found them funny. 

• Love 2

I've just created another thread for discussion of the Reddit account... please discuss the full episode there, and keep this thread for "typical" Spoilers like cast interviews, BTS pictures, etc.

PM @deaja or me if you need clarification. Thanks! 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, photo fox said:

I've just created another thread for discussion of the Reddit account... please discuss the full episode there, and keep this thread for "typical" Spoilers like cast interviews, BTS pictures, etc.

PM @deaja or me if you need clarification. Thanks! 

Thanks to you both. This is an insane time to moderate this group, an I appreciate your efforts.

• Love 4

Can I say that the trailers are killing me?  I am filled with anticipation. Also I am going to do my best to not go into the Episode 1 spoiler thread. Little glimpses is one thing but I don't want an actual play by play.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

Can I say that the trailers are killing me?  I am filled with anticipation. Also I am going to do my best to not go into the Episode 1 spoiler thread. Little glimpses is one thing but I don't want an actual play by play.

Yeah, seeing the trailers and stills are fine for me but I really don't want anything more concrete. I'll only get to watch the Revival on the 27th for reasons so there's no point in getting myself overly worked up. Besides, I dread the thought of reading a spoiler that's a deal breaker and ruins the whole thing before I even give it a proper go. We've all waited too damn long to die on the beach.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cuddlingcrowley said:

I just stumbled on this trailer and maybe I'm completely behind but BEST TRAILER BY FAR! Yes, finally, everything felt like the old show!!!

(And Alexis is actually emoting and having expressions and everything!! I'm so relieved)

Favorite part has to be Babette trying to introduce Rory to Star's Hollow's "Millennials who got slapped around by the Real World and moved back into their parents homes'" club. Whatever Rory's protests it seems aptly fitting.

• Love 5
On 11/18/2016 at 3:24 PM, cuddlingcrowley said:

I just stumbled on this trailer and maybe I'm completely behind but BEST TRAILER BY FAR! Yes, finally, everything felt like the old show!!!

(And Alexis is actually emoting and having expressions and everything!! I'm so relieved)

Love this! And of course I did a pause on every scene to analyze it. In the scene where Lorelai is dancing around and waving her arms, there are pictures of wedding dresses and veils taped up on the mantel, the bookshelf, and the wall, and there are bolts of creme and white satin fabrics . . . she's definitely making a wedding dress for someone . . . 

edited to add photo. . . 

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 11.33.28 PM.png

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 3

Gosh, I missed all of that background stuff completely.  Guess I will have to pay more attention - or just wait until next week and see it in person.

I apologize if I missed a posting on this but do we know what time Netflix will post the series?  With Longmire, it was midnight Pacific time which made it 3am Eastern.

Edited by Kohola3
42 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Gosh, I missed all of that background stuff completely.  Guess I will have to pay more attention - or just wait until next week and see it in person.

I apologize if I missed a posting on this but do we know what time Netflix will post the series?  With Longmire, it was midnight Pacific time which made it 3am Eastern.

It's going to be the same thing. Midnight PST and  3am Eastern

I'm curious to see how much of season 7, if any, is played out or referenced in the revival;  Does Luke have a boat, Rory on the campaign trail, April living in NM etc. Even the marriage to Christopher,  maybe it will come out that it was never legal. I doubt that much will be made of the season but I would be interested in what she would do with it. Maybe the reason they use for the lack of Sookie is that she never got over Jackson lying about his vasectomy. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, FictionLover said:

I'm curious to see how much of season 7, if any, is played out or referenced in the revival;  Does Luke have a boat, Rory on the campaign trail, April living in NM etc. Even the marriage to Christopher,  maybe it will come out that it was never legal. I doubt that much will be made of the season but I would be interested in what she would do with it. Maybe the reason they use for the lack of Sookie is that she never got over Jackson lying about his vasectomy. 

I haven't seen any of those questions answered in the spoilers. ASP has been a little double talking on S7, saying she hasn't seen it, she did see some, someone told her about it, she had to change one plot point, and there were fan girls on staff to answer detailed questions.

Spoiler

sookie went to find herself and hasn't found her way back yet.

In the trailer I think the woman with Lorelai drinking wine is the new chef maybe. Weird if it is, she looked like sookie to me.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, junienmomo said:

I haven't seen any of those questions answered in the spoilers. ASP has been a little double talking on S7, saying she hasn't seen it, she did see some, someone told her about it, she had to change one plot point, and there were fan girls on staff to answer detailed questions.

Reveal hidden contents

sookie went to find herself and hasn't found her way back yet.

In the trailer I think the woman with Lorelai drinking wine is the new chef maybe. Weird if it is, she looked like sookie to me.

I heard ASP say she has seen some of season 7 on ABC Family. She contradicts herself on that subject. She's probably seen the whole thing but is too proud to admit it. To create the best show you could you would swallow you pride and watch it like a grown up instead of depending on others to fill in the gaps. 

I keep looking at that clip trying to see if it was Sookie. It does look like her.

• Love 1
On November 18, 2016 at 3:24 PM, cuddlingcrowley said:

At the very end of the trailer, there's a scene with, I think, Rory in her pajamas on the front porch, with Luke in a tux and Jess. Rory squeals and hugs Jess. Is that what others see?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, FictionLover said:
4 minutes ago, nolieblue said:

At the very end of the trailer, there's a scene with, I think, Rory in her pajamas on the front porch, with Luke in a tux and Jess. Rory squeals and hugs Jess. Is that what others see?

I've seen it giffed so you got it right in regards to Rory and Jess. I don't know if that's Luke, for sure.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

Ooh, I like the question he raises. Is Reboot!Rory the Rory we could expect after ten years, or is she S7!Rory, this time ASP's version?

That will be a fun discussion topic after we've seen the series.

Fun indeed! I saw the same thing mentioned in another review (same review?) and I've been intrigued ever since. To be quite honest with y'all, the concept sounds very exciting. For one thing, Rory became insufferable post-S5. After her fight with Lorelai was over, it seemed any development she could have had came to a gridding halt. I'll spare any comment towards S7!Rory and her harlequin romance novel face.

So, by all means, bring it on the would-have-been S7!Rory.

18 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

I just realized that Rory is now about the same age as Lorelai when the show started!

I've had that moment of weirdness myself. It was immediately followed by the thought that damn Lauren Graham has some damn good genes. 

1 hour ago, wonderwoman said:

Todd VanDerWerff @ Vox: not a rave, but some thoughtful insights.

http://www.vox.com/culture/2016/11/18/13655576/gilmore-girls-netflix-year-in-the-life-flaw

This paragraph illustrates why I loved the show: 

"But if you were closer in age to Rory’s mother, Lorelai, the insertion fantasy worked just as well. Here was a little town that would help you raise your kid, where you could find love and friendship around every corner, and where you could find the acceptance you may never have received from your own family. In short, Gilmore Girls is about finding ad hoc families wherever you can — and whether you are parent or child."

1 hour ago, junienmomo said:

Brenda Maben's take on the fashion. Like the cast members, she's forgotten the odd detail that superfans immediately notice, but it's still a nice article.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/gilmore-girls-netflix-revival-costumes-rory-lorelai.html

I noticed that Luke's jeans and shirts look oversized again. By the end of season 7 they were more tailored and much better. When I first watched GG on Netflix and knew nothing about the actor,  I thought they were trying to camouflage chub. 

7 hours ago, FictionLover said:

I noticed that Luke's jeans and shirts look oversized again. By the end of season 7 they were more tailored and much better. When I first watched GG on Netflix and knew nothing about the actor,  I thought they were trying to camouflage chub. 

No, they were hiding the sexiness. Jason Stiles' body wouldn't make dating sense if Luke walked around all hot and sexy and pining every day.

• Love 3

Can I just ask, I'm probably being extremely stupid here, but will we be able to watch it at midnight on Thursday because that's Friday or is it midnight on Friday? Sorry if that's a stupid question!! :S

21 minutes ago, elang4 said:

Can I just ask, I'm probably being extremely stupid here, but will we be able to watch it at midnight on Thursday because that's Friday or is it midnight on Friday? Sorry if that's a stupid question!! :S

It would be midnight on Friday! So Friday at 12am PST/3am EST!

My mom and I plan to watch it together, but I honestly don't know if I can watch at her pace. She'll be probably wanting to watch one a day starting Friday night and I'm too impatient, so I think I'll probably watch all four Friday night into Saturday and then rewatch the other episodes with her. 

10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

My mom and I plan to watch it together, but I honestly don't know if I can watch at her pace. She'll be probably wanting to watch one a day starting Friday night and I'm too impatient, so I think I'll probably watch all four Friday night into Saturday and then rewatch the other episodes with her. 

Ok thank you!! :)

Oh, I just am watching Rory's Birthday Parties again and I'm not sure if there's an intentional connection, but it has Richard taking a quiz from Rory's Cosmo magazine and it's about season he is, and he's a fall, the last episode of the revival. It just made me unintentionally sad.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think it's actually the former. The episode threads get unlocked Friday morning.

• Love 1

I think it will be out before then, I've heard everyone discussing it being available to watch on the Friday, so I'm assuming that it will be released from midnight on Thursday night?

On 23/11/2016 at 5:46 PM, Lady Calypso said:

1 hour ago, alexa said:

Does Netflix eventually put their shows on DVD to be purchased?   I am so bummed I can't see this but I don't want Netflix. 

Eventually yes, but sometimes it can be a year or more. Have you thought about getting the free 30 day trial for Netflix?

32 minutes ago, JayInChicago said:

Give me strength to not look at the episode 1 spoiler post.

will, weakening...

I can't even watch until tomorrow night! I have to wait so long and then I'll be watching the first episode with my mom...and then come hell or high water, I'll watch the rest tomorrow night without her. I have zero willpower to wait another 24 hours to wait for my mother. 

• Love 1

I just signed up for Netflix and we verified it's working on our Smart TVs and phones. I'm so excited! I'm headed to Bed, Bath & Beyond for their 20% off entire purchase tomorrow morning, then home to watch the 1st episode. And yes, the 1st month is free. I think we'll probably keep it because I can see my husband watching lots of movies and it opening up a whole new bunch of possibilities for watching my tablet at the gym. Woohoo!!

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I just signed up for Netflix and we verified it's working on our Smart TVs and phones. I'm so excited! I'm headed to Bed, Bath & Beyond for their 20% off entire purchase tomorrow morning, then home to watch the 1st episode. And yes, the 1st month is free. I think we'll probably keep it because I can see my husband watching lots of movies and it opening up a whole new bunch of possibilities for watching my tablet at the gym. Woohoo!!

You will never get rid of Netflix because of the original series and international imports alone. Have fun. Cannot wait to start watching GG when it premieres in a few hours.

2 hours ago, alexa said:

Does Netflix eventually put their shows on DVD to be purchased?   I am so bummed I can't see this but I don't want Netflix. 

Really sign up for Netflix. It's worth it. Trust me.

• Love 2

Thanks all. I pay enough for our cable package and really only have a certain amount of time for tv. We rarely watch movies and so far none of the Netflix original programming has tempted me. Plus I would never want to watch tv on devices...I prefer the tv. So I just don't want the hassle for something I wouldn't use. GG will just have to wait until they release it to DVD. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm watching this mess of a revival, and seeing the painful reality that if an actress plays ten years younger, she will resort to desperate measures in the end. Lorelei butter face is incredibly torturous to look at. I hear her voice, I know its her talking, but that muddy joker face of wretched plastic surgery is disturbing as hell. She is hideous. Are those strings holding her cheeks up? She has always been a gene pool lottery winner, and now she just looks common and sad. She should have refrained from the vanity and been normal. She could be beautiful now, just aging naturally.

Much as I hate Rory and her self centered selfishness, I will throw out a positive that at least her voice changed. No more baby voice. Too bad she is still a self entitled rich kid who can't make a decent decision. 

Edited to add, Lorelei's voice is different, too. What did she do to herself. Ugh....

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 1