Type keyword(s) to search

The Shows of 2016: New Year, New Chefs, Same Sob Stories

ShellSeeker
  • Start Topic

On the episode where the theme was "wild things" -- I don't know who the judge was with the beard but he creeped me out so much!  What the hell with the beard kissing thing!  I felt so sorry for the poor guy who won - to be a good sport he had to play along with the judge.  Ugh!  Is this a "bro thing" that I just don't know about? 

• Love 2

I wondered the same thing.  I thought it was really creepy and it was clear that Chris Santos was weirded out too.  I doubt they'll have him back any time soon.

At the beginning of the show, I thought I heard Ted refer to the guy as a Chopped champion but I didn't recognize him.  He probably had his hair pulled back and maybe even looked totally different if and when he was on the show.  I didn't catch his name. 

You're right!  I forgot that part - Chris was dying over there.  Worst part was the chef that won kept talking about his struggles with PTSD and so he's not the strongest guy in the world and then he had this fool messing with him.  For all that, he handled himself well.  I liked the Cuban guy a lot too. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, LazyToaster said:

On the episode where the theme was "wild things" -- I don't know who the judge was with the beard but he creeped me out so much!  What the hell with the beard kissing thing!  I felt so sorry for the poor guy who won - to be a good sport he had to play along with the judge.  Ugh!  Is this a "bro thing" that I just don't know about? 

I don't know but I shut off my recording and deleted it from my DVR as soon as I saw that.  It was beyond creepy, and WTF was the cheftestant supposed to do?  Honestly, it was bad enough that the judge said it, but worse that it wasn't chopped out in post-production.  

• Love 2

I agree - let's take a guy who already has a struggle with every day life and then, on TV no less - make him deal with an awkward weird thing like that.  Even for Chopped with it's strange fascination with finding out the contestants weak spots, sob story, heartache and then exploiting it - it was over the top. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, meowmommy said:

I don't know but I shut off my recording and deleted it from my DVR as soon as I saw that.  It was beyond creepy

I saw the beard comment as borderline sexual harassment. No different than if he would have told a female contestant that he wanted to run his fingers through her hair and smell it. 

• Love 1

Yeah, that guy got robbed.  He beat Bobby Flay

All the judges raved about his ribeye (which was a basket ingredient).  He gets chopped for rice (which wasn't a basket ingredient). The judges rave about Bobby's rice - which has superfluous things in it.

Food Network just showed an episode from 12/1/16.  S34 E14  Entree Basket Blues

One of the ingredients was "Porcelet."  I thought I heard Ted call it "milk fed piglet," but that can't be right.  We aren't still torturing baby animals with severe debilitating malnutrition for the full extent of their short lives, are we?

Turns out:  Yes, we are.

I'm a little bit queasy.

• Sad 1