Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Green-Eyed Monster

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "Veronica tries to get her mind off the bus crash by going undercover to help a wealthy woman who is determined to prove that her husband is cheating on her. Meanwhile, Keith asks Alicia about the mysterious man who recognized her in Chicago, and Weevil gives Veronica new information about the accident."

I don't love this one, mostly because the client is such an insufferable jerk, but otherwise it's a good episode and hey, at least Veronica gets some nice pocket money out of it! The whole Keith Alicia storyline is too crazy for words too. I am not a fan, mainly because it makes so many of my favourite characters sad.

It's not one of the series' strongest episodes, no, but I do love the recurring theme of jealousy.  Did you notice that every song in this episode (I'm pretty sure, at least) is about jealousy?  I've always loved that.

Alicia is the worst, and I've sort of always thought so.  Rewatching this story with her unfold isn't changing my mind at all.

• Love 1

I never really liked Alicia. I was willing to give her a chance because she made Keith happy but from the moment she joined the show and was so rude about Veronica who is a CHILD and the ONLY person who was nice to her son she rubbed me the wrong way. Even if Alicia didn't know about the whole flagpole tape incident from the Pilot it's still inexcusable to be that judgy of a child in my opinion. Though I do get wanting to date Keith. 

• Love 1

I don't know if it's the actress, but I actually always DID like Alicia. Totally got that she didn't want her son hanging out with a kid who she had heard was nothing but trouble, along with her dad (after all, Kane Industries was hardly the bastion of Mars-love!), and I thought she redeemed herself in later eps. There's a part of me that would love it if Alicia and Keith were a couple in the movie, because I really liked them together. But that could just be me. I just feel like it would be such a waste if Keith didn't have a lady in his life at this point, because, dang-gum-it, he deserves it!

I am guessing she knows nothing of the flagpole incident (let's face it - what 16ish year old is going to go home and tell his mom that story?). I agree it's not a great episode, and a big part of that is the role it plays in

Wallace's imminent departure from the show for awhile. I miss him dreadfully!

• Love 1

Yeah, the client is terrible. They're both secret-rich, so it's okay that they love each other! Gag. The investigative stuff was decent, though.

I'm with stacey here: I never really disliked Alicia that much; her wariness of Veronica seemed completely reasonable, though of course incorrect.

But, Veronica copying Meg's files? The fuck. She has no reason to think that it's anything other than a secret diary or something, no reason to think it's connected to the bus crash or anything, no inkling at all of the stuff

that's going on with her parents / sister

a little later in the season, no reason to get it at all other than just "ooh information, gimme" – it's a complete breach of the privacy of someone she's feeling guilty about putting in a coma.

• Love 1

@Dougal, you're totally correct about the invasion of privacy stuff, 

and this theme comes up more in Season 3, Veronica doesn't know when to keep her nose out of other people's business!

I agree about the Meg's flashdrive info--not like Veronica to just breach trust, but I think she knew that as she did it with no real reason...just that it was THERE.  Which to me sounds very UN Veronica like to me. 

Still honest to goodness hate Duncan. He is SO boring!  I hope he is gone soon...or they break up -- I am a first time viewer so I have no clue.  It's very fun to discover this show after so long. 

*Note I will say that I remember the scene when Veronica comes home and voice overs how her dad can't possibly know she had sex from when the show aired, so I might have watched with half an eye. ;)

• Love 1

Did Veronica copy Meg's files.  It looked to me like she was going to, but changed her mind when talking with the jealous client.  That client really did blow it.  I would think learning to convert to Judaism would have proven the guy was pretty decent.

And I agree, never cared much for Alicia and its not changing.