Type keyword(s) to search

Pentatonix: Season 3 Champs

They opened the show with “Sing,” which was great for them to have an original song on national tv. Poor Scott for a mostly dead mic for just about the whole song, though. The new mix of Stay/Middle was much better with the sound being perfectly balanced. I liked it.

Tour videos are popping up on You Tube.  I believe there is one of an entire show.  I don't see the need for a choreographed show because it almost has to affect the quality of the singing (doesn't it?).  The costumes are specially designed for them and they include Natural Disaster (mashed up with Cracked, I think) which I'm not sure is a good idea because there are still Avi-ators lurking about who will be triggered by that.

The full show video from Irvine, CA is ready good quality, both picture and sound. Other vids I’ve seen of Havana you can barely hear Kevin’s trumpet solo, but it’s really clear on the full vid. I think the choreography this time included much more input from the group, so the potential of getting out of breath is lower than in previous tours.

Here's a really interesting article on a few reports about revenue in the music industry and who gets what out of each dollar spent by consumers. https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20180819/00051140461/only-12-music-revenue-goes-to-actual-artists.shtml

Extrapolating from the report, it turns out that, of course, PTX has money savings in that they don't have to pay for instruments, but they don't have much money coming in from music publishing (not too many covers of their originals out there). Their concert tickets are their biggest source of income, of course. However, they do have the benefit of having unusually high album sales vs. streaming revenue, so that part of the charts is weighted more in their favor.

Definitely recommend reading it!

• Love 1

There will be a new Christmas album, Christmas Is Here, coming out October 26. They have been showing them recording during their summer tour, so I suspected a new holiday album since it fits their every other year release schedule.

The first video will be posted next Friday, “Making Christmas” from The Nightmare Before Christmas. They are going on a month-long tour between Thanksgiving and Christmas to support it. 

• Love 2

They just released the song list for the new Xmas album: 

What Christmas Means to Me

Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas 

Grown-Up Christmas (feat. Kelly Clarkson)

Greensleeves

Sweater Weather

When You Believe (feat. Maren Morris)

Waltz of the Flowers

Here Comes Santa Claus

Making Christmas 

Where Are You, Christmas?

Jingle Bells (with orchestra)

Here’s their performance of “What Is This Feeling?” from last night’s Wicked special. Personally, I think that if they have to perform with an orchestra/band, then Kevin should be fifth voice instead of VP, because you can’t hear him at all here: 

They were on James Corden’s show last night, singing Sweater Weather. Kirstin broke her ankle on Halloween, but they did a good job covering that up. How they’ll handle it on their holiday tour will be interesting.

Edited by Sharpie66