Type keyword(s) to search

The Expanse in the Media

ApathyMonger
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Holmbo said:

Does anyone know if there's video of the panels? I can't find any. 

I read in the YouTube comments, you have to create an account at DragonCon TV to see the panels. 

This is a fun interview - Shohreh Aghdashloo and Cara Gee at the Mars close approach event at Griffith Observatory in July.  Yes, it is supposed to be that dark, it was shot in infrared.

• Love 1
On 9/18/2018 at 9:46 AM, Holmbo said:

Not worth it :/

Aw, too bad.  Maybe they will have the others up at a later date.

I haven't listened to this yet but it's a podcast on The Expanse from someone who was at DragonCon, I guess they is talk about the panels.

On 9/18/2018 at 1:01 PM, marinw said:

Does anybody know if the Expanse picked up any Technical Emmys?

Nope, no Emmys.  The Expanse is one of five finalists for the Peoples Choice Award for Sci-Fi Fantasy Show of 2018; voting is done here.

• Love 2
On 9/27/2018 at 3:16 AM, raven said:

Aw, too bad.  Maybe they will have the others up at a later date.

I checked it a few days later and there was another panel about the science of the Expanse. Very entertaining ?

• Love 1
On 10/7/2018 at 1:08 PM, ratSenoL said:

Some behind-the-scenes stuff to promo the next season on Amazon via io9: 

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-expanse-is-back-with-a-quick-tantalizing-look-at-i-1829574610

The cast seems really happy, and it looks like there are a few changes coming. Can't wait!

It is so funny seeing them out of character because they are so good in character. (Especially Cara Gee who terrifies me as Drummer.)

• Love 4
On 12/23/2018 at 12:27 PM, marinw said:

No where is The Expanse mentioned!

io9 has it as one of the 10 best!

An annual fixture on io9's best TV list, The Expanse represents just about everything we love about science fiction: it’s smart (with a consistent emphasis on the science part of science fiction), has incredibly dynamic characters, shows us conflict on both personal and planetary scales, makes the impossible feel real, and brings us hope. It’s also entertaining as hell, and this year’s third season—which cleverly bridged two of the books in the novel series that it’s based on—impressively expanded the show’s scope, as the mysterious “protomolecule” that’s been driving the action since the very first episode finally revealed its true purpose in the form of a gateway to new, alien worlds. We can’t wait to see what happens next on a show that, in a true disaster-averted scenario, almost didn’t make it to season four.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, theschnauzers said:

Burn Gorman is probably best known for his role on Torchwood, so I think that’s a good addition.

I loved him on Turn, playing a British officer who could have been a one dimensional bad guy, but became a more complex character with a sweet, sympathetic side. 

• Love 1

Filming on season 4 may have wrapped, but Deadline reports today on three season 4 cast additions:

Rosa Gilmore (The Handmaid’s Tale), Tyrant alum Keon Alexander and Jess Salgueiro (Mouthpiece) are set for recurring roles on the upcoming fourth season of The Expanse, from Alcon Television Group, the sci-fi drama’s first season on Amazon following its move from Syfy.

Co-created and written by Oscar-nominated screenwriting duo Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Children of Men), The Expanse is based on the bestselling book series by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (under the pen name James S. A. Corey). The cast includes Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Dominique Tipper, Cas Anvar, Wes Chatham, Frankie Adams and Thomas Jane.

Gilmore will play Lucia Mazur, one of the Belter refugees who have staked their claim to a new Earth-like planet on the other side of the Ring Gates. Trained as a medic, Lucia doesn’t hesitate to help friend and foe alike when disaster strikes. Alexander plays a wily and charismatic Belter faction leader. Salgueiro portrays a cynical corporate security officer.

Gilmore’s other credits include The Handmaid’s Tale and the upcoming John Turturro-directed Big Lebowski spin-off Going Places. She is repped by TMT Entertainment Group.

Alexander is coming off a heavily recurring role in Doug Liman’s YouTube series Impulse. Best known for his two seasons as Rami Said on FX’s Tyrant, he was most recently seen in the season premiere of NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service. He is repped by Gersh, GGA, and Authentic Management.

Salgueiro recently completed recurring roles on Amazon’s The Boys, Comedy Central’s Letterkenny, FX’s The Strain, Lifetime’s Mary Kills People and CBC’s Workin’ Moms. In film, she recently starred in Patricia Rozema’s Mouthpiece which screened at the 2018 Toronto Film Festival. Salgueiro is repped by Echo Lake Entertainment and GGA.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/the-expanse-rosa-gilmore-keon-alexander-jess-salgueiro-recur-season-4-amazon-1202563247/

• Love 1

The episode Abaddon's Gate is a finalist for a Hugo award.

Cas Anvar has a fun puzzle/book search going on.  I guessed the first location correctly though I haven't heard back yet if my guess came was received before the prizes ran out.  I hope he hid a book somewhere I can physically find it - I like this kind of thing.

On 6/2/2019 at 11:00 PM, TvGeek said:

Any word on when S4 comes out on Prime?

No, not really.  I just googled onto a couple articles from last month that say same-o-- sometime in 2019, probably in the summer.  The filming has wrapped and since they'll likely all drop at once, post is taking longer.

On 6/7/2019 at 5:38 PM, JZL said:

No, not really.  I just googled onto a couple articles from last month that say same-o-- sometime in 2019, probably in the summer.  The filming has wrapped and since they'll likely all drop at once, post is taking longer.

Do you just google "The Expanse" or "The Expanse News?"  Or is there a better way?

I'm just very ready to see some new episodes 🙂

7 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Do you just google "The Expanse" or "The Expanse News?"  Or is there a better way?

I'm just very ready to see some new episodes 🙂

Prolly just "The Expanse 2019 release date"

Hello everyone, hope u all having a nice day

Im here looking for something, I'm in need of the sound effect from the Guanshiyin Automatic Defense Countermeasures alarm from the series (S3E1).
Does anyone have a clue on where to get it? its for a video i'm creating.

Thank you in advance!

On 7/2/2019 at 2:45 AM, xaxat said:

Amazon, you know what would make me really happy this upcoming Prime Day? 

A surprise release of season four.

Why is there no release day yet!? I don't understand why they can't give us one.

Since Amazon releases whole seasons at once my guess they’ll want to promote it heavily when they’re about ready to start, SDCC being in late July, and with a Expanse panel on the schedule there, that would be a place to drop a date.

• Love 2

About a month or so ago Amazon focused on the reading lists of a couple of the actors so I thought for sure this was leading to an announcement regarding premier date.  It must be coming soon.  

Not keen on Naomi's new hair. Dominque Tipper still looks great, but she looked even more great with the shaved sides.

I like the new Roci 'beards are a must' uniform. Looks like Amos is winning that competition.

• Love 1