Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: S02.E06: Futamono

(edited)

What exactly do you call it when you eat yourself?

'Fucked up' is what I call it.

I can't be articulate. My mind is just COMPLETELY BLOWN and my brain has dribbled out of my ears. MIRIAM IS ALIVE!?

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 1

So, Jack finally gets suspicious of Hannibal, while Alana... sleeps with him.  Oh, Alana.  I bet you will be regretting this decision at least by the end of this season.

Loved Chilton bring up an "eating his own tongue" remark Hannibal made, as a reason he was suspicious.  I would find it hilarious if Hannibal's non-stop puns play a part in the beginning of his downfall.

Will has gone into "I don't give a fuck" anymore mode, and I love him for it.  He's actually gotten kind of badass now.

Hannibal serving Gideon his own leg.  Yup, that just happened.

Will's dogs!!!

• Love 2

Will in his right mind, doing what he can to get Hannibal, playing this high-stakes mental chess match is hella-sexy.

Oh Alana, I understand why you wouldn't suspect Hannibal, but still.  I hope you feel real out of sorts when you are finally convinced.

Why did those guards attack Gideon?  Were they paid by Hannibal or something?

My entire brain is going, "What the fuck?" right now.

I loved how sassy Will was in this one. When he's not having a nervous breakdown he's a really cool guy.

Man, poor Alana. "Wow, I had feelings for this guy who turned out to be a serial killer. Really dodged a bullet with that one, huh? Maybe my handsome, worldly mentor will console me in this time of need. I mean, there's no way he's a serial killer, right? ...Oh."

I just hope Dr. Gideon doesn't eat himself up over getting caught.

(I'm awful)

Also, praise Chilton for being the one to finally fucking say "Hannibal the Cannibal".

• Love 5
(edited)

I literally sat here and said to myself, "Why am I watching this?! This is so beyond fucked up!" when we saw that Hannibal was serving Leg of Izzard.  Fuccckkkkked up. That's just ..............eep.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

The food at Hannibal's party looked awesome, though. Good thing it turned out those hors d'oeuvres weren't made of people... this time.

Dare I say Dr Chilton was kind of... awesome this episode? The faces he made at Hannibal's party amused me to no end. And it makes me laugh that he recalls Hannibal's little joke about eating his tongue so vividly, and it's one of the things that convinces him to believe Will.

• Love 4

This show.

I yelled at the TV, "He's making him eat his own leg!" 

Hannibal is sooooooooo insane. 

I'm not sure how I feel about the way the character of Alana is written.  She's supposed to be a competent psychiatrist, but she seems to be ruled by her emotions rather than any kind of logic.  Now that I think about it, that's the opposite problem that Beverly had in that she suppressed emotion in favor of logic, and it got her killed.

At least Jack is finally starting to see things clearly, and these next episodes are going to be filled with so much tension as we watch him and Hannibal thrust and parry leading up to their showdown.  Looking forward to it.

Wow, Miriam is alive.  Of course, she probably won't be able to implicate Hannibal because she's got some kind of chemically-induced amnesia or something.

Will is so strong now!  I love it.  I think he genuinely shook Hannibal up with the murder attempt, which has probably made him more attractive to Hannibal with his twisted idea of friendship.

• Love 1

No that was a Chilton move to pay him back for making him look like a fool to Crawford....not to mention his unnecessary surgery.

Then how did Hannibal know Gideon was hospitalized?

I don't really buy Hannibal chowing down on Gideon. He would have been pumped full of drugs: pain killers, psychotropics, etc.

That's true. It really doesn't make sense.

This show. This show! I've noticed that these last few episodes, I begin the show lying prone and relaxed on the couch, and by the end I have recoiled into a ball so tightly that my muscles are cramping, my hands are clapped over my mouth and... I am leaning ever closer toward the television.

I, too, am loving Badass Will. Bryan Fuller said this season would be Will's turn to come back swinging and boy is he shaping up to be right. We're only at the halfway point (Guys! WE'RE ONLY AT THE HALFWAY POINT!) and Will is controlled and rational, able to finally give almost as good as he gets in this twisted "friendship" with Hannibal. And while the other characters might think of Will as being psychopathic or sick for trying to kill Hannibal, we see that he is in total control of himself, and that his attempt to kill Hannibal was not a monstrous act of vengeance, but rather a cold necessity. Hannibal is not human, and he cannot be allowed to continue to do what he was doing. It doesn't make Will a monster to do what he knew had to be done.

(Thinking of the incarcerated "psychopath" using Freddie Lounds to ask his murderous admirer to kill his rival, I also think it's funny that I've heard people complain it's going to take too long to get into the book canon at this pace. But the events from Red Dragon are happening now! They're just happening to the wrong characters! The series is actually covering ground pretty quickly and I'm really excited to see how the expected events will be turned on their heads when we get there!)

Jack's faith in Hannibal has been shaken, finally (I wonder what Bella told him about her encounters with Dr. Lecter. Does she realize how he essentially manipulated her into killing herself in his office and then prevented her from suceeding? That would have been an interesting conversation to have with her husband), and Hannibal himself has been shaken badly enough to be making mistakes now in his desperation to reassert control. This is going to be a wild ride!

Alana - What can I say? I'm not surprised she was taken in by his not-inconsiderable charms, but I do feel sick thinking about how she'll react when she learns the truth. She rejected Will because although he was intelligent and fascinating, he was also unstable. Hannibal is the model of stability and steadiness, even in the face of great trauma. She perceives him as "safe." Which makes his betrayal all the more devastating. I assume he drugged her to get her to sleep the night like a good little alibi, but why did he wipe her wine glass with that cloth? Covering his tracks, or collecting her DNA for future dastardliness? (We know how he loves to tamper with evidence.)  Also, my god, Caroline Dhavernas is a beautiful woman.

Miriam Lass is alive. Why did he keep her alive for so long? What has he done to her in the meantime? What has she become in his care? I am turning myself inside-out with anticipation here!

Final thought:

"You intend me to be my own Last Supper?"

"Yes."

Sleep on that. If you can.

• Love 3

This show is so absolutely beautiful! The food, the crimescenes... I take them all in and there is a part of my brain that whispers: "but how exactly would he put a man in a tree or a tree in a man and in an empty parking lot" but I say "hush, enjoy!". This show's imagery IS the intelligent psychopath, flirting with my ability of reasonable thinking.

Oh, dear Alana. I liked the transition between Will's "Who does he have to kill before you see the truth' to Alana's face, watching Hannibal cut a heart. Perhaps the show will really go there. When Hannibal teased Will with "I'll give Alana Bloom the best"... he probably gave Will a flashback to what happened to Beverly.

Will has been damaged so much. I could liken him to a broken bone that managed to repair itself, and is actually stronger at the point of damage - but at the same time is crooked and the healing tissue grows like a tumor. (Or antlers) He has crossed the point of no return. Even when everything is over and he is free, he will always be in a cage.

• Love 4
(edited)

Most notable scenes for me are: Jack side-eyeing Hannibal when he hears "dinner party", Hannibal winking to Chilton making him goes all squirmy was so funny, and then the dinner scene with Hannibal and Gideon eating his own leg was crazy good! These 4 actors are always such joy to watch.

I just can't wrap my head on why Hannibal would keep Miriam alive after all this time, what's Fuller's endgame for her and Hannibal? Is it in character for Hannibal to do that?

Edited by niven
  • Love 2

I just can't wrap my head on why Hannibal would keep Miriam alive after all this time, what's Fuller's endgame for her and Hannibal? Is it in character for Hannibal to do that?

Perhaps he enjoyed their little talks over music, literature and human anatomy? Maybe she was his Clarice 1.0? His accomplice, completely brainwashed.

She had no arm, but as far as it was shown, she was relatively unharmed... We don't know yet if she has a tongue... And if her mental faculties are fully intact.

So the arm they found in S1E06 was fresh and her call to Jack wasn't a recording but a live phone call as well. Interesting. Though I'm still not sure whether Hannibal would keep someone alive/brainwash them before Clarice happens.

My first post here ... former TWoP poster, same screen name.

Dr. "Chitlin" made a point of warning Gideon that while he (Chilton) wasn't exactly Mr. Popularity at the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane, the nurse & two others that Gideon had killed were missed. Evidently, someone on the staff shoved Gideon down the stairs & may have helped Hannibal extract Gideon from the hospital. That's my guess.

Poor Alana ... "catnip for serial killers," indeed. I wonder if she's realized that, with another shrink being killed, she's becoming one of a rapidly dwindling pool of surviving psychiatrists involved with the various serial killers.

Hannibal didn't smack her for playing "Chopsticks" on his precious harpsichord?

I can't figure out what Hannibal's doing with Miriam Lass--she isn't eat-worthy? Maybe he took out one of her kidneys for a tasty recipe in which case she could still have survived?

• Love 1

Dr. "Chitlin" made a point of warning Gideon that while he (Chilton) wasn't exactly Mr. Popularity at the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane, the nurse & two others that Gideon had killed were missed. Evidently, someone on the staff shoved Gideon down the stairs & may have helped Hannibal extract Gideon from the hospital.

It's quite clear at around 24:30 that that 2 guards walking Gideon were the ones who tossed him over the side of the stairs onto the floor below after he talked about having taken the nurse's eyes out and saying crude things about her.

We have no indication yet of whether the guards were connected to Hannibal.

Chilton tells Gideon the dead nurse was well-liked. Afterwards, Gid goads the guards by suggesting she was a slut and that his killing her was punishment for refusing him when she basically refused no other. The guards beat him in what looks to me like a defense of her honor. I don't think therefore there was any other agent in Gideon going to the hospital other than Gideon. Perhaps he was angling a way out of his cell in response to Will's assuring him his goose was cooked while he stayed?

...And then his shank was cooked. Ah well: you pays your money, you takes your chances. (Another quibble: after taking a billy club to the choppers, I don't think Gid would be able to chew his own food.)

Mads's little twinkling when he pulled the surgical mask down for Gid: hee! And, um, uh-oh.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think it's plausible that no one compelled the two guards to whack and toss Gideon. I still wonder how Hannibal found out about Gideon's status, leaving Alana in his bed, so he could go to the BHftCI to do his "work" on Gideon and the fishhooked guard.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 1
(edited)

Every episode of this show is more fucked up than the last.

Oh, Alana...sad but can't say I blame here.  IMO if everyone were so inclined, both Jack and Will would have slept with Hannibal by now.

What did Hannibal put in Alana's drink?  Why did he wipe the glass?  OCD?

Dr. Gideon...OMG, how fucked up was that?  I'd been spoiled about Miriam but I wasn't spoiled about THAT.  For a moment, I thought GIdeon was going to say, after he ate his own leg. "Tastes like chicken."  I think Gideon's beating was set up by Chilton.  I'd be pissed if someone took out nearly all of my organs.  

How did Jack get the non human food at Hannibal's dinner party?  I don't think Jack will be off the scent though, once you put a suggestion in someone's mind, it doesn't just go away like that.  Now Jack knows he can't trust Alana.  

When Hannibal was playing his harpsichord, I wondered if that was the one Tobias tuned.  

The thing about Hannibal, IMO is this.  On one hand he wants everybody to know he's the ripper.  On the other hand he doesn't want to get caught.  On one hand, he's lonely and wants friends, on the other hand he only wants friends if it's on his terms.  

I thought it was interesting that Will said Hannibal eats people because to him, the people he kills are no better than pigs.  I think Hannibal respects Will, but I also thought Hannibal respected Tobias, in fact I think Tobias was the one person Hannibal was afraid of, he knew on some level Tobias would try to kill him.

Anyway, great show.  How long has Miriam been missing/dead?  A few years correct?  I wonder if Hannibal gave her a lobotomy?  

I still think Hannibal's own ego is going to sink him.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

The food at Hannibal's party looked awesome, though. Good thing it turned out those hors d'oeuvres weren't made of people... this time.

Dare I say Dr Chilton was kind of... awesome this episode? The faces he made at Hannibal's party amused me to no end. And it makes me laugh that he recalls Hannibal's little joke about eating his tongue so vividly, and it's one of the things that convinces him to believe Will.

Yes! In between squirming and flailing, Raul Esparza was cracking my shit UP.

• Love 1

Wow, Miriam's alive! I wonder what kind of person is she now.  I don't think she'll be able to accuse Hannibal because that would send fifty cops to Hannibal's house and we saw Jack's going to go there alone. 

I hated Chilton in SotL, but he's so great in the show. I agree with everyone else that Esparza's doing a brilliant job. 

Hannibal told Will he was impressed and it seems he mean it, because next thing he does is to prove Will's innocence. Maybe it's a bribe. Like "okay, I'll let you go free, now you leave me alone". Or maybe he wants to see what Will will do next if he's free.

I can't wait for next episode!

Okay, they 'explained' how the tree-victim got into the tree, but they really didn't address how the tree got into the middle of a paved parking lot. Hannibal has a backhoe?

(edited)

Okay, they 'explained' how the tree-victim got into the tree, but they really didn't address how the tree got into the middle of a paved parking lot. Hannibal has a backhoe?

It seemed like it might have been set onto -- not into -- the parking lot. If so, I guess Hannibal has a landscaping tralier that the Sheldon-Eisley-tree tableau was carted out of.

And Eisley had also been in water (waist high?) for a few days before discovery. So Hannibal has access to a pond or tank or something in which Sheldon could be partially submerged.

Unless Bryan Fuller says otherwise, I'm convinced Hannibal has accomplice elves to help him. They'd have to be fiercely loyal like Dobby the house elf from the Harry Potter universe.

Edited by lulee

it might have been set onto -- not into -- the parking lot

To me, it looked like the rubble around the base of the tree was broken asphalt. Did it look like dirt to you? I'm willing to concede the point: I don't think Bentley makes backhoes.

• Love 1

To me, it looked like the rubble around the base of the tree was broken asphalt. Did it look like dirt to you? I'm willing to concede the point: I don't think Bentley makes backhoes.

Rewatching, it seems like maybe somewhere in the middle; the base of the tree looks elevated, like it's up on a low sand pile, but it also looks like the pavement was broken and strewn about the exposed roots. The "planting"/ placement was pretty shallow.

No Bentley backhoes, but apparently he has something that will do the work.

Trying to piece some things together: After talking to Alana in the first segment, Hannibal goes through his Rolodex-of-meal-planning and pulls out Sheldon Eisley's business card and then a recipe for steak and kidney pie. Knowing that Zeller said that Eisley had been in water a few days, this seems to imply a time jump.

For a second I thought that Beverly's kidney had been the kidney part of the pie, but that would be a backward time jump.

Unless Bryan Fuller says otherwise, I'm convinced Hannibal has accomplice elves to help him. They'd have to be fiercely loyal like Dobby the house elf from the Harry Potter universe.

In my usual Hannibal haunt (Cleolinda's recaps/journal/Tumblr), we attribute these things to his Murder Wizard powers.

It can be two things!

He'd have to have some kind of color-coding system. Red dots are for eating, blue dots are for future patronage.

• Love 3

Hannibal told Will he was impressed and it seems he mean it, because next thing he does is to prove Will's innocence. Maybe it's a bribe. Like "okay, I'll let you go free, now you leave me alone". Or maybe he wants to see what Will will do next if he's free.

My bet is that this is a new phase in Hannibal's game/experiment. Like WIll said to Gideon, Hannibal did all this to see what would happen. Now he wants to see how this New Will will react and behave out in the open.

Aaaaand now I have a mental image of Hannibal calmly maneuvering a backhoe while wearing one of his impeccable suits.

• Love 2

My bet is that this is a new phase in Hannibal's game/experiment. Like WIll said to Gideon, Hannibal did all this to see what would happen. Now he wants to see how this New Will will react and behave out in the open.

Absolutely. Hannibal made the comment to Will about Will being in control for the first time. That makes Hannibal both vexed and curious - can't have him in control and have to see what he'll do.

(edited)

I binge watched this show over the last few weeks. It is so good and twisted, I can't believe I didn't watch it before.

This show might end up with me being a vegetarian, jesus, Giddeon was eating his own leg!

Edited by CheeseBurgh
  • Love 1

I love this version of Chilton.  He's not a buffoon like he was in the movies.  It seems like getting his internal organs removed might have actually changed his world view a bit.  

I think the show has done a poor job in showing us why Alana still trusts Hannibal.  I like that she reminded Jack that she knew Hannibal before Will or even Jack (which makes Jack's chat with her kind of ill-advised because she tips off Hannibal).  She has no reason to doubt this friend and colleague she's known for years.  She seems amused by his over the top elegance.  Just like she was amused by Will's social awkwardness.   Maybe she just digs awkward men.  

One of my concerns about the show is how insular all the characters are ...the same six people talk to each other!  Jack chats with Hannibal, Jack chats to Will, Jack chats to Alana and then Alana talk to Hannibal, etc ...and it goes around and around.  Sometimes I long for an outside person just to blast in and shake up their little world.  I need a wild card.  

Which is why I think I enjoy Chilton.  He shocked me in the ep when he agreed entirely with Will that Hannibal fit the profile of the Ripper.  His analysis of Hannibal was pretty good although I think he did it more because he enjoys getting points over Hannibal.  Part of him doesn't really believe it.  If he did, he would never get close to Hannibal.  He's not that brave.  

And I am loving Will more and more this season.  It's so nice to see him not be a victim.  I think Dancy is killing it.  I know Mads is awesome, but he does have the flashier role.  I fully believe Will is as clever as Hannibal and as he gets more and more into Hannibal's mindset (I think that's the symbolism of the antlers) he will surpass him. The question is, he does he become just Will again?  

• Love 4
The thing about Hannibal, IMO is this.  On one hand he wants everybody to know he's the ripper.  On the other hand he doesn't want to get caught.  On one hand, he's lonely and wants friends, on the other hand he only wants friends if it's on his terms.  

I thought it was interesting that Will said Hannibal eats people because to him, the people he kills are no better than pigs.  I think Hannibal respects Will, but I also thought Hannibal respected Tobias, in fact I think Tobias was the one person Hannibal was afraid of, he knew on some level Tobias would try to kill him.

I'm not sure to what extent Hannibal respected Tobias, but I recall him telling Bedelia that despite their similarities, he rejected that friendship in favor of Will. My own interpretation is that Hannibal is a narcissist. Tobias would have been on too equal a level. Hannibal likes being the psychiatrist authority figure over Will, getting to hear Will give an explanation (or appreciation, in Hannibal's view) of crimes that Hannibal himself committed, without having to reveal that he himself did it.

Additionally, Lecter did NOT eat Tobias. Tobias attacked him, Lecter killed him in a fight to the death, and the police found that result.

I think the show has done a poor job in showing us why Alana still trusts Hannibal.  I like that she reminded Jack that she knew Hannibal before Will or even Jack (which makes Jack's chat with her kind of ill-advised because she tips off Hannibal).  She has no reason to doubt this friend and colleague she's known for years.  She seems amused by his over the top elegance.  Just like she was amused by Will's social awkwardness.   Maybe she just digs awkward men.

Additionally, she believed Will was guilty of killing Abigail and tried to explain his guilt (due to the encephalitis, etc.), not find his innocence. So when Will tried to have Hannibal killed, it fit with her existing concept of Will as a killer, making it even easier to affiliate with Hannibal.

• Love 1

This show has me pondering such things as:

If I were stuck in the horrible situation of being fed my own leg, would I be at least a little curious about what I taste like?

How sustainable would being a cannibal be, particularly given the amount of organ meat Hannibal eats? Given all the chemical laden processed foods, pollution, medications, smoking, drinking, drug use etc....seems like eating a lot of people could be bad for your health.

This episode also made me think of that episode of the Simpsons where Homer gets turned into a donut and can't quit eating himself because he is so tasty.

• Love 1

Is it just me, or is being served my own flesh not as awful as being served parts of someone else's corpse? I think I would prefer to eat myself. At least I know where I've been. On the other hand, getting a chunk of flesh taken out? Ouch.

We indirectly ingest some pretty awful stuff when we eat farm animals. Hey, I eat at fast food joints and hot dog stands sometimes, and I know it's not gonna be top-quality grass-fed free-range meat, and I'm still okay. I imagine Hannibal's okay health-wise (but not mental-health-wise) as long as he balances the human organs with the other parts of the food pyramid. He doesn't eat like that all of the time, anyway. Only when a feast presents itself.

• Love 2

I'm not sure to what extent Hannibal respected Tobias, but I recall him telling Bedelia that despite their similarities, he rejected that friendship in favor of Will. My own interpretation is that Hannibal is a narcissist. Tobias would have been on too equal a level.

Actually, I think you're half right. Hannibal was fascinated to meet and talk with another killer, someone he could have considered a friend. But I don't think he considered Tobias an equal. Tobias didn't plan or manipulate, he just killed. He didn't share Hannibal's taste for theatrics. When asked what he would do when the police came, Tobias's plan was to kill whoever was sent, and then kill whoever came next (not a long-term solution that Hannibal could respect). He liked to toy with people and trick and control them, but in a way that was more primal and simple-minded than Hannibal's own methods. Once Hannibal figured this out, he realized that Tobias could perhaps be his equal in terms of brutality, but Will was his equal in comprehension, in intelligence, in scope and depth of vision. The only one worthy of being his "friend."

From that point, Tobias was nothing more to him than a pawn on the chessboard. He sent Will after him to see what would happen, but I believe he intended all along for Will to beat him. He was more interested to see Tobias' effect on Will than Will's effect on Tobias.

Or perhaps he really did respect them both and intended their encounter to be a sort of cage match for the right to be his "friend." But I'm pretty sure he was pulling for Will all along.

In any case, the fact that he didn't eat Tobias could have indicated respect, but more likely was because Hannibal confessed to having killed him, claiming self-defence. It would have been too dangerous for that kill to share any similarities with the kills by the Chesapeake Ripper.  It's interesting, though, that Hannibal eats the rude (people he considers "pigs") in order to give them some of the value he perceives they lack, but he also eats those he respects (like Beverly and Abigail) seemingly as a way of honoring them. I wonder if he picked the latter up from Garrett and Abigail Hobbs, or if he has always behaved this way.

• Love 1

Simply fabulous. This show truly is must see tv. It makes me glad that we now have the ability to buy shows on DVD, this needs to be watched more than once and in full context of the season.

I'm not sure how I feel about the way the character of Alana is written.  She's supposed to be a competent psychiatrist, but she seems to be ruled by her emotions rather than any kind of logic.  Now that I think about it, that's the opposite problem that Beverly had in that she suppressed emotion in favor of logic, and it got her killed.

At least Jack is finally starting to see things clearly, and these next episodes are going to be filled with so much tension as we watch him and Hannibal thrust and parry leading up to their showdown.  Looking forward to it.

Wow, Miriam is alive.  Of course, she probably won't be able to implicate Hannibal because she's got some kind of chemically-induced amnesia or something.

This is my problem with Alana, she seems like the least capable of the therapists we have seen, Lector, Chilton, and Dr. Scully. With the exception of telling Jack that Will couldn't be pushed too hard, has she been right about anything? Let's not forget it was her who recommended Hannibal to Jack and Will in the first place.

Love Jack starting to get clarity. Fishbourne has really been brining it. He reminds me how great an actor he is.

Wonder how Miriam will play into the series. I have loved AC since I first saw her, so her return thrills me.

Hannibal is the best advertisement the movement to turn people into vegetarians could ever have.

• Love 2

If I were stuck in the horrible situation of being fed my own leg, would I be at least a little curious about what I taste like?

Ok, fine.  I'll confess.  I was thinking that, too.  This show.  Gah.

Once Hannibal is exposed as the Ripper, we should be in for at least two episodes of Alana in the fetal position muttering "I'm not spoiled! I'm a good little girl!"  Rending of garments (and her medical license) might also be appropriate.

• Love 1

I'm with those who have declared Hannibal a Wizard who controls time and space. It's the only way he could either have a truck with a full grown tree with a human flower arrangement WOVEN into it out back during his dinner party and nobody notice it, or have said party, seduce Alana, drive to Virginia, drive back to Maryland with said tree/arrangement sticking up out of the back, jackhammer a whole in the erstwhile songbirds' parking lot, and plant his little eco protest corpse. 

• Love 1

This show has me pondering such things as:

Gideon looked like he was struggling when he swallowed the meat, I think I won't struggle as much as he did since it's inevitable and maybe pretty happy to eat it. It's my own leg, and to die knowing what myself tastes like would be pretty funny actually :)

• Love 1
(edited)

I've only watched Friday's episode once so I may well have missed some things.  But it was full of surprises.  I was spoiled about the reappearance of Miriam.  Pity.  That was a stunning closer. Why did Hannibal serve real food at his party?  Was he tipped off as to what Will said to Jack?  That was a surprise as well.  In the scheme of the story evolution it is too early for Jack to know for sure Hannibal is serving people to people. So I can well see why the real food was there for Jack to test.

One thing struck me as out of the blue. Alana.  She is represented as a compassionate, caring doctor but what was the impetus to bed Hannibal?  I never saw Hannibal make any overt sexual overtures to her.  It just seemed to me that the encounter was odd.  I saw nothing in the scenes that would have led to sex.  Mads M is a sexy guy but Hannibal is too buttoned up, too asexual to invite closeness.  In fact, Hannibal is so aloof as to put most people off. It would seem to me the plot was served by this action more than this action was a natural occurance of the plot.

Hannibal proved what an amoral, vicious psychopath he really is by making Gideon eat his own body.  It was the cruelest thing I think Hannibal has ever done. How did Gideon not vomit? It was a twisted and disturbing tableau.

I love Will.  And I love his dogs.  That is all.

Overall another excellent hour by Brian Fuller.

Edited by CatLady
  • Love 1