Type keyword(s) to search

Storyline Possibilities....What Could Have Been or Might Happen

• Start Topic

I love you Jl for this thread.

It was needed.

I think so too. We had one for spoilers but not for speculations.

I always thought that when Eric first came to town (Jensen Ackles) they were setting him up to come out of the closet. That would have been awesome.

Hmmm. I never thought about this. It could have been interesting :)

The fallout of Kate finding out that Clyde raped Jordan after bringing him to town could have been a good one. Imagine her knowing that she had been sleeping with Curtis 2.0!

Edited by jlrd2000
  • Love 2

I wouldn't mind if Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) comes back for flashback scenes how he knew the Dimeras to fill in the gaps into his copycat attempt to kill Hope. I still felt the both writing regimes still did a piss poor job not to fill in enough gaps with the Aiden character into his past and why he was in Salem ultimately.

Another story that needs to be explored is Chase and if he really did kill his mom. I'd love it if he hears a gun shot goes off and he immediately has flashbacks accidentally killing his mother. The boy who's playing teen Chase could definitely convey a later of emotions and it would probably give him a solid performance, maybe Emmy worthy. Plus Hope did take Chase's baby clothes and deposed the evidence to help Aiden and to protect Chase.

• Love 2

I decided to move this convo over here.

I always felt that if Hope could not have a child that was not Bo's neither should Bo have had a child with Billie.

Maybe maybe not. But this is a soap opera. If I wrote it, both them had children by different people to start as a means of bad karma they would had found a way to work it out together. Patrick still could had been locked up, doing time and Bope still could had raised Ciara as their own. It would had made Bo like the Shawn Brady, Hope be Caroline and Patrick been Victor of sorts. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

I wouldn't mind if Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) comes back for flashback scenes how he knew the Dimeras to fill in the gaps into his copycat attempt to kill Hope. I still felt the both writing regimes still did a piss poor job not to fill in enough gaps with the Aiden character into his past and why he was in Salem ultimately.

Another story that needs to be explored is Chase and if he really did kill his mom. I'd love it if he hears a gun shot goes off and he immediately has flashbacks accidentally killing his mother. The boy who's playing teen Chase could definitely convey a later of emotions and it would probably give him a solid performance, maybe Emmy worthy. Plus Hope did take Chase's baby clothes and deposed the evidence to help Aiden and to protect Chase.

Oh yes yes yes. This should be done. As it stands right now, everybody is just thinking that Aiden went psycho and tried to kill Hope. Major loose end!

As for Chase, the storyline about his mother needs to be brought out. Right now, the only one who knows is Hope. The gunshot trigger sounds great. He could go dark and even think that he shot his mom because he was a killer like his father.

I decided to move this convo over here.

Maybe maybe not. But this is a soap opera. If I wrote it, both them had children by different people to start as a means of bad karma they would had found a way to work it out together. Patrick still could had been locked up, doing time and Bope still could had raised Ciara as their own. It would had made Bo like the Shawn Brady, Hope be Caroline and Patrick been Victor of sorts.

This is what I was hoping for with baby Thomas. It's been done before with Shawn, Caroline, Bo, and Victor. In that case the truth didn't come out until Bo was grown. With Thomas it could have been told right from the start.

I almost wanted Zack to come back from the dead when I saw Blake Berris. It would never happen but I miss Blake Berris on Days so much. I wish the writers would bring him back as another character in the near future like they've done with others.

I so would love for Chelsea to return as Rachel Melvin. Again another good actress that should be on Days about now.

Chelsea could comeback as a doctor. She also had a friendship with Abifail. I'd love to see how she would be when she finds out about Abifail been fast.

Oh yes yes yes. This should be done. As it stands right now, everybody is just thinking that Aiden went psycho and tried to kill Hope. Major loose end!

As for Chase, the storyline about his mother needs to be brought out. Right now, the only one who knows is Hope. The gunshot trigger sounds great. He could go dark and even think that he shot his mom because he was a killer like his father.

This is what I was hoping for with baby Thomas. It's been done before with Shawn, Caroline, Bo, and Victor. In that case the truth didn't come out until Bo was grown. With Thomas it could have been told right from the start.

We vibing!!! Yes girl!

• Love 2

Great thread idea.

The gunshot trigger sounds great. He could go dark and even think that he shot his mom because he was a killer like his father.

...since we just got this from both Ben and in a way JJ, I'm burned out on the inherited violent tendencies concept. Plus, its malarkey in real world terms. But I do think far down the line Chase could explore this and lord knows he needs some resolution regarding his now immensely complicated past.

Eric being gay in the 90s? Hmmm. What was shown on-screen to make you think they were setting that up?

I'm still irked that the show bumped off Aiden, so I'll forever wonder how it would have been for Aiden to know he's filling in for the deceased Bo if Hope came back to him after Bo's return and death. Would they be able to work? Would Aiden have understood why she needed more time with Bo? I would like to think so. Plus having Aiden and Justin face off in court as opposing counsel would have been really exciting if done well...

I get that Aiden was always a bit grey as a character, but he had such long-term potential, as did young Aiden and Ciara as siblings.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Great thread idea.

...since we just got this from both Ben and in a way JJ, I'm burned out on the inherited violent tendencies concept. Plus, its malarkey in real world terms. But I do think far down the line Chase could explore this and lord knows he needs some resolution regarding his now immensely complicated past.

Eric being gay in the 90s? Hmmm. What was shown on-screen to make you think they were setting that up?

I'm still irked that the show bumped off Aiden, so I'll forever wonder how it would have been for Aiden to know he's filling in for the deceased Bo if Hope came back to him after Bo's return and death. Would they be able to work? Would Aiden have understood why she needed more time with Bo? I would like to think so. Plus having Aiden and Justin face off in court as opposing counsel would have been really exciting if done well...

I get that Aiden was always a bit grey as a character, but he had such long-term potential, as did young Aiden and Ciara as siblings.

Good points about Chase. I would like to see him in a interesting story other than hinting to him bullying Theo.

As for Eric, I always liked the character. I saw him as the "Anti Sami". While I saw nothing pointing toward him being gay, I think it could have been an interesting storyline at the time when Jensen first came on.

In the case of Aiden, I wholeheartedly agree. Lots of wasted potential there.

In a WAY back moment, I wanted to see more of Jack and Steve. We had that joke of a return in 2006, but I mean a REAL reunion. Going back to 1990, at the time of Steve's "death" Jack and Steve were finally on good terms. I have often thought about missed conversations that could've been. Now, with the PI business between John and Steve, I could see Jack's sleuth reporter skills being helpful and maybe joining the two of them.

• Love 2

I really hope they cast more teens to this teen set.

It's quite incestuous of what we have now, minus Theo.

Chase is Ciara's stepbrother (and IMO don't explore this as potential romance at all. They are brother and sister! Step siblings does not give a pass to screw in the family. I hated it when th Brady girls kept want to screw their Uncle Max. And no one said shit. Gross).

Ciara, Joey, and Claire - ALL RELATED.

Someone in another forum even asked for Claire and Joey. I wanted to throw up. I get soaps are an alternative universe but it shouldn't be promoting second cousins being romantic linked.

Learn the families soap fans. Stop being lazy. I dont want to see Tammy and Johnathan aka Jammy from Guiding Light. Just because you might see chemistry between family members doesn't make it right. Nasty. Gross. Disturbing.

Anyways I need at least 2 boys and 2 girls to offset a lot of this of different races too. Please casting and the producers find these people - WHO CAN ACT.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Ben should have run away  with baby Thomas.  Abigail and Chad would have gone searching for baby Thomas.   Abigail and Chad would remain friends and try not to give in to their feelings. (right now it feels like Ben was right about everything... well expect the murder part ).

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 1

I hate how this has all spun around on Ben as hes the bad guy.

It was Abigail who played him with her childish, hypersexual and cheating bs. Now, if this were real life, I would totally be against Ben despite Abigail not putting a penny between her knees.

Abigail being trapped in cabin and being used as Gerald's Game wasn't enough for me. That baby should had been Ben's so she'd live with the consequences of her actions - FOREVER!

• Love 4

Chase is Ciara's stepbrother (and IMO don't explore this as potential romance at all. They are brother and sister! Step siblings does not give a pass to screw in the family.

We're calling them step siblings when Hope and Aiden were married for 2 hours? I hardly think step siblings who weren't even raised together can really be considered brother and sister. JMO.

• Love 2

We're calling them step siblings when Hope and Aiden were married for 2 hours? I hardly think step siblings who weren't even raised together can really be considered brother and sister. JMO.

And, IMO, Yes they are step siblings. Has Hope gotten an annulment not that she needed to since she was married for two hours Aiden, which made her widow, but legally Chase is her stepson. If Hope didn't see Chase as her family she would had sent back to his auntie in Chicago not mention never given him a Horton ornament!

Ciara and Chase are still brother and sister whether one wants to be ok with it or not. Plus the kids, for intense and purposes, grew up together along with Theo as friends.

Edited by BlackMamba

Plus the kids, for intense and purposes, grew up together along with Theo as friends.

The kids did not grow up together, they were SORAS-ed in one day and Hope hasn't been his step mom for more than 2 weeks (though with Days time such as it is that's difficult to pin down).

I completely disagree that Ciara and Chase together is gross on a sibling level. They are not related by blood and they were not raised together.

• Love 1

I completely disagree that Ciara and Chase together is gross on a sibling level. They are not related by blood and they were not raised together.

I don't give care if they are blood related or not! Thats still nasty. Same thing when adopted siblings like Max boned Stephanie. That was his effin niece. He should had never done that. Period.

Adopted and Step siblings isn't a gateway to sexing other members in the family. No. I hate when Days, BB and to lesser degree GH makes it ok. The only show that doesn't test those waters is YR, thank god.

Edited by BlackMamba

Teresa/Brady/Kristin/Stolen baby

that story was bizarre to say the least.  But it was wrapped up so quickly.  Melanie was great IMHO in detective mode.  Teresa was barely in her own story.  John and Marlena could have been involved with the search.  There were a lot of missed opportunities

• Love 2

that story was bizarre to say the least. But it was wrapped up so quickly. Melanie was great IMHO in detective mode. Teresa was barely in her own story. John and Marlena could have been involved with the search. There were a lot of missed opportunities

TomSell did Eileen Davidson dirty. After giving her Emmy winning material and getting her back that last time, they used her in that hot bowl of mess. Boring and uncreative. The beginnings of TomSell getting their pink slip.

The kids did not grow up together, they were SORAS-ed in one day and Hope hasn't been his step mom for more than 2 weeks (though with Days time such as it is that's difficult to pin down).

Hope and Aiden dated/were engaged for like a year in real time and it was shown that Chase and Ciara had grown close. Once they were SORASed the timeline got messed up but we're supposed to believe that Hope and Aiden had been together for years and thus Chase and Ciara lived together as future step siblings for years. 

• Love 2

that story was bizarre to say the least. But it was wrapped up so quickly. Melanie was great IMHO in detective mode. Teresa was barely in her own story. John and Marlena could have been involved with the search. There were a lot of missed opportunities

I'm still amazed at the non-reaction they permitted John on the subject of Kristen's death. He's the main reason she's in their lives....but she is sorta killed by Marlena and he's like "Hun...oh". No real emotional exploration. After decades of him and her....that's it?

To say nothing of Theresa getting no apologies after the whole thing came to light.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

I know it's a leap of faith that since Chase and Ciara etc were sorased it follows that they spent years together and should have been given an ornament, etc.  But no.  I just presume they were almost that old anyway. 

Chase looks to be longing for Ciara but she's shut that down.  I'll give it a half ick seeing as I opine they haven't known each other for even two years.  What I don't like, but what was a great scene, was Rafe saying you're not your father.  He should know.  But poor Chase appears to be falling into that role.  It's a repeat of JJ to be sure, but could result in good story if done well.  I just hope he doesn't get an idea of kidnapping a girl down the road, it's my dread.  It was easy to miss but Chase had an aunt in chicago? who wanted him but he didn't want to go.  Great of Hope to raise him.  She's paying a little bit more attention these days.

I know we're getting maybe too many storylines and not always the payoff but it's so much better than it was, so we get to wonder. 

I haven't thought about Felicia falling through the skylight for years.  Thank you!

• Love 1

OMG, I just now pictured Linda Dano falling through a skylight, or Kristina Wagner. Who was Felicia on this show? Who here has ever known anyone named Felicia?

I also have not ever known anyone named Carly.

Felicia was on Another World which aired right after Days but it took me many years to watch it.  Carly was Chrystal Chappel who played Bo's other lover besides Hope and Billie.  She is who was retconned to have conceived Mela-me with Tanniel.  So somehow they are Hortons because Tanniel was a donated egg baby from Mags.  Pretzels.  But Mela-me had a nice relationship with Mags, it's true.

ETA Vic stole the Maggie eggies and gave them to his friend which resulted in Tanniel. That's why his son is called Parker after his birth mother. And Mags is just a Horton by marriage. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

I appreciate that they're trying to redeem Theresa but this thing with Brady is happening way too fast. In a matter of three months he's done a complete 180 and now is supposed to be in love with her. When did this happen? Did this happen off screen? They should have slowly become friends while co-parenting and then fallen in love for real (I don't believe Theresa was really in love with Brady, just obsessed). Also, this whole wanting to be a fashion designer seems to have appeared out of thin air as well. Before the new writers came on I don't remember her once saying anything about wanting to be a fashion designer or mentioning any career goals beyond working at the hospital.

I still say the serial killer story should have been taken to its natural conclusion. In real life Ben would have made sure Abifail was dead. He possibly would have killed himself as well. They had no problems killing off Will but I guess the Horton princess is just too special to die.

• Love 5

Can we finally get Sarah Horton back damnit! She would be perfect to bring back since her brother Daniel

will be dead

. It would be perfect timing since she's Maggie's daughter. Why not cast Lisa Peluso who once played on another world and search for tomorrow.

2ykx4jl.jpg

30vzvch.jpg

I'd love a story to be explored why Sarah has stayed away from Salem all these years. Or at least be there for her mom if the rumors are true Maggie will

return to alcoholism

I also wouldn't mind if EJ Dimera came back as a recast. Dena Higley said she didn't want anyone but JS playing him but who is she! She's the writer. Corday and Meng are the EPs. EJ should be in Salem trying save the Dimera legacy. Grayson Mccouch from ATWT taking over the role would work. Just give him a dye job but he's hot and a good actor.

41Wz5gBOGbL.jpg

mccouch.jpg

HollyH1020GraysonMcCouch.jpg

Also, this whole wanting to be a fashion designer seems to have appeared out of thin air as well. Before the new writers came on I don't remember her once saying anything about wanting to be a fashion designer or mentioning any career goals beyond working at the hospital.

I fucking hate how they bastarized Kim Brady Donovan as being a mom who disapproved of her career choice and made Kimberly out into a monster mom! Sweet Kimberly "Kimber" Donovan!! Yeah writers you really won me over with that one. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

One thing that I hope really happens is Nicole gets her miracle baby. If Theresa and Abifail can have one, why can't she? The downside of this would be Super Dan being the father of course. I'd be willing to try and overlook it though.

• Love 5

One thing that I hope really happens is Nicole gets her miracle baby. If Theresa and Abifail can have one, why can't she? The downside of this would be Super Dan being the father of course. I'd be willing to try and overlook it though.

I think this will probably push Nicole more towards Brady. If he happens to get his organ, Nicole might feel a closeness with Brady again because he will be forever linked to Daniel.

Hope and Aiden dated/were engaged for like a year in real time

Fair enough. But I still don't consider them related enough to get bent out of shape and call a potential romance gross. In a town where Sami has spent years involved romantically with her rapist and Hope's sister is her step mom, these two kids maybe getting together doesn't seem like a big deal.

Plus, since neither actor has a bit of screen presence that I can detect, have no chemistry at all and are as boring as can be - I won't be watching even if they become a romance.

Can we finally get Sarah Horton back damnit! She would be perfect to bring back since her brother Daniel

will be dead

. It would be perfect timing since she's Maggie's daughter. Why not cast Lisa Peluso who once played on another world and search for tomorrow. 2ykx4jl.jpg30vzvch.jpg

I'd love a story to be explored why Sarah has stayed away from Salem all these years. Or at least be there for her mom if the rumors are true Maggie will

return to alcoholism

I also wouldn't mind if EJ Dimera came back as a recast. Dena Higley said she didn't want anyone but JS playing him but who is she! She's the writer. Corday and Meng are the EPs. EJ should be in Salem trying save the Dimera legacy. Grayson Mccouch from ATWT taking over the role would work. Just give him a dye job but he's hot and a good actor. 41Wz5gBOGbL.jpgmccouch.jpgHollyH1020GraysonMcCouch.jpgI fucking hate how they bastarized Kim Brady Donovan as being a mom who disapproved of her career choice and made Kimberly out into a monster mom! Sweet Kimberly "Kimber" Donovan!! Yeah writers you really won me over with that one.

Love the ideas of the recasts in theory, but LP is way too old to play Sarah. She was a grown and established actress befor Sarah was even born on Days. I know SORASing is a common trope, but that's going overboard. I have the same issue with GM, although I think he could work better. It took me forever to accept the ridonkulous SORAS of EJ when JS was cast, adding another ten odd years wouldn't work for me. Besides, how do they explain the Sami mess they have just created if EJ comes back? I guess they could had him say that things weren't the same when she found him and they split, but I think more time would be needed for that to work.

The recast that I think is warranted is Stephanie. Her parents and brother are there as well as assorted family members. Also, we know She Who Must Not Be Named will be the cause of all hell breaking loose in Steve and Kayla's lives. Besides, I hate how Stephanie's character was thrown under the bus in favor of the retconned Taniel spawn, and allowed to simply vanish with no explanation. Bring her back and make her the S/K child we always imagined (smart, kind, loving but fiercely loyal and independent, with a little bit of Steve's devilish side) , instead of the pathetic, man-obsessed, fiend she was warped into. Since they are intent on redeeming Theresa, you can make her become close to Stephanie; thereby paying homage to the forgotten relationship of their mothers.

I'd also like some diversity that reflects real life. Specifically, I'd like a Latino family that is not related to Rafe, a black family not related to Abe. Asians not related to Paul. This way, we get new blood (perhaps someone age-appropriate and not insane for Joey, and some actual choice for Ciara and Claire, so we can avoid the you know it's coming battle over Chase and/or Theo.) Perhaps some of this casting opens up doors for Chad and Brady, so that they might not seemed jammed into relationships where IMO, the chemistry is sorely lacking just because there are no other options.

Edited because autocorrect is a horror

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 1

Love the ideas of the recasts in theory, but LP is way too old to play Sarah. She was a grown and established actress befor Sarah was even born on Days. I know SORASing is a common trope, but that's going overboard. I have the same issue with GM, although I think he could work better. It took me forever to accept the ridonkulous SORAS of EJ when JS was cast, adding another ten odd years wouldn't work for me. Besides, how do they explain the Sami mess they have just created if EJ comes back? I guess they could had him say that things weren't the same when she found him and they split, but I think more time would be needed for that to work.

I wanted Jason Thompson as EJ, but hes at YR.

In the end, this is Days. If they could rapidly age EJ from a baby to 30, Grayson wouldn't be some great shock. They could explain his aged look by saying Andre stored him in a freezer after giving him intense plastic surgery. Days is goofy like that. As for Sami, EJ could make it his secret that he's keeping Sami and his kids safe from Andre.

A good Dimera story would be if say

Stefano dies

you have an inner war between the three brothers. Now that EJ and Chad are the only ones with heirs, Andre is left in the cold. No woman would be dumb enough to sleep with Andre's crazy ass and have his illegitimate spawn unless she had no clue who he was. EJ and Chad could rub it in Andre's face if in the will Stefano says he can't get any Dimera money, stock or claim to Dimera Enterprises unless he has a child. I'd love to see what woman would fall for Andre and actually have kid and maybe she might scheme right back, and get something out of it. Get Sami and Abifail in the mix by having them get in both of their man's ear and have Sami/Abifail still have their conflict.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

GM is a great actor, but I think EJ can't be recast. AS wouldn't be okay with that, I'm sure. She probably feels she and JS were both screwed over somewhat by the show in the end...hence their reunion on the John Oliver show. They're going to stand up for one another, and probably insist they both come back together if the show wants to revisit their relationship at all.

....and I'd rather not see Nicole get a Miracle Baby at all. It's such Soap shorthand for Happy Ending and that's not what having a kid is, anyhow. Maybe she can just gently transition to another town over the course of a couple of weeks. Get a new job ie reconnect with someone from her past....something simple and nice.

Far as I can tell, the actress has been on as long as many of the other vets and always churned in strong performances. I hope she gets a somewhat happy open-ended sendoff.

Edited by DisneyBoy

GM is a great actor, but I think EJ can't be recast. AS wouldn't be okay with that, I'm sure.

I disagree. If Peter Reckell, Missy Reeves and Matt Ashford in the 1990s were recasted, then James Scott can be replaced too. There are exceptions to the rule but no actor should hold a role hostage. I like Alison but she don't executive produce Days nor does everything she says is the Bible. This is a business and there are plenty of out of soap actors who would probably be happy and thrilled to play an EJ Dimera and do it better! Now if she didn't want to come back because of an EJ recast that's her choice. Yet, if she were to be nasty about it via press, I'd recast Sami too.

Look at General Hospital (Jason Morgan) and YR (Ashley Abbott) they have no problem recasting popular characters. A good executive producer knows which people to recast and who not to recast. All these out of work actors but they chose to kill EJ off. Stupid. I would still recast, yall dont know me.

I'd recast monotoned Galen Gering! He's been playing Rafe since 2008 and paired with almost every leading lady and between him and the writing he's been decent at best. How the hell is he keeping his job??? We've all seen in the scenes with AS and now KA when he gets with stronger leading actresses - he can't hold his own! They act circles around him. I'm serious, If he can't make it work with KA, as his next leading lady, I'm not killing Rafe - call Ricky Paull Goldin! He can act, he's out of work and he'd make a better romantic hero than GG. Sorry GG fans but it's true! The only thing good about GG when he plays Rafe is when he takes his shirt off and him doing a love scene.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Disagree. Heck, I'd recast Jennifer because of the terrible mess they've made of her character the last few years...but you better believe there would be serious backlash from fans. The Ridge recast on Bold and Beautiful is still the cause of much frustration among fans of that show, and the producers were in a much more difficult situation with a loooong term vet not wanting to play ball.

Heck, Josh Charles as Roman is still mocked on these very boards. Actor loyalty means something to viewers.

I think they may be able to recast Eric someday because the character has been a dud for years now...but James originated EJ and replacing him will mean throwing out the possibility of flashbacks to his many complex relationships with vets like Kristen, Stefano, Sami, Marlena and Lucas.

Plus as others have pointed out, his story was left in a strange place and remains there. Bringing the character back with a new face could easily undermine any goodwill in the eyes of EJ fans.

And I'm not some huge EJ fan...

• Love 1

Heck, Josh Charles as Roman is still mocked on these very boards. Actor loyalty means something to viewers.

And we can keep disagreeing.

JOSH TAYLOR , that mf, can see the door. Rumor has it why he's still Roman is because he's Ken Corday's golfing buddy. I'll never understand that recast. Probably the worst in history. But in no way you can compare Josh Taylor's recast to someone who can be a way better actor who can be EJ Dimera!

You are talking about Ridge played by Ronn Moss. RM was decent and I agree you can't use alot of the Ridge history the same with Throsten Kaye playing Ridge, but had Bradley Bell got, RKK to play Ridge, it been a heck of a lot better.

And why push Melissa Reeves out for the route Jennifer has gone. Jennifer is only a subpar character because of the writing. No writer, IMO, since Sheri Anderson was able to have a grip on the Jennifer character like her. If you read her spin off novels it's way better than the poo we've gotten with Jennifer on screen the last two decades since Andreson left. Hell, they got MR doing prop duties for vapid KM. Jennifer should be focusing on journalist stuff and even find her a new love interest. Jack is dead. Jennifer should be able to move on with her life. It's crazy they even paired her with Daniel when they could had just found her new leading man by now. Jennifer shouldn't be a matriarch yet! She's 45, I think, even Kate isn't being a matriarch.

I simply can't stress enough, just because you're an original character doesn't mean you own the character! Last I checked James Scott didn't create EJ Wells Dimera - that was James Reilly introduced by Ken Corday. So, for me, if Ken Corday had any horse sense he would get his casting person and find a strong actor to play EJ. They did with Casey who played Chad first and now we have Billy Flynn probably one of the better recast ever on Days.

Fans can forgive anything if the actors and storyline are good - it goes hand and hand. The fanbase on GH are just as ferocious as Days fans. Jason Morgan is being played right now by a 3 time Emmy winner Billy Miller and that the audience likes him very much and happy the character Jason is back! Oh yeah fans will be peeved at first but most fans can get over it if the actor brings it! I refuse to believe it is impossible to recast EJ. And I'm speaking as someone who likes EJ a lot.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

I agree that pretty much every role is recastable. Case in point in Days -- RKK, his issues aside, actually worked as Bo. No, he was never PR as but, but RKK Lisa Rhinna created their own supercouple and were able to carve a niche in the show. DH remains, IMHO, the best Roman. Yes, WN is the better actor, but a lot of factors go into making a successful character, and DH as Roman had excellent chemistry with his siblings, parents, kids, Marlena, Abe, etc. this is why even with all the hoopla surrounding WN return as Original Roman, DH still got the girl and is the actor still in the show and because of the Roman returns mess, we have quite possibly the worst recast in the history of soaps with JT as Roman once WN left the show again.

Yes, recasting of a character played by a specific actor for an extended period of time can cause problems, especially in terms of using flashback scenes, hence the often used plastic surgery trope, so that the scenes can be played when needed. However, an essential character to a show should not disappear or die because the actor leaves

• Love 1

I agree with you in theory. Yes, good writing and a good actor is the goal....but the REALITY is this show will want AS back again and will need to bring back EJ as well, it seems. Their fanbase exists because of her chemistry with James Scott. Recast EJ and you essentially reboot the couple and risk ruining their appeal (whatever that is).

And since AS and JS seemed to get along and BOTH LEFT THE SHOW AROUND THE SAME TIME - no coincidence - AS will surely fight for him to get his role back if the producers want to continue their storyline.

Plus the show will probably end in the next three years, so why risk losing more fans by dumping JS?

Also, fans will be irked by a non-Brit playing EJ, which limits casting options.

Given those facts, I think EJ will remain JS.

Sorry about forgetting Josh Taylor's name. Too many names!

There is no way I can see JS returning to Days.  Ever.  Why would he want to?  He and AS were screwed over with their exit.  Although the morgue scene still makes me cry.  JS, unlike AS, was vocal about not liking some of the storyline with KM and TB.  In interviews he is smart, funny and goodness he is handsome.  Why in the world does he need Days?  Besides, I thought he was meditating in Tibet or something.  AS comes across as a lot more loyal and compliant to TPTB. She basically grew up on the show.  I don't know the actor pictured above but I could definitely see a recast possible and I'd be ok with that.  Because he ain't coming back.

I would prefer him back to the ridiculous Andre business going on as resident heir.  When I was spoiled that Philip would be coming back I hoped they'd write him feuding with Chad and the Dimeras again. Young heir against young heir.  But no.  Must have this forced "supercouple" instead for failure to suck up all of Chad's time.  Plus we get this Andre nonsense along with half of Chad's personality being brainwashed out of him.

• Love 1

I'm sure EJ (JS) is coming back to Days along with Sami in this new year. It may be a short stint to test out the dynamics; then, they will bring them both back maybe late in the year or in 2017. If JS is insisting on some say so over EJ's s/l and they get a strong (good) reaction to them being back, Corday may give it to him. I think Ali will only do yearly contracts so she is not committed long term and can leave if necessary. I like them together but I could easily watch EJ without her. I didn't like watching Sami this last go around without him though but I guess I'm protective over her and wouldn't want her to end up in crappy sl's and unless she is willing to negotiate a long term contract I don't think Ken would give her the same type of say so over Sami, he'd give JS (if JS agree to long term which I think he would at this point).

And as long as KM is gone which is the rumor I would be pretty happy with EJ's return. I really miss him.

I wonder though if KM is leaving (and wish it would finally be out in the soap news) how they will write her off. A lot of Days fans are speculating she is going to go crazy. In the meantime, her and Chad are going to get their love story. I hope they back burn her/them (not Chad though) until the s/l to wrap up her character comes up, I'm guessing in May for sweeps? I wish this stuff would be leaked. I've been waiting to read it so I can finally tick off the days to her departure.

Edited by daysgoneby

The writers should had really picked what Chabby angst they should had rolled with. You already have the spawn as the plot point. Why brainwash Chad?? I don't even care about the couple but in terms of story someone in the pitch meeting should had been, "Do you think the baby is enough plot point, Josh and Dena?"

Like they should had decided:

-Hold off the baby's paternity til February Sweeps. Let Abifail take care of baby as Chad acting like Uncle-Daddy until then baby got sick and needed blood, but they still could had been together as a couple. Yet they would had a lot more happy then for their fans.

or

-Andre could brainwashed Chad KNOWING that TJ was the new heir to the Dimera dynasty with Chad and Abifail knowing the truth prior. This could had went on til February or May Sweeps depending how crafty the writing could had been but brainwashing storylines tend to be my least favorite and with Higley writing it would had turned into hack city!

I don't know just wanted to throw it out there. But I was thinking about it why is Chad and spawn baby used as unnecessary plot points to get the inevitable of Crabs being a couple. Just stupid.