Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Core Values

• Start Topic

Not a bad episode. I liked the Kensei and Deeks moments and the Callen/Sam moments as well. Plus the ending with Granger was funny. (Maybe that's the wrong word)

And the guy who played Archy Hopper/Jiminey Cricket on OUAT is like everywhere. Good for him.

Edited by Chaos Theory

I have noticed, and I may be stating the obvious, but I have noticed that Sam and Callen are always disarming the bomb/cutting the cord/driving the car off the cliff. I'm not saying they aren't trained for it, but more that it's never even considered to have Kensi or Deeks assist. perhaps that's their division of labor and how their team works. But I was a little surprised Kensi and Deeks just left them there to deal with the bomb while they chased the baddie. Understood he had the cell phone and they needed to stop him, but they just walked away from the plant like - "k, see ya - good luck." I might be thinking about it too much.

Because of my '24' watching and my crime show obsession, i usually *am looking for the baddie to also take out the first responders. It surprised me that everyone was so in awe of Hetty's gut and no one else even thought of it.

Able was I, ere I saw Elba. (how did they *not use that one? Maybe because it's the one everyone knows. Poor President Beale.)

TVLine:

Ratings: NCIS: LA Hits 10-Month Highs as All CBS Dramas Surge

By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 5 2016, 8:38 AM PST

CBS’ Monday drama lineup rang in the new year with significant across-the-board gains.

Opening the Eye’s night, Supergirl returned to 8.8 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating, up 20 percent from its last fresh outing to hit and match its best numbers since Week 2.

A “chilling” Scorpion then did 11.5 mil and a 2.1, drawing its biggest audience since Feb. 9 and a best-since-premiere rating. Come 10 pm, a highly entertaining episode of NCIS: LA put up 10.5 mil/1.6, its best numbers since March 9.

I'm more concerned that the bomb squad is always one minute longer out than the timer on the bomb is set (well more or less). Does tv tropes have a page for that? I'm too afraid of the rabbit hole to look. They should also have a sub-section for bomb squads handing out their gear to the next best guy waving a federal badge in their faces when it would be much faster to have the guy who is actually already in gear actually do the job he's trained for.

• Love 4

I'm more concerned that the bomb squad is always one minute longer out than the timer on the bomb is set (well more or less). Does tv tropes have a page for that? I'm too afraid of the rabbit hole to look. They should also have a sub-section for bomb squads handing out their gear to the next best guy waving a federal badge in their faces when it would be much faster to have the guy who is actually already in gear actually do the job he's trained for.

Well CSI Miami had a bomb squad episode but that was only there to have HoCains teacher get blowed up but yeah there is a trope called "main characters do everything". It is often used out of a certain amount of necessity because if characters stuck with their job description shows would get boring fast.

• Love 1

I was sad that the guy that got poisoned was going to die anyway. I thought the whole point of the pregnant wife was that they'd be able to get stem cells (or whatever) from the baby.

• Love 1

I was sad that the guy that got poisoned was going to die anyway. I thought the whole point of the pregnant wife was that they'd be able to get stem cells (or whatever) from the baby.

I didn't think that was the "whole point" of the pregnant wife, but I did wonder why they didn't try that, or at least mention it. It wouldn't likely be a complete match, since he is not blood-related to his wife, but with cord blood it doesn't matter as much if you can't get a 100% match. If he is going to die anyways, might as well give it a shot.

I didn't think that was the "whole point" of the pregnant wife, but I did wonder why they didn't try that, or at least mention it. It wouldn't likely be a complete match, since he is not blood-related to his wife, but with cord blood it doesn't matter as much if you can't get a 100% match. If he is going to die anyways, might as well give it a shot.

Yes - I forgot all about this. Do we know he died? I meant to say this Tuesday - I will def want to know how tnis cliffhanger turns out. I hope they revisit this s/l.

The guy didn't die in the episode, but his prognosis was grim already and then they put him on a respirator; and then he wasn't any better by the end of the episode, so I assume he was still going to die, and soon.

I mean, best case scenario: they cut a scene/line for time. They usually try and have some type of happy ending, or at least a solid conclusion (for guest characters); that's why I was surprised that it seems the poisoned guy was going to die anyway.

There is a deleted scene on the DVD where Kensie and Deeks talk to the guy's wife in the hospital, who tells them that a prospective donor has been found, but there will be a two week wait before they know if it will work. She also tells them that she and her husband had been trying for a baby for a long time, and that you can't assume you will be able to have a baby whenever you want one. Anvil-licious, so long ago too.