Type keyword(s) to search

Supergirl Quotes

Trini
  • Start Topic

Imra: "What about Tommy and Gina?"

Mon-El: "What?"

Imra: "'You live for the fight when that's all that you've got.' Was it all a lie?"

(Hoping this will help get the song out of my head this morning...)

• Love 2
On 1/18/2018 at 10:11 AM, MarkHB said:

Imra: "What about Tommy and Gina?"

Mon-El: "What?"

Imra: "'You live for the fight when that's all that you've got.' Was it all a lie?"

(Hoping this will help get the song out of my head this morning...)

Mon-El: No, he speaks the truth.

• Love 1

Alex: First round's on me. Winn, get your chicken wings.

Winn: Yes! And I will eat an unnecessary amount of chicken wings as befits a man of my stature.

Ruby: Hell yeah!

Sam: You get precisely one "hell yeah" today. I hope you enjoyed that.

Alex: Not all of us are bulletproof, Kara, so cynicism? That's what keeps the rest of us alive.

Kara: You're all clear, kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home.

Brainiac: I assume that's some sort of film reference.

Kara: We never showed you Star Wars? Not a single Star War? 

I think it's just the use of a singular Star War that amuses me.

Mon-El: Well, you did it. Just like a Greek myth, you went down to the underworld, and slayed the three-headed monster, and saved Persephone.

Kara: Uh, I think in the myth, Persephone eats pomegranate seeds, and is confined to the realm of Hades forever.

Mon-El: Yeah, well, that just strengthens my point, because the Greek gods have nothing on you. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

Kara: You're all clear, kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home.

Brainiac: I assume that's some sort of film reference.

Kara: We never showed you Star Wars? Not a single Star War? 

I think it's just the use of a singular Star War that amuses me.

Mon-El: Well, you did it. Just like a Greek myth, you went down to the underworld, and slayed the three-headed monster, and saved Persephone.

Kara: Uh, I think in the myth, Persephone eats pomegranate seeds, and is confined to the realm of Hades forever.

Mon-El: Yeah, well, that just strengthens my point, because the Greek gods have nothing on you. 

Besides, Mon-El partly got the end of the myth wrong.  When Persephone's mother Demeter appealed the original sentence of eternity, Zeus ultimately ruled that Persephone only had to stay in Hades one month out of the year for each pomegranate seed she had eaten.  Since she had only eaten six seeds, she only had to spend six months out of every year there.  She was free to spend the other six months on Earth with her mother, during which the weather would be pleasant and things would grow (i.e., during Spring and Summer). It was only when she had to return to Hades that the weather would turn colder and things would stop growing (i.e., during Autumn and Winter).  It was the Greeks' way of explaining why we have seasons.

Brainy: I'm not a robot! I'm techno-organic. I have feelings. You should be crying too. These are tears of logic!

Brainy: None of the nanites have eaten kryptonite before and they're very nervous. I don't want to ask too much of them. They're just nanites.

Alex: Pacifism doesn't mean inaction. It just means you have to fight without raising the sword.

• Love 2

Alex: If she gets any more Delores Umbridge-y, I am gonna go full Weasley twin.

Brainy: Return to your homes. Or else.

Agent of Liberty: Or else what?

Brainy: Or I'll be required to beat you up. With physics.

Kara: Alex. There's a dragon on Main Street.

Alex: That's what I get for making a Harry Potter reference.

• Love 2

Frank: I am Agent Liberty.

Director Haley: Frank, respectfully, you are not leadership material.

Brainy: In retrospect, it makes sense that more than one person would've run the Collinwood 5K.

Kara: I just did one of those 23andme tests. And it turns out my real name is Kara Liberty. I was wondering if you could help me find my dad Agent. 

Kara: Reporter rule number one: if you get kidnapped, you're on the right track.

Nia: That doesn't make any sense!

Kara: Tell that to Lois Lane.

Nia: Who?

Nia: I thought that was a class ring.

Brainy: I was homeschooled. 

• Love 2

Barry: People don't become heroes because of circumstance. They become heroes in spite of circumstance. 

Barry: I don't like doing something bad like that on purpose. I think I'm gonna puke. 

Monitor: I must confess. My interest is piqued. You possess neither power nor abilities yet still manage to outwit an opponent with the powers of the Super Man.

Barry: It's just one word, Superman.

Barry: If that's supposed to be a pep talk, I've had better.

Gary: Can I get you guys something?

Barry: Apparently, we need allies and resources.

Cisco: I have ledgers to keep and miles to go before I sleep. 

Barry: Alex, what are you doing here? Ah, badass in every universe, got it.

Barry: This isn't the fortress of anything, this is the time vault. 

Oliver: Now, I don't think you're testing us to see if we're strong enough. I think you're testing us to see if we're good enough. And I don't think in any of the universes you've tested, that anyone has ever stood and confronted you like this. 

Monitor: Yes, you are the first in a multitude.

Oliver: I'm not who you need. You said I'd pass the test if I knew my true self. My true self is filled with darkness. Barry and Kara are different. They inspire hope. They inspire people because they are the best of us. And if this test of your is going to kill our best chance of stopping this crisis, well, as gods go, you're not a very smart one.

Monitor: The universe is a complex piece of machinery, and balance must be maintained. One change requires another. How would you propose I keep the balance?

Kara: Are you smiling?!

Oliver: I kind of like you guys. Don't tell anyone.

Kara: Cisco, will you do the honors?

Cisco: Anything for my favorite Kryptonian. And yes, I have a favorite Kryptonian. 

Clark: Lois Lane- 

Lois: *kiss*

Clark: That's all I had to say? I like this direct thing.

Edited by bettername2come
Misquoted and left out others and I'm not making 2 posts
  • Love 1

Superman: "Honey?"
Lois: "Yes, dear?"

Brainy: "An enormous robot, with the powers of Superman?  This is exciting.  Thank you for including me."

Lois: "Told you you'd catch me."

Brainy: "Does the book say anything about what I should do with this?"

Psycho Pirate: "Don't worry, Doctor.  Everything is as it should be.  The stage is set.  Worlds will live.  Worlds will die.  And the universe will never be the same."

• Love 3

Kara: Why do people cover things up? They should just know that we're going to figure them out.

I liked the quote. And the fact that it's completely hypocritical of her makes me laugh.

Brainy: I thought you may be interested in joining her on one of her many crime fighting and/or planet saving adventures. As a friend. A super friend.

• Love 1

Lillian: Couldn't you just waterboard me like a normal person?

Brainy: I need to get this out of my system before all the punching and fighting starts. Causality be damned. If I get this out normal function will resume.

J'onn: You haven't seen Star Wars?

Brainy: I believe I've been adequately shamed for that in the past.

Kara: Hope. Help. And compassion for all. That's what I stand for. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Kara: "It's not my fault, I had to take the dog to the vet!"
Alex: "You don't have a dog, Kara!"

Supergirl: "Pants!"

Alex: "How do you guys change so fast?!"

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

Kara: "Mxy, will you please take this seriously?"
Mxy: (news reel voice) "Take it seriously, 'cause every party needs a pooper, and that's why we invited Kara!"

Edited by Trini
  • LOL 2

Nia: This is just like the beginning of Deathly Hallows!

Kara: Moody and Hedwig died.

M'Gann: You lost comrades in battle? My condolences.

Kara: I should've been there.

Alex: Kara, it's okay. We all still have our ears.

M'Gann: You two were a couple, right?...You know J'onn. For a serious man, he's got a big mouth. 

• Love 5

From the Season 6 premiere:

Lex: *threatening to reveal Supergirl's identity to the world and gloating about how her enemies will target everyone in Supergirl's life even though she's gone*

Lena: *annoyed beyond measure with Lex's crap, decks him with a single punch to the jaw*

Lena (to Alex): I'm sorry; did YOU want to do that?

Alex: Oh, no -- family first!

• Love 2

Brainy: Let's assuage our anxiety again with a little "9 to 5," shall we? Wake up in the morning, get myself some breakfast...
I was so amused I will forgive him for misquoting the legendary Dolly Parton. 

Nia: How's it looking? 
Brain: Ah, not bad. In almost every scenario I can devise, we have a success rate of nearly 20%. 
Nia: That's a failure rate of 80%. 
Brainy: Oh, yes, it's terrible. 
Nia: Okay. 
Brainy: Tumble out of bed and I rumble in the kitchen, pour myself a cup of ambition 

Young Kara: In that moment, I saw my future, and I'm only 17. I don't know anything. I... I don't have a driving permit. Eliza's only let me do the laundry once, and I'm not even sure I know how to make rice. I don't know what I want my future to look like, but that wasn't it.

• Love 3