Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Thread

Lantern7
  • Start Topic

I enjoyed the heck out of both of those seasons.  I didn't remember Cutthroat to the point I'm almost convinced I've never seen it before.  Not quite convinced, but I'm not 100% sure I had truly seen that whole season.  I had a few thoughts:

I don't think I ever knew/remembered that Camila came in off of some rando season.  I actually felt badly for her her rookie season and was impressed again at what a good competitor she was.  Too bad she was such a trash human being - she really could have gone far with the franchise.

Theresa - not only did I forget how much I disliked her, I forgot she existed!

Does anyone know why Laurel was so hellbent against Mandi coming into Cutthroat?  I know they would end up on different points of a CT triangle later on, but when Mandi went off with Chet (also forgot about his dumb ass!  Mandi as well!), Laurel was going hard about what a whore Mandi was.  

I've always had a thing for CT, and I'm glad he was able to redeem himself, but honestly, he never should have been allowed back, and they NEVER should have had his redemption arc depend on Adam.  It was great storytelling, and it all worked out in the end, but as much as I love CT, he was Adam's abuser, and MTV had no right to put him in that situation.  That said, it was pretty rich to hear Kenny and Evan talk about what a scumbag CT was.  Like, HELLO, until he rapes someone with a toothbrush, you can shut it.

Speaking of, it was really weird seeing them one last time knowing what they had done.  And I know how this is going to sound, but I'm gonna go there anyway.  I think Kenny was the lesser of two enormous evils.  I think Kenny is a misogynistic douchebag who doesn't see women has having inherent value, especially if they aren't sexually appealing to him.  So I think he saw no regard for Tanya and what he did to her.  It was just another dumb prank in his book, perhaps turned up because Tanya "deserves" a worse "prank."  Now Evan?  There's something about him that just says to me that he ENJOYED it, like I think he got off on it and was secretly very excited to have a "sanctioned" opportunity to do something like this.  That said, this is based on absolutely nothing.  And don't think I view things they way I described how I think Kenny views them.  I don't see this as just an overblown prank - I think it was a sexual assault, period, hard stop.

Getting to see Banana Backpack in all it's glory again was awesome.  And I will have to say, Johnny actually took a humiliating defeat with surprising grace and good humor.  And wow, the years have been kind to him.  He is a far better looking man today than he was ten years ago.  

I enjoyed Exes I too.  I never liked Diem, which I feel bad about saying, but I think it would be disingenuous to pretend otherwise.  I didn't like her, but I certainly was sad she died.  I never thought she was a bad person, but I think she was overly invested in her Good Girl image, and I do think she let CT down when his brother died and yet still played the victim with him.  But it did make me sad to see her, and know she ended up dying so young.  I know this is true of anyone, but it just made me wonder if she had know she would die so early, would she have made the same choices?  Again, I know you can live to 97 and look back and wish you made different choices, but it just made me super sad to see her and CT together.  Sad, sad, sad.

Still stuck on like episode four of Battle of the Seasons II.

• Love 3

From the latest episode thread:

12 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

This show was always about politics. I present to you a clip from my favorite challenge ever:

I don't know if "politics" would be the right word. Here's my recap from when the episode originally aired. Basically, Emily didn't want a situation where Veronica would pry her dudebroyfriend James away from her, and Ruthie and Ellen went along with kicking her out. And when James was voted out (long story; Antoine had to be the deciding vote), Emily bailed on her team to be with him. As much as I can feel bad that Ruthie never got her title, as much as I feel like we missed out with Ellen only doing a single season, they were both weak for acquiescing with Emily.

That wasn't a fun episode. This was before I started really loathing Veronica, and I got to see my favorite Melissa struggle on the course. Not good times.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

From the latest episode thread:

I don't know if "politics" would be the right word. Here's my recap from when the episode originally aired. Basically, Emily didn't want a situation where Veronica would pry her dudebroyfriend James away from her, and Ruthie and Ellen went along with kicking her out. And when James was voted out (long story; Antoine had to be the deciding vote), Emily bailed on her team to be with him. As much as I can feel bad that Ruthie never got her title, as much as I feel like we missed out with Ellen only doing a single season, they were both weak for acquiescing with Emily.

That wasn't a fun episode. This was before I started really loathing Veronica, and I got to see my favorite Melissa struggle on the course. Not good times.

Yes, I read your recap the first time you posted it. I feel like I know you because you've been posting about this show since the Might Big TV/TWoP days. I usually agree with most of your opinions except your love for Coral. Sorry, I can't stand her lol.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Yes, I read your recap the first time you posted it. I feel like I know you because you've been posting about this show since the Might Big TV/TWoP days. I usually agree with most of your opinions except your love for Coral. Sorry, I can't stand her lol.

Finally! Someone else who can't stand Coral. 

• Love 3

I was watching some later episodes of the more recent Battle of the Seasons on Pluto. I was amazed that only Zach and Nany were still regulars out of that cast (Granted Wes, Cara Maria were already eliminated by the time I started watching).  What happened to Marie Roda?  She was a regular until recently, I always liked her.  Also, I did not realize just how long ago that season was (2012).

The odd thing is, I remember some of it but not a lot.  It did remind me why I despised Frank so much so there is that.   There was a hilarious argument between Trishelle and Dustin, where Dustin got really creepy.  That was some great entertainment.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm not sure if I wasn't watching or just don't remember what happened but why did Sarah/Johnny become rivals?

They were always friends until Battle of the Exes.  There were four teams left, and Sarah and Jordan won whatever it is you have to win to throw someone into elimination, and Johnny was practically already celebrating being in the finals, but Sarah (and it was her, not Jordan) threw Johnny and Nany in.  Johnny was shook, lol, that she would betray him, and it led to him and Nany going home, missing the finals and the money.  So...one could argue she "stole" money from him before he returned the favor.

Rewatching seasons that led to Johnny taking the money from her, Sarah really kind of sees herself in a different light than she sometimes acts.  She was pretty much a bully to some of the contestants who didn't perform well, and she absolutely felt it was justified as just "part of the game" when she threw Johnny and Nany in, so I think her reaction was a bit hypocritical, tbh.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, lasu said:

Rewatching seasons that led to Johnny taking the money from her, Sarah really kind of sees herself in a different light than she sometimes acts.  She was pretty much a bully to some of the contestants who didn't perform well, and she absolutely felt it was justified as just "part of the game" when she threw Johnny and Nany in, so I think her reaction was a bit hypocritical, tbh.

I completely agree. I can't stand Sarah though so I'm biased lol.

Thanks for the info. Battle of the Exes II must have been when I stopped watching for a bit. 

• Love 2

I can't stand Sarah, but I was with her in Battle of the Exes because she did what Johnny would have done and has done to other people he calls friends to secure his own spot in the final.  However, when he stole the money, she was right to be upset because he wouldn't have gotten to or through the final without her.  The same can't be said about the Battle of the Exes season.

• Love 5

I couldn't stand Sarah either. She was so sanctimonious. In her later seasons she seemed a bit more mature, but earlier Sarah was constantly seeking validation by trying to get in with the “cool kids” at the expense of other people.

Johnny taking the money was the best thing he could have done for this franchise, and I believe he knew it then, and I believe he knows it now. In all honesty, is there a more iconic challenge moment as perceived by the general audience? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Johnny taking the money was the best thing he could have done for this franchise, and I believe he knew it then, and I believe he knows it now. In all honesty, is there a more iconic challenge moment as perceived by the general audience?

Yes: 

mq24PX.gif

🤣 😜

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
On 6/24/2020 at 1:25 PM, lasu said:

They were always friends until Battle of the Exes.  There were four teams left, and Sarah and Jordan won whatever it is you have to win to throw someone into elimination, and Johnny was practically already celebrating being in the finals, but Sarah (and it was her, not Jordan) threw Johnny and Nany in.  Johnny was shook, lol, that she would betray him, and it led to him and Nany going home, missing the finals and the money.  So...one could argue she "stole" money from him before he returned the favor.

I just rewatched Exes 2 recently also, specifically, because I couldn't remember how Johnny and Nany got back in the game. I forgot there was a redemption house concept in play during that season that they only showed bits and pieces of.

However, I think Sarah's decision in Exes 2 was justified because I genuinely believe that Johnny would have done the same thing to her had he been in that position considering that Jordan and Sarah were the strongest team.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Yes: 

mq24PX.gif

🤣 😜

Johnny taking the money was more a shock value than the Johnny/CT elimination on Cutthroat.

I remember watching Rivals 3, and watching Johnny take all the money. My jaw dropped! I could not believe Johnny actually took the money after the other 2 teams split the money. I thought that was so grimy, but it was great TV!

5 hours ago, AntFTW said:

However, I think Sarah's decision in Exes 2 was justified because I genuinely believe that Johnny would have done the same thing to her had he been in that position considering that Jordan and Sarah were the strongest team.

I just watched the last few eps of Exes 2 today for the first time and I have to agree. I think Johnny taking all the money from Sarah in the final is 100% a bigger dick move than Sarah sending Johnny into an elimination challenge just before the final.

That being said though, I still find it hard to feel much for Sarah because fucking hell she sucks. Johnny does too though, obviously.

Also, this Nia woman, wow. What an absolute piece of shit. She gives all the stunningly horrible people that are regulars on this show a real run for their money. In fact, I think she might be in like the Top 5 most awful people on The Challenge list. Just damn.

They also randomly showed the Bloodlines reunion after they showed the Exes 2 season and Abram was giving me mad heebie jeebies there. Like he is really legitimately terrifying and I would never want to be around him lol.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Also, this Nia woman, wow. What an absolute piece of shit. She gives all the stunningly horrible people that are regulars on this show a real run for their money. In fact, I think she might be in like the Top 5 most awful people on The Challenge list. Just damn.

Nia is a... piece of work. She's a lot. She's terrible.

Speaking of that, they booted her from the show. I was very conflicted about what should happen as a result of Nia's stupidity. I thought it wasn't fair to boot Leroy because of Nia but I also thought it was unfair to bring Theresa back, because she had lost. She was eliminated. I thought she should have not been given the opportunity to come back and win the season. I thought that was unfair to the other eliminated contestants so I was so conflicted over what was the right call.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They also randomly showed the Bloodlines reunion after they showed the Exes 2 season and Abram was giving me mad heebie jeebies there. Like he is really legitimately terrifying and I would never want to be around him lol.

You're right to feel the heebie jeebies about Abram.  He is legit cuckoo bananas batshit crazy!  Plus, his and Cara Maria's relationship has always been....interesting.  Given that Cara and Paulie's currently relationship comes across as somewhat healthier than the one with Abram is scary in its own right.  

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Speaking of that, they booted her from the show. I was very conflicted about what should happen as a result of Nia's stupidity. I thought it wasn't fair to boot Leroy because of Nia but I also thought it was unfair to bring Theresa back, because she had lost. She was eliminated. I thought she should have not been given the opportunity to come back and win the season. I thought that was unfair to the other eliminated contestants so I was so conflicted over what was the right call.

Yea, I saw that and I was conflicted, too. Obviously, I was glad they sent Nia home because she was disgusting and I don't think Leroy should have had to leave because of it but I agree that it didn't seem fair for Theresa to come back. But really they were in a bad place with that. Whatever they did was going to be unfair to someone.

5 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

You're right to feel the heebie jeebies about Abram.  He is legit cuckoo bananas batshit crazy!  Plus, his and Cara Maria's relationship has always been....interesting.  Given that Cara and Paulie's currently relationship comes across as somewhat healthier than the one with Abram is scary in its own right.  

I remember Abram from Road Rules and all the old challenges and I feel like at some point I used to kinda like him. He was always crazy and I sorta remember some talk about him and Cara Maria's relationship, but man he was just on another level in that reunion. Like when he's all ott angry it's not as creepy. He was so calm and just like serial killer-y at the reunion lol.

The seasons I didn't watch were Exes 2, Bloodlines, Rivals 3, and Invasion of the Champions. I remember I just couldn't watch Exes 2 because both Diem and Knight died and it just was too much for me to then watch them on there. And then I just felt so free not watching lol so I didn't come back. Until I did. Dammit!

I've now caught some eps/the endings of Exes 2, Bloodlines, and Rivals 3 on Pluto TV but they never show Invasion of the Champions for some reason. Or at least I keep missing them if they do.

• Love 1
On 6/27/2020 at 6:23 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I just watched the last few eps of Exes 2 today for the first time and I have to agree. I think Johnny taking all the money from Sarah in the final is 100% a bigger dick move than Sarah sending Johnny into an elimination challenge just before the final.

Oh, it's WAY more of a dick move, because Johnny is WAY more of a dick.  And I don't disagree that he would have thrown Sarah in before the final, given the opportunity.  And I think he would have taken the money even if she hadn't previously done that, though I don't see how they would have been rivals.  My point was more that it was interesting she played the game to her benefit previously (and like I said, was pretty much a bully to people who didn't perform well and she perceived as keeping her from money).  Johnny played by the rules of the game.  He didn't cheat.  He didn't steal.  He was/is an unadulterated douchebag and it was a total dick to do to someone who literally was your partner in getting the money in the first place.  But, Johnny didn't MAKE the rules. He played by them, and Sarah never had a problem with that before.

Also, I don't like Sarah, lol.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, lasu said:

Oh, it's WAY more of a dick move, because Johnny is WAY more of a dick.  And I don't disagree that he would have thrown Sarah in before the final, given the opportunity.  And I think he would have taken the money even if she hadn't previously done that, though I don't see how they would have been rivals.  My point was more that it was interesting she played the game to her benefit previously (and like I said, was pretty much a bully to people who didn't perform well and she perceived as keeping her from money).  Johnny played by the rules of the game.  He didn't cheat.  He didn't steal.  He was/is an unadulterated douchebag and it was a total dick to do to someone who literally was your partner in getting the money in the first place.  But, Johnny didn't MAKE the rules. He played by them, and Sarah never had a problem with that before.

Also, I don't like Sarah, lol.

I loved seeing Sarah on the Challenge. My first season of the show was Battle of the Seasons (season 23), and I had a good impression of Sarah from that season, so I loved seeing her every time she came back. Trishelle was a bitch for quitting on her in Rivals 2.

Let's assume that something else happened... they got in a twitter feud, prank war, Johnny TP'ed Sarah's house, Sarah wasn't there when Johnny's cat died, whatever... anything that would have made them rivals on Rivals 3, I think Johnny would have taken the money regardless of the reason.

I don't disagree with anything you said. Johnny played by the rules, but it was a dick move. Sarah and Johnny operated on two different levels of "dickishness." That final would have been much more boring had he split the money. Here's a question for everybody... do you believe Sarah would have taken the money?

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

Here's a question for everybody... do you believe Sarah have taken the money?

I was just thinking about that yesterday and I think she would've tbh. If she didn't it would've only been because she might have feared the fan's reaction to it.

I need to stop watching The Challenge all day long on Pluto because I do not need it in my thoughts this much lol.

• LOL 3
16 hours ago, AntFTW said:

do you believe Sarah would have taken the money?

I don't.  I haven't rewatched that season, but my memory was that she desperate for Johnny's forgiveness and approval.  And also, as mentioned above, she really is super invested in seeing herself as a "nice girl", even though sometimes she truly isn't.

• Love 2
On 6/29/2020 at 4:24 PM, AntFTW said:

I don't disagree with anything you said. Johnny played by the rules, but it was a dick move. Sarah and Johnny operated on two different levels of "dickishness." That final would have been much more boring had he split the money. Here's a question for everybody... do you believe Sarah would have taken the money?

Johnny has said in interviews that when the rule was introduced he knew the producers had put it there for a reason and that it would be boring if no one invoked it. He’s also said that he decided Sarah’s friendship was not worth 137, 000 dollars to him, which is his prerogative. I do not believe the decision was in any way related to what happened on the previous challenge; that was just a rationalization. It was a jerk move for sure, sort of the classic jerk move in the history of the challenge, but it’s not like anyone was surprised. Johnny IS a jerk. I think he more or less owns that.

As for whether Sarah would have taken the money, I think it’s a toss up. She did crave John’s friendship, but at that point she also had not been offered a significant amount of money to say “never mind, screw it.” I agree that how it would have been perceived likely would have been a big factor in her decision, since she always wanted to be America’s sweetheart (never worked on me, couldn’t stand her). But she also knew, almost from the beginning, that she wasn’t going to be in a position to make that decision, which is why she kept begging him to promise her he wouldn’t take it. And we’ll never know, because obviously whatever thoughts she has now about what she would have done are colored by what actually happened, 

On 6/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I need to stop watching The Challenge all day long on Pluto because I do not need it in my thoughts this much lol.

I’m right there with you, but it’s just so easy right now with the entire world being such a mess. There’s a comfort and nostalgia to it.

Regarding Abram and Cara versus Paulie and Cara, I just sort of refuse to like Paulie more than Abram even though I think both were/are unhealthy relationships. I actually liked Abram and Cara at first. While Abram clearly struggled with mental health, he is pretty brilliant and very artistically talented. He also clearly appreciated Cara for who she was and on Cutthroat, he defended her without making it a spectacle. As we approached BOTExes, it became clear that whatever issues he was dealing with were affecting the relationship, as Cara described it as really good when it was really good and really bad when it was really bad. During that challenge we saw him withdraw, pout, scold, and guilt Cara when he was unhappy with what was going on, but you could also see there was genuine love there. By Bloodlines, it was clear that it had turned toxic, with Cara wanting to leave and Abram exerting every kind of controlling tactic he could to prevent her. When threatened or angered, he jumped to a scary place where someone could legitimately have gotten hurt. I never felt any of it was put on or a performance on either of their ends. This was Abram, and Cara, and their relationship, just on TV instead of at home.

Fast forward to Paulie, and...ugh. On one hand, I’m not worried Paulie is going to physically threaten Cara. He’s much more calculated and cold blooded than Abram, not the type to pop off and throw punches (just the type to yell a lot about how he can and will and they will hurt you a lot). But I don’t believe for a second that any part of him loves her, because he’s incapable of loving anyone but himself. I absolutely believe he is using her. While maybe not technically abusive, his actions in gaslighting her have shown that he doesn’t care whether he hurts her. So much of their relationship on the show is performance, from both of them. He might genuinely enjoy being with her, but she’s never going to be a true partner to him. Paulie is all about Paulie and what serves him. He’s also extremely manipulative and has clearly figured out how to honeymoon his way back in even after some pretty unforgivable stuff. I draw a line between some of our more notorious challenge bad boys and Paulie, because I think Paulie is legitimately a dangerous person who shouldn’t be on TV. There’s nothing to learn from him, and it just increases his narcissism and validates his antisocial behavior. But that’s just me. 

• Love 3

I’m not positive, but I do remember reading that Paulie wasn’t allowed on this season because he couldn’t pass a psych exam. Supposedly he made an Instagram video where he threatened harm on many of the cast members. He is much worse than Abe, IMO. 

• Love 3

The thing that always stumps me about Abram is the thought he had a serious relationship with Coral.  That is a pairing I am a little confused and frightened by, while simultaneously wanting to know much, much more.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, scrb said:

Cara Maria won against Zach I believe when the final stretch of the Final involved solving a puzzle.

Oh man, I can still clearly remember many of the cast shutting on Cara Maria at the reunion and then we find out she won. I felt bad for her.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wish Pluto TV would add the first BOTS to their rotation. What a glorious season. Man, the memories!

I enjoyed that 20 minute distraction from work!  Such memories.  Belou and her kid!  Oh man, could you imagine if Challengers now a days were allowed to bring their children on??

I was really hoping that Pluto would show some of the earlier seasons, or at least have them on demand.  But it looks like they only play the same 3-4 season over and over again?

• Love 2

Belou and her kid! 

Belou bringing her baby on BOTS will forever be one of my fave things lol.

I was really hoping that Pluto would show some of the earlier seasons, or at least have them on demand.  But it looks like they only play the same 3-4 season over and over again?

As far as I can tell, they only play Rivals through Dirty 30. I want the early seasons on there so badly! They're not available anywhere and I find it very annoying.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/6/2020 at 7:43 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I wish Pluto TV would add the first BOTS to their rotation. What a glorious season. Man, the memories!

The Wicks got on my absolute last nerve so Belou going in and letting have on them was everything.  One of my favorite scenes from all of the Challenges. 

Edited by Decider
  • Love 2
On 6/28/2020 at 9:55 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I've now caught some eps/the endings of Exes 2, Bloodlines, and Rivals 3 on Pluto TV but they never show Invasion of the Champions for some reason. Or at least I keep missing them if they do.

That's weird because I have come across Invasion of the Champions at least twice a few weeks ago.   The one that they really show a lot is the newer Battle of the Seasons. 

On 7/1/2020 at 8:57 AM, Jillibean said:

Fast forward to Paulie, and...ugh. On one hand, I’m not worried Paulie is going to physically threaten Cara. He’s much more calculated and cold blooded than Abram, not the type to pop off and throw punches (just the type to yell a lot about how he can and will and they will hurt you a lot). But I don’t believe for a second that any part of him loves her, because he’s incapable of loving anyone but himself. I absolutely believe he is using her. While maybe not technically abusive, his actions in gaslighting her have shown that he doesn’t care whether he hurts her. So much of their relationship on the show is performance, from both of them. He might genuinely enjoy being with her, but she’s never going to be a true partner to him. Paulie is all about Paulie and what serves him. He’s also extremely manipulative and has clearly figured out how to honeymoon his way back in even after some pretty unforgivable stuff. I draw a line between some of our more notorious challenge bad boys and Paulie, because I think Paulie is legitimately a dangerous person who shouldn’t be on TV. There’s nothing to learn from him, and it just increases his narcissism and validates his antisocial behavior. But that’s just me. 

I always remember that creepy look he gave Jozea right before Julie announced that the Messiah of the Newbies was going to be voted out.  That look still creeps me out.  When you think about it, he was such a huge asshole that season he made Paul a fan favorite.  That says a lot.

On 7/6/2020 at 12:17 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Same here.  I started watching the Challenge during the first Battle of the Sexes so I would be interested in seeing some of the seasons before that. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/28/2020 at 6:55 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Invasion of the Champions is on Pluto TV right now (July 8th at 9:00 PM PDT).

Edited by Decider
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I always remember that creepy look he gave Jozea right before Julie announced that the Messiah of the Newbies was going to be voted out.  That look still creeps me out.  When you think about it, he was such a huge asshole that season he made Paul a fan favorite.  That says a lot.

Anyone who hasn’t seen the clip of Victor, Paul and Nat talking about Paulie describing his perfect woman needs to watch it immediately. You’re welcome. In case anyone wasn’t sure that Paulie is a very ill man. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Decider said:

Invasion of the Champions is on Pluto TV right now (July 8th at 9:00 PM PDT).

Thank you for the tip!

I did end up seeing the finale of IOC last week. I still keep missing any other eps from it though lol.

(edited)

I've been watching on Pluto for the last couple of weeks (I just noticed they had Challenge channel in addition to a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders MTT channel) and it seemed like they played the same few seasons over and over. Last night, I was watching Dirty 30 again and figured it would go back to Battle of the Seasons, which is the earliest I'd seen, but now I've got original Rivals on my screen.

I thought that they only went back so far as to not air the Kenny/Evan seasons, but they are on my screen in living color. So now, I'm confused, but kinda excited because I haven't seen this since it aired. I mean, I'm not excited about the JEK of it all (blech), but still, cool to see Ev and other "old timers" that I haven't in my previous watches.

EDIT: LOL JK. It just went from Rivals, episode 2 to the reunion show for Battle of the Seasons. (WHY do they insist on showing the reunion before they air the season?!) 

Edited by Girl in a Cardigan
adding new information
2 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

LOL JK. It just went from Rivals, episode 2 to the reunion show for Battle of the Seasons. (WHY do they insist on showing the reunion before they air the season?!) 

I don't understand why they only showed 2 eps of Rivals lol. They have shown all of Rivals before. The earliest season they've shown is Cutthroat. I really want them to show some earlier seasons.

I don't get why they seem to show the reunion eps of the seasons first either. So strange lol.

• Love 2

Watching again on Pluto, this time Rivals II, and I noticed that Bananas not only has a bobblehead, but that he brings it with him to the elimination meetings, where he wears his "the Real Johnny Bananas" t-shirt. I'm sure I noticed it at the time, but still, wow. I mean, I'm annoyed (because seriously), but also kinda impressed at his commitment to the bit.

He starts chirping at Wes (once they both make the final) and it's so hard to take him seriously because he's holding his own bobblehead in his hand.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Does Pluto have any of this on demand?  I looked, but couldn't find it, but I also couldn't find a search button so I felt like maybe the real problem is me.

2 hours ago, lasu said:

Does Pluto have any of this on demand?  I looked, but couldn't find it, but I also couldn't find a search button so I felt like maybe the real problem is me.

No, it's not on demand. It just airs on channel 323 (I think) 24/7.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Bummer.  I would love to have easy, legal access to older seasons.  I don't know why they won't release them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lasu said:

Bummer.  I would love to have easy, legal access to older seasons.  I don't know why they won't release them.

Same! I really wish they would put all the seasons up somewhere. I think maybe it has to do with the music possibly.

Since CBS All Access put old seasons up, I'm glued to my tv watching them.  I can't believe how many people I've forgotten about over the years.  Just finished Gauntlet 2, and I had to laugh when the thought of Susie and Cara having an alliance with the other team was so scandalous and shocking, when now its customary to come onto the show with alliances set up.  

And everyone looks so young and fresh faced compared to current challengers.  No lip fillers, contouring,  or overly done eyebrows. I miss the whole,  "hey guys! We got a CLUE!" set up before the challenge. 

Superman Alton...so kind and humble with his beautiful teeth.  Derrick the little pitbull. I remember liking Kina, but watching now she comes off like an entitled bitch.  Jo's freak out. Syrus. Ruthie. Robin. Timmy. Ace was such a cutie...I felt so bad when he messed up the challenge where they had to push the truck.  What a breath of fresh air to watch these entertaining people who seem like they're actually having a good time instead of it being a career.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, SarahC said:

Since CBS All Access put old seasons up, I'm glued to my tv watching them.  I can't believe how many people I've forgotten about over the years.  Just finished Gauntlet 2, and I had to laugh when the thought of Susie and Cara having an alliance with the other team was so scandalous and shocking, when now its customary to come onto the show with alliances set up.  

And everyone looks so young and fresh faced compared to current challengers.  No lip fillers, contouring,  or overly done eyebrows. I miss the whole,  "hey guys! We got a CLUE!" set up before the challenge. 

Superman Alton...so kind and humble with his beautiful teeth.  Derrick the little pitbull. I remember liking Kina, but watching now she comes off like an entitled bitch.  Jo's freak out. Syrus. Ruthie. Robin. Timmy. Ace was such a cutie...I felt so bad when he messed up the challenge where they had to push the truck.  What a breath of fresh air to watch these entertaining people who seem like they're actually having a good time instead of it being a career.  

I’m watching Gauntlet II now. I’ve never seen this season. Did this show used to be 30 minutes? Makes it easy to whip through a season. I think it’s weird how CBS All Access makes the episodes 30 minutes long by repeating the last several minutes of each episode. Just make it 22 minutes plus commercials and move on.

2 hours ago, Michichick said:

I’m watching Gauntlet II now. I’ve never seen this season. Did this show used to be 30 minutes? Makes it easy to whip through a season. I think it’s weird how CBS All Access makes the episodes 30 minutes long by repeating the last several minutes of each episode. Just make it 22 minutes plus commercials and move on.

I actually still have my old DVDs of Gauntlet II so I haven’t checked it out yet, but that’s really a strange way to edit something. Oh man, what a challenge. “I do, bitch!” 

It’s amazing to see how both the cancellation of the RW and RR and the rise of social media changed the people who populate these challenges. We can all complain about Wes, Johnny, Leroy and Nany (nothing but love for Aneesa), but they’re part of a dying breed. Whatever they might use their followings for now, they didn’t get into this for Instagram money. 

• Love 3

Please don't judge how quickly I'm going to get through these seasons.

Fresh Meat was fun to see Wes just still being Wes. He's really always considered himself quite the mastermind.  I wish newer seasons would go back to some of the old challenge formats so there isn't a much politicking,  but I guess that's not what they are going for.  

Evan and Kenny were charming and funny before they turned into such douche bags.  Casey was like an annoying little sister that I feel protective over.  Honestly I was glad she at least got to the final after going to the Exile so many times.  Forgot about Tina and how much she grates my nerves.  Coral should do commentary on everything ever.  

Honestly not much to say about the season as a whole.  Onto the Duel. It's already amusing to me how Tyler came in so confident that "all the girls will pick me!", then cut to after the first challenge and he's the last guy along with Bananas (who was just John at this point). 

I just finished the Gauntlet 2.  Man, I remember disliking Beth as much as the cast members did back when I first watched these. However, upon rewatch, I find myself sympathizing with and feeling sorry for her. Everyone was just downright nasty to her. It made me uncomfortable to watch the bullying behavior.

I liked Kina for the most part, but man, she sure hated Cara! She kept trying to put Cara down at the reunion, but Cara just shrugged it all off and didn't take the bait.

Poor Derrick.

Alton and Landon were absolute beasts! 

Katie was surprisingly quiet.

Overall, I really liked the cast and the camaraderie between everyone this season. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Zima said:

I just finished the Gauntlet 2.  Man, I remember disliking Beth as much as the cast members did back when I first watched these. However, upon rewatch, I find myself sympathizing with and feeling sorry for her. Everyone was just downright nasty to her. It made me uncomfortable to watch the bullying behavior.

She was horrible in and out of competition. She often sunk the Veterans team with the weight of a hundred Joshs. And I'm convinced the first two spins on the Gauntlet wheel were rigged so that she could pick the game where she'd be guaranteed to win.

• Love 1