Type keyword(s) to search

The Simpsons - General Discussion

nymusix
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, Brandi Maxxxx said:

Ray Patterson: I'm not much on speeches, but it's so gratifying to leave you wallowing in the mess you've made. You're screwed. Thank you. Bye.

He's right. He ain't much on speeches.

• Love 3

Intro: Backwards!

Chalkboard: I will not order pregnant rats (It kept raining. That's harsh, Marge)

Couch Gag: Toast family! I thought it was cute, the couch being a toaster.

So it's apparently bad juju if you pop a blow up doll in your house.

Oh my god, Moe finally didn't fall for a prank call?! We've reached the end, folks. Sharp eyes can see pictures of the Pin Pals and the softball team on Moe's wall, plus bottles of Absolut Krusty on the shelf. (Although I didn't catch the labels on Maggie's pacifiers)

Hey, the writers didn't forget some of Moe's former girlfriends: Maya from season 20, and the broadway actress a few seasons back. I honestly don't know what was sadder: Moe getting scammed by a mail-order bride, or Kirk as a DJ? But I'll be honest, this "romance" didn't do anything for me because it went NOWHERE. It was essentially an obligation that neither of them wanted, so why even bother?

"It's like one of those movies we'd wish Tom Hanks would go back to making."
"I know. How many captains can one guy play?"

It was really good to see Herman and his shop again. Loved how he scared the kids by ripping off his arm...then revealing THAT arm was fake.

"There's a WHITE wine?" I love the running gag of Moe not knowing how to make drinks.

Oh, and I loved Jon Lovitz's brief cameo as the Clippy of the dark web.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3

Woo hoo! Another great episode! 

I was just about ready to throw out my MILITARY ANTIQUE SHOP w/HERMAN "Simpsons Talking Interactive Environment" - now he's going back into the collection! 

Here you go, Galileo908! 

The.Simpsons.S30E06.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv_20181112_045948.945.jpg

Herman.jpg

Edited by Bichon
Forgot to include Herman's shop!
  • Love 1

Billboards outside of Moe's:
-- Absolut Krusty
-- Pappy's Bourbon
-- Johnny Stumbler
-- Duff Beer
-- Glen's Liver Scotch Whiskey
-- Northern Discomfort
-- Wild Clown Bourbon

I loved the selection of pacifier's Marge offered to Maggie, was basically like a tea selection. Girl Grey -- Hah ! That's pretty clever.

Poor Nelson -- goes all the way to Mars where he actually finds his father, only for his father to ditch him yet again.  Papa ? Where did you go Papa ?

On 11/11/2018 at 8:28 PM, Galileo908 said:

"There's a WHITE wine?" I love the running gag of Moe not knowing how to make drinks.

That made me chuckle.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

I did like this episode. Marge and Homer don't interact as much as a couple except when there is marital strife, so it was nice to see them as a team for the most part.

The one thing that bothered me is Homer is well aware of self-driving tech when he took over for that truck driver. But, it is Homer and he probably lost those memories after a beer.

Also, the talking tattoo thing reminded me that those exist in Futurama - wonder if that was intentional...probably not.

"They're still garnishing your wages after that garnish war you waged."

So Julio giving Marge a makeover passes her off as a drag queen. That's totally not something King of The Hill did years ago. But KOTH didn't have RuPaul or Drag Race contestants. And unlike KOTH, this felt, well, cartoonish. Yes, Drag Queen tupperware parties are a thing. Hell, the show even gave us links to some. I loved that "Waylon" was one of the drag queens and it was never addressed beyond the name.

Lisa's plot was okay. A bit sweet, but it felt like a time filler.

EDIT: Aww, Stan Lee tribute.

Edited by Galileo908

I heart Ru and Raja so they were the best parts of this ep (them and seeing Smithers and Sideshow Mel in drag).  And loved the return of Scott Thomson too! 

And aw, sniffle, Stan Lee tribute at the end.

Edited by Kaboom 2.0
  • Love 1
On 10/28/2018 at 2:14 AM, Brandi Maxxxx said:

Roger Meyers, Jr.: Gentlemen, the screwballs have spoken.

On 10/28/2018 at 8:13 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

The annoying thing is there are always articles about the lack of developed Asian characters in TV. So if they write out Apu there will be one less. It really seems like a perfect is the enemy of good with this situation.

I also generally hate the idea of you can't play a character unless you are an actor exactly like that character.

It's like people don't understand the concept of acting and "pretend" anymore.

I think Apu is actually one of the best characters: he owns (or at least manages) a successful business, and he comes across as more intelligent than most of the citizens of Springfield. 

• Love 2

I am glad to hear they are not caving in to a non-controversy by a vocal minority and writing Apu out of the show.  In a lot of the jobs I've had, part of our orientation was being informed not to speak to the press on behalf of the show, and leave that up to the communications department and the executive people.  This incident and Al Jean's response are exactly why companies have this policy.

• Love 1

"I come bearing the thing journalists hate most: News."

So Lisa is forced to become the lowest rung on the journalism ladder: A TV Recapper. Somehow this show was pointing at us/The AV Club. But just saying dumb things about what they saw on TV, it's perfect for Homer! Yeah, Homer starting to livetweet everything (even sex) hits close to home.

"JUST LIKE MY SHOW!"
"Why, is it season four again?"

Ouch. Same with Homer ranking "This is Us" C+. Take THAT.

Yeah, good luck writing down EVERY show that scrolled by (The Simpsons was one of them). There being no USA network makes tons of sense. I was thinking of shows like People of Earth and Final Space...but they're on TBS.

So it took 30 years for Krusty to perform in an actual circus? I figured the second Krusty committed to the circus life, the circus would shut down, and it did. It's all Bart's fault (the whole plot had seams of both Bart The Fink and Guess Who's Coming To Criticize Dinner), but I liked that Krusty turned himself in to save it. And I liked that Krusty got off because the jury was made up of people that hated Homer (and his bad reviews).

EDIT: Billy Eichner wasn't in it enough.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Yeah, good luck writing down EVERY show that scrolled by (The Simpsons was one of them). There being no USA network makes tons of sense. I was thinking of shows like People of Earth and Final Space...but they're on TBS.

Challenge accepted.

• Love 3

News stories seen at the Daily Fourth Gradian Editorial meeting:
-- A Long Way Brown: Requiem for a Lunch
-- Steroids and the Whiffle Ball Home Run Surge
-- Glue Sticks: Death in a Tube

Marge: "You're a what ?"
Lisa: "I'm a recapper."
Marge: "Huh ? what ?"
Lisa: "A TV recapper. I watch every episode of a show, then write a summary, followed by snarky comments and a letter grade."
Marge: "Well sometimes I do worry that I have the wrong opinions of what I've just seen."

Homer's first review of the Krusty show, as passed from Sideshow Mel to Krusty on the tablet:
"How do you know when a clown should call it quits ?  Is it when his monologue seems endless ? Is it when he throws a pie that clearly hits the face of a stunt double ? Or maybe it's the day he no longer makes you laugh. Overuse of comedic rule of three. Undoubtedly, this was the best episode of the season. But it still fell short. It is a pale shadow of a show that used to be the gold standard in afternoon clown-based kids TV. But still, at some level, it was a thrilling return to form. But, at another more important level, it was terrible. But still pretty good. But not really good at all.  B- "

Krusty (while driving his Tesla, trailing Homer): "I'll teach you to insult a thin-skinned Hollywood narcissist.  Ah Tesla, your 900 pound-feet of silent instant torque is the perfect killing machine."
That sounds it could be Tesla's new marketing phrase.

Homer (texting while evading Krusty): 
-- "Krusty is trying murder me. It will be the first time he has killed in years."
-- "Running me off the road, clearly a murderer out of ideas."

Krusty (when Bart wakes him up while he is laying on the gurney): "Don't look in my trunk. But if you do, uh, Chinese doctor says I need it."

Krusty: "Kid, I'm a TV clown, not like these trapeze-sucking tent fluffers.  Circus clowns don't talk, while I perform to camera with finely honed subtlety.  Hey hey !!"

List of clowns introduced to Soggy (Krusty):
-- Skitters ( I thought it was Skinners, but on 2nd viewing I think it's Skitters)
-- Bugbo
-- Wiggles
-- Clammy
-- Dr. Pickles
-- Mr. Bindle
-- Barrels
-- Drooly
-- Trembles
-- Blitzy
-- Handsy
-- Boobsy
-- Mr. Boobsy
-- Baby Boobsy
-- The Boobsy Twins
-- Ding-a-ling
-- Big Bong
-- Ring-a-ling
-- Zib zub
-- Fiddle-faddle
-- Flapjack
-- Sceneblow

Female dork: "How would like to come recap for us -- full-time -- at Culturesmash ?"
Homer: "You'll pay me to watch TV ?  God Bless You content-addicted click-baiters."

Peak TV -- That's pretty close to PTV or Previously.TV.  Just saying.

Homer: "Ok Walking Dead.  Too much walking, not enough dead. C+"

That elephant that Krusty/Soggy was hosing down looked a lot like Stampy.

Bart: "If they close this place down, where do I run away to -- college ?"
Krusty: "It's all over. I'm losing the only happiness that I didn't have to chug, snort, shoot, bet on or get enlarged. For the first time, I was a real clown. And now I've lost that."

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Challenge accepted.

Whew !  That is a long list.

List of TV shows scrolling by in the Google-Disney CEO office:
-- Bob's Burgers
-- Insecure
-- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
-- Empire
-- 9-1-1
-- Black-ish
-- F is for Family
-- Star
-- Lethal Weapon
-- Westworld
-- Station 19
-- The Haunting of Hill House
-- Bojack Horseman
-- The Handmaid's Tale
-- Black Mirror
-- The Simpsons
-- Bodyguard
-- Succession
-- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
-- The Romanoffs
-- The Gifted
-- G.L.O.W.
-- Barry
-- I Love You, America
-- Narcos
-- American Vandal
-- The Bold Type
-- Big Mouth
-- The Good Place
-- Atlanta
-- Baskets
-- Better Things
-- Apollo Gauntlet
-- Decker: Unclassified
-- Mike Tyson Mysteries
-- Neon Joe: Werewolf Hunter
-- Rick & Morty
-- Robot Chicken
-- Samurai Jack
-- Squidbillies
-- Tender Touches
-- The Jellies !
-- Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories
-- Your Pretty Face is going to Hell
-- Bosch
-- Catastrophe
-- Comrade Detective
-- Fortitude
-- Patriot
-- Sneaky Pete
-- The Collection
-- The Last Post
-- The Last Tycoon
-- Switched at Birth
-- The Tick
-- Tin Star
-- Transparent
-- Z: The Beginning of Everything
-- Better Call Saul
-- Fear the Walking Dead
-- Halt and Catch Fire
-- Humans
-- Into the Badlands
-- Preacher
-- The Son
-- The Walking Dead
-- Turn: Washington's Spies
-- Hit the Road
-- Ice
-- Kingdom
-- Loudermilk
-- Mr. Mercedes
-- You, Me, Her
-- Broadchurch
-- Orphan Black
-- Being Mary Jane
-- The New Edition Story
-- Rebel
-- Tales
-- The Quad
-- Family Time
-- Grown Folks
-- In The Cut
-- Mann & Wife
-- Saints & Sinners
-- Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce
-- Imposters
-- 2 Broke Girls
-- Blue Bloods
-- Bull
-- Code Black
-- Criminal Minds
-- Criminal Minds: Beyuond Borders
-- Doubt
-- Elementary
-- Hawaii Five-O
-- Kevin Can Wait
-- Life in Pieces
-- MacGyver
-- Madam Secretary
-- Man With A Plan
-- Me, Myself, and I
-- Mom
-- NCIS
-- NCIS: Los Angeles
-- NCIS: New Orleans
-- Pure Genius
-- Ransom
-- S.W.A.T.
-- Salvation
-- Scorpion
-- Seal Team
-- Superor Donuts
-- The Big Bang Theory
-- The Great Indoors
-- The Odd Couple
-- Training Day
-- Wisdom of the Crowd
-- Young Sheldon
-- Zoo
-- No Activity
-- Star Trek: Discovery
-- The Good Fight
-- Nashville
-- Still the King
-- Sun Records
-- Broad City
-- Detroiters
-- Idiotsitter
-- Jeff & Some Aliens
-- Big Little Lies
-- Crashing
-- Curb Your Enthusiasm
-- Game of Thrones
-- Girls
-- Gunpowder
-- Bones
-- Room 104
-- Silicon Valley
-- The Deuce
-- The Leftovers
-- The Young Pope
-- Tracey Ullman's Show
-- Veep
-- Vice Principals
-- Knightfall
-- Six
-- Vikings
-- Casual
-- Chance
-- Difficult People
-- Freakish
-- Future Man
-- Harlots
-- Marvel's Runaways
-- National Treasure
-- Shut Eye

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Whew !  That is a long list.

List of TV shows scrolling by in the Google-Disney CEO office:
-- Bob's Burgers
-- Insecure
-- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
-- Empire
-- 9-1-1
-- Black-ish
-- F is for Family
-- Star
-- Lethal Weapon
-- Westworld
-- Station 19
-- The Haunting of Hill House
-- Bojack Horseman
-- The Handmaid's Tale
-- Black Mirror
-- The Simpsons
-- Bodyguard
-- Succession
-- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
-- The Romanoffs
-- The Gifted
-- G.L.O.W.
-- Barry
-- I Love You, America
-- Narcos
-- American Vandal
-- The Bold Type
-- Big Mouth
-- The Good Place
-- Atlanta
-- Baskets
-- Better Things
-- Apollo Gauntlet
-- Decker: Unclassified
-- Mike Tyson Mysteries
-- Neon Joe: Werewolf Hunter
-- Rick & Morty
-- Robot Chicken
-- Samurai Jack
-- Squidbillies
-- Tender Touches
-- The Jellies !
-- Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories
-- Your Pretty Face is going to Hell
-- Bosch
-- Catastrophe
-- Comrade Detective
-- Fortitude
-- Patriot
-- Sneaky Pete
-- The Collection
-- The Last Post
-- The Last Tycoon
-- Switched at Birth
-- The Tick
-- Tin Star
-- Transparent
-- Z: The Beginning of Everything
-- Better Call Saul
-- Fear the Walking Dead
-- Halt and Catch Fire
-- Humans
-- Into the Badlands
-- Preacher
-- The Son
-- The Walking Dead
-- Turn: Washington's Spies
-- Hit the Road
-- Ice
-- Kingdom
-- Loudermilk
-- Mr. Mercedes
-- You, Me, Her
-- Broadchurch
-- Orphan Black
-- Being Mary Jane
-- The New Edition Story
-- Rebel
-- Tales
-- The Quad
-- Family Time
-- Grown Folks
-- In The Cut
-- Mann & Wife
-- Saints & Sinners
-- Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce
-- Imposters
-- 2 Broke Girls
-- Blue Bloods
-- Bull
-- Code Black
-- Criminal Minds
-- Criminal Minds: Beyuond Borders
-- Doubt
-- Elementary
-- Hawaii Five-O
-- Kevin Can Wait
-- Life in Pieces
-- MacGyver
-- Madam Secretary
-- Man With A Plan
-- Me, Myself, and I
-- Mom
-- NCIS
-- NCIS: Los Angeles
-- NCIS: New Orleans
-- Pure Genius
-- Ransom
-- S.W.A.T.
-- Salvation
-- Scorpion
-- Seal Team
-- Superor Donuts
-- The Big Bang Theory
-- The Great Indoors
-- The Odd Couple
-- Training Day
-- Wisdom of the Crowd
-- Young Sheldon
-- Zoo
-- No Activity
-- Star Trek: Discovery
-- The Good Fight
-- Nashville
-- Still the King
-- Sun Records
-- Broad City
-- Detroiters
-- Idiotsitter
-- Jeff & Some Aliens
-- Big Little Lies
-- Crashing
-- Curb Your Enthusiasm
-- Game of Thrones
-- Girls
-- Gunpowder
-- Bones
-- Room 104
-- Silicon Valley
-- The Deuce
-- The Leftovers
-- The Young Pope
-- Tracey Ullman's Show
-- Veep
-- Vice Principals
-- Knightfall
-- Six
-- Vikings
-- Casual
-- Chance
-- Difficult People
-- Freakish
-- Future Man
-- Harlots
-- Marvel's Runaways
-- National Treasure
-- Shut Eye

I think you missed one.

Kidding :)

• Love 2

And just because the wall of TV shows was a slightly different list, here we go.  Boy, I hope I spelled everything right. :)

Wall of shows in the Google-Disney CEO's office:

Large Block of Shows
1st Row: Life in Pieces, Madam Scecretary, Kevin Can Wait, Law and Order: True Crime, This is Use, The Simpsons, The Orville, Better Things, Fargo, 13 Reasons Why, American Vandal, Big Mouth, The Missing, Poldark, Claws, What Woudl Diplo Do ?
2nd Row: MacGyver, Victoria, Hot Date, Lethal Weapon, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, You're the Worst, Snowfall, Black Mirror, Bojack Horseman, Ozark, The White Princess, I'm Dying Up Here, The Last Ship, Good Behavior
3rd Row: American Horror Story, The Durrells, Schitt's Creek, Bones, Family Guy, Shameless, White Gold, Crashing, The Punisher, Iron Fist, G.L.O.W., F is for Family, Cleverman, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, At Home with Amy Sedaris, Animaniacs
4th Row: Man with a Plan, Billions, Ray Donovan, American Dad, Wanted, Superstore, The Defenders, Silcon Valley, Future Man, Room 104, Mindhunter, Friends from College, The A Word, Peopl Just Do Nothing, Teachers, Green Eggs and Ham
5th Row: Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Bob's Burgers, Queen Sugar, The Crown, Homeland, Legion, Arrow, Chicago Med, Slasher, Stranger Things, The Affair, SMILF, Angie Tribeca, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (spin-off), Younger, Sherlock
6th Row: Empire, The Last Kingdom, NCIS: New Orleans, Ransom, The Haves and Have Nots, Jane the Virgin, Chicago PD, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Flash, Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black, Twin Peaks: The Return, The Detour, Veronica Mars Revival, Do You Want to See a Dead Body, Animals
7th Row: Return of the Mac, Liar, If Loving You Is Wrong, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, The Good Fight, DC's The Legends of Tomorrow, Star Trek: Discovery, Santa Clarita Diet, Power, Chicago Fire, American Gods, Wrecked, Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on Television, Foursome
8th Row: Salvation, Swedish Dicks, Endeavour, My Mother and Other Strangers, Animal Kingdom, Broad City, Young Sheldon, Game of Thrones Prequel, Riverdale, The Girlfriend Experience, Search Party, Outlander, The Guest Book, Rhett & Link's Buddy System, Me and my Grandma

1st Small Block of shows
Fargo, Camping, The Rookie, Start Up, Transparent, Charmco, Snatch , iZombie, Supermansion, Bull, All American, Legacies, The Conners, Top of the Lake, Blue Bloods, The Romanoffs, Narcos, The Hundred, The Kids Are Alright, Preacher

2nd Small Block of shows
Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Get Shorty, The Deuce, Last Man Standing, Humans, Blackish, Fresh Off the Boat, Grey's Anatomy, Fuller House, The Son, How to Get Away with Murder, Kidding, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Homecoming, The Jellies, American Housewife, Tell Me A Story, Kominsky Method, She's Gotta Have It, Halt and Catch Fire

3rd Small Block of shows
Squidbillies, Neon Joe: Werewolf Hunter, Modern Family, Tin Star, Marvel's InHumans, Somewhere Between, Robot Chicken, Rick & Morty, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Detroiters, Still Star-Crossed, Peaky Blinders, Tender Touches, Insecure, The Ranch, Real Rob, Greenleaf, Z: The Beginning of Everything

4th Small Block of shows
Bosch, America to Me, Magnum P.I., Fortitude, Better Call Saul, Maniac, The Tick, rel, Mayans M.C., The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Patriot, The First, Sneaky Pete, The Miniaturist, Fear the Walking Dead, Into the Badlands, Forever, The Purge, Hit the Road, Chicago Fire

5th Small Block of shows
FBI, Manifest, The Neighborhood, Happy Together, Supergirl, A Million Little Things, I Feel Bad, God Friended Me, Single Parents, Criminal Minds, The Cool Kids, New Amsterdam, Murphy Brown, Family Time, Elementary, In the Cut, Mann & Wife, Saints & Sinners, Into the Dark, Hawaii Five-O

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

List of clowns introduced to Soggy (Krusty):
-- Skinners
-- Bugbo
-- Wiggles
-- Clammy
-- Dr. Pickles
-- Mr. Bindle
-- Barrels
-- Drooly
-- Trembles
-- Blitzy
-- Handsy
-- Boobsy
-- Mr. Boobsy
-- Baby Boobsy
-- The Boobsy Twins
-- Ding-a-ling
-- Big Bong
-- Ring-a-ling
-- Zib zub
-- Fiddle-faddle
-- Flapjack
-- Sceneblow

Invalid! No JP Patches?

• Love 1

Anyone else think it was odd that Homer and Marge were not in the courtroom ?  Everyone else in town was there.

The Jury consisted of:
-- Hans Moleman
-- Cletus
-- Patty
-- Selma
-- Cookie Kwan
-- Smithers
-- Disco Stu
-- Miss Hoover
-- The Sea Captain
-- Lunch Lady Doris
-- Superintendent Chalmers
-- Dr. Hibbert

Judge Snyder: "On the count of attempted murder of Homer Simpson, the jury finds Herschel Krustofsky .... not guilty."
<shocked gasps from the gallery>
Cletus: "It was self defense your honor. That recapper gave Krusty's show bad grades."
Patty: "It was justifiable Homercide."
Selma: "He gave Outlander a B minus."
Chalmers: "That show knows what it wants to be. Come on."
Judge Snyder: "Oooo. I've heard that gets really good about 8 episodes in. Krusty, you're free to go."

12 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I immediately thought of "Burn Notice".

• Love 2

Billboard: Krusty's Christmas Special - Hey Hey Hey! In The Manger

Blackboard: My Pre-Christmas behavior helps out the coal Industry.

Chalkboard: Other intros (atoms, mermaids, Edward Gorey)

Nelson explains the origin of veal via Anton Chigurh. I love it.

Homer turning into Gregory Peck's Atticus Finch when he stood up for Lisa and Lisa respects him for that? This is one of the weirder premises I've seen, but it was sweet in its own way (as was the ending with Maggie talking to him...somehow). You know when the plot is weak and short when they just kill time, like with Duffman and his crew. JK Simmons doing speed psychiatry was genius, but wow, they rush THAT? Turns out, Al Jean wrote the episode, which explains why the episode came in short on time. This was a REALLY weird episode and I don't know what to make of it.

Odd that Lisa's porkchop costume is a clear reference to To Kill A Mockingbird, but nothing really came of it, just an easter egg.

Lotta great sign gags:

-Heisenberger and Fries
-Cruelty-Free Saxaphone Reeds
-To Mock a Killing Bird
-The Science of Futurama (with Prof. Farnsworth cameo!)
-The return of Homer's pennants, one reading "Boo Radley" and the other "Yay Radley"
-Lisa's Ed Begley Junior Junior poster

I think Chalmers being Jewish is a more random retcon than Shauna being Chalmers' daughter. Jon Lovitz showing up (to kill time...) was a treat, as was the return of Llewellyn Sinclair at the beginning of the episode.

Homer randomly passing out and coming to in different places was great.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

Homer and Lisa bonding over To Kill A Mockingbird was great.

I said it many times before and I'll say it again: MARGE IS THE WORST. Why oh why must she meddle with everything?! Bart is going to be a horrible brat no matter what his relationship with his father is. Let Lisa look up to her dad a litle while. I swear to God, it's like Marge wants Lisa to be as bitter and disillusioned as she is.

*sigh* At least that last bit with Homer and Maggie was sweet.

• Love 2

Loved the speed therapy sessions at the school.

Krusty the Clone -- Weekdays at 6.  In the Future.

Professor Farnsworth and the 'The Science of Futurama' mobile board -- complete with space travel (the Planet Express ship), Statistics (Fun-o-graph), Magnetism (magnetic bowtie), Cryogenics (President Nixon's head in a jar), Lasers (Laser Gun), and Robotics (Hedonismbot).

Springfield Mall - Rats Control Third Floor

Springfield Mall looks a little rundown, and has numerous depressing stores.
Stores seen in Springfield Mall:
-- Destitution Hardware
-- Poverty Barn
-- Wage Gap
-- Toys Were Us
-- Goodbye Kitty
-- Wee Madame

Brands at the Wee Madame Shop
-- Twerking Girl
-- Ho Sweet Ho
-- Baby's First Thong
-- Call of Booty
-- Raggedy Anorexic
-- The Edge of 13
-- Jack the Stripper (for boys)

Nelson as Anton Chigurh with the cattle stunner throughout the episode was awesome -- including the end credits scene where he was threatening Puppy Goo-goo to extort Milhouse for money.

That history of veal in the school production was all kinds of wrong -- people don't want to know how the sausage is made (especially veal sausage).

Miss Hoover: "Who says my class is grim ? Who's Jem ? What are you talking about ?"
Lisa: "It's from 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. Page 67. The book you assigned us to read."
Miss Hoover: "I assigned you to read the Wikipedia article."

I liked that Bart's book 'To Mock a Killing Bird' had a vulture on the cover.

Lenny: "I never got along with my old man. He was disappointed I didn't follow him in the family business."
Moe: "What did he do ?"
Lenny: "He was editor of Life Magazine."
Moe: "Uh, I thought that was defunct."
Lenny: "Uh, he keeps saying a real son would have bought it out of bankruptcy and launched it as a digital platform. Well angel funders want to much equity.  Sorry Dad !"

Moe: "Yeah, my dad left the day I was most vulnerable -- the day after mom left. Yeah that was a tough week there."

Krusty: "I don't drive a minivan. Do I look like a suburban soccer mom from Phoenix ?"
Sideshow Mel: "Well, sometimes when you're tired."
Krusty: "Shut up !"

Abe: "You can't beat an addiction, Marge. I got hooked on Agatha Christie books, I always thought the murderer was that know-it-all Belgian. Turns out he was the detective. 41 books and I never saw it coming."

I like that Gregory Peck, Mary Badham, Philip Alford and John Megna were credited as Special Guests, since there was so much of the 1962 movie 'To Kill a Mockingbird' shown during the episode --  they played Atticus, Scout, Jem and Dill in the movie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On November 19, 2018 at 9:48 AM, M. Darcy said:

Amelie and RuPaul - I liked the combination. 

Though, I didn't really think that Homer did anything wrong - he probably shouldn't have burst in but to be fair, Marge didn't tell him what was going on. 

Seriously.

If the writers actually gave a damn anymore, they might have had Marge recognize that, or better yet, realize that maybe it was wrong using culture appropriation just to feel better about herself. But nope: as per usual, she blames Homer for everything and plays the victim. 

Former school psychologist here - those speed therapy sessions were uncomfortably close to reality, thanks to budget cuts.

"Toys Were Us" made me sad, given this is about the time I'd make my yearly visit.

Loved the movie clips integrated into the animation.

• Love 3
On 12/2/2018 at 11:42 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Abe: "You can't beat an addiction, Marge. I got hooked on Agatha Christie books, I always thought the murderer was that know-it-all Belgian. Turns out he was the detective. 41 books and I never saw it coming."

This quote was funny but bothered me because as a fan of the books, it isn't totally accurate. Won't say anything else to avoid spoiling things.

There were lots of sight gags in this one and the mall stores were quite sad. I love malls and am sad so many are dying.

• Love 2