Type keyword(s) to search

AHS: Questions, Comments, and Focused Discussion on the Series

• Start Topic

Alright, so everyone is in love with Evan Peters we all know that, everyone loves the bitchy roles that Jessica Lange plays but how far does your love go? Do any of you have some hardcore fandoming that you do?

I'm going to school to be a nail tech, and for our senior showcase (basically a giant project that you do before graduation) our theme was celeb dopplegangers, and I chose Taissa Farmiga for mine. I did my nails, Cortez themed though, even though she doesn't appear in that season but my hair and make up was on key. That's as far as my fandom goes.

• Love 1

I'm dedicated enough to join this site just so I can get up to date news on the show and find people who want to talk about it as much as I do. I have 2 posters, one t-shirt, own the first season, and write poetry about it. Also, I AM in love with Evan Peters. Also, Jessica Lange IS queen. Plus I'm not even a teenage girl. I'm in my 20's. 

I win :)

I didn't like the hotel, but I would love a house like Murder House (without the murders). I look at websites like Old House Dreams, and wish that I could buy houses and fix them up. 

I don't love AHS, though. I saw the previews on Friday, and once again wished that the show was as interesting to me as the little clips they put out before it airs. 

• Love 2

I got far enough along in the process of buying a Walking Dead hoodie to laugh at the ridiculous prices, but since it never crossed my mind to throw any cash into the AHS coffers, I guess . . . nowhere?

(Love the depth and intensity of the chat threads, though.  Look, I'm already here, early!)

• Love 1

ATM my fandom goes as far as tumblr, or twitter or forums.

I have a few fandom t shirts *for now I have a Darren Hayes t shirt, Sherlock, and Stitch* collection building up slowly but will get there lol.

Most of my money goes on my kids as I'm a single mum so when mummy does get a treat I will treat myself to a DVD or a fandom t shirt.

I got two things off topic. First of all the title of the last episode I believe was the title of some horror movie that was made in probably the early eighties. I remember being in a video rental store and looking in the horror section and seeing a movie with a skull on the box called Visiting Hours. I know not important but I was reminded of this. Second of all if anyone also enjoys the series American Horror Story I would be happy also to discuss it on the ahs board. It's pretty dead.  As dead as Norma Bates matter of fact.  The imdb.com message board for ahs was pretty active but alas it is gone.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Stringey said:

I got two things off topic. First of all the title of the last episode I believe was the title of some horror movie that was made in probably the early eighties. I remember being in a video rental store and looking in the horror section and seeing a movie with a skull on the box called Visiting Hours. I know not important but I was reminded of this. Second of all if anyone also enjoys the series American Horror Story I would be happy also to discuss it on the ahs board. It's pretty dead.  As dead as Norma Bates matter of fact.  The imdb.cm message board for ahs was pretty active but alas it is gone.

Old William Shatner slasher movie. So bad, it's good.

I think the AHS boards are dead because the season ended  and there's really nothing left to talk about. Especially after that Roanoke debacle.

29 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Old William Shatner slasher movie. So bad, it's good.

I think the AHS boards are dead because the season ended  and there's really nothing left to talk about. Especially after that Roanoke debacle.

I'm sure they'll pick up again next season. I actually really liked Roanoke. 

4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I liked it at the beginning, then just like every other season except Murder House, the wheels fell off.

I am actually a newcomer to AHS. Over the last seven months I have seen them all except coven I am now in the process of watching coven and have seen the first three episodes. I am really loving this season. I hear a lot of people say they are not too keen with AHS after murder house but I am a big time horror freak so maybe that is why I enjoy all seasons. As far as my least favorite I have to say Roanoke was my least favorite. I did however really like the way they ended Roanoke with the mother sacrificing herself to stay with the little ghost girl and allowing her real daughter to try and live a normal life with her grandparents. I think anyway it was the grandparents she was going to live with. As far as the other seasons I like them all in such different ways it is hard to say which one was the best. I was very excited for Freak Show because I like creepy carnival stuff and scary clowns. Twisty had a very tragic backstory especially. I was not very excited for Hotel but wound up really liking a lot of parts of it.

(edited)

If you live in L.A. or plan to visit, there is an AHS exhibit at the Paley Center for Media until July 30th. It is free. The exhibit showcases the actual costumes worn by the stars on the show. It was great to see them up close. I went the day they opened. Here are some photos of the exhibit. I will post more later which include other seasons: 

20170713_131024.jpg

20170713_131044.jpg

20170713_125435.jpg

20170713_125649.jpg

20170713_125544.jpg

20170713_125602.jpg

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

That Twisty head is pretty chilling. 

It is.  I wanted to get as close as possible to it to show just how chilling it is in person.  Here are other views of that head:

20170713_131141.jpg

20170713_131146.jpg

Twisty's shoes:

20170713_131124.jpg

20170713_130000.jpg

20170713_130936.jpg

20170713_131323.jpg

20170713_132515.jpg

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

Great shots, thanks. The head is somehow even creepier from the back. 

You are welcome. It looks so real. Something about seeing the head in person just makes the character even more scarier to me. It looks so life-like in person.

20170713_125932.jpg

20170713_131159.jpg

20170713_131949.jpg

20170713_132224.jpg

More photos to come later.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1

I know there are some timeline concerns with the actual year based on dates on Michael's laptop. My concern is a bit different and maybe I'm just lost and confused. So the apocalypse happened and everyone was in the underground bunker thing. Then when they were all killed and the Coven came to save their sisters. Then from there is where I get lost. They are now all out running around the outside world and everything is back to normal and NO apocalypse happened? Did I miss something? Did they go back in time? I'm thoroughly enjoying it but confused. Please help

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Everything after Cordelia and co. save their sisters is a flashback taking us back to the very beginning of the story. 

Thank you for explaining. It isn't very clear. 

• Love 1

So I know that Jessica Lange has a small role In the current season of apocalypse. As joyous as I was to see her return to her role from season 1 as Constance Langdon I feel that the series could benefit greatly if she came back in a recurring role. I dont know if it is a contract dispute or conflicts of interest but I feel American Horror Story would benefit greatly if Jessica Lange came back as a recurring character in the next season. She was an integral part in the American horror story franchise and made it what it is today. She deserves to be back if possible. Let’s make it happen 

• Love 1

First we have to murder her neighbors so we can move in and observe her habits. Someone is going to need to cut off one of Evan Peters's fingers for the first gift. We will all need to wear House Slytherin robes and the same mask used by Michael Myers....

What? If I have learned nothing from AHS, this will *work*, dammit!

• Love 5

I must be the only one who doesn’t want Jessica Lange to return.  I love her but but Coven and Freak Show were  my two least favorite seasons because the show became The  Jessica Lange Hour and I hated it!  Hotel might have been a mess but it was a fun mess and I loved that it went back to an ensemble show that it was always supposed to be.  

Apocalypse  sucked for a lot of the same reason.  Too much focus on a singular character. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

Ok, so I've been out of the AHS game a long time.  (I've only seen S1 [Murder House])

I have the capability to watch all the aired episodes/seasons to date, but am I truly missing anything?  I admit that I am curious, and a little anxious, that I am but I don't want to dive in headfirst and find out I wasn't truly missing anything amazing in the end.

I really liked MH, so much so I went back and made sure to re-watch the first few eps and finish the season a couple years after it originally aired.  My personal life situation got upended when it was airing live and after things finally quieted down and smoothed out, I was able to go back and finish it - but by then I had so much other stuff to catch up on or new stuff to get interested in, I never invested the time to check out any of the other AHS seasons.  Its been in the back of my mind, but now I'm in a limbo of trying to decide what I want to binge on next.

What I've heard over the years, S2 Asylum sounds intriguing, but I've heard very mixed reviews about just every other season that's followed.

• Love 3

Asylum and Murder House are the best season by far, IMHO. The other seasons try but don't come close. What they tend to lack is a compelling story line. It sometimes feels like they make it up as they're going along. Many of the seasons are intertwined, but not so much that you can't follow. 

Every season is visually impressive, but then they go off on a tangent, drop characters, add in plot lines out of nowhere, etc. I usually end every season with a "wha???" 

That's my 2 cents. I like the show, but I don't know if I'd call it "can't miss tv." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Ok, so I've been out of the AHS game a long time.  (I've only seen S1 [Murder House])

I have the capability to watch all the aired episodes/seasons to date, but am I truly missing anything?  I admit that I am curious, and a little anxious, that I am but I don't want to dive in headfirst and find out I wasn't truly missing anything amazing in the end.

I really liked MH, so much so I went back and made sure to re-watch the first few eps and finish the season a couple years after it originally aired.  My personal life situation got upended when it was airing live and after things finally quieted down and smoothed out, I was able to go back and finish it - but by then I had so much other stuff to catch up on or new stuff to get interested in, I never invested the time to check out any of the other AHS seasons.  Its been in the back of my mind, but now I'm in a limbo of trying to decide what I want to binge on next.

What I've heard over the years, S2 Asylum sounds intriguing, but I've heard very mixed reviews about just every other season that's followed.

The only 2 worth watching are Murder House and Asylum, in my opinion.

• Useful 1

It all actually depends on your feeljng about horror.  Some people insist that Murder House and Asylum are the only two seasons worth watching but I honestly really liked all the seasons except Freak Show and the most resent Appocolpse. My favorite two are actually Asylum and Hotel.   I actually found Hotel the most fun of all the seasons.  I really liked the mystery of who the 10 commandments killer was.  Roanoke has some serous issues but it was actually a good story.   I really enjoyed the political cometary of  Cult.    Coven was hit and miss for me but if you watch for mostly Jessica Lange she does good work but honestly this is where I got tired of her stealing the show.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

It all actually depends on your feeljng about horror.  Some people insist that Murder House and Asylum are the only two seasons worth watching but I honestly really liked all the seasons except Freak Show and the most resent Appocolpse. My favorite two are actually Asylum and Hotel.   I actually found Hotel the most fun of all the seasons.  I really liked the mystery of who the 10 commandments killer was.  Roanoke has some serous issues but it was actually a good story.   I really enjoyed the political cometary of  Cult.    Coven was hit and miss for me but if you watch for mostly Jessica Lange she does good work but honestly this is where I got tired of her stealing the show.  

I love good horror - not necessarily a gore hound, though - but I still need a good (& at least) semi-coherent storyline to keep me locked in.

IMO, Murder House was all that.  Each episode built upon the last, when it came to the horror, mysteries and the depravities behind the history of the house.

Another thing that made MH what it was, for me, was that all the characters were memorable and not just the main ones.  And maybe its because that was the only season I saw, but Jessica Lange really stood out to me in MH.

• Love 4
On 8/28/2019 at 5:33 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I love good horror - not necessarily a gore hound, though - but I still need a good (& at least) semi-coherent storyline to keep me locked in.

IMO, Murder House was all that.  Each episode built upon the last, when it came to the horror, mysteries and the depravities behind the history of the house.

Another thing that made MH what it was, for me, was that all the characters were memorable and not just the main ones.  And maybe its because that was the only season I saw, but Jessica Lange really stood out to me in MH.

If you want a semi-coherent storyline, then AHS after Murder House is probably not for you. Asylum was probably the most focused, but I can say with confidence that every season after the first falls apart about halfway through and becomes a hot, disjointed mess. Very few are even scary (Asylum and Roanoke were probably the most effective in that regard, in my opinion), and the one season that had a truly frightening villain, Freak Show, turned the plot way too early and wasn't scary at all after that. Unless you like gore, crazy, and just watching for the sake of what nuttiness will come next, I wouldn't recommend it.

• Love 6

Just finished bing watching season 8 apocalypse ending. 

I am so pissed it sucked! Ugggg I wanted Michael Landon to come out on top! Can’t stand the character(s) that Sarah Paulson plays!

love the Kathy bates characters though,

oh well such as the way shows get made. Evil never wins! Lol boring!

• Love 2
On 8/28/2019 at 12:51 AM, DangerousMinds said:

The only 2 worth watching are Murder House and Asylum, in my opinion.

"Murder House" and "Asylum" are definitely the best seasons, but I also think seasons 3-5 are worth checking out. "Coven" gets insanely campy but there are some scary parts. "Freak Show" was pretty fun to watch in parts, with great performances by Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates. "Hotel" was batshit crazy and over-the-top, with memorable characters like Liz Taylor (Denis O'Hare) and James Patrick March (Evan Peters).

It was all downhill after that. "Roanoke" was trash, "Cult" was the worst season, and "Apocalypse" a waste of time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The only season I would avoid is Roanoke. Cult has its moments but it's pretty divisive among AHS fans. 

Coven gets a bad rap. I have no idea why as it's easily one of the best seasons. In some ways it's my favorite. Very funny, good character development, and a fun story 

Apocalypse is very underwhelming. An interesting premise but it gets a little boring.

Hotel is very entertaining. Maybe a few loose ends that aren't well resolved but it's a fun ride.

Freak Show is good but I remember some people having issues with the musical numbers. I didn't have a problem with them but if David Bowie and Lana del Rey aren't your cup of tea, you might end up doing some fast forwarding. 

Asylum is very good. Hard to watch at some points but it's a good story. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Reading all the above posts you will see how very divisive this show actually is.   O disagree with people who think the show falls apart each season.   I never thought that.   I thought most of the seasons told really good stories it was just that the show does tend to throw too much into the mix at times when it doesn’t need to and sometimes like with Freak Show it drops its best storylines just to move on to the next one which is far less interesting.   But that is a minor nitpick because I have always felt this was a fun and well developed show that is hit a lot more then miss.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3