Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Baby Shower & A New Home

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

A baby-food competition is planned by Ben to coincide with Jessa's coed baby shower, while Jill and Derick say good-bye to family and friends before they leave for their new life in Central America. Also: an interview with Anna Duggar.

It's official, I lost IQ points while watching this drivel.

Ben is dumb, Jessa is dumb, Jill and Derrick are dumb. Israel is probably the smartest one of the group.

I know Blob's head will explode one day from not being able to speak on camera.

Why were the little girls wearing frumper-ish matching dresses? Are they reverting to the prairie days?

We.watched.them.eat.pickles.

I decided Anna cried because she realized she's so screwed and she hasn't got the backbone to leave the worm she married. And she's being kept captive at the tater tot house. Or not, but that's worse.

• Love 23

It's official, I lost IQ points while watching this drivel.

Ben is dumb, Jessa is dumb, Jill and Derrick are dumb. Israel is probably the smartest one of the group.

I know Blob's head will explode one day from not being able to speak on camera.

Why were the little girls wearing frumper-ish matching dresses? Are they reverting to the prairie days?

We.watched.them.eat.pickles.

I decided Anna cried because she realized she's so screwed and she hasn't got the backbone to leave the worm she married. And she's being kept captive at the tater tot house. Or not, but that's worse.

Israel for-sure was looking at the tutor with more comprehension than Jill in that one scene, wasn't he?

Glad someone else noticed the frumpers for the prepubescent, I thought that was odd.  Maybe they were worn by the lost girls who are still too swift and dart-y to be kept in their place, and thus provides a visual aid if they dash away.

Keep in mind, last week we saw Ben and Jessa talk about a piece of paper in her Bible and whether or not it is a bookmark, the pickles were actually a step up.

• Love 6

Duggars really need a good PR/spin doctor.  They certainly would have advised them to find a place for Anna and Ms and not put them in the girls' dorm.   Josh and Anna had a house they had to get rid of probably to protect if Josh is sued.  It is mind boggling that they think that is ok.  

• Love 16

Duggars really need a good PR/spin doctor.  They certainly would have advised them to find a place for Anna and Ms and not put them in the girls' dorm.   Josh and Anna had a house they had to get rid of probably to protect if Josh is sued.  It is mind boggling that they think that is ok.

JBoob and Michelle are tickled to death Anna's there to pick up Jill and Jessa's slack!
  • Love 16

Wait....I'm not watching (thank you to all you taking one for the team & reporting back here)....was it for sure made clear that Anna and her kids are living in the dorm room with the younger kids? If I was Anna and JB suggested that to me (unless I was destitute and desperate), I'd have said HELL NO.

Aren't there some Duggar rental properties he could put them up in? If not, JB should pony up and rent Anna a home or apartment nearby. This reeks of wanting her under the family's thumb where she can be monitored as well as a type of punishment for Anna (which she doesn't deserve) for not doing whatever they think she should have to keep Josh away from Ashley Madison, etc (barf). It's also infantilizing her - since she has no headship around, she has to move in with the unmarried young women and young girls in their dorm room. Oh Anna, I wish you'd tell these people to go to hell. I have a spare room you can stay in and we have a nursery we can fit some more small kids in.

ETA: I just read the live chat thread and see that she is for sure living in the girls' dorm room. Ugh. The Duggars suck. Run away, Anna!

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 21

Immediate thoughts - besides the boredom of this whole show:

Anna is having a REALLY REALLY hard time believing what she's saying about how she wants to forgive him bc that's what Christians do, until death do us part etc. She's just speaking the parts that she's supposed to speak as a good fundie wife -- it's how she was raised; I'm sure the Duggars are insisting she say it; and I'm sure her own parents -- whether subtly or directly -- are insisting the same. The long pauses in there were totally real -- that's how people are when they feel real emotion, unlike the Duggar girls. Ultimately I don't think she will leave YET, but I don't see this marriage lasting forever. I think she'll do the "right" or "expected" thing and forgive and welcome him back bc after all he IS her only love and as much as she hates him right now, she also can't picture a life without him. Nor does she have the "ability" to get a divorce and make it out on her own. I mean deep down EVERY woman has the ability, but she doesn't know that yet. It's not like she has single girlfriends she can look at and think - well if they can get a job and an apartment and be a single mom, maybe I can too. The only women she knows who are single are all fundies living under their daddies' thumbs, so I'm sure she feels overwhelmed at the idea of figuring out HOW to move out; how to sign a lease; how to get a job; how to apply for state/gov't aid should that job not pay enough and she needs WIC etc.

I think she welcomes him back and pretends nothing happened. They make sweet fellowship and she "convinces" herself everything is fine. They have another baby or 2 and she REALLY thinks it's ok. And then he transgresses a 2nd time or a 3rd time or whatever and then she FINALLY says, she's done and relies on those who've offered to help -- like her brother.

And the other thought -- Central America suits Derick. It's obvious that the THs were shot before they left and he wasn't as recovered from the surgery -- and looks sickly. Yet when he gets to Central America and starts to recover -- he looks like he's got some life back in him. He seems a bit like he did back in Nepal. He looks super comfortable walking the streets in random villages, making tortillas with the local woman etc. Maybe he really is someone who wants to see the world and a McMansion and SUVs just don't make him happy; maybe a white collar desk job in Arkansas with benefits and a 401k doesn't make him happy.

Regardless of what they are accomplishing in Central America - which may not be much - why doesn't he start to plan for a life there after their "mission"? If he can get himself fluent in Spanish -- with a business degree and being an American who WANTS to live there full time, he could get himself a business job down there. Latin America is a huge market and all kinds of multinational businesses are growing in those countries, why doesn't he try to capitalize on that. Added bonus on top of happiness -- seeing his inlaws 1-2x a yr instead of 1-2/week.

• Love 24

What a bloody bore this is. The only scenes i can actually stomach are the ones with Iz in them cus he really is a cute lil guy with a seemingly sunny nature.

Anna is an idiot. That's all i have to say about her and her shitty acting. Jinger Joy and Jessa need to lay off that harsh black eyeliner. It makes them look like hookers for Christ. Notice how Famy used to be the fun bubbly bestie of them all but now its ratchet Sierra? She must have asked for less payment than Famy. I reallllly can't stand Sierra that fundiefamewhore. No more profile shots, Sierra or ima hang a decoration off that appendage you call a nose.

I think Derrickdillard is wayyyyyyy happier away from her nutcracker suite of a family. She seems happier too. They dont grate me as much. .maybe cus they are just naive and stupid.

Riddle me why Benessa would need a Babymoon. It was described as time together before the baby arrives. Their whole fucking LIFE is time together!!!! NO ONE WORKS. And for some reason watching Blessa pound that pie into her piehole really made me cackle after seeing that shot of her caboose at the women's show. I'm sorry and don't mean to offend, but honestly i think i would rather have a root canal with no anaesthetic than go to one of those things.

Ughhhhh.

Advertising here in Canada was ONLY TLC show promos that i noticed.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 18

MyPeople, yes, Anna confirmed they are living in the dorms. She took over one of the beds that was Jill's or Jessa's.

If Derick likes living abroad, I wonder why he doesn't try to find some sort of teaching position at an international school. He has a degree, and it would give him a real career other than fake mission work.

• Love 11

Boring, boring, boring. Worse than last week.  Thank goodness it was only an hour.  Here are my thoughts:  

Jill looks like she's pregnant again, but maybe not since she mentioned possibly adopting like Jessa.  

Why does Jill's teacher have to help her with the baby during the lesson?  

Poor Anna--she looked like a deer in the headlights when she had to discuss her marriage.  And how demeaning that she and her four kids share a room with her sisters-in-law.

I never heard of a babymoon.  

I don't like baby showers to begin with, but if I was at Jessa's shower (where 150 people were expected--who invites so many people to a shower?)--I would have run out of the room screaming, "Let me out of here!"  Really, a contest to see which guy could make the best baby food?  That was Ben's bright idea--and of course he won the contest.  

And then the women's conference with that incredibly annoying cringe-inducing mistress of ceremonies was another wtf moment.

Commercials:  I saw two for Firehouse Subs, one or two for a feature film, one or two for an attorney (local?), and one for fathead.com.  Like last week, most of the ads were for other TLC shows. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 8

Wait....I'm not watching (thank you to all you taking one for the team & reporting back here)....was it for sure made clear that Anna and her kids are living in the dorm room with the younger kids? If I was Anna and JB suggested that to me (unless I was destitute and desperate), I'd have said HELL NO.

It occurs to me that maybe she is destitute and desperate.  Do the women get any financial control in these families, or does she get some sort of "allowance" from Josh for groceries, clothes, etc. that she would no longer be getting while he's locked up?  Does she have access to their bank account(s)?  She is pretty unlikely to be able to find a job that pays well enough to support herself and her kids since she's got no education. If I remember right I thought her family was fairly poor and lives in a very small house right?  Tough to cram in that many more people.  So she might really and truly be stuck with whatever JB offers her, at least for now.

• Love 12

Anna may not have access to their accounts. After all, Josh was spending thousands on hookers and she had no clue. That leads me to believe all the bills, credit card and bank statements went to him. He probably gave her x amount per week to buy groceries and whatever else they needed and that was it.

• Love 14

I didn't watch the show, just that preview that also had the rain part in it, and I liked that part too. Derick looked so happy walking out of their place and hopping that puddle on his way to school.

• Love 5

I got the impression that Anna is relieved, and even happy, to have become one of the girls. Being among the Duggars is probably the one place where she and her husband aren't being judged. And it sounded like the girls are warmly welcoming her. I think Anna may now be happiest just to be a Duggar daughter - she's got girlfriends, help with her kids. When Josh comes back, he's going to screw it up.

• Love 18

I am just watching now. Sometimes it seems so hard to get a read on these young women because they are so dedicated to Keeping Sweet and smiling. I saw a video recently of a former Gothardite who said they were always to smile with "at least 3 teeth" (I assume she meant on each side) and I notice the Duggar women do this as much as humanly possible under the circs.

It's hard to understand Anna setting herself up one more time for Josh "Lucy" Duggar to yank that football one more time. But I get that she believes it's the right thing, and that she loves him. I really can hardly wait to find out if by any chance he has truly repented and plans to spend the rest of his life trying to make this up to her.

Jeez, just watched the guys' shopping trip. They cannot possibly be so stupid as to think you feed babies spicy food. The Duggarlads have been around babies all their stinkin' lives and even though they don't have to HELP, surely they have absorbed SOME awareness of what their pack of baby sibs actually eat??

ETA: oh I get it - thought this was going to be a serious contest. It's boys being boys. Looked like they had fun.

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 4

Anna talking was like watching a tennis match in her head between what she felt inside and her lines, moreso than any of the other robots.  Her long pauses and catches of breath were very, very telling.

For the record, I hate okra.

IMO, Anna was trying to convince herself - more than anyone else - of what she was saying to the camera. She seemed to be towing the fundie line now, or trying to. She probably feels completely flattened by Josh's betrayal and somewhat steamrolled by the Duggars and maybe even her own parents too. I hope she gets to a point where she realizes just how angry she really is, because Josh isn't the only one who cheated on Anna. Her own parents have done just as crappy a job raising their kids as the Duggars did. But I honestly don't know whether Anna will ever wake up to that fact. I doubt it. I think she's had a toxic amount of that Koolaid.

• Love 13

Jeesh, the Southern Women's Conference. HIIIiiiiiiiii! And what in the world does Jessa have to talk about except reproducing and attire? "Were you surprised how fast you got pregnant?" What the hell would they expect?

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 17

Jeesh, the Southern Women's Conference. HIIIiiiiiiiii! And what in the world does Jessa have to talk about except reproducing and attire? "Were you surprised how fast you got pregnant?" What the hell would they expect?

Right? Why does everyone act like Jessa's pregnancy is some kind of anomaly? Young, fertile people screwing like rabbits usually leads to conception, it's not rocket science.

• Love 21

Just remembered this little gem: Jinger marveling that Jessa won the contest to diaper-a-baby-the-fastest-with-your-eyes-shut, noting that Jessa was the only one who didn't have any kids.  Yeah right, what about all those brother and sister babies she helped take care of for years?

• Love 21

Ben and Jessa say that God makes babies.  I guess what they do hasn't got much to do with it.  If it's all God's choice, I don't know how Ben can say they won't have 19, plus the adoption kids.  He really needs to get this figured out before he has 30 little ones or blessings running around.  They say baby now but as soon as it comes it all little ones or precious blessings.

• Love 4

I am just watching now. Sometimes it seems so hard to get a read on these young women because they are so dedicated to Keeping Sweet and smiling. I saw a video recently of a former Gothardite who said they were always to smile with "at least 3 teeth" (I assume she meant on each side) and I notice the Duggar women do this as much as humanly possible under the circs.

It's hard to understand Anna setting herself up one more time for Josh "Lucy" Duggar to yank that football one more time. But I get that she believes it's the right thing, and that she loves him. I really can hardly wait to find out if by any chance he has truly repented and plans to spend the rest of his life trying to make this up to her.

Jeez, just watched the guys' shopping trip. They cannot possibly be so stupid as to think you feed babies spicy food. The Duggarlads have been around babies all their stinkin' lives and even though they don't have to HELP, surely they have absorbed SOME awareness of what their pack of baby sibs actually eat??

ETA: oh I get it - thought this was going to be a serious contest. It's boys being boys. Looked like they had fun.

While the Duggar's were probably doing it to prove that boys don't know anything about babies, because that's a girls job, I have relatives from Vietnam and Chile, and they think it's a good thing to put spices in homemade baby food, so they learn to tolerate it early, and have things that aren't bland.

• Love 5

Anna: It's not like she has single girlfriends she can look at and think - well if they can get a job and an apartment and be a single mom, maybe I can too. The only women she knows who are single are all fundies living under their daddies' thumbs.

Not necessarily true- Anna's sister (Susannah?) got pregnant out of wedlock and is a single mother.  Although Anna and the Duggars probably think she's Satan's cocktail waitress or something.

• Love 10

I agree with most of what ya'll said.

Anna is trying to keep Gothardized and is trying to forgive Josh. She may just get there though, other women have. I think she likes the dorm.

Jill is clueless and Derrick is in his element.

Jess'a few moments of truth were the only thing that keep her voice from going into full Charlie Brown adult talk mode. Of course she won the diaper contest.

Ben is dumb as a stump and totally whipped. He is afraid to talk, for fear he'll say something wrong.

Jill is clueless.

The little girls probably want to dress a like. Most little girls do.

Ben is dumb as a stump.

And... sex makes babies, not God, as evidenced by the 19 Duggar children. So in your world Jessa and Ben, a world without birth control or refusing a husband's sexual urges, ya'll might want to rethink the firm not 19 kids thing. Did I mention Ben comes off as dumb?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 13

Seems pretty clear from these shows that JB has moved in as dictator to his children's spouses just the way he dictates to his own kids. Say "I do" to a Duggar and you're immediately a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jim Bob and Michelle (and the proxy kid, of course). Derick had to flee the country to get away from it just a tad, and you can see from the new spring in his step that he feels like he's been released from prison. Seems to me this spectacle may do nothing but diminish the other Duggarlings' marriage chances, unless they've fled the compound completely. The fact that the Duggs think all of this is okay just shows (yet again) how truly out of touch with reality they are.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

Thoughts from last night:

Can't stand that "heh-heh-heh" laugh Jessa has.

Can't tolerate Anna's baby voice.  I feel like she could snap.  It's a scary voice.

Does everything this carnival troupe does have to be "over the top"?  Can't they just have a normal baby shower?  They're like a bunch of adolescents having an after school party.

The girls talked much faster this episode.

Edited by OhioMom
  • Love 10

MyPeople, yes, Anna confirmed they are living in the dorms. She took over one of the beds that was Jill's or Jessa's.

If Derick likes living abroad, I wonder why he doesn't try to find some sort of teaching position at an international school. He has a degree, and it would give him a real career other than fake mission work.

She was sitting on, and dressing the baby on, Jana's bed.  (Her name is on it).  Not sure if that is her bed now, or she was just getting comfy and spreading herself around the room.

• Love 2

My thoughts

1. BORING seriously!!!! What do all these grown adults do all day? 

2. I kind of like Sierra. She can actually speak in full sentences without using the words "um and so um...."

3. Anna skirted around a LOT of those quesions with Gothard speak. Anna. You are a grown ass adult. Why are you allowing yourself to be treated like this. I second the PP who said her and Jana should make a run for it.

4. Jill is entirely too stupid to learn Spanish. She barely knows English. She probably tried for a hot minute then realized she sucked and quit. Good Luck Derrick/Izzy

5. Derrick does look happy. Question. If Derrick dropped dead in Central America would Jill even have the brains to get herself home? She would probably have to call Boob to fly down and get her.  I swear I have never seen such a clingy, co dependent, useless adult.

Anna breaks my heart because she is so brainwashed but I could see her true heart trying desperately to break through.

I felt bad for her, but there is nothing stopping her from walking out that door and going to go live with her brother. She currently is choosing to stay. 

The best thing for her would be for Josh to divorce her.

• Love 15

Did you guys notice Jill trying to put her arm around Derick as they were trying to get into Jessa's baby shower? Geez let the guy go Jill he ain't running away just yet. I would die with that amount of cling around me.

• Love 11

How many times did the Duggars say "walking"???

"walking through this"

Apparently they need a pedometer because they do more walking than the average person.

I didn't hate the Anna TH. It seemed like she wanted to speak and clear up some of the stuff that is said about her.

I think Anna really believes that she should forgive and be Christlike. However, I think her true feelings are to dump Josh. She is very hurt and humiliated and struggling between her religion and her feelings. I don't think it's very healthy for her to repress her true feelings; she nees to work through her feelings. Even if she decides to try to "restore" their marriage, it should be after she deals with her feelings. Anna is going to have emotional trouble down the road.

I think Anna liked the dorm room. Some people like company when they are having hard times. I would personally want to be alone but maybe being around the Duggar girls is good for her? She certainly seemed happy with them and I will say, the Duggar daughters really do love Anna and I think they are a huge support to Anna and the kids. (that's the only nice thing I can say about them). That was the only time in a long time that I saw anything genuine on camera with this family.

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 12

Was Derick feeding Isreal his first solid food using his finger instead of a spoon. I was waiting for Josie to come in and lick Derick's finger. Talk about gross.

Yes, Derick may be jumping for joy because he is away from the in-laws, but he is married to Jill. In otherwords, you can take the wife away from the Duggars, but you cannot take the Duggar out of the wife.

Jill whines about having to study Spanish and watch Izzy at the same time, but lets bring up possible adopting. I wondered what Spanish for pull the waaaambulance up front because I may have to take care of my own child instead of my sisters and my husband leaves me for a few hours. My little violin is playing a song for her.

I do not think my poor eyes will ever recover after seeing the bright over the top Michelle was wearing. Maybe Mrs. Robinson Duggar was hoping to catch Benjerman's attention. *wink wink*

Are they trying to drum up business for Sierra since she is the totally bestest, most talented, amazing, blessed party planner on the planet. And how special she was planning the shower while being in the last month of her pregnancy. Way to be an inspiration for the women fundie world!

I did not feel the love between Jill and her mother-in-law. I wish they would interview Derick's step father about how he feels about the whole thing.

The way Anna's mouth was moving while she was talking was scary. She is so drunk on the koolaid. She drives me crazy at times, but I would not wish her life on anyone. And yes, the religious movement was able to move on after Josh Scandal Two came calling. The sun came out and the world did not stop. Amazing is it not.

Poor Jessa was worried about the questions she may be asked. Really... Scared someone would call her out on the bs known as Duggar Fantasy Land. I think all of us could have an more intelligent conversation with a bag of rocks then we could with Benny boy.

And last night I accidently took a couple of sips of milk before I realized it was sour. The taste and the possibility of an upset stomach was less painful than watching the special last night.

Anna's mouth was very distracting.

Anna and Dereck have similiar problems. The jaw shifts to their right and the face is asymmetrical. Dereck has asymmetrical eyes also.

What is that Gothard guy doing to people?????

My only guess is because she lost so much weight, it is more noticeable now.

I never noticed that when they were couring and all that hand sex they were doing....wonder what happened to Anna's mouth?

• Love 2

Jill would probably be humiliated if she went to an actual Spanish class. She probably hasn't even tried to attend one in Guatemala, no way would she go without Derick holding her hand, and I doubt the classes are infant friendly.

• Love 3

I definitely feel like Anna is being kept captive. I'm sure it was done under the guise of, "We're here for you. We have plenty of room. You'll have help with the kids". But really, they just want to monitor what she says and does, and try and brainwash her into staying with Josh. 

I can't help it, I feel sorry for Anna. I think she is deeply deeply hurt, but has been raised to believe you stand by your man no matter what. Even if HE breaks his vows, that's okay. You can't break yours. When she was prattling on about her love being an extension of God's, it just felt like the parroting of lines, to me. There was SO much hurt in her eyes. She's trying hard to be chipper and strong, but I feel like this is killing her inside. And it really upsets me that there's likely not ONE person in her life who would 100% have her back, who would support her if she wanted to take her kids and run. I wouldn't even be surprised if there's some element of, "Well, if you would do "x, y, and z" more often he wouldn't have to cheat. 

I can't even stomach seeing Boob and J'chelle on the screen anymore. I think they have royally fucked all those kids up so badly (and I know Anna isn't theirs, but they've had a lot of power over her for years now). 

And the other thought -- Central America suits Derick. It's obvious that the THs were shot before they left and he wasn't as recovered from the surgery -- and looks sickly. Yet when he gets to Central America and starts to recover -- he looks like he's got some life back in him. He seems a bit like he did back in Nepal. He looks super comfortable walking the streets in random villages, making tortillas with the local woman etc. Maybe he really is someone who wants to see the world and a McMansion and SUVs just don't make him happy; maybe a white collar desk job in Arkansas with benefits and a 401k doesn't make him happy.

I agree, I noticed a difference as well. That was one of the things I most liked about Derick when he was first introduced. He seems to genuinely want to help people and it makes him very happy to experience the world. I think it would be cool if he ended up finding a way to live down there. The more separated they can be from the Duggar clan, the better. 

Not necessarily true- Anna's sister (Susannah?) got pregnant out of wedlock and is a single mother.  Although Anna and the Duggars probably think she's Satan's cocktail waitress or something.

And isn't she basically shunned? I can see why Anna would be scared to try and make it on her own. 

• Love 6

Keeping Anna in the dorm room ensures she has no privacy. No privacy ensures she can't speak to any outside influences than may help her think on her own and make her own decisions. Whether that's press, financial advisors, non approved counseled, or just overall supports who may tell her she does have choices, and staying with Josh or going straight to hell are not the only two options for her.

Good for Derrick for being more at home in Central America and looking like he'd found his purpose. Bad for Derrick that his purpose is on someone else's dime.

• Love 16

Keeping Anna in the dorm room ensures she has no privacy. No privacy ensures she can't speak to any outside influences than may help her think on her own and make her own decisions. Whether that's press, financial advisors, non approved counseled, or just overall supports who may tell her she does have choices, and staying with Josh or going straight to hell are not the only two options for her.

Good for Derrick for being more at home in Central America and looking like he'd found his purpose. Bad for Derrick that his purpose is on someone else's dime.

I absolutely thought of that and think that is the back story on WHY she is there. Jim Bob has her being watched closely so she doesn't run. It creeped me out. She can't have any outside influence in that dorm room. Jim Bob has plenty of places he can put her. That was a calculated move. Jim Bob is betting on Josh "rehabed" and doing speaking tours, a book and new episodes on how they "walked through this" and "God restrored their marriage".

I don't think Anna knows any of that and enjoys the room and the girls. Anna is content in that space and appreciates the love that the girls give her and the Duggar daughters do really seem to love Anna.

• Love 11

My daughter and I laughed so hard when Ben declared that god made babies!

Anna's mouth was so twisted in her TH; she looked so different to me.

I found it bafflingly odd that all the girls were so happy with Anna rooming in the dorm. I mean, I'm glad for Anna that she has the love and support of the Duggar girls, but no one realizes how demeaning this must be for Anna.

Stapling the curtains to the wall was as dumb and boring as watching Jessa and Ben struggle for 15 minutes, on the last episode, putting on a crib sheet!

Josie's getting a little old, at age 6, to be carried around by daddy. And I just couldn't stand to look at JimBob and Michelle.

Feeding the baby his very first bite of solid food on Derrick's finger made me want to vomit.

The Guatamala town looked lovely and they are obviously loving their vacation/hiding spot.

Two episodes and still no new footage of Jessa's birth! It's the only reason I've been watching!

• Love 5

I didn't watch the last one, but I caught a little of this one. Were Jill and derrick barefoot at that shower? I could have been seeing things. And what was Jill putting in that baby's hair?

Oh, Anna. It's ok to be furious with that shit of a husband of yours. But why in the world did you think it was a good idea to marry Chester the molester in the first place? Never mind. I know the answer.

That was about 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

• Love 6

While the Duggar's were probably doing it to prove that boys don't know anything about babies, because that's a girls job, I have relatives from Vietnam and Chile, and they think it's a good thing to put spices in homemade baby food, so they learn to tolerate it early, and have things that aren't bland.

That's interesting. I wonder how young they start. I didn't stop to consider how normal people might make baby food tastier. I never had an infant but I did acquire a three-year-old stepson years ago. He ate pretty much everything at a young age, including spice and strong flavors. I have never asked his mom how she introduced those things to him. Now I am curious.

Definitely the Duggar shower game was meant to be silly. I am sure your relatives and my husband's ex were more discerning about stimulating a child's palate!

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 2

Jill would probably be humiliated if she went to an actual Spanish class. She probably hasn't even tried to attend one in Guatemala, no way would she go without Derick holding her hand, and I doubt the classes are infant friendly.

I am wondering if Jill feels too shy to speak any Spanish on camera. She responded in English when she was spoken to in Spanish; she understood the Spanish. And I heard her at one point translate something that was said to her - I forget what.

I studied French for 6 years eons ago in school, and I never felt comfortable speaking it, though I can understand both written and spoken French somewhat decently. Am wondering if Jill is similar.

• Love 6

Why do I picture Josh and Anna as a new version of Tim and Tammy Faye Baker once Josh gets out of rehab. I can picture him crying and saying he has been reformed and asking for the heathen masses and his fellow Christians to forgive him while Anna sits next to him crying and being sweet. JB is standing near by with dollar signs in his eyes, and Michelle's eyes throwing daggers at Anna because she probably will be pregnant within a year after Josh is cured of his evilness.

I predict Josh will run off with Cisco and travel to every Golden Corral in the country.

Once they hit Vegas, Josh will stay there, working as one of those guys who hands out cards to pedestrians of strip clubs and hookers.

• Love 11