Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: It's A Dry Heat

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I'm incredibly annoyed by this whole messy setup.  I'm not even sure who's on what team, I can't see the cooking and now I think the judges are playing foursomes rolling up to the little food station carts at different times?  WTF, people, I'm not here to watch everyone get a big kick out of Padma's lame putting.

And how ironic to follow solar energy equipment with 5000 disposable plates.

Hello, I'm the Grinch and I came early this year.

Grinch the Second here because I agree 100%. I watch a LOT of cooking shows, but I intentionally avoid cooking competitions (except Top Chef)  because of stupid set-ups where you're out in the desert, and you have to rub two sticks together in order to roast an acorn you found in a bear's poo poo. <Sigh> That doesn't showcase skill. It's idiotic and tedious to watch. I think the audience for this show is made up of foodies and cooking aficionados. I couldn't care less about lame and incomprehensible set-ups. :( This show may have jumped the shark.

• Love 7

^^ I come from tropical people, so I prefer the heat, but Palm Springs and Arizona are a bit much, even for me.  The thing that makes Arizona worse is the extremes.  Its about 3000 degrees outside, but the minute you step inside any building its air conditioned to about 3 degrees.  Its the only place I've had to actually carry a sweater with me in 125 degree weather, because I know I'll be freezing when I get inside.  Its one of those places where as soon as you get inside, its so cold you want to get outside, and the minute you get outside, you want to get back inside again.  

Angelina is no where in the solar system of as good as she thinks she is.   You can't be a diva if you don't have talent.  This is why Diana Ross can be a diva and Tila Tequila can't.

The amazing dessert from ManBun's model/actress/pastry chef wife that I've never heard of.  I bet she is an astronaut and a ballerina too.  Whatever ManBun.

• Love 17

Wesley somehow put Fat Joe Scarborough into my head and no matter how well he did and now that won't go away.  Sorry Welsey.  But there it is.

And now I cannot unsee it.

I'm disappointed in Grayson. She was funny and snarky in her season, but bitter and unpleasant in this one.  When she left like that, all I could think was, doesn't she know that Tom judges LCK?  It makes me crazy that these contestants don't consider these competitions an audition in front of very influential people in the food world for stuff that might come their way in the future.  Why would you act like that?

• Love 9

Grayson definitely put that spoon back into the hash after eating off of it. This is a big pet peeve of mine. Gross!!!

I really do feel like she was a asked to come back because they needed the drama and was told to ramp it up. It felt like she thought she was doing TPTB a favor by being there. But her behavior was atrocious and would be so off-putting to any future employer who may look at some of the video before deciding whether or not to hire her.

I'm giving Wesley a break. At least he is self-aware, unlike ManBun.

• Love 3

Wesley tried to incorporate the judge's critique to improve his performance.  He went out of his way to keep his station cleaned up and then, when the first group of judges objected to Wesley's warm grapes (that does sound dirty, doesn't it?) he changed the dish, using cold grapes instead.  He wasn't sure that would work well, but he took the critique on board.  And won.

Grayson, on the other hand, knows better than the judges about absolutely everything, even when she's cooking food she's not familiar with.  (Like anything that's not meatballs, apparently.)  She refused to change her dish and then blamed the judge's palates and Angelina for her bad dish.  And that's why she lost.

As for Snot On A Rock, well, there you are.  You are what you cook.  I'm amazed that judges will refuse to eat anything that fell on the kitchen floor but are willing to eat from a rinsed rock. 

• Love 10

And now I cannot unsee it.

Don't worry.  I can stop calling poor large Marge "Thumbellina", because poor girl just really has a thumb for a head and neck.   Actually, she has NO neck.  She's just a top of a head, some ears, and then shoulders. 

marjorie_zpsnoukyntg.jpg

Grinch the Second here because I agree 100%. I watch a LOT of cooking shows, but I intentionally avoid cooking competitions (except Top Chef)  because of stupid set-ups where you're out in the desert, and you have to rub two sticks together in order to roast an acorn you found in a bear's poo poo. <Sigh> That doesn't showcase skill. It's idiotic and tedious to watch. I think the audience for this show is made up of foodies and cooking aficionados. I couldn't care less about lame and incomprehensible set-ups. :( This show may have jumped the shark.

I'm wondering if this may not be part of the reason for Grayson's piss poor attitude.  She's already been on TV and so that bloom is off the rose.  What if she was actually hoping to do some real cooking, instead of being forced into a circus act?

I dunno.  I was shocked at her attitude too, so g'bye.  Just please let the whining, crying, pouting and completely incompetent Angelina be next.

• Love 4

I wonder if this isn't a little bit why Padma is so l'etat, c'est moi these days. Unlike everyone else involved, this show is pretty much her only credential. Maybe the less respect it gets, the more respect she has to demand.

I really doubt the corn they were working with was fresh enough to make raw a better idea than roasted. The sugar starts to change to starch really quickly once you pick it.

• Love 4

We still have a lot of chaff around, but I'm glad Greyson's gone. Some great cheftestants, too, though - I like Isaac, and appreciate his awareness & his humorous THs whether or not he's doing well in the competition. Jeremy is the chef ManBun thinks he is... and seems to make smart, tasty dishes. 

• Love 3

I wouldn't have eaten that snot.

They did the Top Chef Tours on the Texas season, too. Everyone hated the Texas season. Why would you copy anything from that season, including Grayson.

I like Jose Andres, he's the only great chef who's restaurant I've eaten at and it was amazing. When Jose Andres comes right out and tells you how to fix your crappy hash, you say, "Yes, Chef" and do what he tells you.

But leave the gimmicky shit stoves to Alton. The solar stuff was bad enough, but refreshment carts? Who gives a damn?

• Love 4

If anybody ever tries to serve me food on a rock, I will flip it upside down and smash whatever is on that rock and tell the person serving it that they are a doofus.

Don't ever eat at Manresa then. They served me two courses that way.   It is something that is done at very high end restaurants.  Man Bun's interpretation left much to be desired.

I don't know how they expected anyone to cook on the solar equipment without a demonstration or training session.  Why would production think that any good could come from that.

• Love 2

I do not, do not, do not like these team set-ups.  Why can't the chefs be judged individually?  I wonder if Philip would have gone had he not been on the blue team.

Just before they announced the winning team I had a thought that the blue team was going to win so they could save Philip, because he had the worst dish by far. (Way bigger issues than the corn being cooked). For whatever reason he's been hand picked as one of the major contenders and they did not want to lose him this early.

And likewise, by making orange the loser they could get rid of either Grayson or Angelina.

I know that sound's conspiratorial, but I do truly believe that when team challenges are very close and could go either way, the judges do pick on the basis of which individual team members they either want to save or get rid off.

I would rather have seen Angelina go. I find her even more annoying than Grayson, and her food has been consistently bad. And I hated her "bitch" comment. Total lack of class, even though I realize to some extent it's a generational thing.

I found the whole "serve us while we golf thing" to have the stench of privilege and entitlement. Like French royalty before the Revolution.

So they apparently had Jose Andreas as guest because his last name is "Andreas" and they were standing on the San Andreas Fault. Way to be literal.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 9

I cut the hot tub guy some slack, because I've felt the way I think he is feeling.  I don't think its anger, I think he is just feeling hurt because he is left out of the clique.  Its like the nerd in a John Hughes film who has to take a class with all the jocks and the cheerleaders.  No one wants to feel like the outsider looking in, and I hope he'll find his clique as the competition narrows down.

Yeah, having worked in a very bro-y environment (I'm a black woman without bro tendencies), it's really lonely if that's not your scene. I was miserable working there, and at least I got to go home at the end of the day. He has no escape.

I do understand your points, and I've certainly felt like the fifth wheel. However, based on what I've seen, that felt like kind of a one-off so far. Granted, we haven't seen much of the cheftestants' down time, so there may be some cliquish behavior going on. However, it 1) seems awfully early for it and 2) doesn't appear that there's any animosity yet among the competitors. I kind of wonder if the chef was just sitting there silently with all this stuff happening around him and the producers asked him, "so what did you think about all the rowdy behavior going on around you?" (I'm sorry, I can't remember his name; I'm just not remembering the names of most of the chefs at this point. There are so many and I feel like the show isn't doing well at differentiating them at this point.)

Perhaps he started out in the hot tub alone, winding down with a drink under the stars after a stressful day and then had his reverie crashed by the human equivalent of a pack of adolescent Labrador retrievers.

Just before they announced the winning team I had a thought that the blue team is going to win so they can save Philip, because he seemed to have the worst dish by far. (Way bigger issues than the corn being cooked). I think that for whatever reason he's been hand picked as one of major contenders and they did not want to lose him this early.

And likewise, by making orange the loser they could get ride of either Grayson or Angelina.

After the first dish, I had a sense blue would win because Jeremy had the presence of mind to ice his bowls, which was not only a thoughtful touch, but helped with the flavor of the dish. As well, Wesley shifted the prep of his dish to incorporate the judges' input, strengthening my impression. I can't remember the specific dishes, but it seemed that up until desert, the blue team was getting the overall nod from the judges. And the shrimp with the corn hash sounds like a hot mess, from overcooking the shrimp, cooking the corn and then the greasiness of the chorizo. Ultimately, it didn't seem like much of a contest to me. However, I do pick up some of that vibe about Phillip, though that could be his pretentiousness shining through.

Edited by Maysie
  • Love 5

So they apparently had Jose Andreas as guest because his last name is "Andreas" and they were standing on the San Andreas Fault. Way to be literal.

It did occur to me to wonder if José Andrés was invited / accepted to show solidarity in the face of his current unpleasant situation vis a vis Mr. Trump, but the similar names are another theory :)

• Love 1

It's Andrés, not Andreas, but I also thought they were having a little fun with it.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1

It's Andrés, not Andreas, but I also thought they were having a little fun with it.

Yes, just realized that I got the name wrong. Sorry, because I remember liking him on Top Chef Masters. I believe this episode was taped long before his current dust up with Trump.

I like Jason Stratton and his quiet, restrained personality. A nice contrast to the usual in-your-face, alpha dog contestants. For me the "dude bro" stuff get tiresome.

I've eaten at his current restaurant in Seattle and it's very good, and thankfully less pretentious than most elite Seattle restaurants. He caused a big buzz on the local restaurant scene when he left one of the city's highest profile Italian restaurants to open a place focused on Middle Eastern flavors.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 1

I really doubt the corn they were working with was fresh enough to make raw a better idea than roasted. The sugar starts to change to starch really quickly once you pick it.

This is the real, unspoken because unspeakable, judging problem on Top Chef - the unreliable quality of the Whole Foods products.  I'm sure the Whole Foods corn was NOT all that, which is what Grayson was trying to say, and what nobody can EVER say on this show when they fail as a result of shitty Whole Foods provisions,  because sponsorship.  Although it probably was an unfortunate choice even if it were made well, in that heat.

Grayson has seemed so deeply annoyed at even being on the show at all this season that it was a relief to see her go. And without giving away spoilers, the challenge she was handed in Last Chance Kitchen almost did make me feel like the producers were out to get her 

both chefs have to work with mystery ingredients they choose from unmarked boxes. Garret got crispy broad beans and tomatillos - and Grayson got a peeled and an unpeeled coconut (!) and ginko nuts, which I've never seen or heard of. To make into dishes in thirty minutes. Jeez! spoiler alert: Grayson won. She and Tom seemed to have more of a fun teasing relationship in LCK than on the show. Maybe this is why she argued with him so much on the show itself.

From the recap:

Hey, this is Top Chef, not Top Gear, right? No? Okay.

Unless they're going to be "putting their own spin on/cooking an elevated version of" roadkill on the engine block, there's entirely too much car on this show.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 3

1. Those solar ovens can't be very well designed/constructed if they can't handle any liquids being in them. Shouldn't it have a pressure vent to eliminate the risk of explosion? Liquid is a pretty important component of cooking.

2. Padma, "the weirdest thing you've ever experienced" is a guy using a blanket for wind protection while he works? May I remind you that you were married to Salman Rushdie?

3. Tom, "There are no mulligans in golf." Really Tom? The term mulligan originated in golf! Somehow Tom keeps topping his previous efforts in saying stupid shit.

4. Shut up, Grayson.

Edited by In Pog Form
  • Love 15

1. Those solar ovens can't be very well designed/constructed if they can't handle any liquids being in them. Shouldn't it have a pressure vent to eliminate the risk of explosion? Liquid is a pretty important component of cooking.

2. Padma, "the weirdest thing you've ever experienced" is a guy using a blanket for wind protection while he works? May I remind you that you were married to Salman Rushdie?

Oh, god, that is exactly what I said when Padma gifted us with that gem! Padma, don't try to be clever. It doesn't suit you.

The oven exploding when Giselle poured water in reminded me of a pyrex pan in a hot oven if water was poured in. Boom.  I know someone who had a pyrex baking pan shatter when she added water to it while she was roasting a chicken. It was pretty mean to not give the chefs a tutorial, though. Other than "turn them toward the sun". (Padma's a bitch, part two: "did you not understand when he said turn it toward the sun?" She's so unpleasant.)

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 5

I found the whole "serve us while we golf thing" to have the stench of privilege and entitlement. Like French royalty before the Revolution.

Elitism, privilege and entitlement on Top Chef? That's unpossible!

The oven exploding when Giselle poured water in reminded me of a pyrex pan in a hot oven if water was poured in. Boom.  I know someone who had a pyrex baking pan shatter when she added water to it while she was roasting a chicken.

I don't think it was water she poured in - looked like vegetable oil. But watching again, it wasn't a pressure-related explosion, but thermal shock as you say.

But still, a very odd design choice to make an oven like that out of fragile glass. It would be a lot sturdier made entirely out of metal (and conduct heat better). Especially if these are to be use for "saving the world" in less-than-ideal environments.

• Love 3

I was sorry to see Grayson go because I think Angelina has a worse attitude and did not entertain me as Grayson did!  I loved her 'fuck you' exit, I did not expect less.  

I think the lack of cold food was due to no one wanting to be eliminated because they didn't cook anything.  Salads are notorious for giving you the boot.  

But still, a very odd design choice to make an oven like that out of fragile glass. It would be a lot sturdier made entirely out of metal (and conduct heat better). Especially if these are to be use for "saving the world" in less-than-ideal environments.

The glass was probably Pyrex; it conducts heat evenly where metal does not.  It was very thick. She did pour water in it, she was trying to cook cous cous. 

The gimmicky challenges tone down as the numbers dwindle. I didn't mind this one all that much.  I prefer individual competitions though.  What I hate the most are weddings and serving huge crowds.

I like all of the judges and though it took me awhile to warm to Blaise, he has emerged as a serious restaurant owner and respected chef.  I get why he is there.  Now bring me Hugh!  Another one that took awhile to get but I now love the guy.  

I saw Phillip on Cutthroat Kitchen and Guy's GG, he excelled.  I am impressed with his food and am growing to like him. I ended up loving Marcel.

I cannot find too much fault with this show because I love so much of it.  Cooking is my creative hobby and I appreciate the skill of these chefs.  I have learned a lot from this show and copied many of the dishes over the years.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

Perhaps he started out in the hot tub alone, winding down with a drink under the stars after a stressful day and then had his reverie crashed by the human equivalent of a pack of adolescent Labrador retrievers.

I absolutely adore this imagery!  Perfect way to describe the situation. 

• Love 9

If the corn at Whole Foods was crap, Grayson and Angelina shouldn't have bought it.

I'm getting sick of Padma in her skimpy outfits. The desert romper with those ankle boots (does anyone in the universe think that those booties are attractive?) was a real fashion "don't," although I'm not the target demo for that kind of get-up. I did think her golf outfit was cute even though it was a thousand degrees out there and black spandex pants wouldn't have been my first choice.

It doesn't seem fair to me that some chefs are judging cheftestants who worked for them in the past.

• Love 3

Neither Grayson or Tom came out looking good after the elimination.  I actually felt bad for Grayson because Tom had to kick her while she's down and say "it was the corn" or whatever petty thing he said.  But then I stopped feeling bad for her in her exit interview.  Angelina could have gone with her.  She always seems grumpy and tired.  Although I did like how she handled the judges' question of "Who should go home?"  That question made no sense to me.  They usually ask it for the drama and I understand it if it was between 3 or more people,  But it seems like such a stupid question to ask when it's between TWO people.  Unless one of them has completely given up, of course they're going to say eachother!

Also:

- Padma looks more beautiful than usual this season.  Whoever her stylist is is doing a great job.
- Jose Andres can replace Richard Blais.
- It seemed as though only Wesley and his partner took the first wave of judges advice and tweaked their dish.  Why didn't the dessert guy (not man-bun) add more grapefruit after the judges suggested it?  And as shady as it seemed.  I would have copied the double ice bowl trick thing as soon as the first judges brought it up.
- Kwame's edit so far seems to make indicate that he'll probably go far.  Same with Jason (lonely hot tub guy), just seems random that they showed his lonely hot tub interlude even though he didn't have a memorable performance this episode.

• Love 1

Is Phillip capable of NOT being a pretentious douche?

"It was liike snot on a rock!" Oh, Padma. You lose me and then reel me back in. Although that comment was suspiciously off camera and sounded like it was recorded in post, who cares? Phillip sucks and is a moron for thinking a hot ass rock is a good serving option for something eaten ice cold.

Hot ass DIRTY rock. Rubberband man is an idiot. Just go already.

Eta: Sont on a rock is going to be my garage band name. Complete with t-shirts with a picture of the snot dish.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 1

(Padma's a bitch, part two: "did you not understand when he said turn it toward the sun?" She's so unpleasant.)

I usually filter her imperiousness as an outsized TV-judge-persona, but this was spectacularly condescending.

Grayson's snotty answer of "Well, i moved it A LITTLE" -- as though she couldn't be bothered to put in the effort -- made me think she probably didn't actually understand adequately. Not everyone struggled to get heat. 

• Love 1

If the corn at Whole Foods was crap, Grayson and Angelina shouldn't have bought it.

I'm getting sick of Padma in her skimpy outfits. The desert romper with those ankle boots (does anyone in the universe think that those booties are attractive?) was a real fashion "don't," although I'm not the target demo for that kind of get-up. I did think her golf outfit was cute even though it was a thousand degrees out there and black spandex pants wouldn't have been my first choice.

It doesn't seem fair to me that some chefs are judging cheftestants who worked for them in the past.

Corn not being good enough to be eaten raw was an ill conceived lie!  I am sure she regretted that.  

I love all of Padma's clothes.  I also have booties (several), wear them with black leggings or jeans and live in the Sonoran desert!  LOL!

• Love 2

(Padma's a bitch, part two: "did you not understand when he said turn it toward the sun?" She's so unpleasant.

I usually filter her imperiousness as an outsized TV-judge-persona, but this was spectacularly condescending.

Agreed. I would have no idea exactly how to cook with those "ovens." I think they're cool as all get out, but anyone who drew the oven knife was kind of getting screwed. It looked like there was very little control over what you were doing. At least with the cook tops you could look at your dish and make adjustments based on what you saw. The ovens looked as though you put your stuff in that drawer and prayed it cooked properly. It made me wonder if there was a brief tutorial that was edited out, but I'm guessing there wasn't. And Padma's comment was totally unnecessary, in my opinion.

As for the Whole Foods corn, sometimes it's simply hard to know how your produce is until you cut/bite into it. I've bought plenty of mangoes, onions, peaches, etc. that looked and felt just fine, but biting or cutting into them was a different story. I think there's an impression that if a product comes from Whole Foods, it should be pretty good (especially based on the price), however I think they're as vulnerable to the unknowables that any other super market faces. That's why I buy as much as I can from my local farmer's markets -- at least I know the stuff hasn't been picked much before it's ripe and hasn't been sitting there as long as the stuff from the super market.

• Love 3

So ManBun has used grass from a public park to smoke food and dirty hot rocks as serving plates. If he lasts much longer, Lord help the judges in San Francisco. "Today for you I prepared a ceviche served in a vessel crafted from organic dehydrated free range sea lion droppings, humanely harvested from Pier 39." What a hipster doofus. Like some others have commented, I am intrigued enough by ManBun to hear what his wife's occupation will be next week. Cirque de Soleil performer? Renowned pediatric oncologist? Unicorn rancher?

I know I watched the whole TX season, and I remember Grayson as a cheftestant. However, I do not remember her being so unlikeable. Was she as disagreeable that time too? She didn't make it to the end, so she was lacking cooking skills then too, but good gravy! She was just so snotty.

• Love 9

(Padma's a bitch, part two: "did you not understand when he said turn it toward the sun?" She's so unpleasant.

I think the solar cooking oven (and burner) were product placements and Padma was told to clear up that detail.  They wanted  future buyers to understand that the reason her dish failed to heat enough was not the ovens fault, rather the orientation to the sun. 

As for the Whole Foods corn, sometimes it's simply hard to know how your produce is until you cut/bite into it. I've bought plenty of mangoes, onions, peaches, etc. that looked and felt just fine, but biting or cutting into them was a different story.

I always take a bite of an ear of corn and if it isn't good I don't buy more.  It happened once and they didn't make me buy that ear.  I also ask them to cut a mango or peach open so I can see the quality of the batch. They are very willing to do that!  Never crossed my mind to do that until I saw a shopper doing just that many years ago.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

What a hipster doofus.

Calling ManBun a hipster doofus is a horrible insult to hipster doofuses.

I know I watched the whole TX season, and I remember Grayson as a cheftestant. However, I do not remember her being so unlikeable. Was she as disagreeable that time too?

No, I remember her as being one of the more fun contestants.

I think that something bad must have happened in her life since then to make her annoying ad pretentious. Maybe the boyfriend she was constantly going on about in previous episodes this season? Maybe a stagnant career since last time?

• Love 2

One thought just crossed my mind about Grayson. Since she suffered through the Texas season with the unbearable heat and ridiculous outdoor challenges, going  through a similar experience again here in California probably didn't help her attitude very much.

Completely agree that using rocks was a terrible idea. But I'm not categorically opposed to them since Morimoto once grilled a rock and had the judges cook meat on it for Iron Chef America.

Holy cow Manbun, sparkle down!  His dessert looked awful.

Jeremy looks like a good guy with talent.....hope he makes it far.  

Bye Grayson...don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! 

• Love 4

Grayson and Angelina should have both been sent home.  Their respective attitudes alone were grounds for a double elimination.  I suspect that the real reason that didn't happen was because it would have screwed up LCK.

You can all groan and shake your heads but I like Phillip.  I think he's the creative hippie type but a nice guy at heart who is just trying too hard to stand out.  I won't be surprised if he goes a long way in the competition.  I gathered from FN shows he was on that he's a very good cook.

• Love 4

I think the solar cooking oven (and burner) were product placements and Padma was told to clear up that detail.  They wanted  future buyers to understand that the reason her dish failed to heat enough was not the ovens fault, rather the orientation to the sun.

If it was product placement it was really bad product placement since they never mentioned the brands, they were made by two different companies, so I doubt that was the reason.

• Love 1

I've eaten at some popular 5-star restaurants and no one's ever served me food on a desert rock. ManBun is trying to defend his decision on Facebook, to the point Katsuji told him to can it and just enjoy his time on the show. LOL

Can you provide a link to the FB page?  I couldn't find it.

Didn't CJ, in his 9th or 10th appearnce on a Top Chef spin-off because he had incriminating photos of Tom, serve food on top of foraged rocks?  This was after his staging at that Danish restaurant with Chef Rene Rez-something, who uses  ingredients like rocks, grass, and moss.  A food trend I am against..

So happy the show is back!  high hopes for this season.  I really like Isaac.  I have a feeling he'll be in the finale, and I agree with maybe lone-hot-tub guy as well.  

Ii think I remember seeing Grayson taste the chorizo-corn thing with her wooden spoon and then put the spoon back in the pan, stir, taste again ....  Was I mistaken?  If not, ick, and she's well gone.

YES!  I rewound and watching again- she did!!!!  I have a sinking feeling this is more common than we care to think about.   After Wes last week, too.  

I don't know how they expected anyone to cook on the solar equipment without a demonstration or training session.  Why would production think that any good could come from that.

I was hoping/assuming they did a training session before the challenge, but I'm not sure.  Oven-exploding chef seemed pretty unaware of how it worked.  And strange shaped oven- a tube.  

Incredibly rude of Padma (and generally, I'm a fan of hers! Except when the show over-emphasizes that we're supposed to think she's SEXY!) of imperiously asking if she had not heard that you need to point it towards the sun for more heat.  When they had showed the contestant trying to do just that to get more heat!!

I've eaten at some popular 5-star restaurants and no one's ever served me food on a desert rock. ManBun is trying to defend his decision on Facebook, to the point Katsuji told him to can it and just enjoy his time on the show. LOL

Hilarious. I miss Katsuji. Why couldn't he come back instead?

• Love 4