Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Bienvenido a Miami

• Start Topic

LOVED Cynthia's hair and makeup in the pink dress during her THs. She needs to hang onto that look.

Phaedra needs to get back on her video workout program. She was shaking and shimmying where and when she shouldn't have been.

I'm not sure what to think about Kim. She knew what she was signing up for, there would be trips out of town. It was funny to see Kenya and Sheree becoming allies. I do NOT like Tammy. At all. She rubs me the wrong way.

• Love 11

Kim is really a drag.

Nahhh, I get it. I tried 1 girls trip and hated every single minute of it. I missed my husband/son horribly and could not wait to get home and I was with friends that I had know for years, Kim didn't know any of them. Maybe if there was at least 1 of the HWs she was close to, it would have made it more bareable for her. 

I did LOVE that she called out Kenya for trying to start crap between Sheree and Tammy! That is so typical Kenya, throw rocks or start fights between others them sit back with that sick, slick smile of hers playing innocent.

• Love 18

As soon as THoT Thug said she was going to recreate the Lake Lanier boat trip, I knew what was going to happen. Hey Phaedra, what happened to that campaign to make things more virtuous and less slutty you spoke about last week? Kim was being a drag but I think she's fretting most b/c she was contractually obliged to go with them. Tammy rubs me the wrong way. A LOT. Was one of her nephews the one she was pestering Kandi about last week?

I pretty much found myself only paying attention this week. THoT Thug seems to be bringing the show down.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 4

False advertising! Previews showed them back at the house and Kenya calling for security.

Kim this ain't your life. Go home!  Your happy is obviously your man and kids. Nothing wrong with that except for the fact that you are fucking with my viewing pleasure. I don't mind a traditional woman with family & religious values on the show because it offers a unique perspective (especially when black family isn't seen nor all that valued in the mainstream) but dang woman has got to be able to roll with the situation.  She has got to hit that sweet spot of being fun, a bit witty and the choir. Hoping she starts to acclimate because I really like her and her kids. So cute the scene with her and her sons packing. She showed potential at dinner with the information/instigation comment. 

Damn you Shamea and your perfect, flawless body. 

There was a whole lot of ugly outfits and coverups but I think most of the ladies have great figures. Cynthia really got her groove back. Even though it was terrible, that laundry accident Phaedra is calling a coverup looked better on her than that fishnet mess she wore a couple of seasons ago that made her look like a porpoise tangled in a fisherman's net. Her wig/weave game is so much improved this season. She got a good boob job too. 

Tammy's (Nazi white) husband was cuter than I thought he would be. That tall nephew/niece ballplayer was cute as hell too. Nice smile. Not getting a good vibe from him though. 

Kenya's impersonation of Tammy was the best acting she has ever done. 

I always feel a certain type of way about the whole I prefer x type of race but I am in x country so why not try (insert flavor here) so I cringed at Porsha saying it about the Latino guy. Cringed some more when he associated ATL + black must equal soul food. [

That restaurant was stupid. WTH was with the toaster and a Roman helmet? Whhyyy?!?! 

• Love 16

Kenya's impersonation of Tammy was the best acting she has ever done.

I laughed so hard at that! I may need to figure out a way to isolate that so I can watch it again and again. The walk was perfect, and then someone said "Don't forget your Corona!" Tammy does seem to constantly have a beer bottle in her hand.

I would like to know more about the restaurant, and why they had all the weird props.

• Love 9
Maybe if there was at least 1 of the HWs she was close to, it would have made it more bareable for her.

I really think that is the problem with Kim's casting on the show.  There is no one else on the show with a similar lifestyle, life perspective who she can connect with.  Which is ironic because she personifies a "housewife" so much moreso than any of the others.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 9

They didn't show teasers for next week, did they?

No, they didn't, but hopefully we'll get a First Look soon. It may be last week's previews which happen next week, if that makes sense. I think it's already being discussed in the Spoiler thread.

• Love 1

Kenya is such a dick. And what's worse, is she is one of those "throw a stone and hide your hand" kind of a dick. She is always starting some shit and then when she gets called out, she goes into "who me? I'm so innocent" mode. It's so fake and so infuriating. Look, we know you're a dick. The other houseflies know you're a dick. YOU know you're a dick, girl. Embrace it and quit with the faux innocent act.

That said, I fell out when she called Shamea "Shimmy Shimmy Coco Pop". Petty and yet hilarious.

Edited by Ororo Monroe
  • Love 20

Phaedra needs to get back on her video workout program. She was shaking and shimmying where and when she shouldn't have been.

I don't have a problem with Phaedra's bathing attire.  I also don't think Phaedra is fat.  She's just very very short and it makes her look chunky.  I think she looks damn good for someone whose youngest child is still a toddler.  At least her stomach isn't hanging down and she's not covered with stretch marks.

Hey Phaedra, what happened to that campaign to make things more virtuous and less slutty you spoke about last week?

I didn't see anything slutty about any of the clothes Phaedra wore on this trip so far.  They are going on a boat in Florida.  Less clothes are going to be worn.  Hell, the Housewives of Miami wear way less than that and I don't hear them being called slutty.  I would roll with Phaedra's outfits more than Kim's matronly muumuus.

Damn you Shamea and your perfect, flawless body.

I know right!  And that's her real hair.  Porsha mentioned it when they were at the Hair Care party with no hair care products.  lol

I'm just getting into the ep but I fell out at Shimmy Shimmy Cocoa Puff.

I don't care what anyone says, Kenya is sooooooo  jealous of Shamea. 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 16
I always feel a certain type of way about the whole I prefer x type of race but I am in x country so why not try (insert flavor here) so I cringed at Porsha saying it about the Latino guy. 

Plus Porsha obviously doesn't know that being Latino is based on country of origin not race.  Of course I cant expect much from someone who is looking for the Underground Railroad at a train stop.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 6

I don't have a problem with Phaedra's bathing attire. I also don't think Phaedra is fat. She's just very very short and it makes her look chunky. I think she looks damn good for someone whose youngest child is still a toddler. At least her stomach isn't hanging down and she's not covered with stretch marks.

Swankie, I was referring to how loose she is, not being overweight per se. I don't have a problem with her attire either, she can wear what she wants. I think with all she's been dealing with, she has let her workouts fall by the wayside, and her choice of clothing accentuates that.

I can't get over how great Sheree looks.

I could be wrong but I suspect Kim is dialing up the sad for camera time. Tootie isn't a rookie. Shady and mean isn't her lane, and devoted homesick/pearl clutching mom is new territory for this show so I'm not even mad at her right now, especially if it's an act.

Wtf did Cynthia do to her face? And Noelle drives?

Kim has Kenya's number.

Speaking of, why was Kenya so thirsty for attention? Young Buck paid her dust and she hated it LOL. Beauty isn't enough Kenya. It also helps not to be annoying and batshit crazy.

Porsha is a sweetheart offering to stay with kandi. Thot with a heart of gold lol.

I don't understand the three blond cornrows. Just perplexing.

The bodies on these women...jeez...I would rule the world. Or at least my neighborhood.

• Love 17

I was half paying attention to "Work Out New York," and I vaguely recall that the "next time on RHOA" popped up in the middle of that show.

Of course, that show was about as exciting as I figured it'd be (read: it wasn't), so I oculd be wrong.

• Love 1

Plus Porsha obviously doesn't know that being Latino is based on country of origin not race. Of course I cant expect much from someone who is looking for the Underground Railroad at a train stop.

Meh. You'd be surprised how many Americans don't know this. I've taught Latino students who don't know this.

Shemea's white outfit reminded me of something Kelly kapowski would have worn on saved by the bell. She looked cute though.

• Love 6

Kim this ain't your life. Go home!  Your happy is obviously your man and kids. Nothing wrong with that except for the fact that you are fucking with my viewing pleasure. I don't mind a traditional woman with family & religious values on the show because it offers a unique perspective (especially when black family isn't seen nor all that valued in the mainstream) but dang woman has got to be able to roll with the situation.  She has got to hit that sweet spot of being fun, a bit witty and the choir. Hoping she starts to acclimate because I really like her and her kids. So cute the scene with her and her sons packing. She showed potential at dinner with the information/instigation comment.

I can see missing your family, especially your young kids, but the way Kim was crying it was almost like she was having a panic attack.  I think there is more to it than just missing her husband and kids.  I think she has a problem being around other women.  It makes me wonder how well she really was able to relate to her coworkers on the shows she's worked on.  Did she not forge any friendships with any of the other ladies on Facts of Life or Living Single?  Apparently not since her husband said she has no friends.  That's really sad. 

When Cynthia was speaking of Tammy and said she would take weird and quirky over mean, nasty and shady any day, I don't think she realized she was describing her new bff Kenya with the mean, nasty and shady.  And Kenya couldn't wait to get back to Sheree with the comments Tammy made about her and Bob.  Too bad Kim poo pooed on her little moment of smug satisfaction at the trouble she caused.  Kenya should really be ashamed of herself the way she starts shit for sport, as Kim mentioned, and then will turn around and say shit like the women should empower one another instead of dragging each other down and blah, blah, blah.  She is so phony!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 9

So I guess Sheree really didn't run to Kenya's house what two weeks ago when Kenya came by her house to see her sweeping.

Do people really dress like Porsha to go out shopping? OMG Porsha is just too damn stupid to live if she doesn't know the saying of "vinegar and oil".  Vinegar and water, what a fucking dumbass.

They almost met at the airport on time except for Kandi (probably stopped by Chick-Fil-A again, smdh) and Sheree. Nobody threw a stink or said no one was late so I guess it's a first.

Kim's homesick schtick is getting very old, she should just sign off the show and be a family woman since that's what she wants. If she doesn't know that these women go out on trips yearly then she's really naive. I don't want to talk negatively of Kim but goodness, she signed on the dotted line.

Porsha's taste in men are just flat out horrendous, she's not finding men that look like Idris Elba, Mark Wahlberg, Tyson Beckford, Hugh Jackman etc. She's finding men that look like a rat and a roach breeded.

• Love 8

Only if you watched that wretched Workout. I let it play long enough to watch the preview, which thankfully came in the first commercial or so.

Who's these "most of these chicks," who hate their husbands Phaedra? There's only 2 of y'all still married. Most of you chicks don't have huzzbins to hate. 

Poor Kim. Phaedra talking you down isn't "grown woman," or kindness, girl. That's camera time. Can't believe I find myself agreeing with Porsha twice in two weeks: Kim is wearing me out with this homesick routine too. We get it, you have the only greatest marriage of all time. Except ...  clearly your oldest son is old enough for this man not to be brand new to you, and are well into your 40s, yet you want to act like some 20 year old newlywed who can't handle three damned days apart. Geeze Louise, woman. I don't even care if you don't "like" girl's' trips - this ain't a girl's trip, it's work. Which you signed up for. And you and your husband can carry your happy asses back to Miami any time you want, nothing is stopping you. But all the damned crying and needing to be jollied the fuck along at every turn is plucking my last good nerve, the one I'm saving for grandchildren someday. You're an actress - act like you can be that grown woman you like to talk about for 72 fucking hours, geeze! These shows do nobody any good. She's starting to come across like her emotional development was stunted at "Tootie." Except, of course when she shows those teeniest little flashes of diva starlet. And then I know she's not as brand new as she's trying to come across as.

Although I do appreciate your facial expressions at all the going ons. I had that same look of horror at Shamea's impromptu GYN appointment.

No such thing as too much ass and thighs these days, it seems. One person's too much = another person's flawless and fabulous, I guess.

Dare I say I enjoy seeing Sheree and Kenya get along? Even if they both clearly understand it's all about the filming ops, there's still something fun to it all.

• Love 13

I can see missing your family, especially your young kids, but the way Kim was crying it was almost like she was having a panic attack.

I mean, it's like she was still president of the Jermaine Jackson Fan Club, and Mrs. Garrett told her she couldn't go to the concert! ;) [/factsoflife]

Much as I like Kim and believe she's being *pretty* genuine on the show, I have to imagine that she's pouring it on a bit. I can't imagine that she has NO real friends and that she's THAT distressed by being away from her family.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 19

I wonder how much of Kim's distress is about her religious commitments to her particular church  I remember she mentioned in an earlier episode something like "If I have to leave the church..."  That statement was not lost on me.  I want to know more.

• Love 1

I thought Kim was a bit of an asshole for claiming the living room even if there was a another one.

Also, not being able to be away from your family for three days without freaking out is beyond ridiculous and isn't healthy.

• Love 20

I thought Kim was a bit of an asshole for claiming the living room even if there was a another one.

Also, not being able to be away from your family for three days without freaking out is beyond ridiculous and isn't healthy.

And what was that whole, "I claim the living room" shit about anyway?  I think she was an asshole too.  The living room is a common area.  Everyone should be able to use it.  Is she afraid to sleep in a room by herself or something?  She's turning out to be a little too quirky for me.   

• Love 9

LOVED Cynthia's hair and makeup in the pink dress during her THs. She needs to hang onto that look.

I'm not sure what to think about Kim. She knew what she was signing up for, there would be trips out of town. It was funny to see Kenya and Sheree becoming allies. I do NOT like Tammy. At all. She rubs me the wrong way.

One of my favorite commercials is (I think) a Quaker Oats breakfast ad. A young woman is on the subway eating a cinnamon bun. They show her walking out on the subway platform in slow motion with a nice modelesque walk, but she has two large cinnamon buns glued to her butt. That's what Phaedra looked like in the jumpsuit she wore to the airport. Cracked me up.

These women are too grown to be wearing stilettos to the airport.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 1

They almost met at the airport on time except for Kandi (probably stopped by Chick-Fil-A again, smdh)

They have Chick-Fil-As all over the airport in Atlanta. Along with a bunch of other grab-and-go food, which I am guessing Kandi stocked up on since she admitted she's hungry all the time.

Are the outfits that look like they've been cut up with a razor blade a hot look now?

• Love 2

Oh my, Phaedra and her beach cover up...it's never good, in fact, the group managed to find the most unflattering dress to wear in Miami.

I was anxious about them going into the restaurant wearing what they did on the boat. Thinking about Porsha and Phaedra sitting in that funky restaurant with clothing that appeared to have been run thru a shredder made me want to grab some sanitizer. I am curious about that restaurant, tho. It looked fun but it could get old real fast.

I didn't see anything slutty about any of the clothes Phaedra wore on this trip so far.  They are going on a boat in Florida.  Less clothes are going to be worn.  Hell, the Housewives of Miami wear way less than that and I don't hear them being called slutty.  I would roll with Phaedra's outfits more than Kim's matronly muumuus.

I was referring to Phaedra saying a week or two ago about how she wants the gals to show less boobs and skin, then wears something almost identical to Porsha on the boat. If you want to wear a thong, go for it, but what's the point of wearing something over it that is non-existent for practical purposes?

Kim's play for claiming the living room seemed humble to me, plus a way of avoiding the obligatory fighting over the rooms that seems to occur on these vacations.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 5

I wonder if the real reason Kim was upset had more to do with the women themselves and being out of her "element" so to speak. I'd find it hard to believe she has never spent more than a day away from her family or that she has a mental breakdown instead of maybe just missing them but still enjoying the trip. I think if she was in a trip with women she liked and who were more like herself, she wouldn't have gotten so upset. It's all too unfamiliar to her and she was reaching for the familiar comfort of her family.

It's painfully obvious in every scene she's in that she didn't understand what she signed up for and that it's a lot different than what she was expecting. I can see the regret on her face every second. Kim seems pretty low maintenance, bringing a book and some homemade snacks onto the boat

I wonder if the real reason Kim was upset had more to do with the women themselves and being out of her "element" so to speak. I'd find it hard to believe she has never spent more than a day away from her family or that she has a mental breakdown instead of maybe just missing them but still enjoying the trip. I think if she was in a trip with women she liked and who were more like herself, she wouldn't have gotten so upset. It's all too unfamiliar to her and she was reaching for the familiar comfort of her family.

It's painfully obvious in every scene she's in that she didn't understand what she signed up for and that it's a lot different than what she was expecting. I can see the regret on her face every second. Kim seems pretty low maintenance, bringing a book and some homemade snacks onto the boat, claiming the couch for her bed, and jamming out to her gospel music. She is just too unlike all the other women.

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 9

My take on this episode...

Kim- not really feeling her this episode.  She is a bit too odd for my taste.  Why claim the living room when a bedroom was available for her?  The whole home sickness thing is getting old before it really gets going.  I wonder if her husband is just enjoying a Kim free respite with her being on the trip because she seems a bit clingy when it comes to him.  That outburst was just uncomfortable.  However, I love how she goes right in and reads the ladies whenever they start up. it is nice to see someone normal just tell it like it is.  Then again, she played Regine who was a wild chile on the series but constantly clutching her pearls every time the girls get a little extra while having fun.

Kandi- Must have been seeing how she comes off straddling the fence whenever anything jumps off because she suddenly has no problem calling people out (ie Kenya) when they are trying to start mess.

Porsha and Shamea seem to have a more believable friendship than Clawdia and Kenya or even Cynthia and Tammy.  Actually Cynthia stated that she met Tammy for the first time during this season through a mutual friend.  Porsha and Shamea seems to have like tastes and both act very young and fun loving.  I believe that is another reason Phaedra hangs out with them.  Without the negative influences, they seem to be a fun bunch.  And yes, I too feel that wearing a bathing suit and cover at the beach does not make you a THOT (ie that whore over there).  They take pride in their bodies and love showing it off.

Tammy is just strange.  She dresses weird, walks weird and she act weird.  I still believe she is smoking something where ever she is disappearing to.  She had to have brought on the guys when they boarded the yacht so why didn't anyone see these guys earlier?  More so, why didn't Cynthia know anything about her "friend" bringing a "plus 2"

Phaedra was just funny as heck this episode with her TH observations.  I also liked that just like she did with Kenya, she went to Kim to calm her down and she got Kim to interact with the other girls a little bit longer (at least until the second fight).

You just do not come for Sheree.  She is not going to back down and she will call you out on any bullshit.  Tammy wasn't at all prepared for that.

Kenya.  This is the point where I will try darn hard to not use intense profanity when talking about her.  Every altercation, every fight, every bit of drama has Kenya written all over it.  From the boat ride from hell last episode to the boat ride from hell this episode.  Her mouth ruined the dinner for the girls on the boat and her desperate attempt for attention ruined a fun time with the girls after.  This guy was a stranger to her and he obviously was NOT interested in her.  So snapping her fingers at him to get his attention, calling him "youngblood" like some old lady fixing to discipline a teenager is going to rub any man the wrong way.  This guy also has short fuse so it only going to get worse. 

Kandi did well to stay at the villa while the other went sailing into the pits of despair.

• Love 14

It's official: Kim Fields is the most boring housewife ever. In fact, I bet there are few people in all of Atlanta that they could have cast that would be more of a dud than Kim. I feel for the poor producer that had to try to make a storyline out of her life. I agree part of the issue is that these "ladies" are not her type of people. She's used to church folk.

Edited by laprin
  • Love 5
Kim this ain't your life. Go home!  Your happy is obviously your man and kids. Nothing wrong with that except for the fact that you are fucking with my viewing pleasure.

Perfect summation! There's a lot of space between ratchet and and boring--Kandi and Cynthia live there and make occasional visits to both extremes. Kim is boring (for tv purposes), and dare I say a little sanctimonious. Big deal, there was "boobage." They weren't at church. 

• Love 11

Here's what I don't understand about Kim. She intros herself by saying that she is a professional in the entertainment industry, actor, producer, director, etc. I find it very hard to believe that if she has an active professional career that she has never spent a night away from her family. Traveling for work is part of the job. The other thing I do not understand is that if indeed she is a professional and was cast in RHOA, why the heck did she not research what she was getting into? She acts horrified/puzzled/perplexed at everything going on around her. RHOA is on DVD. Any showbiz veteran would make dam sure they knew what they were in store for. 

What is it about these women and bedroom fights? That they had to freaking talk about it in the damn bus because if they didn't work it out beforehand, it was going to be a battle. I mean, it's a damn bedroom. It's free. Who cares? But I did think that Kim calling the living room when bedrooms were available was silly. 

Damn the clothes they wear are terrible. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 9

Sad that woman are not allowed to sometimes just be themselves and happy. Even if they haven't hit the gym recently.

I think all the ladies have great bodies.

• Love 17

I didn't think Kim was so much homesick (although I do think that was a little part of it) as just feeling out of her element. Did she know what she signed up for? Possibly. It's hard to imagine people don't watch the show, but you never know. Even so, there is a difference between watching something and thinking you get it and then actually experiencing it. Honestly, Kim just might have felt these are not her type of girls. I know I would. I'm younger than most of them, but I'm way past my party stage. If I went out of town, I'd want to visit museums and historical landmarks, eat at nice restaurants and have an early night in. There is certainly nothing wrong with how the other women travelling, but drinking and dancing with strangers just isn't my thing. 

I think Kim is probably the same way. I think she felt uncomfortable. She wants to have a good time and be sociable, but is just way out of her comfort zone. I'm sure if she went on a different get away with some close girlfriends, the reaction wouldn't be the same. I just think she didn't know what to do with herself. And I don't think she drew a lot of attention to it or made a big deal about it. It just sort of hit her all at once, and she pulled away from the group. Phaedra sought her out, and Kim just kind of vented all that was going on, because she feels a connection to Phaedra. They talked it out, she calmed down, she went on into the restaurant. It's not like she holed herself up in her room (okay, living room) the entire time, crying and refusing to participate. She's trying. 

I did love when she plainly called Kenya out. Kenya DOES always act like she's just relaying information, but in reality she is totally trying to stir shit up. Kim definitely has her number. 

How many times is Cynthia going to make some sort of "kick", "foot", etc. pun? Because it's already getting real old. 

• Love 17

Can't believe I find myself agreeing with Porsha twice in two weeks: Kim is wearing me out with this homesick routine too. We get it, you have the only greatest marriage of all time. Except ...  clearly your oldest son is old enough for this man not to be brand new to you, and are well into your 40s, yet you want to act like some 20 year old newlywed who can't handle three damned days apart. Geeze Louise, woman. I don't even care if you don't "like" girl's' trips - this ain't a girl's trip, it's work. Which you signed up for. And you and your husband can carry your happy asses back to Miami any time you want, nothing is stopping you. But all the damned crying and needing to be jollied the fuck along at every turn is plucking my last good nerve, the one I'm saving for grandchildren someday. You're an actress - act like you can be that grown woman you like to talk about for 72 fucking hours, geeze! These shows do nobody any good. She's starting to come across like her emotional development was stunted at "Tootie." Except, of course when she shows those teeniest little flashes of diva starlet. And then I know she's not as brand new as she's trying to come across as.

All of this. As I mentioned last week, I'm getting tired of the doe eyed innocent act. I'm sure Kim is lovely to be around once the camera stops rolling, but she acts like she's a 70 year old church mother. This is not the first season of Real Housewives. Who doesn't know that these ladies have no chill when they travel? Also, it's three days! I could understand her being upset if she were gone for three weeks in some remote part of the world, but you're in Miami. Which is not that far from Atlanta. When I looked up how long a flight is, it's only an hour and a half. Get it together, Kim!

Claiming the living room was silly as hell. Why sacrifice your privacy and comfortable sleeping arrangements to stay on the couch? That was veering into Tammy levels of strange. Everyone can walk in and out of "your space."

Tammy is an odd one. She'd look nice with a pixie cut. I don't know what she's thinking with those braids. Her dress was all right, but those shoes were too casual for that outfit. I'm not saying live above your means and buy Louboutins, but she could've gone to DSW and picked up some dressy sandals. Let's not even get into her not traveling with a purse. She seems like the type of person that if you saw her on the street, you'd hope she didn't see you.

Can't believe I find myself agreeing with Porsha twice in two weeks: Kim is wearing me out with this homesick routine too. We get it, you have the only greatest marriage of all time. Except ...  clearly your oldest son is old enough for this man not to be brand new to you, and are well into your 40s, yet you want to act like some 20 year old newlywed who can't handle three damned days apart. Geeze Louise, woman. I don't even care if you don't "like" girl's' trips - this ain't a girl's trip, it's work. Which you signed up for. And you and your husband can carry your happy asses back to Miami any time you want, nothing is stopping you. But all the damned crying and needing to be jollied the fuck along at every turn is plucking my last good nerve, the one I'm saving for grandchildren someday. You're an actress - act like you can be that grown woman you like to talk about for 72 fucking hours, geeze! These shows do nobody any good. She's starting to come across like her emotional development was stunted at "Tootie." Except, of course when she shows those teeniest little flashes of diva starlet. And then I know she's not as brand new as she's trying to come across as.

All of this. As I mentioned last week, I'm getting tired of the doe eyed innocent act. I'm sure Kim is lovely to be around once the camera stops rolling, but she acts like she's a 70 year old church mother. This is not the first season of Real Housewives. Who doesn't know that these ladies have no chill when they travel? Also, it's three days! I could understand her being upset if she were gone for three weeks in some remote part of the world, but you're in Miami. Which is not that far from Atlanta. When I looked up how long a flight is, it's only an hour and a half. Get it together, Kim!

Claiming the living room was silly as hell. Why sacrifice your privacy and comfortable sleeping arrangements to stay on the couch? That was veering into Tammy levels of strange. Everyone can walk in and out of "your space."

Tammy is an odd one. She'd look nice with a pixie cut. I don't know what she's thinking with those braids. Her dress was all right, but those shoes were too casual for that outfit. I'm not saying live above your means and buy Louboutins, but she could've gone to DSW and picked up some dressy sandals. Let's not even get into her not traveling with a purse. She seems like the type of person that if you saw her on the street, you'd hope she didn't see you.

• Love 7

It's painfully obvious in every scene she's in that she didn't understand what she signed up for and that it's a lot different than what she was expecting. I can see the regret on her face every second. Kim seems pretty low maintenance, bringing a book and some homemade snacks onto the boat

It's painfully obvious in every scene she's in that she didn't understand what she signed up for and that it's a lot different than what she was expecting. I can see the regret on her face every second. Kim seems pretty low maintenance, bringing a book and some homemade snacks onto the boat, claiming the couch for her bed, and jamming out to her gospel music. She is just too unlike all the other women.

I think that's pretty much it. She said something as Phaedra was approaching her before the eventually went into the restaurant, and it was along the lines of "girls dancing with girls." I mean, the segment began with Kim sitting outside listening to worship and praise. These women are not about that "worship and praise" life in the slightest. 

• Love 3

Stuck at my aunt's house and sat down to watch this with her. I thought she was mistaken when she said Kim Fields was in the cast. Wow.

Well I don't know if it's related, but during the Living Single reunion, Kim mentioned she had some feelings of insecurity about her own body while doing scenes with Erika Alexander.

Yeah, this is not for Kim. I don't know if she's doing this because she needs money or what, but this is SO not her scene. I mean, look, I get that she loves her husband and I thought what she said about putting in the work that marriage requires and enjoying the fruits of that labor was sweet, but: it's three days, it's less than two hours by air, and FaceTime and Skype exist. All that weeping seems like codependency to me. I think it's healthy for couples to spend some time apart - a three-day business trip is enough time for couples to miss each other, which makes the return that much better. I went on a long weekend with one of my best friends earlier this year, when my last relationship was pretty new (I'd booked it before I met him) and I found myself missing him a lot because it was the kind of trip he would have enjoyed, and it would have been great to go with him. I told him that when I talked to him during the trip, but I also loved the QT I got with that friend (who was also in a relationship at the time; we are now both single). He was like "I miss you too, but I'm glad you're having fun." That, to me, is healthy. Kim being like "I don't understand dancing with girlfriends!" made me think "You don't understand ... dancing?"

I also don't understand how she could have come up in Hollywood and be so naive. I mean, you can certainly choose not to partake in some elements of that life, but Kim acts shocked that they even exist, which makes no sense to me.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 9

Kim must have known that there were trips involved when she accepted the job. There's nothing worse than being on a trip with someone who so obviously doesn't want to be there. Way to crap on everyone else's trip, Kim. Stay home!

• Love 5