Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Rule #8: Timing Is Everything

Tweet, tweet, chirp, chirp -- wowza, it's awfully quiet in the threads for this show.  Where are all those peeps from the thread on the first ep of this season, who said they luv it & now feel comfy cuz all the hate watchers are gone? 

Well, I didn't watch this ep cuz I'm still not interested, but I guess nobody else is either?  Is anyone watching & enjoying this show?  There are some recaps, from sites I've never heard of, that still sound excited about the show, and yet ratings are really horrible.  Here it is for this season so far-

http://bravowhore.com/post/134793346484/gg2ds02

I'm wondering what Bravo will do if the ratings continue to drop below 600 thou.  This ep didn't even make the top 100 cable shows.  That's pretty bad, considering it was on after BH, which was one of the top-rated shows (after the debates) of the nite, with 1.5 mil viewers.  So will Bravo pull the show if ratings dip very low or will they stick with it?  They stuck with Apres Ski for the short run of that show & its ratings fell below 500 thou.  But that show ran for 8 eps & this season of GGTD is either 12 or 13 eps.  

So will Bravo continue to run this thing after one of its highest rated shows (BH), when its ratings are consistently in the toilet?  I suspect they've sunk a lot of money into making this second season.  And those Bravo execs who greenlighted this second season have to justify that expense -- or their heads will roll.  Well, I distinctly remember how those Bravo execs made the bold claims about high ratings from DVR, on demand & repeat viewing, while "first shown" ratings mostly stunk or were meh at best.  As seen from the above link, after 3 eps this season, the "first shown" ratings are abysmal.

Anyhoo, if anyone is still watching the show, please share.  I'd like to know if I'm missing anything.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Just when I thought Delia's fiancé was going to wise up and finally call off the wedding, she decided to be mature about the whole thing. I'm still not convinced this marriage should happen, but perhaps all hope is not lost.

Did they ever say why Abby's daughter was crying after her driving lesson? It was unclear.

Edited by mrsbagnet

I thought I'd catch it on the rebroadcast but -- wow, not as many this time around; maybe next week?  I saw where they had Jake be the Bad Guy again, and not admit to her he told other people (like her brother) before her about the baby.  

And I still say Barbara acted very unprofessionally at their first and second meeting.  Look around, Barb.  You think you work for a place that has any desire to show the "real face of divorce"??  

But, isn't the whole current storyline Abby consciously lying to her readers about the trainwreck which is her life so she can boff the cheating ex whose child with a woman half her age she's soon going to be financially supporting along with daddy with the money she makes telling women how to approach their lives growthfully based on her fabulous divorce?

I mean, where does anyone fall on a spectrum of professional to that?

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1

I'm wondering what Bravo will do if the ratings continue to drop below 600 thou.  This ep didn't even make the top 100 cable shows.  That's pretty bad, considering it was on after BH, which was one of the top-rated shows (after the debates) of the nite, with 1.5 mil viewers.  So will Bravo pull the show if ratings dip very low or will they stick with it?  They stuck with Apres Ski for the short run of that show & its ratings fell below 500 thou.  But that show ran for 8 eps & this season of GGTD is either 12 or 13 eps.  

So will Bravo continue to run this thing after one of its highest rated shows (BH), when its ratings are consistently in the toilet?  I suspect they've sunk a lot of money into making this second season.  And those Bravo execs who greenlighted this second season have to justify that expense -- or their heads will roll.  Well, I distinctly remember how those Bravo execs made the bold claims about high ratings from DVR, on demand & repeat viewing, while "first shown" ratings mostly stunk or were meh at best.  As seen from the above link, after 3 eps this season, the "first shown" ratings are abysmal.

I saw those cable ratings for Tuesday and was pretty shocked, I mean I think the show's crap but I never expected it to sink so low so quickly in the new season, especially as they've clearly thrown so much money at it. I've got a morbid fascination with how this show does though, because I think it's symptomatic of why Bravo is screwing up right now. They had a formula that worked really well and then they decided to branch out into scripted because they saw $ signs. Well that hasn't worked out well for them, has it? It doesn't matter how good the DVR ratings are. They make the bulk of their profits from advertising during the first broadcast, and a show that's routinely losing more than a million viewers from RHOBH can't be bringing that much in. Drama is way more expensive to make than reality anyway. Hell, they could put a RH re-run on and it'd probably do better than this. I still think the lead was miscast and the showrunner is smoking the good stuff if she thinks this show resembles the average person's divorce. Jury's out if they'll renew. It might be a matter of pride, because they don't want to admit their great new direction for the channel was a complete failure. At least AMC had the sense to hold up their hands when they made a mistake and went back to doing what they do best.

But, isn't the whole curent storyline Abby consciously lying to her readers about the trainwreck which is her life so she can boff the cheating ex whose child with a woman half her age she's soon going to be financially supporting along with daddy with the money she makes telling women how to approach their lives growthfully based on her fabulous divorce?

I mean, where does anyone fall on a spectrum of professional to that?

That's actually pretty immoral, especially as it's the second time she's done it after lying to her readers about her 'perfect marriage' in the first place. Is there anybody on this show who doesn't deserve to be thrown on an island to fend for themselves? 

• Love 1

I don't watch because it's a compelling storyline (it isn't). I watch because I love Abby's halter tops, her house and Beau Garret (Phoebe?)..

And I absolutely can't argue with that, but it being Bravo they should have given them a meta-talk show called The Shrew and not have ever asked us to watch them try to simulate humans. And particularly Ms Ubach, who has either been grossly disserved by the writers or just can't work out how the other 99.xxxx lives.