Type keyword(s) to search

Live Chat Jill and Jessa Counting On: A New Chapter

I thought Jill knew Spanish already? Weren't the older girls making fun of how Jim Bob tried to speak Spanish when they went on that mission trip several years ago? I recall Jill made a real friend with that Spanish girl and she even came to the US to visit and stayed in the TTH with the family. Am I dreaming this up and it was a different daughter? I wonder if Jill has to play dumb as not to show up her "headship". Why did Derick have to walk 15 miles in the rain if the tutor was coming to the house already? It seems they were both doing two different things. Odd.

• Love 2

ETA quote

Does anyone know what the viewer numbers were from last week?

The ones I saw were high.

Some variations. One reported a 2.25 (seems high). They did well 18-49,

I think they were in the Top 20 of TLC shows.

It's around here somewhere.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

Derrick seems to think that if he says english words with a spanish accent, he's golden. 

Seriously we watched them eat pickles and pie.

That's also Boob's theory about learning a new language. Serious study is not really necessary, especially for Duggars who have better things to do. Just pronounce your English words with a Spanish accent, adding an "o" to the end of many words [road-o, game-o, food-o etc] - and You Are Set. When I was teaching first grade, my district added Spanish to the curriculum and no exaggeration at all, but my kids were leaps and bounds ahead of Frick and Frack here. Derick's progress has been slow at best, and Jill's - practically negligible.

• Love 2

That's also Boob's theory about learning a new language. Serious study is not really necessary, especially for Duggars who have better things to do. Just pronounce your English words with a Spanish accent, adding an "o" to the end of many words [road-o, game-o, food-o etc] - and You Are Set. When I was teaching first grade, my district added Spanish to the curriculum and no exaggeration at all, but my kids were leaps and bounds ahead of Frick and Frack here. Derick's progress has been slow at best, and Jill's - practically negligible.

As we have seen Boob's theory also applies to Japanese and Chinese as well.

• Love 4

Oh my goodness, that woman's voice at the Southern Women's show was in the stratosphere! "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!" OMG Jessa doesn't have any slippers?! Who'd a thunk it? That is considered a "speaking engagement"? Very sad that there seemed to be no content whatsoever.

I wanted to throat punch her. Its like i am deliberately testing my blood pressure meds tonight. First this shitshow then right straight into some special titled "Who is Donald Trump?"
  • Love 3

In preparation of watching Part 2, I'm rewatching Part 1. There is a Bonus scene showing Jessa finding matching window valances to the crib bed skirt. Not having curtain rods doesn't stop these two idiots from hanging them. Jessa decides they can staple them to the wall, which they do with a desk stapler. I can possibly see people doing this but she doesn't even iron or put them in dryer to get wrinkles out. And they were so proud of themselves. Maybe it's just me.

Wait, you're telling me Jessa came up with an idea on her own and then she and Bin Boy carried it out? That's, like, probably the greatest accomplishment of their lives to date. Of course they're proud!

• Love 4

vocal fry. And everything, like.

Bin looks completely stunned and stupid.

Meeting the baby? It's in a self-contained unit that takes care of itself?

Izzy is huge compared to this show. But wait! He's not just baby he's exercise equipment.

• Love 4

I didn't need to hear that her turkey-whatever said the baby was done.

No boundaries.

At least Derrick let me know that they speak a different language there.

I feel bad for him, hearing him speak. Long process.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

Who is translating for Jill at the clinic? There was no way she understood what that lady was saying.

Jill knows more than anyone else about childbirth.

Jessa would like everyone to know it's painful.

• Love 1

So Anna breaks down crying talking about "the past few months" because she just cannot say "Your brother is a fucktard!" while Jessa just stares at her blankly.

I'm not the warmest person in the world but Geesh a Loo, put a hand on her knee, offer here a There There or something. Anything.

Anna says she's back on the compound because she needs the support of the family but I just don't see any happening for her.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 7

They really do display their babies.

Whichever one that is, being held at a distance, looks like if baby isn't soon burped baby will hurl.

Placenta. 'Nuff said.

Staged contraction and time for a commercial.

It appears that Jill does understand what people say to her based on how she responds when spoken to. I know Spanish somewhat. I can read and understand when spoken to but have a hard time responding in Spanish without considerable thought and terrible grammar.....

Bolding mine

So Anna breaks down crying talking about "the past few months" because she just cannot say "Your brother is a fucktard!" while Jessa just stares at her blankly.

I'm not the warmest person in the world but Geesh a Loo, put a hand on her knee, offer here a There There or something. Anything.

Anna says she's back on the compound because she needs the support of the family but I just don't see any happening for her.

She didn't sound particularly thrilled when she said, I can't believe I'm back here.

Geesh. Good thing Jessa has people to remind her to breathe.

It appears that Jill does understand what people say to her based on how she responds when spoken to. I know Spanish somewhat. I can read and understand when spoken to but have a hard time responding in Spanish without considerable thought and terrible grammar.....

I don't think Jill understood what the ladies at the clinic were saying. She was just doing the Duggar "stay sweet" smile & nodding her head, ala Boob.

• Love 2

I think Jill knows more Spanish than we thought.  She seems to understand what they are saying.  Derick, not so much.  

I wish they would have more of those rare moments where they try to be humorous like Ben joking about how many pregnancy pictures Jessa takes.  Maybe I better qualify that with not trying to be funny like JB.  

Bin talks like he runs out of breath.  He is not a natural speaker, needs to reconsider being a preacher or anything that involves speaking or critical thinking.

• Love 2

Ben is what happens when your not allowed to date traditionally.

When you get to date you learn that boys like Ben are just for looking at.

You take selfies with them, use them as prom dates, he'll even sleep with them. What you don't do is marry them. You just don't have long term relationships with the good looking but dumb ones.

I had a Ben in my past. Man, he was Sooo good looking but when he opened his mouth...shit he was stupid. I had mother was smart enough to say to me "have your fun w that one and cut him loose" .

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 9

Jessa would like everyone to know it's painful.

Wow. You learn something new every day.

I think some people who spend a lot of time in Gothard land don't have any idea what support actually is.

The Duggars are killing me with the fakery. Jessa just happens to start having contractions right as she's Skyping with Jill? Give me a break.

This is why it's so good for them to be on reality tv. Not.

• Love 3

K. My hubby just looked over at me during the lead in to commercial and with his eyes crossed slowly said "mutttther isssss bleeeeeding..........after.......

birth."

I'm howling with laughter and quite possibly peed a bit.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 11

That's their house??

I pictured something more splendid. And bigger. Almost looks like Davey and Pris's new place.

Is that normal? To be out walking in the dark supposedly forcing contractions that are already arriving every 5 minutes?

Oh!

Thank goodness. They've called in the team!

Wonder if TLC could be called to produce footage of "The Team".

Edited by NewDigs