Type keyword(s) to search

Live Chat Jill and Jessa Counting On: A New Chapter

What kind of idiot parents were the Kellers? Who on earth would let their daughter marry a guy who admits that he was touching young siblings inappropriately? They should be named co-worst parents of the last 2 decades with Blob and Michelle.

• Love 19

This poor dumb idiot. Yes I know she took wedding vows but didn't he break those vows first? I didn't watch their wedding episode so was there something in their vows that allowed Josh to have sex with other women? I'm assuming no, so he broke the vows, so what the fuck is she talking about that she took a vow for better or for worse? So the husband can do whatever he wants and the wife stays because vows.

No, but she explained it quite clearly I thought, for Anna.  First and foremost, before she married Josh, she vowed to, or in her words basically, married God first.  So that's the excuse she should use for never leaving.

What was most instructive to me is, it seems pretty clear that the women blame Josh wholly and not Anna.

And yet…

They don’t, or haven’t processed it, because while Anna clearly has difficulty talking about it, she doesn’t own the behaviors in respect to Josh.  It’s not “Josh did X”; it’s, instead, “that [marital] loyalty was broken”.  Like Josh didn’t have anything to do with the breach.  Or it was just “something that happened”, passively instead of actively.

There should be more simple watching of Meredyth (though I note, chyron said "Meredith") in this hour, IMO.

Oh goodie!  Now we're going to party plan with that firecracker Sierra!

• Love 5

If they say walk through one more time I'm going to throw something at the tv!

Aaaand Anna is sticking with the bastard..what an idiot

They all are racking up some serious milage walking through all this stuff.
  • Love 5

Poor Anna. Stuck in the girls' dorm like a five year-old. I agree she's working overtime trying to convince herself that sticking it out with Josh is the best option.

Jill's crying again, big shocker.

I sometimes wonder how many cases of quiet postpartum depression we have witnessed being "walked through". Including glazed over Michelle.

• Love 6

OK, at least the boys were funny talking about their baby food shopping.  Credit where credit is due.

Jessa gamely, if unlikely, characterizes her sisters as party animals.  I am not making this up.

Of course, earlier Sierra characterized the purchase of dill pickle flavored potato chips as the height of wild craziness in her household, so the bar may be set very low.

• Love 5

I'm getting annoyed that they are changing episode names and calling them new when they're mostly not.

IMO, this is SOP for TLC, especially with the Duggar show. Someone on TLC's payroll must get extra $$ if he/she can squeeze in previously-unused footage. Which this individual seems able to do often, especially since TLC is not at all picky about making sense and fitting with the context of the "scene."

• Love 2

Damn, there were no Duggar boys available to help load those heavy ass duffel bags into the car? Jana has to play moving man too?

Cathy looks really, really frail. I can't believe her doctor gave her the okay to travel out of the country.

• Love 2

why can't Anna stay at Jill's house when she leaves, why stick 5 people in a bedroom.....

"All the better to watch you, my pretties."

Israel can be a little distracting?

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 4

Why is it the Spanish teacher's problem to deal with Iz?? I mean that's nice that she has 2 boys but you've hired her as a teacher, not a nanny.

And they've moved to Central America to study Spanish? Can't they do that in Arkansas for a few months and THEN move? Good for Derick though, he just seems happier in the developing world -- outside the McMansion and presumably happier that he isn't chained to a desk.

Do most Americans eat raw fruits/vegetables in the developing world? I thought you weren't supposed to do that?

• Love 2

Why is it the Spanish teacher's problem to deal with Iz?? I mean that's nice that she has 2 boys but you've hired her as a teacher, not a nanny.

And they've moved to Central America to study Spanish? Can't they do that in Arkansas for a few months and THEN move? Good for Derick though, he just seems happier in the developing world -- outside the McMansion and presumably happier that he isn't chained to a desk.

Do most Americans eat raw fruits/vegetables in the developing world? I thought you weren't supposed to do that?

Did they HIRE her? Good, I was thinking maybe the tutoring was being done in exchange for being saved.

All versions of "WALK"  ....walk, walking, walked....have been my drinking game......I was planning to use "LIKE" , but didn't want to get that bombed.......and now I'm borderline blasted.   Could've used SEASONS, JOURNEY, or CHAPTER and be just as far gone.

Aaaaaannnndddd.................

The best part has been the preview of Jim Parsons on Long Island Medium.

• Love 3

Oh my goodness, that woman's voice at the Southern Women's show was in the stratosphere!  "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!"  OMG  Jessa doesn't have any slippers?!  Who'd a thunk it?   That is considered a "speaking engagement"?  Very sad that there seemed to be no content whatsoever.  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 4

Oh my goodness, that woman's voice at the Southern Women's show was in the stratosphere!  "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!"  OMG  she doesn't have any slippers?!  Who'd a thunk it?   That is considered a "speaking engagement"?  Very sad that there seemed to be no content whatsoever.

And if there was ever a time to wear the maxi skirt.....

• Love 4

Stupid games are the reason I loathe baby showers more than any other social event. Why can't people just do a tasteful luncheon, open gifts and call it a day?

That's how we do it.  No games ever.

don't they have a guest room in the TTH?

Grandma Mary lives in the guest room already.  Why Anna couldn't have the "guest house" is a mystery to me though.  That should be close enough for Jim Bob's headship. 

• Love 2

Have Jill or Derick even said a complete sentence in Spanish? Only thing Jill has said is "Si". Do they not know what immersion means?

There is an entrance fee for the larger show, but her little talk (with the pre-screened Q&A) is otherwise free.

They should pay the audience to listen to them.

• Love 7

Have Jill or Derick even said a complete sentence in Spanish? Only thing Jill has said is "Si". Do they not know what immersion means?

It seems to have morphed into cultural immersion.

I heard Jill say, Gracias.

So she knows "yes" and "thank you".

Cultural immersion might be different from what she expected.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1