Type keyword(s) to search

Live Chat Jill and Jessa Counting On: A New Chapter

Rockwell tools advertised.

Right out of the gate Jill and Jessa were blaming the media.

Michelle and JB managed to get some on-camera time, just enough to maybe draw a paycheck??

Poor Derrick looks like a ventriloquist's dummy whose chin section is out of alignment. And maybe some nerve or muscle damage to one eye?

And those are my thoughts on the episode, why did I watch?

• Love 4

God bless the kind souls who endured this entire yawn fest to report on the details. I forgot it was even on until I caught a few minutes, then turned it off.

My observations (the little I saw) . . . the scene in the thrift store with Jessa and Jinger picking out a glider chair was obviously staged - "Oh, look, they have two!". Except for the colour (one was white, one was brown), they were identical and in pristine condition. Jessa chose the white one. I suspect it is no longer white nor pristine now that Spurgeon has left his mark(s).

Jessa and Jill make hot chocolate (exciting!). Jessa turns up her nose and says, "It smells like cow". I had the same reaction watching this very Duggar Special. I smells like the same old cash cow, and it sure does stink.

• Love 13

Bin's graduation from community college, maybe

I  mentioned that upthread, but now that it was mentioned, of course they will show Jill becoming a "midwife." That's a big plot point as they send her off 'Overseas."

• Love 1

Good grief, the dialogue is even worse than I thought it would be. I think I'd be more interested to hear the conversation of two 11-year old sixth graders on a school bus for half an hour than I have been in the conversations & THs I've heard so far. And I've been switching back and forth between Duggars and "It's a Wonderful Life" - what a dichotomy!

• Love 9

Well, towards the end Jill said they were "stepping on" - closed captioning and my ears agree on this point - and that may have been the only interesting thing anyone said tonight, because I immediately thought "Wonder if that means Jill is the only person with compunction to think that they are "stepping on" Josh's back to get to this point" - but really, that might have been the only interesting thing anyone said.

Except for John David and Joseph, who now strike me as young men of character.

I'm also fascinated to contemplate how they think next week's (?) Anna-n-Josh storyline is going to go, without specifically asking Anna if she is thinking of leaving Josh.

• Love 7

It was basically just the backs of their heads (unless I missed something; I was cooking dinner).

JB was leading prayer, maybe that was the preview for the next episode? Michelle was side hugging Jill.
  • Love 1

Why are they all so afraid? The conversatons they have with each other seem strained like they need to watch every single word that comes out of their mouths.

Jana seems to feel for Anna's situation even though she isn't allowed to express herself.

This whole show is just another sad example of how twisted Gothard's teachings have ruined people's lives.

Why are they all so afraid? The conversatons they have with each other seem strained like they need to watch every single word that comes out of their mouths.

Jana seems to feel for Anna's situation even though she isn't allowed to express herself.

This whole show is just another sad example of how twisted Gothard's teachings have ruined people's lives.

I'm certain they DO need to be careful of every syllable they say, while the cameras are rolling. Daddy is sitting just out of camera range - at all times.

Thank you. I took a pain pill before it started & it's helped.

I got an attorney commercial too-for birth injuries. Should have been a divorce attorney.

I'm shocked - No matching shirts for the Dullards at the goodbye dinner.

That's OK because Boob and Me-chelle were both wearing orange. 

• Love 4

Anna infuriates me. Yeah, what Smugs did was devastating, but you're choosing to stay with him. Come on, Anna! Show your children that you don't tolerate your husband breaking the sanctity of your marriage vows, and leave him.  You, and your children deserve better. Despite what your cult tells you to do. Divorce is okay.

At least this round is only 60 minutes. 90 was too much.

• Love 4

Sure we can be upset that Anna won't leave the worm she married but does anyone expect her to actually leave? She's been programmed since birth to know she is nothing without a man. She needs a man to take care of her. If Anna actually interacted with someone outside her cult, she might buy a clue but she might as well be a prisoner, albeit a willing one out of ignorance.

• Love 3

In preparation of watching Part 2, I'm rewatching Part 1. There is a Bonus scene showing Jessa finding matching window valances to the crib bed skirt. Not having curtain rods doesn't stop these two idiots from hanging them. Jessa decides they can staple them to the wall, which they do with a desk stapler. I can possibly see people doing this but she doesn't even iron or put them in dryer to get wrinkles out. And they were so proud of themselves. Maybe it's just me.

• Love 5

At least this is only an hour.

An hour padded with last week's material.

An hour I will never get back.

But watching those idiots staple those valances up might have made it worthwhile.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

Well, we have our answer, kinda sorta...

Anna is stuck in Jessa and Jilly Muffin's old bedroom.

Meredyth is shown, and the only child you would think is living in the room with her, so unsure yet where M1-3 are (i bet you can guess though!!!).  Anna calls him "Joshua", which could be "doghouse talk", heh.

So far Meredyth steals the show.

So when Anna says "if I went off of what I was feeling I would have turned a mess into a disaster" I'm going to assume this means she wanted to set that fucker on fire and never speak to him again. I wish she would have gone with her original gut feeling.

• Love 17

Wow -- she is REALLY having to convince herself that she SHOULD be Christ like and forgive Joshua. She isn't jumping to do that like a good fundie life would. I don't see this marriage lasting. It'll last for a while -- she'll "forgive" him for now, he'll come back, they'll make another baby or two, and then when she thinks all is good -- he'll cheat again and that 2nd (or 3rd or 4th etc) time will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

• Love 1

This poor dumb idiot. Yes I know she took wedding vows but didn't he break those vows first? I didn't watch their wedding episode so was there something in their vows that allowed Josh to have sex with other women? I'm assuming no, so he broke the vows, so what the fuck is she talking about that she took a vow for better or for worse? So the husband can do whatever he wants and the wife stays because vows.

• Love 2

So Josh shared his story of molesting his sisters the first time he met Anna's parents? I don't believe that shit.

Well, they're keeping their story consistent, at any rate. This is what they've said ever since this mess began. ... .Some people involved in similar church situations seem to think it's plausible, too, given the kinds of public confessions a lot of people have heard. And with the Kellers being sort of Gothard operatives, they may well have been in line to hear those confessions, since it seems that those are the people JB turned to, to the extent that he turned to anyone.

• Love 1

Anna knows.

I just really think she knows. She knows Josh isn't supposed to be married. She knows he's not supposed to be a dad of four. She knows all the shit they've been shoveling at her about God protecting her marriage is BS.

She's going to keep up w this shit show because it's all she has. What is she gonna do? Get a job? Go out to the Christian clubs and find a new headship? That's a hard sell w four kids. So she's going to sit in that chair and wipe imaginary tears and play her role.

• Love 10

Wow -- she is REALLY having to convince herself that she SHOULD be Christ like and forgive Joshua. She isn't jumping to do that like a good fundie life would. I don't see this marriage lasting. It'll last for a while -- she'll "forgive" him for now, he'll come back, they'll make another baby or two, and then when she thinks all is good -- he'll cheat again and that 2nd (or 3rd or 4th etc) time will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

And hopefully she won't catch anything in the process.