Type keyword(s) to search

Live Chat Jill and Jessa Counting On: A New Chapter

Here's a chance to post during the episode. Even though it's more of a chatty atmosphere, a place to record your initial reaction to something while it's airing, try to provide some context to the reactions. Once the episode is finished please continue the rest of the discussion in the pinned episode topic.

Enjoy! 

• Love 1

I stop to briefly note that, so far, in the credit factory, both Derrick and Bin have cooked, which puts them a step above their shared FIL.  Granted, for Ben it was only scrambling eggs or something, but it's progress.

Oh look, 10 minutes in and it's so boring they have to start talking about Josh already.

• Love 4

So many virtual love offerings to those of you who are actually watching this and commenting. This board is as close to watching as I'm going to get. I'm not a Nielsen family but just in case somehow it can still be attributed to ratings, my cable box is staying far away from it!

• Love 9

First it was "nothing that anyone was awake for" and it was nothing, but now it's a lot of something and trust needs to be rebuilt. Seriously they can't remember their own narrative. OR was that the narrative that Mommy and Daddy decided on to avoid issues on their show? I'm still confused because what happened would have been a big deal to me.

• Love 15

Both Jill and Jessa are so awkward with their husbands. They seem so unnatural together. Like how I would act if I was forced to live with a strange hideously ugly man I had just met. They really don't seem to know each other very well and they certainly don't seem to be in love or even really like each other.

• Love 10

Well Ben is derpy all the way down so his hair fits.

I just can't get over Derrick's now wonky eye and his crooked jaw.

The music is so Intervention-y.

Did he always look like that? I don't remember him looking like that. 

They do seem much more forthcoming than their parents were. I do feel sad for the girls. The molestation DID happen long ago and if Jill and Jessa had found a way to make peace with it, that is great. And of course it would have hurt terribly to have it all dug up and publicized. This doesn't excuse anything their parents did or failed to do.

Maybr having had their whole lives on camera for so long, it feels necessary to them to explain??? It's odd to me. But I feel for them. Josh did do a number on the family.

The juxtaposition between the girls is interesting.

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 6

Fifteen minutes in and I'm ready to stick a fork in my eye. We've already seen the Megan Kelly interview, enough with the rehashing.

Jessa's cluttered countertops and Bin's derpy haircut are KILLING me.

I don't know to post pics but Bin's hair looks like Justin Biebers hair when he first rose to popularity. Google if you need to see what I'm talking about.

• Love 2

Derrick's face was relatively symmetrical before surgery and now...I'd sue if I were him but, I don't know if the bones will kind of settle down into some semblance of uh normal?

I suck for watching this but I just signed over 700 documents for work and my mind is oatmeal.

"We will come out of this spire"?? Or spiral?

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 1

They are all really inarticulate. Everyone was asked to describe the last four months of their lives and everyone's answer was so dumb. I guess they all have a really limited vocabulary because they have no real education and aren't allowed to read anything besides the bible. Can they read a newspaper?

• Love 5

Well, you have to admit you don't want much more of the unedited couples, because I've never heard such boring conversation.  I mean, to some extent it's not any less doofier than in-love secular teens, but... Jesus.  Please don't make me spend any more time listening to Bin asking Jessa, "Is this your bookmark?"

SERIOUSLY.  That was a conversational exchange.  After which the editors hastily beat feet to jump back into TH confessionals.

• Love 3

Derick, Jill, Bin and Jessa seem like awkward couples trying to find common ground on a blind date. My mind is boggled that these people are married, having sex and birthing children.

Thank God for the Little Couple promo. Will and Zoe are healing my soul right now, lol.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

It is kind of weird to see their facial expressions that don't always seem to fit what they're saying. I think they are so trained to Keep Sweet that they always have uneasy smiles breaking through

BitterApple I was just thinking the same thing re: the little couple. They are fun. I have a bit of a crush on Bill. He reminds me of a neighborhood friend from when I was growing up.

Topic! Not sure how "together" I would sound, talking about my brother in this context.

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 2

Duh, oh "fire". My ears were listening for Duggar-esque and malapropisms so I wasn't thinking too biblically.

Is Jinger wearing blue contacts? I don't remember her eyes being that blue.

Edited by Chicklet

OK, I grant it's interesting that Jessa is willing to proclaim Josh and Anna's marriage perfection which he was yet (mysteriously, inexplicably - of course) still willing to stray from; or it would be interesting, if Jessa would do the mental work of getting to, maybe we don't know what anyone else's marriage is like; and maybe - gasp! - it's still not enough for some people.

Thank goodness I knew the topic was going to be Josh.  Because otherwise, I'd think the editors were trying to give us some sort of cheap worry-about-stillbirth, because Jessa and Bin are putting covers on the future Spurgey baby mattress, as this glum depressing music plays.

• Love 3

They should have known they were going to be asked about "the last four months". None of them can get a complete thought out. Why does this surprise me?

I want to put my hand thru the TV & pull Ben's hat off. There was a shot of him & Jessa at the beginning at the beach. It would have been nice except he had that goofy hat on, turned sideways. Ugh!!

• Love 4

WTF is wrong with these people? Jill asking Jessa -- is it weird to you that you're married and now having a kid, I know I couldn't catch up -- marriage, now pregnancy, now a 5 month old.

Um -- morons, this is why people date for a while, marry and use BC for  while, and THEN get pregnant when they're ready. They don't do it in marathon form.

• Love 11

I flipped over and saw a lonngg promo for Kate Plus 8 a few minutes ago. Flipped back to the football game on NBC.

Sounds good. Although I'm sure advertisers are just holding out to see the ratings. Yeeps.

I haven't paid attention. That's when I refill my wine lol. I will check next commercial break

Thanks. ... Don't skimp on your wine pouring, though!