Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E11: Kurt Russell, Tina Fey, Josh Widdicombe and Sia

• Start Topic

Other than that twat Tarrantino apparently bailing out for no reason, this was a really good episode.  Russell was actually interesting, and Tina Fey is one of the funniest people out there (and proof to the British that they don't have a monopoly on droll humor), so it all worked.

Cousin It sang spectacularly as usual, but damn her hidden face crap is getting old.

I instantly knew it would be an enjoyable episode the second Graham announced Tarantino dropped out. I like some of his movies, but I don't understand and very much dislike directors and producers trying to be celebrities. See Harvey Weinstein. You people work behind the screen for a reason. Unless I'm seeking you out, stay that way.

I think there are a few, like Scorsese, Spielberg, and the dearly departed Sydney Pollack that it's worked for. But I'm not interested in anything Tarantino has to say unless it's through the medium of film.

Yeah, I'm glad Tarantino bailed. He talks too fast and just seems like he'd monopolize the couch. Was Russell scheduled to be on the show with him, or did he sub for Tarantino?

Good show. Tina was awesome as always. It took me a little bit to warm up to Kurt, or for him to warm up, but he was a good guest and seems like a nice guy. Josh was fine. 

It sounded to me as if Russell subbed for Tarantino; they were both at the premiere, so it wouldn't be that hard to do. I think one reason he was a bit reserved at the beginning was he wasn't sure about the format, but once he got comfortable with it, he was really charming and natural.

Through no fault of his own, Josh Widdicombe got lost in the shuffle, but he made a good effort. If Tarantino had been there, we probably wouldn't have gotten a word out of him.