Type keyword(s) to search

Santa Barbara - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Man, Paul B and Santana never get easier to watch. Ugh! Other than that though, they're finally starting to talk about Sophia Wayne. And Ginger Jones is messing with creepy Peter. So much fun lies ahead that I can power through the icky CC Santana scenes. (But I will still have to shiver)

On 2/23/2023 at 4:10 PM, Shirlaine said:

I was wondering if anyone was interested in starting to watch SB together from the beginning at some point, maybe within 3-6 months? Something like 1-3 episodes / week and then some discussion on what's happening. People seem to be at different points of the show and it would be nice to have a common ground of discussion. For me, it wouldn't rule out watching where I'm currently at, at the same time, as the number of common episodes wouldn't be too high. Just a thought. :)

Shirlaine, I would absolutely do that with you. It would be fun to say things like Brandon wandered off today. If this were Robyn M's Gina, I would check the closet first to make sure she wasn't hiding him. I don't like commenting on the episodes because I don't want to draw YouTubes attention to the channels 

• Like 2

I don't comment much on YT either, more bc I think my opinions are unpopular. It seems most people hate Eden.....she is what drew me to the show, although I skip all the mushy stuff with Cruz lol. Or a lot of it.

And I simply don't get the absolute Kelly worship a lot of people have. Eden was a much more complex and interesting character imo, and much more active. Kelly was a typical rich, spoiled princess imo.

A lot of times I feel like I'm not watching the same show.

Mason.is a universal favourite I guess.

I finally finished 1986 and am on my good way in 1987. Some thoughts of 1986:

Good:
- Jed Allan as CC
- Kirk storyline after when Eden starts to realize he's not a good guy, things leading to Eden & Cruz getting back together
- Mary & Mason together
- The beginning of the baby contract storyline

Bad:
- Tori Lane storyline, she raping Cruz and keeping the baby
- Everything with Mark McCormick and Mary's death, although I prefer Mason with Julia
- Kelly/Nick/Dylan triangle and the mental institution storyline
- Lionel & Caroline
- Jane as Roxanne (and basically Jane in general, as she whines all the time)
- Amy's death
- Ted & Hayley
- Lily Light
- Keith's obsession over Cruz

Mildly interesting:
- Katie Timmons' death
- Pearl searching for his brother Brian and finally finding him
- David Laurent case
- Alice and Gus Jackson

1987 is beginning in a promising way. Cruz and Eden finally got back together (again) and Tori is much more tolerable than before. I actually like her with Mason; too bad they didn't pair her with someone else and write her be this nice. Jake Morton gets on my nerves and I can't understand Hayley spending time with him. Kelly and Jeffrey on the run is fun to watch, I like their arguing . Nice to see Robin Wright in the show after a long pause.

21 hours ago, Bali said:

Shirlaine, I would absolutely do that with you. It would be fun to say things like Brandon wandered off today. If this were Robyn M's Gina, I would check the closet first to make sure she wasn't hiding him. I don't like commenting on the episodes because I don't want to draw YouTubes attention to the channels 

Oh, cool! How far have you got so far and what is your pace of episodes per week? I wonder if I could catch up with you if I started watching from the beginning this weekend. I was supposed to go geocaching with my friend today but she canceled our trip, so I have time to do things such as sit by the TV and knit. :D

18 hours ago, cleo said:

I don't comment much on YT either, more bc I think my opinions are unpopular. It seems most people hate Eden.....she is what drew me to the show, although I skip all the mushy stuff with Cruz lol. Or a lot of it.

And I simply don't get the absolute Kelly worship a lot of people have. Eden was a much more complex and interesting character imo, and much more active. Kelly was a typical rich, spoiled princess imo.

A lot of times I feel like I'm not watching the same show.

Mason.is a universal favourite I guess.

It seems to be good I rarely read any comments of the shows I watch anywhere. I have read Buffy threads here on Primetimer and I had to stop, as I disagreed (didn't write anything though) about most of the things people wrote and felt that they take the whole show so seriously and analyze everything like it was a documentary of real people doing stuff and not a fictional show. Same with a book of essays on Veronica Mars I'm reading. For me, these shows are just entertainment.. Anyway, I had no idea people hate Eden. That's sad. I love her. And I love the mushy stuff with Cruz, too. Also, I didn't know that people worship Kelly. Well.. I like her at times, mostly when she's happy and funny, but she's not very good in her relationships and not very interesting when she's depressed or has problems. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Shirlaine said:

Jane as Roxanne (and basically Jane in general, as she whines all the time)

Jane Sibbett wasn't great on SB, but she really lucked out getting the recurring role as Ross Geller's ex-wife, Carol Willick, on Friends years later.

She was good there.

• Like 1
On 3/11/2023 at 7:16 AM, Shirlaine said:

I finally finished 1986 and am on my good way in 1987. Some thoughts of 1986:

Good:
- Jed Allan as CC
- Kirk storyline after when Eden starts to realize he's not a good guy, things leading to Eden & Cruz getting back together
- Mary & Mason together
- The beginning of the baby contract storyline

Bad:
- Tori Lane storyline, she raping Cruz and keeping the baby
- Everything with Mark McCormick and Mary's death, although I prefer Mason with Julia
- Kelly/Nick/Dylan triangle and the mental institution storyline
- Lionel & Caroline
- Jane as Roxanne (and basically Jane in general, as she whines all the time)
- Amy's death
- Ted & Hayley
- Lily Light
- Keith's obsession over Cruz

Mildly interesting:
- Katie Timmons' death
- Pearl searching for his brother Brian and finally finding him
- David Laurent case
- Alice and Gus Jackson

1987 is beginning in a promising way. Cruz and Eden finally got back together (again) and Tori is much more tolerable than before. I actually like her with Mason; too bad they didn't pair her with someone else and write her be this nice. Jake Morton gets on my nerves and I can't understand Hayley spending time with him. Kelly and Jeffrey on the run is fun to watch, I like their arguing . Nice to see Robin Wright in the show after a long pause.

Oh, cool! How far have you got so far and what is your pace of episodes per week? I wonder if I could catch up with you if I started watching from the beginning this weekend. I was supposed to go geocaching with my friend today but she canceled our trip, so I have time to do things such as sit by the TV and knit. :D

I'm on episode 56, so I could effortlessly start over whenever you want. 

I like Eden. Kelly is usually good. It isn't her fault they killed Joe. I despised the Jeffrey divorce. It felt like everything on the show got blown apart in 88. I never fully went back after that year. Everything about the show that I loved was gone in 88. The Lockridges- gone, CC and Sophia split and she was a cheater, Mason was Sonny, Kelly and Jeffrey donesville, I tried the later years and it is like a completely different show. Too many of the characters had the same names but different personalities. 

1 hour ago, Bali said:

I'm on episode 56, so I could effortlessly start over whenever you want. 

I like Eden. Kelly is usually good. It isn't her fault they killed Joe. I despised the Jeffrey divorce. It felt like everything on the show got blown apart in 88. I never fully went back after that year. Everything about the show that I loved was gone in 88. The Lockridges- gone, CC and Sophia split and she was a cheater, Mason was Sonny, Kelly and Jeffrey donesville, I tried the later years and it is like a completely different show. Too many of the characters had the same names but different personalities. 

I will start from the beginning today. I'll try to get episodes 1-5 done this week.

I fear to watch the later years when I get there some day. I hate that Lane Davies' last months ( well, not all but the later part of his being) on the show were as Sonny. I hated that storyline and just wanted him to be Mason - in good and bad.

SB has so many great quips and jokes that I don't think any other show I've seen has had such. Well, maybe Veronica Mars did. Often when I watch SB and hear these quips, I have thought of writing them down and maybe mention them here. But they go by so fast and I don't usually have pen and paper ready. When I start from the beginning, I will try to catch some funny lines while I progress.

I'm actually enjoying 1990 okay, although I still can't get over how much they changed Kelly. But if you pretend she is just a different person, it's easier to tolerate. 

Gina, her mother, and brother are ok. Not a replacement for Keith but mildly entertaining. I'm kind of into the story with Laura trying to set her up/burning the house down.

I'm enjoying Augusta more this second time round than I did initially. The story with Mason and Julia trying to get rid of Sasha is entertaining, although again you have to almost imagine Julia as a different person bc early Julia was a champion of the system and would've called the cops.

Cruz and Eden with the adoption stuff was a weak link for me and I bypassed a lot of it. But the drug storyline coming up is more interesting to me.

So, episode 1! I have to say it felt really strange to jump into that spot of timeline and then back to 1987. So much has happened in between. Some observations:

- The Capwell mansion looks different than later on. More of the interior is shown, even the ceiling. The space where Kelly and Peter's engagement party was held seemed huge. 

- I kept comparing the first CC with Jed Allan all the time. The first one seems so cold and strict, but then at one point, he talked to Mason in a very polite manner.

- The show really started with a bang (literally). A murder, the release of the assumed murderer, who claims to be innocent. Santana with a gun at the bus station. I wonder how the other known soap operas began; is this regular or was it something different, compared to the others?

- Augusta had a TV in the bathroom / some kind of a spa room. All I kept thinking about was that it's not very safe (let alone realistic) to have it there..

-Joe's release from the prison was a surprise to everyone, even to his family, who heard of it from TV. Didn't they inform even the prisoner himself of that there is a chance of parole? And when the decision is made, things progress with the speed of light and he's on the next bus to Santa Barbara.

- Laken (and Ted with her) bicycling was so funny, like from a commercial or something.  I guess it was meant to be romantic. 

- All the actors and actresses were so young! 

- Santana has a horrible light pink dress, which I don't have words to describe for. Must be difficult to dance with someone, as the collar keeps getting in the way.

All in all, a nice first episode, although I remembered that much more happened in it than actually did. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, cleo said:

'm enjoying Augusta more this second time round than I did initially. The story with Mason and Julia trying to get rid of Sasha is entertaining, although again you have to almost imagine Julia as a different person bc early Julia was a champion of the system and would've called the cops.

Well, look at that from the outside. Sasha's corpse was in Julia's house, Julia's husband was having an affair with her, and the acrimony was obvious.

The cops surely would have looked hard at Julia.

And considering what 1991 brought for Julia, I can see why her faith in the system took a sharp dive.

Yeah this was before the rape though. I mean I guess mileage varies, I just don't find her or Kelly written the same in the later years. 

It also just seems tonally different at times, so some of it may be that.

9 hours ago, cleo said:

Yeah this was before the rape though. I mean I guess mileage varies, I just don't find her or Kelly written the same in the later years. 

It also just seems tonally different at times, so some of it may be that.

They w weren't the same at all. It was like they were different characters. They changed several personalities around this time.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Shirlaine said:

So, episode 1! I have to say it felt really strange to jump into that spot of timeline and then back to 1987. So much has happened in between. Some observations:

- The Capwell mansion looks different than later on. More of the interior is shown, even the ceiling. The space where Kelly and Peter's engagement party was held seemed huge. 

- I kept comparing the first CC with Jed Allan all the time. The first one seems so cold and strict, but then at one point, he talked to Mason in a very polite manner.

- The show really started with a bang (literally). A murder, the release of the assumed murderer, who claims to be innocent. Santana with a gun at the bus station. I wonder how the other known soap operas began; is this regular or was it something different, compared to the others?

- Augusta had a TV in the bathroom / some kind of a spa room. All I kept thinking about was that it's not very safe (let alone realistic) to have it there..

-Joe's release from the prison was a surprise to everyone, even to his family, who heard of it from TV. Didn't they inform even the prisoner himself of that there is a chance of parole? And when the decision is made, things progress with the speed of light and he's on the next bus to Santa Barbara.

- Laken (and Ted with her) bicycling was so funny, like from a commercial or something.  I guess it was meant to be romantic. 

- All the actors and actresses were so young! 

- Santana has a horrible light pink dress, which I don't have words to describe for. Must be difficult to dance with someone, as the collar keeps getting in the way.

All in all, a nice first episode, although I remembered that much more happened in it than actually did. 

Santana's dress looks like she is wearing a hollyhock. 

I didn't notice that about the mansion, but you're right. It does look a bit different. 

Joe's release is strange. I've never been released from prison, but it seems that it would be different than that. Did his mom never go see him? I really can't stand his dad. 

Loved Augusta removing the red talons. The introduction of Minx was great. What a car! 

I always really like Danny and hate what eventually happened to him. The show shouldn't have stopped that friendship. 

Hard to believe two of these actors eventually became Days Powerhouses.

I had to google what hollyhock means. You're right Bali, the collar looks like that. And also reminds me of a collar people use on their dogs or cats after a surgery. Not necessarily the association the designer was looking for.

I also liked the way Minx was introduced in the first episode. She is a funny character.

Episode 2:

- I didn't remember Ted and Laken were in such an early stage of their relationship. Laken tells Minx she has only dated Ted a couple of times - which could be a lie, of course.

- At the beginning of the show, it feels like less happens in an episode than later on. In episode 2, Joe and his parents have a heated discussion, Santana and Rosa have an emotional discussion, Joe's father goes to see CC and they discuss, Minx and Laken (plus later on Augusta) have a discussion and Kelly is uneasy with Peter on the yacht. Everyone is just talking and nothing much else happens. Well, Kelly and Peter went for a swim, so there was a bit of action.

- I dislike Peter, although he isn't even crazy yet. There's something dislikable in him. His and Kelly's relationship can't be very strong as she starts fantasizing about Joe as soon as he is released from the prison (I know, she just remembers old things, but still. She immediately starts to reject Peter).

- The whole discussion between Joe and his parents is strange. Marisa tells John to leave their home just like that (which is ok for me, as I don't like John) after he speaks badly of Joe. John complains about the legal bills they had to pay. How is that Joe's fault? Was he supposed to just give up and not defend himself?

In today's 1987 episode, Kelly took flowers on Joe's grave. A strange feeling to first see him alive and well and then see Kelly at his grave.

18 hours ago, Shirlaine said:

I had to google what hollyhock means. You're right Bali, the collar looks like that. And also reminds me of a collar people use on their dogs or cats after a surgery. Not necessarily the association the designer was looking for.

I also liked the way Minx was introduced in the first episode. She is a funny character.

Dog collar is a good description for that outfit. Lol!

Episode 2- I love Minx. I enjoyed the quip that the termites are getting bigger as Ted climbed out of Laken's window. Augusta looked amazing in that outfit. Not everyone could carry that off. 

I understand where they were trying to go with John Perkins. Working class guy whose dreams went up when his son was accused of murder. Joe could have stuck with a public defender. He was entitled to one. Presumably the family made a choice to give things up to hire a paid attorney. But this actor isn't carrying off the "grumpy sweetheart" role like Sean Brady (Dad Brady on Days) or Vince McKinnon from AW. He just gets the grump part down and seems like an abusive bully. It feels like Marissa was on her last straw with his mental abuse. 

The acting for a lot of the characters is still very stiff. This CC is gruff, but better than the next one. Honestly, I think Ted is loveable already. Rosa is good, Kelly is good, Minx and Augusta are great. Mason is almost there. 

Breeze is beautiful and I love her and want to squishy face her. (If you don't know, that is rubbing cheeks and kissing the nose- usually accompanied by wuv you noises, "who's a good doggie" and air kisses)

• Like 1

That was well said about Mason, Bali, he is almost there. But to me, he feels more sinister than later on. And I feel the same about the stiffness of the actors. Maybe it's because the show was new and there wasn't a strong background with the characters. They actors hadn't developed the personality / their version of the characters yet. I like Kelly, though, as she doesn't seem so "uncertain" as the others.

Episode 3:

- Does Joe only have that one outfit (blue shirt and jeans)? If I were him, I wouldn't go to the Capwell house or to the harbour to wait for Kelly's boat.. like asking for trouble. Marisa had a point in that Kelly betrayed him.

- Jade looks like a Barbie doll with her pink bikini and the pink plastic bag. Otherwise, she feels a bit empty-headed and superficial. I don't like her much, Laken is a more interesting character. Then again, it is painful to watch when the actress tries to act like Laken is nervous around Ted. Much better when she just talks and acts normally.

- I like the first Warren way more than the second one (who is in 1987 episodes I'm watching at the moment). He's more natural and doesn't look surprised or uncomfortable all the time.

- There are some special things in these first episodes, that are rarely there later on: Kelly and Peter using the rubber boat and later swimming by the yacht; the dolphins (through binoculars), hang gliding, outside scenes in general.

- There are a lot silent background parts in the show and the music starts often only at the end of a scene. Feels strange as it's so quiet most of the time.

- John Perkins is horrible, pressuring Marisa about the money issues and just harassing her. Hard to imagine that their relationship was good even before Joe arrived.

- It's disgusting how Mason keeps touching Santana and she obviously doesn't like it. I like Mason's good and bad sides, but Mason at the beginning of the show doesn't feel quite right.

- This goes with the whole show, not just the first episodes: I didn't think of it before but everyone is almost always dressed in an evening gown or a suit. Or other kind of fancy clothes. Women go from morning till evening in glittering party dresses and it's normal to everyone. Maybe 80's just was so glamorous. I wouldn't know, I wore kids' clothes back then.

22 hours ago, cleo said:

Mason also blackmailed Gina into sleeping with him IIRC. He definitely had capacity to be sleazy at times.

Wasn't she faking a pregnancy at that point? Literal question because I don't remember. If so, he was just being helpful. 

I can't remember the details but it was definitely blackmail. He basically said if she didn't he would tell CC she wasn't pregnant. And then of course, like most soaps, it turned into she liked it. But initially that was what happened.

I remember bc it was so gross lol. I think I might have even commented somewhere here on it.

Oh also @Bali I'm just getting to it now, but I would've been fully on board with Kelly and Craig.

I thought Gina wanted to get pregnant to keep CC and used Mason for that. I didn't remember there was blackmail involved, but it sounds like SB, so there probably was.

Episode 4:

- Mason stalking Santana in her apartment was creepy. "Santana, you didn't think I'd rape you?" (And then touching her.) Something you don't often here on soaps these days..

- The overuse of 'If Ever You're In My Arms Again' makes even my husband laugh. 

- Santana: "If he [Brandon] is happy, there's no way I would interfere with that". Fast forward to 1986 and the case still isn't closed.

- Considering the home made bomb's appearance and size, and the distance from Marisa, she has to be indestructible.

- Dominic. Who did Sophia think killed Channing? She didn't remember it all back then, did she?

Episode 5:

- Now Marisa is using Joe's blue shirt?

- Joe keeps going to places / to stalk Kelly and suddenly he's in a completely different place. What a fast man!

- We see yet another part of the Capwell mansion's big center space when Mason makes a phone call. There must be over 10 phones in the mansion and sometimes it feels like they change locations between episodes.

- I like the Joe/Dominic storyline, not much else really interesting there yet. The teens and planning to go to Hollywood is boring.

It's episode 201, he says that if she gets pregnant by anyone else he will basically hint to CC that it's not his child, so that CC would do a blood test to check. So if she wants to get pregnant, he is basically blackmailing her so that it will be have to be with Mason. 

I dunno, to me those scenes play really sleazy and gross, and even the first scene where they sleep together the first time, it's played that way- that she is not really consenting, she is doing it bc Mason says he will tell CC if she gets pregnant from anyone else. 

So I guess I consider that blackmail. Then like I said, SB goes the route of most soaps - it's not played as very serious, and the woman inevitably ends up liking it. But it did not start like that. 

And I do think they dropped the sleazier aspects of Mason after that.

Although there was also a scene when Eden was with Kirk and Mason was teasing her about hearing them have sex. Which wtf. I have 2 brothers and if they thought there was the remote chance of that happening they would be running for the hills as fast as they could. And if they did hear that accidentally they would drop dead before commenting about it. 

But that one I blame more on the writers. But it's really weird scene bc it's like did you sit there and listen to your sister having sex? So weird. At least that would be weird in my family lol. 

Edited by cleo
  • Like 1

Okay. Yes,  you're right it was blackmail. But, he couldn't have blackmailed her if she hadn't lied to CC about being pregnant. My ick didn't come from that as much as bumping with your stepmother. 

And it also helps because she makes him pay for that over and over and over. Lol

• Like 1
On 3/16/2023 at 11:45 AM, Shirlaine said:

That was well said about Mason, Bali, he is almost there. But to me, he feels more sinister than later on. And I feel the same about the stiffness of the actors. Maybe it's because the show was new and there wasn't a strong background with the characters. They actors hadn't developed the personality / their version of the characters yet. I like Kelly, though, as she doesn't seem so "uncertain" as the others.

Episode 3:

- Does Joe only have that one outfit (blue shirt and jeans)? If I were him, I wouldn't go to the Capwell house or to the harbour to wait for Kelly's boat.. like asking for trouble. Marisa had a point in that Kelly betrayed him.

- Jade looks like a Barbie doll with her pink bikini and the pink plastic bag. Otherwise, she feels a bit empty-headed and superficial. I don't like her much, Laken is a more interesting character. Then again, it is painful to watch when the actress tries to act like Laken is nervous around Ted. Much better when she just talks and acts normally.

- I like the first Warren way more than the second one (who is in 1987 episodes I'm watching at the moment). He's more natural and doesn't look surprised or uncomfortable all the time.

- There are some special things in these first episodes, that are rarely there later on: Kelly and Peter using the rubber boat and later swimming by the yacht; the dolphins (through binoculars), hang gliding, outside scenes in general.

- There are a lot silent background parts in the show and the music starts often only at the end of a scene. Feels strange as it's so quiet most of the time.

- John Perkins is horrible, pressuring Marisa about the money issues and just harassing her. Hard to imagine that their relationship was good even before Joe arrived.

- It's disgusting how Mason keeps touching Santana and she obviously doesn't like it. I like Mason's good and bad sides, but Mason at the beginning of the show doesn't feel quite right.

- This goes with the whole show, not just the first episodes: I didn't think of it before but everyone is almost always dressed in an evening gown or a suit. Or other kind of fancy clothes. Women go from morning till evening in glittering party dresses and it's normal to everyone. Maybe 80's just was so glamorous. I wouldn't know, I wore kids' clothes back then.

Mason is downright creepy at this point. I'm glad he changed because I'm not as into him at the beginning. They may have invested a lot of money in this, but not Joes wardrobe. Surely he has a tshirt or something from his teen years that Marissa kept. 

This episode has my line: no girl is worth jumping off a cliff with a kite strapped to your back. Funny. Every. Single. Time.

Still hate John Perkins.

The 80's were glamorous. We had big hair and shoulder pads. However, we didn't wear sequins all day. And most of us lived in jeans with the legs folded special. 80's soaps on the other hand were overdressed. 

The scene with CC and Rosa was good. I'm not sure Rosa is buying the fertilizer you're selling there, faux CC. 

On 3/17/2023 at 3:27 PM, Shirlaine said:

I thought Gina wanted to get pregnant to keep CC and used Mason for that. I didn't remember there was blackmail involved, but it sounds like SB, so there probably was.

Episode 4:

- Mason stalking Santana in her apartment was creepy. "Santana, you didn't think I'd rape you?" (And then touching her.) Something you don't often here on soaps these days..

- Santana: "If he [Brandon] is happy, there's no way I would interfere with that". Fast forward to 1986 and the case still isn't closed.

- Considering the home made bomb's appearance and size, and the distance from Marisa, she has to be indestructible.

- Dominic. Who did Sophia think killed Channing? She didn't remember it all back then, did she?

Episode 5:

- Joe keeps going to places / to stalk Kelly and suddenly he's in a completely different place. What a fast man!

- We see yet another part of the Capwell mansion's big center space when Mason makes a phone call. There must be over 10 phones in the mansion and sometimes it feels like they change locations between episodes.

- I like the Joe/Dominic storyline, not much else really interesting there yet. The teens and planning to go to Hollywood is boring.

Sophia thought Lionel killed Channing. Marcello hypnotized her into thinking it. 

I still like the teens in Hollywood story. It brings back happy stupid teen memories for me. Most of the first week is less interesting for me though

10 hours ago, Bali said:

Mason is downright creepy at this point. I'm glad he changed because I'm not as into him at the beginning. They may have invested a lot of money in this, but not Joes wardrobe. Surely he has a tshirt or something from his teen years that Marissa kept. 

This episode has my line: no girl is worth jumping off a cliff with a kite strapped to your back. Funny. Every. Single. Time.

Still hate John Perkins.

The 80's were glamorous. We had big hair and shoulder pads. However, we didn't wear sequins all day. And most of us lived in jeans with the legs folded special. 80's soaps on the other hand were overdressed. 

The scene with CC and Rosa was good. I'm not sure Rosa is buying the fertilizer you're selling there, faux CC. 

More people dressed like Jade or Amy Perkins in real life in the 80s then like the Capwells/Lockridges...imho

Unpopular opinions:

Cruz/Eden were a good couple.. but were over-exposed to the point where if you didn't like them, you might as well not watch the soap.

OG Kelly was best with Joe... and I think perhaps the writers should have had Kelly's inability to find anyone suitable be due to Joe being the love of her life.  

Julia was diminished as a character once she was with Mason.

I've had a couple of days off from the early episodes but will continue to watch episodes  6-10 this week. The glamorous dresses of 80's remind me of the Mattel Barbie dolls from the same decade. I used to collect them some years ago but then sold almost all of them. The last ones to go were the ones with glittery and glamorous dresses. :D

When it comes to 1987 episodes, for a reason I can't comprehend, I really like Tori and Mason as a couple. There's no sense in this as I love Mason with Julia. At the moment, though, I dislike Julia for some reason. Mason and Tori are on the verge of getting married, Caroline told Alice she left her in the asylum when Gus went to prison and Eden & Cruz are as happy as ever. My top 2 dislikable storyline (first one naturally being Tori pursuing and raping Cruz) is slowly approaching: Eden in Utah. I watched a clip on YT (was looking for something specific) and yuck, there was Elena all over Cruz.

Something has changed in my attitude towards Gina, too. I often used to be on her side on the first round of watching but now I can't stand her (and Keith). The most ridiculous event of the recent times: Mason tells Gina he's going to marry Tori and Gina breaks into tears. She acts like someone died and tells Keith (and the Capwells) she thought she and Mason would end up together some day. Wtf? After all she did, she still thinks Mason would want to be with her? This was so overexaggerated that I just couldn't understand it.

Kelly and Jeffrey are so cute together, I love their chemistry. But like with the asylum storyline, it feels like the whole escaping and escaping and.. escaping gets boring. Get caught already and let's move on with the story!

Oh, one more thing. Is it just me or did the writers create better exits for the characters in earlier years? I remember reading somewhere that Peter killing women as the Carnation Killer was a handy way to write several unnecessary characters off. After David Laurent leaving town with Sheila Carlyle, we've had several silent exits. Courtney leaves the motel room after Pearl and Brian expose her killing Madeline and she's not heard of (or spoken of) anymore. Brian disappears in the middle of the process of him and Pearl getting closer and is rarely mentioned. Lily disappears and Gina mentions her from time to time like she was a distant relative. This really bothers me.

And poor Brandon, he is almost never around and even Gina rarely talks about her precious son. Do they keep him in a closet and take him out to play with occasionally? Even Santana isn't trying to see him anymore. Poor, forgotten boy.

Episode 4:

Episode 5:

Episode 4 is when we learn that Breeze likes her hamburgers raw with everything. Augusta likes them rare with no onion. 

Joe and Augusta are pretty creepy to me. But Louise brings out the best in the actors. 

The bomb at the Perkins is very large, but not too powerful or poor Marissa wouldn't have made it. 

I still find myself wondering how JA would say some of CC'S lines. But alas, it was not to be. 

Episode 5:

I got to see Breeze for a minute.

This isn't a standout episode. Things I like are Breeze. Danny convincing his grouchy dad to let him go. I enjoy the Adrades. I likes Santana spiking Mason's food with peppers and him trying to be all casual about it.

Hate Santana's necklace. 

No one dresses like Augusta to just sit around the house. But she wouldn't be Augusta if she didn't 

19 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

More people dressed like Jade or Amy Perkins in real life in the 80s then like the Capwells/Lockridges...imho

Unpopular opinions:

Cruz/Eden were a good couple.. but were over-exposed to the point where if you didn't like them, you might as well not watch the soap.

OG Kelly was best with Joe... and I think perhaps the writers should have had Kelly's inability to find anyone suitable be due to Joe being the love of her life.  

Julia was diminished as a character once she was with Mason.

My problem with Cruz and Eden was that they were the ONLY couple that was allowed to be happy for 3 days in a row. It is hard to create a super couple when the audience knows that there will ONLY be problems. Yes, the audience needs to root for a couple, and conflicts helps that. But this show took it overboard. There can be a happy couple or even two and it can still be fun. Other shows managed it. This one didn't. They had the talent. They had couples with chemistry out the yazoo. But there was no point because after a day of happy, someone would either die or leave town.

• Like 1

I was just thinking about that (Cruz and Eden not been allowed to be happy) today. It feels like their whole relationship consists of one difficulty after another. Why couldn't they be happy and live a normal life and have problems every now and then? But no.. first the fire in Orient Express / Capwell hotel, then the plug pulling, Kirk, Santana, Tori, Utah, Chip.. I'm sure there was something else. Then after the wedding the rape and the question of paternity, kidnapping of Adriana.. and apparently Robert Barr. It's not believable anymore (well yeah, it's a soap, but still). Makes it hard to watch as the whole relationship is just fighting the difficulties.

11 hours ago, Shirlaine said:

I was just thinking about that (Cruz and Eden not been allowed to be happy) today. It feels like their whole relationship consists of one difficulty after another. Why couldn't they be happy and live a normal life and have problems every now and then? But no.. first the fire in Orient Express / Capwell hotel, then the plug pulling, Kirk, Santana, Tori, Utah, Chip.. I'm sure there was something else. Then after the wedding the rape and the question of paternity, kidnapping of Adriana.. and apparently Robert Barr. It's not believable anymore (well yeah, it's a soap, but still). Makes it hard to watch as the whole relationship is just fighting the difficulties.

You're right. They weren't really, but they were closer than anyone else. By that point, they were the only ones with sexy scenes. It's a soapy dopey, passion is part of the deal. 

I didn't really have any comments about episode 5.

Ok, back to business!

Episode 6:

- Santana's necklace looks like a bear head. Who ever thought it was a good idea to hang a plate like that on a neck as an ornament?

- Kelly and Joe are on the yacht, inside, and her hair moves like in the wind. And their interaction (well, mostly Kelly's) is so stiff. And then Peter shoots Joe with the bow thing from close distance and all Joe gets is a small wound. Wow.

- I couldn't live in a house with a fountain and the constant sound of flowing water. What were they thinking?

- I also still keep imagining Jed Allan say and do the things the first CC does. I just can't see this one as CC. He's much too mean and scary for the character. Not like a family man who loves his children. I hate how he manipulates other people's lives.

Episode 7:

- When I see Kelly remembering her and Joe together / kissing, I always wonder if the actors were in a relationship already when these scenes were filmed.

- I like Joe and always hope to see much of him in episodes. I hate that Kelly is so rude to him all the time, though I understand why. I know Joe and Kelly will kiss in episode 18, so things must start to get better between them soon. It's funny that I don't remember this all, although I watched these episodes less than 10 years ago..

- I like the tune that plays whenever Santana is thinking of Brandon / finding her son.

- I also like that fact that the bruises the characters get don't disappear in a day. Makes it more realistic.

- I liked the discussion between Augusta and Warren. It feels like most of the actors are starting to get more relaxed and the characters are beginning to sound like themselves.

- I wonder if Peter's accident had anything to do with his problems later on.

Episode 8:

- John is really, really, really annoying. Did I emphasize the word REALLY enough? I can't stand him.

- CC is always comparing Mason with Channing, which makes it easy to understand Mason's bitterness.

- I like Joe and Jade together. It's nice that they include some small talk in the show and not just the finding Channing's killer or getting back to Kelly, having a hard time etc.

- The Capwell butler is funny. He always comes to the picture the same way. It's like watching a scene that was copied from the first episode over and over again.

About 1987, I rarely remember particular episodes or think about them as great ones (like I would with a tv show that consists of 22-episode seasons), but I loved the episode in which Tori and Mason had their fake wedding. Everyone going to see Kelly one by one, and when Keith finally realized what is going on, Jeffrey turning off the electricity and then escaping with Kelly both dressed like a couple to be wed. Too bad they had to include Caroline's whining in this episode..

So watching April 1990. Seems like I'm coming to another bad stretch. 

The story with Tawny and Ric? Is that any good? Weird they would do a sibling thing and then again with Cassie and Warren. Not sure how much of it to watch

Cruz and the shaman thing and the guy wanted Eden to join his dozen women or whatever. Not sure I can get through that.

The stuff with the orphans and Cassie- I am interested in her story, but I don't think that's for a while.

Man, Amado was smoking hot. Too bad they really tamped that down and stuck him in a boring relationship with Laken. I would've just come up with story after story where he had to run  around in a ripped tank top heh. Yes, shallow lol.

ETA I really like Craig. Shame they never gave him a decent story or love interest.

Edited by cleo
On 3/23/2023 at 11:50 AM, Shirlaine said:

Ok, back to business!

Episode 6:

- Santana's necklace looks like a bear head. Who ever thought it was a good idea to hang a plate like that on a neck as an ornament?

- Kelly and Joe are on the yacht, inside, and her hair moves like in the wind. And their interaction (well, mostly Kelly's) is so stiff. And then Peter shoots Joe with the bow thing from close distance and all Joe gets is a small wound. Wow.

- I couldn't live in a house with a fountain and the constant sound of flowing water. What were they thinking?

- I also still keep imagining Jed Allan say and do the things the first CC does. I just can't see this one as CC. He's much too mean and scary for the character. Not like a family man who loves his children. I hate how he manipulates other people's lives.

Episode 6-

Yep, Santana is still wearing that ugly necklace. I remember 1984, I do not remember seeing anyone wear something like that. Ugh. Just SAY NO. It can be applied to ugly necklaces too.

Kelly and Joe don't seem comfortable with each other yet. But the attraction is there. Peter's creepy.

Santana feeding Mason the peppers is always funny to me.

There were times when I wondered if there was a roof over the atrium. It would make more sense to my brain if it was more of a centralized courtyard. But it never rains in there, so it obviously has a roof. As for who would have a running fountain in their house? Me. I would 100% do that if my little ranch had room. It's a mansion, you probably can't hear it in other parts of the house. Little fishes could live in it. It would be awesome. 

I also imagine Jed saying the lines. The show was definitely robbed of him at the beginning. 

Man, I was never invested in the Brandon custody story.

Episode 7:

- When I see Kelly remembering her and Joe together / kissing, I always wonder if the actors were in a relationship already when these scenes were filmed.

- I like Joe and always hope to see much of him in episodes. I hate that Kelly is so rude to him all the time, though I understand why. I know Joe and Kelly will kiss in episode 18, so things must start to get better between them soon. It's funny that I don't remember this all, although I watched these episodes less than 10 years ago..

- I like the tune that plays whenever Santana is thinking of Brandon / finding her son.

- I also like that fact that the bruises the characters get don't disappear in a day. Makes it more realistic.

- I liked the discussion between Augusta and Warren. It feels like most of the actors are starting to get more relaxed and the characters are beginning to sound like themselves.

- I wonder if Peter's accident had anything to do with 

Episode 7-

Poor pidgeon. This is the first time that I realized Augusta warned Lakin about the bird's fate.

Danny and Ted are promised "All the fish pizza you can eat." I've never had a bite of fish pizza, and I'm pretty sure that'd all the fish pizza I'll ever want.

The nurse trying to tell Santana that she doesn't remember her because there have been a lot of babies in 6 years. Santana But you have to remember Mmmeeeeeee. Yes, Princess Santana, the world does revolve around you. 

Meanwile, Kelly calls off the elopement. Hmmm'. Peter's accident wasn’t done very well. But I'll let it slide. Marissa tore up Kelly's picture, but kept the pieces. Yeah- that won't come back to bite you, Ma. 

I'm confused about who represented Joe. If he had a public defender- as implied when Mason offers him one for the robbery charge, then his parents wouldn't have paid a dime for his trial. Although they might have paid for appeals. 

Shout out to guest stars Liz Sheridan (did you know she dated James Dean) and Janine Turner who became a much bigger star when Northern Exposure hit our small screens.

Episode 9:

- The talk between Mason and Kelly was nice. I liked how Mason was leaning on the wall and the whole setting in general.

- CC calling Dr. Ramirez an imbesil was funny.

- John Perkins after decades of marriage and three children: "love is such a big word".

- John is a bit more tolerable when he is talking with Jade and not just shouting all the time at Joe. Though he always looks like he has constipation.

- The Perkins house has suddenly been repaired to its normal self. Just an episode or two ago they were painting the walls and everything was still a mess.

- The gingerbread-shaped armchairs in Capwell mansion look nice but they must be uncomfortable to sit in.

Episode 10:

- Jade was sooooo annoying when he came to live with Ted and Danny. If I were either of the guys, I would have thrown her out. How selfish and superficial can a girl be?

- It really gets old that everyone wants Joe out of Santa Barbara.

- The Lockridge mansion is orange inside. In 1986-1987 episodes it has been blue.

- Augusta's gymnastic outfit.. 

- The town bully John Perkins strikes again and all he can do is shout.

- It was really annoying that the private investigator Santana contacted called CC immediately. It's stupid and unrealistic that CC controls everything and everyone in SB.

Episode 11:

- Ted and Danny clapping at Jade was hilarious

- Cruz is finally here! The tin foil suit was strange though. Like a spaceman. I was reading A Martinez's interview on the French site yesterday and understood that the writers meant to pair him with Santana but then decided to try Eden. A good choice. But it's interesting to watch the beginning with Cruz interacting with Santana.

- Joe sometimes resembles Jeffrey. I wonder if Ross Kettle was chosen partly because of that.

About 1987, Gina finally gave up the tape (but how will she end up living with Brandon as CC didn't obviously allow it at this point?) and Kelly was freed. Ted is furious about Hayley's rape and Mason & Tori are starting their life together. Eden and Cruz are still happy but wait for 30 episodes and that will change again.

Episode 8:

- John is really, really, really annoying. Did I emphasize the word REALLY enough? I can't stand him.

- CC is always comparing Mason with Channing, which makes it easy to understand Mason's bitterness.

- I like Joe and Jade together. It's nice that they include some small talk in the show and not just the finding Channing's killer or getting back to Kelly, having a hard time etc.

- The Capwell butler is funny. He always comes to the picture the same way. It's like watching a scene that was copied from the first episode over and over again.

I have to agree with you. John Perkins is awful. He's just hammer to the head bad. 

I know it hurt Mason to be called Channing. However, with Joe's release, it is halfway understandable that CC has Channing on his mind. The slip of the tongue is bad, but the diatribe after being called on it was worse. Much worse. 

Jade and Joe had a few cute sister/brother scenes. I always liked bubble head Jade. 

I know you don't enjoy the teens in Hollywood story, but Ted's fantasy about Janine Turner was HILARIOUS! Loved it. 

Phillip the Butler is great! Too bad that in later years, the show lost that. 

Santana yes, you were only 18. But you WERE 18 and you could have told CC to stuff himself. You did not. You let that baby go. Now, LET HIM GO! It is unfortunate how much of my life will be wasted not caring about this storyline. Brandon was better off during the short time he lived with Mason and Julia than any of the time he wss with you or Gina!

19 hours ago, Shirlaine said:

Episode 9:

- The talk between Mason and Kelly was nice. I liked how Mason was leaning on the wall and the whole setting in general.

- CC calling Dr. Ramirez an imbesil was funny.

- John Perkins after decades of marriage and three children: "love is such a big word".

- John is a bit more tolerable when he is talking with Jade and not just shouting all the time at Joe. Though he always looks like he has constipation.

- The Perkins house has suddenly been repaired to its normal self. Just an episode or two ago they were painting the walls and everything was still a mess.

- The gingerbread-shaped armchairs in Capwell mansion look nice but they must be uncomfortable to sit in.

I've always loved scenes between Mason and his siblings. 

I hate John. He's a jerk. 

The curl in the middle of Augusta's forehead looks weird. 

Yes, I'm not sure when the Lockridge Estate changed colors. I keep noticing that too.

Filler episode. Not much happening. Except Brrraaaandon. Whine

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, Shirlaine said:

Episode 10:

- Jade was sooooo annoying when he came to live with Ted and Danny. If I were either of the guys, I would have thrown her out. How selfish and superficial can a girl be?

- It really gets old that everyone wants Joe out of Santa Barbara.

- The Lockridge mansion is orange inside. In 1986-1987 episodes it has been blue.

- Augusta's gymnastic outfit.. 

- The town bully John Perkins strikes again and all he can do is shout.

- It was really annoying that the private investigator Santana contacted called CC immediately. It's stupid and unrealistic that CC controls everything and everyone in SB.

I think the guys were lucky that Jade came. Pretty sure they would have starved if she didn't. If any of them had ever watched It Happened One Night, they could have put up a blanket wall so they could go to the bathroom if needed. And Danny. "She’s smiling in her sleep because I just walked into her dreams." Lol! 

Ugh John. 

Santana is pretty cold. Suddenly, after 5 years, that kid is more important than an oil rig fighter? Oh yeah, the world revolves around Santana. I forgot. Ava Lazar is stunningly beautiful, but she isn't doing a good acting job with some of the more dramatic scenes. She's better with subtlety. She's also better when playing off the stronger actors. 

Of course the detective was on CCs payroll. Woman, you're playing WAY out of your league.

Man I don't know who this Cruz Castillo will be, but they went to great lengths to announce his first day on the show. ;)

On 3/28/2023 at 3:41 PM, Shirlaine said:

Episode 11:

- Ted and Danny clapping at Jade was hilarious

- Cruz is finally here! The tin foil suit was strange though. Like a spaceman. I was reading A Martinez's interview on the French site yesterday and understood that the writers meant to pair him with Santana but then decided to try Eden. A good choice. But it's interesting to watch the beginning with Cruz interacting with Santana.

- Joe sometimes resembles Jeffrey. I wonder if Ross Kettle was chosen partly because of that.

EPISODE 11-

I find the teens amusing. Always have, always will. I did feel for Jade and her insecurities. They made sense to me. She's a lot of talk, but it's ALL talk.

I thought of the tin foil suit too! Too funny. Just stand there A, we're going to wrap you in aluminum foil. No big deal.

I read the same article about Cruz and Santana. A didn't really have chemistry with ANY of the actresses in the role. And Ava doesn't have chemistry with anyone except Lane. Not even friend chemistry like you see with Cruz and Joe. Or Cruz and Sophia who also had good friend chemistry. 

Basically another filler episode. But there was no John so yippee 

Yesterday was a travel day for me (went to get a bracelet that measures my sleep and activity, and as the university hospitals are far away from where we live, it took 1,5 hours to drive there one way. Luckily I have a wonderful mother-in-law, who took me there and made it possible for me to do a little geocaching, too. So, that made up a bit for not having time to watch SB.), but I watched episode 12 day before, so here goes:

Episode 12:

- Cruz's fainting was oh so dramatic!

- The glass bird statue in Peter's office was.. interesting. Peter himself joggling was a fun addition.

- Minx: "If Lionel were my husband, he wouldn't spend most of his tims travelling throughout the world". Augusta: "If Lionel was your husband, it would be disgusting". :D

- I didn't appreciate Augusta meddling with Joe's applying for work. I know she has her own interests, buy still.

- Santana's necklace reminds me of the large rings that some aborginals used to put on their neck to make it longer.

- Again CC confuses Mason with Channing. Grr.

- It was so awkward to watch Sally try to hit on Joe. The actress didn't feel very natural in her role.

- CC lecturing Mason about the Capwell family history was sooooo boring.

- John is back and whenever hr opens his mouth, something nasty comes out. Seriously, why didn't Marisa divorce him a long time ago?

- Kelly is starting to get frustrated with Peter, yay!

- Cruz has his ear pierced?!

-The slow motion embrace of Laken and Ted was funny!

In A's interview, he said that in later years the tv channel (or broadcast company or something) wanted the pace of the show to be much slower. I wonder how I will be able to watch those episodes, as I love the current pace and hate the one of B&B.  

After watching a handful of episodes together, I think this was a good idea to do. Makes it more interesting to watch and observe things and I always wait for what you have thought about the episodes, Bali. Let me know if the pace is too fast for you.

I like our pace. I  can't do 12 until next week. I think 5 a week is a good pace. Some days, I can watch multiple episodes, but others, it takes me 4 hours to get through one. 

• Like 1

That's fine for me, a good reason to have a little break on the early episodes. :) Sometimes I watch an early one and a 1987 one, but on other days only the latter. Also, if 1987 is at an interesting point, I skip 1984 to watch another 1987 one.

Today, I watched two episodes from 1987 as at the end of the first one, Kelly realized what PPC in Jeffrey's ring means. What a disappointment it was that the next episode didn't include any of Kelly & Jeffrey but all the boring storylines instead.

On 3/31/2023 at 6:38 AM, Shirlaine said:

Yesterday was a travel day for me (went to get a bracelet that measures my sleep and activity, and as the university hospitals are far away from where we live, it took 1,5 hours to drive there one way. Luckily I have a wonderful mother-in-law, who took me there and made it possible for me to do a little geocaching, too. So, that made up a bit for not having time to watch SB.), but I watched episode 12 day before, so here goes:

Episode 12:

- Cruz's fainting was oh so dramatic!

- The glass bird statue in Peter's office was.. interesting. Peter himself joggling was a fun addition.

- Minx: "If Lionel were my husband, he wouldn't spend most of his tims travelling throughout the world". Augusta: "If Lionel was your husband, it would be disgusting". :D

- I didn't appreciate Augusta meddling with Joe's applying for work. I know she has her own interests, buy still.

- Santana's necklace reminds me of the large rings that some aborginals used to put on their neck to make it longer.

- Again CC confuses Mason with Channing. Grr.

- It was so awkward to watch Sally try to hit on Joe. The actress didn't feel very natural in her role.

- CC lecturing Mason about the Capwell family history was sooooo boring.

- John is back and whenever hr opens his mouth, something nasty comes out. Seriously, why didn't Marisa divorce him a long time ago?

- Kelly is starting to get frustrated with Peter, yay!

- Cruz has his ear pierced?!

-The slow motion embrace of Laken and Ted was funny 

I love absolutely LOVE the teen day dreams. Ted surrounded by those girls was funny! 

You're right Augusta's quip "Would be disgusting". Also great stuff.

That statue is supposed to be a bird? 

Peter's juggling was a fun moment in that psychipath's life. 

I zoned out during the history lesson. Something about someone dying? Not sure. Jed where are you? Oh yeah, stuck in Salem. Looking forward to when Don mails his taxes and changes his identity to CC.

Thriller!!!

New week and the new episodes!

Episode 13:

- The "fighting" moves of Danny and Ted are hilarious! And they kept going on and on.

- You wrote about this earlier Bali and yes, suddenly Brandon is sooooo important to Santana. Did she forget about the poor boy for the first five years?

- Peaches Delight is a boring character. Also, I find it strange that she doesn't know what is in her own fridge. And that she lies to Augusta about Laken and that Augusta lets her teenage daughter stay with a complete stranger, who could do anything to her. But I know, things were safer back in those days. 

- Joe has a chance to talk with Kelly and what does he do? Starts blaming her family for everything that happened to him recently. "A Nice way" to get Kelly to listen.. Also, sometimes when Joe talks, Kelly looks confused or vulnerable. Then when Kelly talks, she is angry. It's like the discussion was cut from two separate scenes. If I'm angry, I look that way even when I listen the other person's arguments.

- Isn't it really dark in the restaurant where Rosa and Santana are? A little more light would be nice.

About 1987, CC and Sophia finally got married and Alex Nikolas came to town. Also, Elena has been mentioned. One strange thing that I noticed: In episode 670, where CC & Sophia's wedding begins, Brick is wearing sunglasses. In the next episode, where the wedding continues, he isn't. In one after that, he doesn't but his eyes look watery. Maybe Richard Eden was in an eye surgery?

On 4/3/2023 at 3:29 PM, Shirlaine said:

New week and the new episodes!

Episode 13:

- The "fighting" moves of Danny and Ted are hilarious! And they kept going on and on.

- You wrote about this earlier Bali and yes, suddenly Brandon is sooooo important to Santana. Did she forget about the poor boy for the first five years?

- Peaches Delight is a boring character. Also, I find it strange that she doesn't know what is in her own fridge. And that she lies to Augusta about Laken and that Augusta lets her teenage daughter stay with a complete stranger, who could do anything to her. But I know, things were safer back in those days. 

- Joe has a chance to talk with Kelly and what does he do? Starts blaming her family for everything that happened to him recently. "A Nice way" to get Kelly to listen.. Also, sometimes when Joe talks, Kelly looks confused or vulnerable. Then when Kelly talks, she is angry. It's like the discussion was cut from two separate scenes. If I'm angry, I look that way even when I listen the other person's arguments.

- Isn't it really dark in the restaurant where Rosa and Santana are? A little more light would be nice.

Episode 13-

Joe, yelling at Kelly is not the way to her heart. Peter is almost cute here. 

Ted and Danny and karate. Then they use their "moves" to help Peaches. Love Peaches, not going to turn on Virginia Mayo. My mom would have NEVER allowed this. But Augusta was fine since she wanted Joe to herself. Breeze- that dog was beautiful. 

Agreed, they should have lit the restaurant more. Santana and Danny's two sisters were mentioned. Wish we had met them at some point. 

I think Kelly's inconsistent anger levels are due to her inner confusion about Joe. But it could also be that she has only been a professional actress for 2.5 weeks. 

Mason is jealous because Peter noticed Santana. That woman just never noticed Mason for the man he is. Stupid woman

On 3/25/2023 at 10:06 PM, cleo said:

So watching April 1990. Seems like I'm coming to another bad stretch. 

The story with Tawny and Ric? Is that any good? Weird they would do a sibling thing and then again with Cassie and Warren. Not sure how much of it to watch

Cruz and the shaman thing and the guy wanted Eden to join his dozen women or whatever. Not sure I can get through that.

The stuff with the orphans and Cassie- I am interested in her story, but I don't think that's for a while.

Man, Amado was smoking hot. Too bad they really tamped that down and stuck him in a boring relationship with Laken. I would've just come up with story after story where he had to run  around in a ripped tank top heh. Yes, shallow lol.

ETA I really like Craig. Shame they never gave him a decent story or love interest.

I liked Tawny and Ric but the twist made it gross. Ric was another wasted character. By that point, too many cooks were messing with the pot. I really liked the possibilities that Ric brought to the table. 

I liked Craig too! By this point though, it seemed that the show was going for shock, not character. The show and audience suffered for it. 

Agree about Amado too.

Have you gotten to Cassie yet? 

• Like 1

Yeah I liked Ric a lot.

Haven't gotten to Cassie yet but I'm maybe 20 eps away? I've never seen when she started.

I'm going fairly fast, I'm skipping a lot. I just can't watch the stuff with Cruz on the island with Kirk, or much of the stuff with Mason and Julia being haunted by Sasha's sister. But it is mercifully coming to an end.

If I were the writers, I would be ashamed about completely ripping off a story from GH (Heather trying to kill whatsername) and then still doing such a poor job of it.

How much I watxh right now depends on whether the Jays are good or bad heh.

1 hour ago, cleo said:

Yeah I liked Ric a lot.

Haven't gotten to Cassie yet but I'm maybe 20 eps away? I've never seen when she started.

I'm going fairly fast, I'm skipping a lot. I just can't watch the stuff with Cruz on the island with Kirk, or much of the stuff with Mason and Julia being haunted by Sasha's sister. But it is mercifully coming to an end.

If I were the writers, I would be ashamed about completely ripping off a story from GH (Heather trying to kill whatsername) and then still doing such a poor job of it.

How much I watxh right now depends on whether the Jays are good or bad heh.

I get that. I just found a channel that has the whole The Pawn storyline from DOOL, and it is like chocolate compared to the end years of SB. All of the character arch cross each other. Characters are friends who actually see each other on camera. It is a bit slower, but you can see how it affects everyone. It's like SB was before 87.

• Like 1