Type keyword(s) to search

Santa Barbara - General Discussion

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I'll slink away now and take my unpopular opinions with me.

Not necessary, you know that, @Eolivet! LOL! But it's cool to get some different perspective.  :-)  You should check out SB '80s stuff on YT, too, if you haven't already. I think you'd really like it.

We'll always have Goren in the L&O: CI thread. Hee.

• Love 1

I just watched an episode on WeLoveSoaps. It was when Gina was trying to kill CC while he is some sort of coma at the Capwell mansion. I used to watch this show in and out. I didn't watch everyday because I think I watching Guiding Light or some other CBS show. I knew all the characters and the storylines so I was never too far out of the loop. Anyway, it was soooooooooooooo good seeing this and I wish some network would re-run this again. I even saw Kevin Collins with a beard from General Hospital. I had no idea he did SB, too.

On 1/13/2017 at 11:52 AM, ByaNose said:

I even saw Kevin Collins with a beard from General Hospital. I had no idea he did SB, too.

Yep, he played another bad guy here named Mark McCormack. And, as with soap tropes, he was dying, so Mary Duvall [Harley Kozak], who actually loved Mason Capwell but knew McCormack for a while [childhood friend? I forget, but they knew one another!], married him to make his last days happy. But, oops! He recovered, after all! And when Mary wanted a divorce and to go back to Mason, Mark raped her, filling Mason with rage. Mary was pregnant [and my memory is fuzzy as to whether it was Mark's or if she had also slept with Mason. For an ex-nun, what a scandal, if so!], which led to a whole slew of angst and Mary's eventual demise atop the Capwell Hotel when the "C" in the sign fell on her during a wind storm as she, Mason, Mark, and Julia [Mark's lawyer, who was secretly trying to throw the case and put Mark away, but no one else but Augusta knew] all got into it.

I thought Carrington Garland was the best Kelly. Robin Wright of course is a great actress, but CG's looks seemed more closely aligned to Eden's. Also I think I hated Kelly's stories the whole time RW played her, so that may affect my opinion. She just seemed self-centred. And always focussed on one man or another, though from what I recall it never ended well for them. I won't mention the travesty following CG, or I should say travesties plural. 

Last CC of course was the best. I liked the original and the last Mason and both Ginas. Original Mason had a warmth that the last Mason didn't, however and he is likely the best.

Santana- hard to separate the character from the actress. The first one was awful. 

4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yep, he played another bad guy here named Mark McCormack. And, as with soap tropes, he was dying, so Mary Duvall [Harley Kozak], who actually loved Mason Capwell but knew McCormack for a while [childhood friend? I forget, but they knew one another!], married him to make his last days happy. But, oops! He recovered, after all! And when Mary wanted a divorce and to go back to Mason, Mark raped her, filling Mason with rage. Mary was pregnant [and my memory is fuzzy as to whether it was Mark's or if she had also slept with Mason. For an ex-nun, what a scandal, if so!], which led to a whole slew of angst and Mary's eventual demise atop the Capwell Hotel when the "C" in the sign fell on her during a wind storm as she, Mason, Mark, and Julia [Mark's lawyer, who was secretly trying to throw the case and put Mark away, but no one else but Augusta knew] all got into it.

Thanks for the history lesson. Who knew? LOL!!!

• Love 1

It's frustrating watching clips of some of the vibrant characters who only appeared for brief stories, like Elena (Sherilyn Wolter is tremendous in that role), while quavering drips like Tori seemed to just drag on and on. As good as the overall writing of the show is for many years, I feel like it was really the strong performances of a determined few throughout the '80s that kept it going as long as it did. Sometimes I feel like I give Marcy Walker too much credit, because she sort of phoned it in for a lot of her last AMC run and I didn't love her GL work either, and I think maybe it's just because I have such strong childhood memories of her as Eden that I appreciate her work, but then I go back and some of her work is just so very, very good, and also very clear. One of the things I appreciate about SB acting, the good acting, is that it is clear and pure in a way a lot of soaps (and I love soaps don't get me wrong) aren't. Ryan's Hope is probably the other soap that most managed this. Marcy, and Lane Davies, and NLG, and Robin Wright (for someone who seems to have despised all her time at SB her work holds up so well), among others. Judith McConnell and Robin Mattson are a bit more "soapy" but I love their work too. Sophia is another I have way too much childhood attachment to. So is Gina. I don't know what that tells you about my childhood if I loved Gina...

I have to admit A Martinez is wildly uneven for me when I watch these back, although it goes without saying he and Marcy were magical together. 

Watching these back I'm reminded again of all the wasted potential with Carrington Garland (another childhood favorite) as well. It's a shame that the Dobsons seemed to see her as so anathema to Kelly, or whatever. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 3

Richard Hatch (Battlestar Galactica) passed away earlier this week. His main soap work was Phil Brent in the early years of All My Children, but he was on SB briefly. I asked one of the SB channels if they had anything of him and they put up a clip. It's a shame it didn't work out, as he looks gorgeous and has good chemistry with Judith McConnell.

(on a side note I never can accept Gina with longer hair...I just see Janet Green)

I had no idea Richard Hatch was on this! I was a BSG fan. I've never seen that clip, there are still things I missed on this show. yeah he looks great. He didn't look that different on the new BSG, so he aged well. I was sorry to hear of his death.

• Love 1

Yeah, Richard Hatch was the original Stephen Slade (who premiered as part of the dull "Four Orphans" storyline with Ethan Asher, Craig Hunt, and...Derek Someone or Other. All I recall of Derek is he played polo, flirted a bit with CG's Kelly, and had an accent.).

Hatch left and John O'Hurley took over as Stephen Slade.

• Love 1

Elena was definitely her mother's daughter. Meaning, as crazy as Pamela was. Mason may not have liked his father, C.C., much (sometimes with good reason!), but at least he seemed to gain C.C.'s mental acumen. (Let's just forget the Sonny Sprocket mess, mmmkay?)

Sherilyn Wolter and Lane Davies had similar coloring, too, so great casting with casting SW as the "long-lost" Capwell sibling.

• Love 2
On 2/14/2017 at 3:48 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Elena was definitely her mother's daughter. Meaning, as crazy as Pamela was. Mason may not have liked his father, C.C., much (sometimes with good reason!), but at least he seemed to gain C.C.'s mental acumen. (Let's just forget the Sonny Sprocket mess, mmmkay?)

Sherilyn Wolter and Lane Davies had similar coloring, too, so great casting with casting SW as the "long-lost" Capwell sibling.

I'm just sorry she never really got more with Mason and that most of the connection wasn't revealed until after her death. I preferred SAF of the two Pamelas but neither seemed to fully get what the character was (I guess the myriad writer changes did not help...). There was so much potential in that idea about this other family who were sort of the "dark side" of CC and Sophia's family. I wonder sometimes if one of the reasons the Dobsons later did all that stuff with Eden's dark side/DID was because they didn't get to play any material out with Pamela or that branch of the family. 

I wonder sometimes if one of the reasons the Dobsons later did all that stuff with Eden's dark side/DID was because they didn't get to play any material out with Pamela or that branch of the family. 

Yeah but...the resolution to all that was a rather crappy exit for Eden as a character, no?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Yeah but...the resolution to all that was a rather crappy exit for Eden as a character, no?

I think maybe the only good moment out of that mess was the meta moment when the late Stephen J. Cannell (creator of the series Marcy Walker left SB for) appeared as a chauffeur to whisk "Channing" away.

The rest is best left unsaid, although I will say that both A. Martinez and Gordon Thomson sold Cruz and Mason's grief well. I liked when Mason went off on the shrink Eden was seeing (the same one Julia had post rape) at The Oasis before he broke down completely with Julia.

And I did like Eden - even as she was fraying - actually defending Mason against C.C. Mason did a lot of crappy things, but so did C.C., and I liked that Eden sort of brought all that out before her "end".

• Love 2
On 2/17/2017 at 11:38 PM, AndySmith said:

I would say so, yes, although I think the lack of resolution later on makes it even worse.

Beyond my feeling that it was somewhat late in the day to revisit all those issues (although I guess at least the show didn't retcon sexual abuse in Eden's childhood, as many soaps have overused), I think it was done in a way that was extremely melodramatic and lacked focus. 

For me this clip really shows the difference with Dobsons 1.0 and Dobsons 2.0 - the initial scene with CC and Sophia is very tenderly written, acted, and even scored. Then when the second part kicks in, you get a mariachi band and 500 effects blaring on the soundtrack.

Well, anyway, here are 3 Youtube accounts with lots of SB videos. The first one focuses on Cruz and Eden, not just as a couple, but also their interactions with many other characters. The other 2 have non-SB videos, but worth checking out for the SB stuff that is there. The Cruz and Eden account is posting stuff on a daily basis, so worth checking out every once in a while, while the other two put new stuff every few weeks, it seems.

Hey, it beats no SB on Youtube, right?

https://www.youtube.com/user/CandyEden/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTp50ATRcef9hUfUIzDIXug/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBzvyPSoUu6SqeSoNjs1zPg/videos

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 2

Mason - Lane Davies was one of a kind, and while I imagine he was more than ready to go, his work at the end is still solid and has a new maturity that suited the character. Terry Lester just felt jarringly, tonally wrong - I think this was a case of someone feeling Jack Abbott was just like Mason and he essentially played the character the exact same way. Gordon Thomson was a decent recast, but what I'd also call "Lane Davies Lite" in that he offered lesser versions of what Davies managed. Still, Lane wasn't coming back and he finished out the character's last years fittingly.

Ted - I thought Todd McKee was fine, if very underused. He probably had more to do in one or two stories on B&B than he did in 5 years at SB. His main strength was his chemistry with the other Capwells. I liked Michael Brainerd on AMC and I wish he'd had more time at SB, although I had no real interest in a triangle with CC, to say the last. I think he played an older Ted who could still be goofy too.

Kelly - Carrington Garland was the first Kelly I saw, and I still think she brought many special qualities to the role. Both Carrington and Robin seemed to be defined by a ridiculous parade of love interests that the show never invested in - I guess at least you can say Robin got a lot of story out of hers. Carrington just seemed to have to be put from one to another with little for the character. Robin was a very intelligent actress and she grounded a number of plots that would have been weaker without her, even when she was gone for a large part of them (the infamous tape). She also worked well with the other Capwells. Carrington was a looser actress, more charisma than force, which must be one of the reasons why the Dobsons had no use for her as they seemed to have a very cold view of the Capwells. It's unfortunate that they let her go because I think she was a strong fit for what Kelly and SB had become and she had a lot of very special moments that wouldn't have been there on the page, especially with Robert Barr. Eileen Davidson is an extremely cold actress, which in theory could have fit Kelly, but it was just bad, very bad, like Terry Lester as Mason. The other one - McArthur - was perhaps the blandest actress ever on Santa Babrara, and saddled with a dead dog of a story with greasy mullet man TJ. She has my sympathy!

Gina - As with Carrington, Robin was the first Gina I saw. I wasn't sure what to expect with Linda, but I enjoyed her work. She was lighter in tone compared to Robin's first few years as Gina, but oddly darker than some of the clownish later material. She was similar to Robin in that they both played Gina as one raw nerve. I'm not sure  how she would have been with relationships like Hayley, or Lily, where Robin really shone, but I'm also not sure how Robin would have done with the wooden actor who played CC for Linda's tenure. And one of the biggest scenes for Gina, where she tore into CC as he had his stroke, was played by Linda, very well indeed. 

CC - Charles Bateman was physically right for CC and a decent physical match for most of his kids, but was plywood. Jed Allan could be quite the ham, but he brought a great deal of bombast to the Capwell clan that served as a suitable contrast to his calmer children and also meant some fantastic combat with Robin's Gina. And his chemistry with Judith McConnell was wonderful - from the tender moments to the fiery arguments. 

Keith - To be honest I think the character had worn out his welcome by the time Justin Deas left. I'm not sure what the need to recast was. John beck seemed very ill at ease. 

Santana - I've mostly seen Gina Gallego, who did a good job at playing a very anxious, annoying, self-destructive character and somehow making her sympathetic (when she was written out Tori took over this role...I don't think Kristen Meadows was quite as adept at it). Beyond that I've mostly just seen the first two Santanas, who were quite wooden.

Warren - John Allen Nelson was a great match for Nic Coster, very handsome and charismatic too. I'm not sure he was exactly right for SB, but that's more on the style of the show than on him. I've never cared for Jack Wagner (aside from Melrose Place), and this did not change that view. 

Minx - Janis Paige was a very bewitching actress, but she's about as far from Judith Anderson as you can get. They could have cast Eartha Kitt and it would have made more sense. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1

I realize I forgot Laken - to be honest I've barely ever watched any of Laken, even though one of my favorite soap actresses (Susan Marie Snyder) played her at one point. Just not that interested. 

Pamela - Shirley Anne Field was a low-key actress, clearly not what the Dobsons wanted (hard to believe this was what led to...so much chaos), but I preferred her to Marj Dusay, who on paper fit the part but was fiendishly overacting and also stuck in a story that was just plain poor. 

Joe - Don't really think this one needs an answer, surely...

6 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

Lane Davies just felt jarringly, tonally wrong - I think this was a case of someone feeling Jack Abbott was just like Mason and he essentially played the character the exact same way.

Assuming you meant Terry Lester here.  :-)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

Mason - Lane Davies was one of a kind, and while I imagine he was more than ready to go, his work at the end is still solid and has a new maturity that suited the character. Terry Lester just felt jarringly, tonally wrong - I think this was a case of someone feeling Jack Abbott was just like Mason and he essentially played the character the exact same way. Gordon Thomson was a decent recast, but what I'd also call "Lane Davies Lite" in that he offered lesser versions of what Davies managed. Still, Lane wasn't coming back and he finished out the character's last years fittingly.

This is completely shallow and should have no bearing, but it also always threw me that, with TL, Mason suddenly became blonde. He looked more like Sophia's son than Pamela's. Just felt wrong, somehow.

Lane Davies was the definitive Mason Capwell for me, as with many others, but I did come to really like GT in the role. Yes, maybe his take was more LD-lite, but I also think his version regained some much-needed gravitas/emotional depth and weight that he lost with TL. And while the chemistry between LD/NLG was unparalleled, I do think GT/NLG had a nice vibe of their own once GT settled in.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

This is completely shallow and should have no bearing, but it also always threw me that, with TL, Mason suddenly became blonde. He looked more like Sophia's son than Pamela's. Just felt wrong, somehow.

Lane Davies was the definitive Mason Capwell for me, as with many others, but I did come to really like GT in the role. Yes, maybe his take was more LD-lite, but I also think his version regained some much-needed gravitas/emotional depth and weight that he lost with TL. And while the chemistry between LD/NLG was unparalleled, I do think GT/NLG had a nice vibe of their own once GT settled in.

I think, for a bad comparison grasping at straws, LD and NLG were more like a big explosive tragicomic work, while GT and NLG were a bit more like Hart to Hart.

• Love 1

I always enjoyed the relationship between Mason and Eden. Whatever their differences, I liked that they had genuine affection and love for each other. And Lane and Marcy had great chemistry with each other.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 2

I always liked it when he'd call her "kid," as it was sweet, yet also had a tinge of sadness, as neither of them were ever really children. 

I always liked it when he'd call her "kid," as it was sweet, yet also had a tinge of sadness, as neither of them were ever really children. 

Or did he call her "kitten"? 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1

I saw a few clips of the Augusta and Dash storyline (mixed with, of all things, the very serious intervention for Eden), and I have no idea why this story was allowed to exist. Why are we supposed to sympathize so much with a rapist, and in the context of the wicked woman who wants to set him up (and of course would then fall for him)? Making it even worse is how smarmy and offputting Tim Gibbs is, as he was throughout his daytime career. I can't believe Louise Sorel was fired for this, although she doesn't seem to really fit into the show by this time anyway. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

I can't believe Louise Sorel was fired for this, although she doesn't seem to really fit into the show by this time anyway. 

I read Louise Sorel walked on her own. She allegedly HATED the Dash/Augusta deal and hated how Augusta would back him over her own sister. If so, I have even more respect for her.

• Love 2

Yeah Eden got a crappy exit.

Whether Louise left or was fired...good for her for opposing the Augusta/Dash pairing.

I realize we all have our preferences, but fore, I'd put my golden years of the show from 1985 to 1989.

• Love 2

There were stories in the show's middle yrs that I couldn't make it through. This was one of them. So I haven't seen all the eps, but omg some of the pictures look hysterical. 

One of the others I couldn't watch was something about Eden being kidnapped by a sultan or something.

I've been watching the early years and am at the part where Mason is blackmailing Gina to sleep with him. I know it turned into an affair, but the whole blackmail for sex made me really uncomfortable, it is coercion. I know soaps played loose with consent in other ways, but was blackmailing for sex common? Can't recall seeing it in other storylines. 

And not to defend that, but - as trite as it sounds - times were different then. Is blackmailing for sex gross? Yep. But look at that decade, bodice-ripping romances where no meant yes were all the rage. Then there was the piece de la resistance soap-wise with Laura marrying her rapist, Luke, on General Hospital that got close to 30 million viewers.

The mindset was a lot different which meant a lot of the stuff that was acceptable back then would be rightfully looked at with a much more critical eye now.

If anyone's checking this thread: I have questions!

I found the Mason(Lane)/Julia sl over the weekend, and it includes lots of MJ periphery stuff I hadn't seen before (never saw the show IRT, but had watched lots of MJ clips). 

On one hand, it's clearing some things up; on the other, it's confusing me more.

I knew that Mason married Victoria bc of the pregnancy (also knew the baby's father was really Cruz), but apparently it was a Capwell conspiracy to hide the truth from Eden, which means that Mason always knew.  But what was the "money" angle he obviously let slip in the hotel room w/Julia (when she confessed she'd fallen in love with him)?  

And why was Mason/Victoria the Marriage That Wouldn't End, when it was obvious V had other romantic interests too?  

And what was up CC's butt about Julia?  He was hideous to her on that New Year's morning-after ep, when he walked in on M/J after Mason declared his marriage was over.

And why did he drag his feet (pre-Sonny) about the wedding, when it was finally okay?

He's still wonderful, and Lane is terrific, but Mason is not coming off as well as I remembered.

On 10/22/2017 at 11:58 PM, voiceover said:

If anyone's checking this thread: I have questions!

I found the Mason(Lane)/Julia sl over the weekend, and it includes lots of MJ periphery stuff I hadn't seen before (never saw the show IRT, but had watched lots of MJ clips). 

On one hand, it's clearing some things up; on the other, it's confusing me more.

I knew that Mason married Victoria bc of the pregnancy (also knew the baby's father was really Cruz), but apparently it was a Capwell conspiracy to hide the truth from Eden, which means that Mason always knew.  But what was the "money" angle he obviously let slip in the hotel room w/Julia (when she confessed she'd fallen in love with him)?  

And why was Mason/Victoria the Marriage That Wouldn't End, when it was obvious V had other romantic interests too?  

And what was up CC's butt about Julia?  He was hideous to her on that New Year's morning-after ep, when he walked in on M/J after Mason declared his marriage was over.

And why did he drag his feet (pre-Sonny) about the wedding, when it was finally okay?

He's still wonderful, and Lane is terrific, but Mason is not coming off as well as I remembered.

Let's see if I can help you out here!

If I recall, the money angle regarding Chip was that Mason would get a bigger cut of C.C.'s will for marrying Tori and keeping Eden in the dark, etc. That or a bigger stake in the family business. It's been a while. But that's the gist. It was a carrot C.C. held out for Mason. And since Mason, for whatever reason, still wanted C.C.'s approval (and, yeah, had a dark streak), there you go.

Honestly, Tori's other interests just seemed like filler. Originally, Julia was to be the spoiler in Mason/Tori with the baby contract that she and Mason made before he met Tori. But the show saw Lane and Nancy's chemistry, the audience loved it, and thus the switch. After that pivot, while Tori lasted a while on the show, I don't think the writers knew exactly what to do with her beyond spoiler for Cruz/Eden and Mason/Julia, so it seemed like the show was throwing stuff at the wall to see if anything would stick.

As for Julia, C.C. probably knew that relationship was a real threat in derailing the truth about Chip or something. It's all I can figure. (The show acted like Eden was 10 instead of a grown woman.) Ironically, C.C. later became a big champion of the Mason/Julia relationship, especially after they divorced and Mason was reeling. (I recall a scene with Mason (Gordon Thomson's version, though), Julia, and C.C. after M/J's second marriage, and C.C. was definitely beaming. C.C. and Julia's relationship was almost as complex as C.C./Mason's father/son issues. There was one scene when C.C. visited Julia at her beach house and was imploring her to help Mason and Julia talked of "Capwell fits of sincerity". It was a great scene.) He was also firmly in Julia's corner after the horrid "he said, she said" rape storyline the show did with Julia, who was not the character to do that with, IMO, since Julia was always so forthright.

As for why Mason suddenly dragged his feet in marrying Julia? Well, my theory is, part due to his messy divorce from Tori, his own demons (which would really come to light with his alcoholism), and seeing the horrors of his own parents' failed marriage (although inevitable, since Pamela was a loon, even if C.C. was a bastard!). Mason - for all of his snark - was full of demons and insecurities. Which C.C. did help foster.

Hard to believe many of the writers (Pratt, Guza, Mulcahey, Val Jean) who were so great on this show helped wreck GH years later. (And both shared JFP as EP, too. Brian Frons, former ABC Daytime president, did a cameo as God during the Sonny Sprocket heavenly sequence.)

• Love 1

@WendyCR72: Makes tons of sense.  Thanks for clarifying!  

Part of the ish is the actress who's playing Victoria is such a whiny wet mop.  I made up a new name for her: "Ictoria".

Yeah, that whole "protect Eden" thing was wack.  I know little of the character, but saw the scene where she found out (Cruz needed for transplant), she seemed to take it in stride.

Co-sign the "ruin GH" stuff.  I was there in the early days of Sexis, and SB fans kept saying, Oh, so-and-so writer was great on SB!  And then -- pbbbbt.

• Love 1

So excited to find this thread! Right smack in the middle of the Utah/eden is dead storyline I can’t find anymore episodes in English. Am I searching the wrong key words? Can anyone help guide me or do I just skip through these with no hope? 

Not sure where you're looking, I found almost all of it but that was  afew yrs ago. 

This channel has all of it I think, all of the Eden and Cruz scenes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj0-rn-J2mfl91Apqhzkmzw 

This channel has complete episodes, but they're out of order. But you can search and use the title format to see if the episode number you're looking for. I think they continue to add. Some of that storyline are there. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh_QRtlajbfEqRFe1rhyLXA

On a side note, I found all of the Eden and Cain scenes beyond boring....  

Another channel with some E&C stuff, quite a bit. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCstLYVs-77TxxOjNmzbrcfg 

Another with complete episodes, but I can't remember if they have the Utah storyline. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLQi_alGjnxuLG1t100oJzQ

5 minutes ago, cleo said:

Not sure where you're looking, I found almost all of it but that was  afew yrs ago. 

This channel has all of it I think, all of the Eden and Cruz scenes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj0-rn-J2mfl91Apqhzkmzw 

This channel has complete episodes, but they're out of order. But you can search and use the title format to see if the episode number you're looking for. I think they continue to add. Some of that storyline are there. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh_QRtlajbfEqRFe1rhyLXA

On a side note, I found all of the Eden and Cain scenes beyond boring....  

Another channel with some E&C stuff, quite a bit. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCstLYVs-77TxxOjNmzbrcfg 

Another with complete episodes, but I can't remember if they have the Utah storyline. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLQi_alGjnxuLG1t100oJzQ

Thank you so much! I found eden and Cain beyond boring but if I remember right this is also when mason and victoria’s marriage falls apart. I don’t remember how Julia and mason finally get together and I was hoping not to miss it.

3 minutes ago, bagger said:

I don’t remember how Julia and mason finally get together and I was hoping not to miss it.

Oh yeah, that was much more interesting :) Your best bet then is the second link I posted. That user has been posting complete episodes, and are posting some eps from around that time, it's just erratic the order of posting. 

2 hours ago, cleo said:

Oh yeah, that was much more interesting :) Your best bet then is the second link I posted. That user has been posting complete episodes, and are posting some eps from around that time, it's just erratic the order of posting. 

I’ll definitely check those out ASAP. Watching the Utah episodes now. It’s great how it just concentrated on that storyline. I’ll go back and check the second link for the other storylines.

Did they just drop the storyline of Sophia being charged with Channing's murder?

I'm rewatching 1985 and the storylines go: she is charged and the DA wants to go forward with the case, Cruz and Eden break up, then Ted is charged with rape and that takes over for a while. Then Ted is cleared, but they never mention the charges against Sophia. It seems like a big thing to drop

Other thoughts- early on, I felt for Gina, CC did kind of treat her like crap and for sure once Sophia was back he was definitely more committed to her emotionally even if he never slept with her.

Edited by cleo
On 10/31/2017 at 8:38 PM, cleo said:

I’ve been watching, what a blast from the past. I lived for the Cruz and eden storyline when I first watched but now I find the mason and Julia storyline much more compelling. 

I just wish Julia didn’t taken so much abuse from Tory. Every time they’re on the screen together I need to take a break from watching.

On 12/29/2017 at 8:41 PM, cleo said:

Did they just drop the storyline of Sophia being charged with Channing's murder?

I'm rewatching 1985 and the storylines go: she is charged and the DA wants to go forward with the case, Cruz and Eden break up, then Ted is charged with rape and that takes over for a while. Then Ted is cleared, but they never mention the charges against Sophia. It seems like a big thing to drop

Other thoughts- early on, I felt for Gina, CC did kind of treat her like crap and for sure once Sophia was back he was definitely more committed to her emotionally even if he never slept with her.

No, they don’t drop her Channing murder case. Ugh right now I’m blocking what happened but it does get picked up again. 

I get the sympathy for Gina very early on but she spirals into a lifetime of victimhood never seeing all the chances she does get to be happy. In the later years she just becomes such a charicature if a villain that she even stops being fun.

22 hours ago, bagger said:

get the sympathy for Gina very early on but she spirals into a lifetime of victimhood never seeing all the chances she does get to be happy. In the later years she just becomes such a charicature if a villain that she even stops being fun.

For sure. My sympathy for her only lasts up until she stops CC from signing all the divorce papers and then hides them when he is sick. Which reminds me of the GH scene where Tracey won't let Edward take his heart medication. 

Julia and Mason are great, and yeah I found the long suffering Julia hard to watch at times. I think she felt guilty, so she just accepted Tory's treatment sometimes.

22 hours ago, bagger said:

I’m in search of any scenes having to do with sasha’s death.

I've never seen this- was it 1990? Do you know when approximately it aired? Eps from 1990, 1991 and 1992 are harder to find. I'm aware of some Eden and Cruz clips throughout, and some eps from late 1990 and early 1991 at some of the links above. Essentially eps during the Lisa storyline, the Capwell dinner.

Some of the people posting videos say they have more, but they are going through the earlier seasons first it seems.