Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E23: The Sheltering Sky / S02.E24: Atonement

Following a death, Carter and Max try to uncover the truth about the people closest to them; Carter needs to decide how she feels about Jared.

Double episode, and then our long national nightmare is over (for a while).

Sneak peek:

I had no idea that it was the season finale or a double episode, but after watching it, Jared is gone, Bird’s pregnancy is gone, Ben is gone, & Crash & David are back. So it's all reset back to the end of season 1?

• Love 2

I had no idea that it was the season finale or a double episode, but after watching it, Jared is gone, Bird’s pregnancy is gone, Ben is gone, & Crash & David are back. So it's all reset back to the end of season 1?

Complete waste of time and it didn't even feel like a finale or anything actually happening that mattered in the end.

"I don't care if you were blacked out, you would remember being choked."  Really Crash; is that how it works?  What kind of medical training is he receiving from the military???

And since when does custody of a child not revert back to the other competent parent?  I don't recall David signing away any rights.  Stupid show.

• Love 1

And Max, of all people, killed Jarod?  Anyone else on this stupid show would have made more sense than Max.  If they had sent Grant stole the car, drove over to the bar, and killed Jarod, that would make more sense than Max.

Taylor redeemed herself and proved to be the smartest person in this family with her let Lori take the fall plan!

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 3

Taylor redeemed herself and proved to be the smartest person in this family with her let Lori take the fall plan!

I don't know, I think if Max went along with that it would have led to their break up.  I was surprised though, I thought Taylor was going to get all angsty about how she didn't think Max was capable of killing someone.

I thought we were going to find out the lead drug dealer guy who escaped kidnapped Ben and killed Jared. I couldn't understand why no one was suspecting that he was involved in the death of the guy who was going to testify against him.

• Love 1

In Season 1, Max was nearly killed. In Season 2, he accidentally kills someone. Having just dealt with his abusive father, I'm surprised Max is still so composed - the poor guy can't catch a break!

Well, if he gets a jury like Lori's, he should be out in no time.

What is with the pretentious episode names? The Sheltering Sky and Atonement? This show can hardly  be compared to any sort of literature. As usual, I found most of it to be unbelievable (Carter smashing her head and being unconscious and then being told she doesn't have a concussion and is fine). Max is one of the few characters I like so I don't want to see him in jail, other then that I got nothing much.

I will forever not believe that Elizabeth and David would ever be in the same room with woman who kidnapped and drugged their daughter, much less act like they are all besties. And Carter is too selfish and self-centered to have all of these men dying to avenge her honor/protect her till the end of time. 

• Love 2

What is with the pretentious episode names?

They went from using popular song titles to popular books, I guess.

I will forever not believe that Elizabeth and David would ever be in the same room with woman who kidnapped and drugged their daughter, much less act like they are all besties. And Carter is too selfish and self-centered to have all of these men dying to avenge her honor/protect her till the end of time.

The show trying to twist itself trying to justify and whitewash Lori's actions is still baffling.

I don't know of any high school students who live this kind of life, other than the part where they look to each other for support when faced with any sort of trouble, rather than go to adults with more experience.  But then again, the young folks are usually acting and thinking with more maturity than the adults on this show.  The show started out dark, but it is now a huge black hole.

If Max had stayed and told what had gone down, seems to me, he would not be arrested, since Jarrod had knocked Carter unconscious.  Just like the soap opera this show is, he listens to Lori, takes off and then ends up in a heap of trouble.  

And what brain fart made Ben go off to meet with the kingpin in secret, with no backup plan. 

Just another stupidly written show that takes us all for idiots.

• Love 1

I thought we were going to find out the lead drug dealer guy who escaped kidnapped Ben and killed Jared. I couldn't understand why no one was suspecting that he was involved in the death of the guy who was going to testify against him.

Because that would make too much sense. 

• Love 2

A lot of things on this show have been pretty hard to believe. But Max killing Jarod isn't. When he saw Jarod hit Carter, I can see him losing it- he probably saw his Dad hitting his Mom all over again. As much as I really wanted Lori to take the fall, Max wouldn't have been able to live with what he'd done or that someone else is going to suffer for it. I just don't think Carter should've been the one to take Max to the police station. I had no idea this was a finale or double episode either. I was pleasantly surprised when it came on again.

In the first season, I really liked Carter & wasn't crazy about Taylor. This season, it's kind of been the opposite. For this season, instead of Finding Carter, they shoulda called the show Rescuing Carter. This whole season Carter did things that were selfish & stupid & tried to tell people that she knew what she was doing. Then she'd get in over her head and someone would have to rescue her. Her choices were the reason for all that went wrong this season. And then she's telling Taylor that they have to "do the right thing"? If I were Taylor, I'd punch Carter in her face. A lot.

I read that the ratings aren't so good this season (isn't that shocking?!). I do hope we get a third season though- I really want to see how things play out with Max & Taylor & Carter.

• Love 1

And since when does custody of a child not revert back to the other competent parent?  I don't recall David signing away any rights.  Stupid show.

I was so sure that David and Elizabeth's request for custody of Ben was leading to a paternity test and a "you are NOT the father" reveal.

I hate that it was Max that killed Jared, but really, if we're supposed to care about what happens next to the person who killed him then Max was pretty much the only option. Or maybe Grant, but I can't imagine a plausible scenario in which Grant would kill Jared. Everyone else, including Carter, is pretty expendable at this point. Oh well, at least there's no reason to believe Max will face serious consequences for this - Lori and Crash both got off scot-free with far flimsier defenses than Max can argue.

• Love 3

What I don't understand about this episode is that Taylor called Max from the hospital when Carter was there.  He was driving and he said he would come to the hospital, but Taylor told him not to.  So....Max *would* have come to the hospital "smelling like a distillery?" 

Come on, show!!!  I just don't know why I keep watching! lol