Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Dark Waters

FormerMod-a1
  • Start Topic

That was my fave scene of the episode tbh. Well, fave Olicity scene. They played it perfectly and their heart eyes give me feelings.

That's a pretty definitive choice! I don't think I could ever even narrow it down to fave Olicity scene for the entire episode, there were too many good ones! This scene did have my favorite hug though, I think I can say that definitively. Don't have the gif, but I loved the pause they had until they were alone and then how tightly they held each other before they had their talk. Like, even though they weren't too worried about what would happen (yet), the way they hugged each other still showed that they were definitely concerned for each other's well-being.   

• Love 3

That's a pretty definitive choice! I don't think I could ever even narrow it down to fave Olicity scene for the entire episode, there were too many good ones! This scene did have my favorite hug though, I think I can say that definitively. Don't have the gif, but I loved the pause they had until they were alone and then how tightly they held each other before they had their talk. Like, even though they weren't too worried about what would happen (yet), the way they hugged each other still showed that they were definitely concerned for each other's well-being.

I honestly loved all of their scenes but that moment in the cell when it's quiet and just the two of them is exactly what I like about them as a couple (and as a friendship, a dynamic) and when SA and EBR are at their best together. Plus it felt like a proposal in a way which is why the whole episode read like one big mutual proposal.

My other fave scene is when they're saying "I love you" through the glass. The intensity gets to me. Haha.

• Love 6

I think LL was using the kid as a human shield not protecting her...joking

I'm not. Seriously, it did look like she tried to squeeze herself between two kids. I know the scene is meant to show her as a hero protecting the kids, but maybe covering them with her body, instead of the other way around, is a better way to show that. Having kids protecting her front AND her back was a fail on the director's part and made me go "Oh, Laurel!" during what was a pretty intense scene.

• Love 9

I'm not. Seriously, it did look like she tried to squeeze herself between two kids. I know the scene is meant to show her as a hero protecting the kids, but maybe covering them with her body, instead of the other way around, is a better way to show that. Having kids protecting her front AND her back was a fail on the director's part and made me go "Oh, Laurel!" during what was a pretty intense scene.

I wonder if that falls on the director or stunt coordinator? Anyone know?

However, yes it's a total fail. No doubt they wanted KC/LL's face visible in the frame to get the reaction shot. However, the placement is logically backwards. LL is supposed to be protecting the girl from a flying drone that's shooting at them. LL should have been covering the girl's body with her own, instead we have LL huddled under the little girl.

Edited by Morrigan2575

In defense of KC, there is not much body for her to lay over the children. If she was actually protecting them as a body shield using her body that probably would have kept her out of the shot. Maybe they should have kept it to 1 kid and then she could have been protective and in the shot. But they wanted to make it bigger and then it backfired because it really does look like KC is hiding behind the children. But per usual when it comes to LL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 1

I was fine with the way they staged it, with the flying thing, it could've gotten any of them at just about any angle so her protecting multiple children in a rush was fine. She and Felicity couldn't even take the time to make sure lil Felicity stayed in her place instead of being in aw of being shot at.

I was fine with the way they staged it, with the flying thing, it could've gotten any of them at just about any angle so her protecting multiple children in a rush was fine. She and Felicity couldn't even take the time to make sure lil Felicity stayed in her place instead of being in aw of being shot at.

Felicity couldn't keep an eye on the kid because she was kind of busy taking down the drone that was shooting at everyone. Edited by lemotomato

So Felicity goes after the runaway kid instead of shutting down the drone? yeah, let's not rework the entire scene just so Laurel doesn't look bad. All the director or stunt coordinator or whoever else was involved in setting up that scene (I still think the blame falls on the director) was really to just move the kid behind Laurel. 

• Love 1

409 (Dark Waters) – Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal - to save my city. But my old approach wasn't enough. I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I had to become the Green Arrow."

409 (Dark Waters) – Oliver's Star City Bay clean-up effort is attacked by an armed drone:
Thea: "Ollie."
Oliver: "Hey. How we doing?"
Thea: "It's actually a pretty great turnout."
Alex: "Who knew people would rather pick up garbage than celebrate the holidays, huh?"
Oliver: "Not bad for a hippie, crunchy campaign proposal, huh?"
Alex: "Nobody likes an 'I told you so' - except apparently Star City. Your approval rating is up 10 points."
Oliver: "I have an approval rating."
Thea: "Yes. Yes, you do."
Alex: "Welcome to politics, Mr. Queen."
Male Reporter: "Mr. Queen."
Oliver: "Yes. (To Thea and Alex) Excuse me."
Male Reporter: "How do you feel about inspiring so many people to come out here today?"
Oliver: "Oh, I didn't inspire anyone. This is the city that I know. It's the city I remember, and it's the city that we can be again."
Male Reporter: "Nice. Thank you for your time."
Oliver: "Thank you."
Thea (to Alex): "Nice line. Think you'd given him that one?"
Alex: "I might have given a note or two."
Diggle (to Oliver): Well, you've got people picking up garbage when they should be picking up presents. I think you missed your calling."
Oliver: "How are you doing?"
Diggle: "I have my brother home with me for the holidays, Oliver. He's in a cage, but he's here."
Oliver: "We're gonna get Andy out from under Darhk's influence, John. That is a promise."
(Cut to Felicity and Laurel talking to some school children.)
Felicity: "If we can reduce just 40% of the toxicity that's produced by the bacterial micro-organisms that have just sprung up here -"
Young Girl with Glasses: "We can swim in just 12 more days if the restitution rates stays consistent."
Felicity: "Yes."
Laurel: "She's like a mini you. So cute."
Felicity: "That's awesome."
(Gunfire erupts.)
Oliver: "Everybody get down!"
(People on the beach scatter and run for cover.)
Felicity: "I think I can power the drones down remotely."
Laurel: "I think now would be a good time for that... Hurry!"
Oliver: "Everybody get down!"  (Runs to rescue the Young Girl With Glasses, who's staring at the drone. Felicity drives the drone into the bay water.)
Oliver (to child): "You all right?"

409 (Dark Waters) – Team Arrow regroups in the Arrow Bunker after the Star City Bay attack:
Female News Anchor on TV: "A day of hope for a better tomorrow has turned into another day of despair for Star City. A terrorist attack has left dozens in critical condition after people showed up to help Oliver Queen and his campaign staff clean up the Star City Bay. In the meantime, S.C.P.D. and national authorities are searching for the individuals responsible, but so far, there are no suspects."
Oliver: "Any news on the victims?"
Felicity: "Some are being released. Some are still in surgery. It's a miracle that no one died."
Oliver: "Despite Darhk's best efforts."
Thea: "Are we sure that this was HIVE? (Oliver looks at her) Yeah, that's what I thought."
Felicity: "Are you okay?"
Oliver: "There were kids there."
(Thea's cell phone beeps.)
Thea: "It's Alex. He's saying that every news network in the country is looking for a comment from you."
Oliver: "No comment."
Thea: "Ollie, we have to give them something."
Oliver: "What do you want me to say? I asked people to come and help, they almost died because of it. It's - when we have a plan to get Darhk, then I will talk to the press."
Laurel: "I know HIVE wants this city to die, but going after a volunteer event, it just seems a little overkill."
Oliver: "Two weeks ago Darhk told me to back off my plan to clean up the Bay. Today he went after civilians. This is important to him for some reason. We need to understand what it is."
Diggle: "Last time I tried to talk to my brother, it didn't go too well."
Oliver: "Try to talk to him again. A couple of weeks in a cage will change your perspective. Trust me."

409 (Dark Waters) – Donna finds Oliver's engagement ring in the holiday decorations box and shows it to Felicity:
Felicity (entering the loft): "Hey, mom."
Donna: "Thank God you're okay, baby."
Felicity: "Yeah, I'm okay. I'm fine." (They hug)
Donna: "Ohh, it's so awful. It's like who shoots up a bunch of people during the holidays?"
Felicity: "That's what makes it awful? Why does it look like Santa Claus threw up in here?"
Donna (laughing): "It's for Oliver's campaign holiday party. I wanted to make sure your Jewish heritage was represented."
Felicity: "Yeah, not so sure that's still gonna be happening."
Donna: "What? Humbug. No, no, no. That's ridiculous, sweetie. No, you can't let the terrorists win."
Felicity: "I'm gonna go take a shower. Okay."
(Donna screams.)
Felicity: "Mom! Mom! Are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay?"
Donna: "I - I... In the Christmas lights -"
Felicity: "Uh-huh."
Donna: "In a ring box."
Felicity: "Uh-huh."
Donna: "I found this." (Opens up ring box to show engagement ring)
Felicity: "Mmm."
Donna: "Three carats, Princess cut. No cloudiness at all. I knew Oliver loved you, but not this much."
Felicity: "He's gonna propose."
Donna (laughing): "Oh!"
Felicity: "He's gonna propose. Oh my gosh."
Donna: "Oh, honey, I don't know who's more excited, you or me."
Felicity: "Ahh."
Donna: "Honey." (Hugs her)

409 (Dark Waters) – Oliver outs Damien Darhk and HIVE to the media and the public:
(Oliver comes up to Diggle, Felicity, Thea and Laurel.)
Oliver: "Thanks for coming. I've been trying to figure out how to deal with them. Sort of think our best bet is telling the truth."
Diggle: "It's the only play we got, man."
Thea: "HIVE has us outnumbered. If we have any chance of stopping Darhk, we need to ask the city for help."
Oliver: "If we do this, it's going to paint a target on all of our backs."
Laurel: "We can take care of ourselves."
Thea: "Let's light them up."
(Oliver walks over to the news reporters.)
Oliver: "Thank you for coming, everyone. Thank you. As today's tragedy has reminded us, we are at war. For six months, we have been besieged by a nameless and a faceless organization that seems hell bent on destroying our city. You know them as the Ghosts. And while they may be anonymous, their leader is not. He has a face, he has a name, and I think that it is high time the people of Star City know the truth about who he is. His name is Damien Darhk. He controls the Ghosts on behalf of an organization known as HIVE. HIVE wants this city to die. Now, I will be distributing this, the only known photograph of Mr. Darhk, to every news outlet and social media feed in the country. For months, this man has made us afraid to walk the streets. I suggest that we return the favor. We will also be setting up a hotline. Now, individually, Mr. Darhk may be able to defeat us, but united, he doesn't stand a chance."
(Cut to Damien Darhk and HIVE members watching Oliver's speech on TV.)
Male HIVE Member: "Congratulations, Damien. You're famous."

409 (Dark Waters) – Felicity, Diggle and Thea encourage Oliver to go forward with his campaign holiday party:
Oliver: "Well, that should get his attention at the very least. (To Laurel) You good with the hotline?"
Laurel: "I'm on it." (Leaves) 
Oliver: "All right."
Diggle: "Happy hunting."
Oliver: "That is a whole lot of Hanukah."
Felicity: "Yeah, for your campaign holiday party. You better believe that my faith is going to be well represented."
Oliver: "Felicity, ahem, we just waved a red flag in front of a bull."
Felicity: "That doesn't mean the bull is gonna charge right away."
Thea: "And it doesn't mean we can put our entire lives on hold in the meantime."
Oliver: "But - help me out here, man."
Diggle: "No can do. Can't throw a grenade and then go to ground."
Thea: "John is right. As much as your speech was about outing Darhk, it was also about sending the message that you're not afraid anymore. And canceling your Christmas party -"
Felicity: "Holiday."
Thea: "Holiday... your holiday party is sending the opposite message."
Oliver: "Okay. Talk to Lance. See if he can get some extra security for this holiday party."
Thea: "Yes!" (She and Diggle leave)
Oliver (to Felicity): "Can I ask you a question?"
Felicity: "Now? Here? I mean... what's the question?"
Oliver: "Did we do the right thing?"
Felicity: "You mean with Darhk?"
Oliver: "Yeah. He's gonna retaliate somewhere, someplace."
Felicity: "When he does, we'll be ready."

409 (Dark Waters) – We meet Curtis’ husband; Felicity realizes that Oliver was going to propose three months ago; and Damien Darhk crashes Oliver's campaign holiday party:
Felicity: "You were not kidding about the extra security. Where did you find all these guys?"
Diggle: "A friend of mine is a SEAL. He knows someone who knew someone who knew someone."
Felicity: "Really big somebodies. These guys are like three of me."
Diggle: "Yeah. Where's Laurel?"
Oliver: "Probably fielding a million calls on the hotline."
Diggle: "She must love you right now."
Curtis (coming up with his husband Paul): "Is it just me or did you hire the U.S. Army as your caterers?"
Diggle: "Actually, they're Marines. I am John Diggle. I work security for Mr. Queen."
Curtis: "Curtis Holt, I work for Mr. Queen's girlfriend. This is my husband Paul."
Felicity: "Wow. A hottie. Nice work, Curtis. What, was - wait, was that weird?"
Paul: "A little."
Felicity: "Don't worry, you're handsome, duh, but you bat for the other team and I'm practically engaged. And by 'practically engaged,' I mean, not engaged at all. Right? I mean, anything can happen eventually. In like... years... in another galaxy."
Thea (coming up, to Oliver): "Excuse me, can I steal you for a second? The fire department chief's here."
Oliver (to Paul): "Very nice to meet you. Curtis." (Leaves)
Curtis: "Oliver."
Felicity: "How long have you two been married?"
Paul: "Five years, right about now."
Felicity: "Oh, a winter wedding. It must have been beautiful."
Curtis: "It was the summer, actually. We got married on a scuba diving boat near the Great Barrier Reef."
Felicity: "Whoa."
Paul: "I hid the ring in a seashell at the bottom of the reef."
Curtis: "And you are lucky I found it."
Paul: "Well, you never would have found it if I had put it in a dessert like straight people do. Have you seen him eat a piece of cake? He doesn't chew, he inhales."
Felicity: "Soufflé."
Curtis: "Felicity, are you okay?"
Felicity: "Yeah, just got to find my mom."
(Felicity walks away and sees Donna cuddling and laughing with Quentin.)
Felicity: "Mom?"
Quentin: "Oh."
Felicity: "Ahh. I am never gonna be able to un-see this."
Donna: "Sorry, honey. Um, sweetie, I would like you to meet my boyfriend, Quentin."
Quentin: "She's your mother?"
Felicity: "He's your boyfriend?"
Donna: "What?"
Quentin: "Did you say 'boyfriend'?"
Donna: "I'm sorry, do - do you guys know each other?"
Quentin: "I thought it was just like a date or something."
Felicity: "Can - can - can I talk to my mom? For a second."
Quentin: "Oh, yeah. Listen, um, Laurel doesn't know."
Felicity: "Yeah, I'm gonna hit myself over the head with something very heavy so that I don't know either."
Quentin: "All right. Yeah, okay." (Leaves)
Donna: "Bye. (Laughs) Ahh! Isn't Quentin amazing? Oh, my gosh!"
Felicity: "Oliver was gonna propose to me three months ago."
Donna: "What?"
Felicity: "Three months ago."
Donna: "How do you know?"
Felicity: "It's a long story, but he was gonna propose, and then we moved back here."
Donna: "So why didn't he just pop the question once you settled back in?"
(Felicity leaves and walks over to touch Oliver's shoulder.)
Oliver: "Yes?"
Felicity: "Never mind."
Oliver: "What? Excuse me. Hey! Hey! Hey. Hey. What's going on?"
Felicity: "I don't know."
Oliver: "Is it Darhk?"
Felicity: "Inasmuch as he's the reason that Laurel and Thea showed up on our doorstep three months ago right before you were going to propose. And before you say anything, you should know that my mom found the ring in the decorations box."
Oliver: "It's not what you think."
Felicity: "That depends on whether or not you think that I think that you were gonna propose and then that you changed your mind."
Oliver: "I didn't change my mind."
Felicity: "Well, something changed."
Oliver: "Everything changed. Where we live, what we do, who we are. We... I was gonna propose."
Felicity: "Oh."
Oliver: "But then we came back to Star City and I just needed some time to rethink things."
Felicity: "Because you thought I wasn't gonna say 'yes'?"
Oliver: "No, because what we're doing is dangerous. And I -"
Felicity: "But I chose this life and I chose you. And I don't understand why we can't have both."
Oliver: "Well -"
(Gunfire erupts and people start screaming. Darhk enters with some Ghosts and picks up a glass of wine.)
Darhk: "Mmm. Mmm. Malbec. Nice. How did you know that was my favorite red? So full bodied, so full of life. Unlike your security outside. Oh, and in my defense, they fired first. (Chuckles) I guess my invitation was lost in the mail. (Chuckles) I'm only kidding. It's not my kind of scene anyway. Hmm. I'm only here to have a word with the man of the hour."
Oliver: "What do you want?"
Darhk: "Well, something I can't have, apparently. Your loyalty. Your allegiance. I told you there would be a price to pay if you refused."
Oliver: "I made that decision. Not these people. Let them go."
Darhk: "Oh, I wish I could do that. I really do. But sometimes the best way to teach someone a lesson isn't to punish them, it's to punish the ones he cares about the most. Bye, bye. (Magically throws Oliver through the glass office door.) Take them."
(Ghosts grab Felicity, Diggle and Thea.)

409 (Dark Waters) – Oliver ruthlessly but unsuccessfully tries to locate Darhk; and Laurel tries to reassure him:
Donna: "Oliver. Oliver, they took her. They took my baby girl. Please."
Oliver: "It's okay. It's all right. It's okay. I'll get her back."
Alex: "They took Thea, too."
Oliver: "All right, she's gonna be okay. What happened?"
Quentin: "It was all over before it started. John and Thea, they didn't stand a chance. And I couldn't make a move because then Darhk would know that I was playing for your side. And I'm not sure that was the right call."
Oliver: "You made the right call. We need to track Darhk. You need to dig up everything that you can find, okay?"
Quentin: "Yeah, I'm on it." (Leaves)
Oliver: "Alex."
Alex: "Police are gonna want to ask you about what happened."
Oliver: "Take care of these people. Get them home if they need it. Get them medical attention if they need it. And pay for it out of the campaign fund."
Alex: "Of course. What about the police?"
Oliver: "Stall the police."
(Cut to Oliver punching out Ghosts.)
Oliver: "Tell me where to find Damien Darhk. Where is Damien Darhk?"
(Cut to Arrow Bunker.)
Laurel: "Oliver, we'll find them."
Oliver: "Not even the Ghosts know where they are. Did you learn anything from the hotline?"
Laurel: "Only how many crazy/bored people are in the city. Don't go there."
Oliver: "Where?"
Laurel: "Your go-to place. Where you sit there and you say that it's all your fault."
Oliver: "Well, it is my fault. I'm the one who outed Darhk."
Laurel: "I know. I seem to remember us all being there when you did.'
Oliver: "I ran for mayor because I can protect myself and I thought that all of you could, too."
Laurel: "And you were right. We can."
Oliver: "I know. But you didn't sign up for this."
Laurel: "Oliver, we can take care of ourselves. And that's including Felicity. You inspired a lot of people."
Oliver: "Well, Thea and John and Felicity, inspiration is not what they need tonight. (Laurel's cell phone rings) But somewhere, someplace, there is a Ghost that's gonna talk to me."
Laurel: "And what if there isn't?"
Oliver: "Then I'm going to take great pleasure in trying to make them."

409 (Dark Waters) – Oliver and Felicity are reunited, and Felicity tells Oliver that she would have accepted a marriage proposal from him:
Oliver: "These people, they're volunteers?"
Darhk: "True believers. Every last one."
(They approach Felicity, who's inside a wire cage prison cell.)
Felicity: "Oliver!"
Darhk: "Aw. Well, I'll give you guys some privacy to say your farewells."
(Oliver is put inside the cell, and he hugs Felicity.)
Oliver: "Are John and Thea all right?"
Felicity: "Yeah, I think so. Please don't tell me that you traded your life for ours, because that would be extremely old Oliver."
Oliver: "I had to turn myself in. It was the only way to know where you were being held."
Felicity: "One little problem. Two, if you think that Darhk is gonna keep up his end of the bargain. But what happens when the cavalry shows up and the Green Arrow's not present? Darhk is evil, not stupid."
Oliver: "I have that handled, Felicity. It had to be this way."
Felicity: "Why? Because you think that we're in this situation because of your decisions? Look, I really hate to be the one to break this to you, Oliver, but you are not the boss of me. And I am the one who decides whether I need anyone's protection. But at the Christmas party from hell, you said you were gonna propose and you didn't because you weren't sure our relationship could survive this kind of life."
Oliver: "It was a holiday party. And I had more to say, but we were attacked."
Felicity: “And here we are, fighting. Fighting our way through the danger, instead of running away from it. Isn’t that the whole point of marriage? To get through the hard times because we are together, not in spite of it?” 
Oliver: "Yeah."
Felicity: "Just so you know, if you would have asked me, I would have said 'yes.'"

409 (Dark Waters) – While Oliver watches helplessly, Darhk puts Felicity inside the gas chamber with Diggle and Thea; and they are rescued by Malcolm (disguised as the Green Arrow) and Laurel:
(Ghosts bring Oliver and Felicity into the room where they see Diggle and Thea being held inside the gas chamber.)
Darhk: "Ahh, thank you for coming."
Felicity: "Oh, my God."
Oliver: "What's going on? The deal is that I bring myself here and you let my friends go. (Ghosts force him to his knees) Hey! "
(Ghosts drag Felicity into the gas chamber.)
Felicity: "Aah! Let me go!"
Darhk: "I'm so sorry about this."
Oliver: "We had a deal!"
Darhk: "Well, I think, if you replay our conversation in your mind, our bargain was only at best implied. Even so, bad guy, remember?"
Oliver: "You let them go."
Darhk: "I will. Existentially speaking."
Oliver: "You do this, you lose any leverage that you have over me."
Darhk: "Wrong. As long as they're alive, you have something to fight for. That is what I am taking away from you. But don't worry, it's painless. (Gas starts venting into the gas chamber) Well, mostly."
(Oliver runs to gas chamber and hits glass door. He and Felicity stare at each other through the glass chamber door.)
(Oliver hits the gas chamber's glass walls.  Both he and the people inside the chamber - Diggle, Thea and Felicity - search the chamber walls.)
Diggle: "Look for seams. This place may not be 100% sealed."
(Oliver and Felicity stare at each other through the glass door.
Felicity (soundlessly): "I love you. I love you."
Darhk: "Oh, Oliver, don't worry, there are plenty of fish. If it's blondes you like, I can have one at your house in 20 minutes. One that I won't kill."
(Canary Cry sounds. Cut to Laurel and Malcolm dressed as Green Arrow. They attack the Ghosts, and Laurel uses the Canary Cry to crack the glass door of the gas chamber. She throws her baton to Oliver, who uses it to break the glass door. )
Oliver: "Hey, come on, let's go." (Grabs Felicity and pulls her out.)
(Oliver hugs Felicity, while Diggle and Thea exit the gas chamber.)
Oliver: "I thought I lost you."
Felicity: "I'm here. I'm here."
Thea: "Is that my father?"

409 (Dark Waters) – Team Arrow, with the help of Malcolm and Quentin, escape from Darhk and HIVE:
Laurel: "Where's Malcolm?"
(Cut to Malcolm fighting Darhk, who uses his magic to choke and then levitate Malcolm.)
Darhk: "I'm dying to see what's beneath that mask. Seems like you're dying a bit, too."
(Oliver tackles Darhk to the ground, saving Malcolm. Cut to Diggle, Felicity, Thea and Laurel.)
Felicity: "We shouldn't leave all these guys here."
Diggle: "If they're anything like Darhk's guy in the gas chamber, we probably should."
(Alarm sounds. Cell doors open and the prisoners exit into the corridor.)
Thea: "Okay, they're definitely like Darhk's guy in the gas chamber."
(Laurel uses her Canary Cry on the prisoners.)
Male Prisoner: "Is that the best you've got? There's four of you and a lot more of us."
Quentin (shooting gun): "Yeah, well, now there's five."
(Fight ensues.)
Quentin (to Laurel): "Guess you decided you didn't need anyone's protection. (Three police officers come running around the corner) Brought the cavalry. Hope you don't mind."
Diggle: "Let's go!" (He, Felicity, Thea and Laurel run off.)
(Cut back to Darhk fighting Oliver and punching him repeatedly on the ground.)
Darhk: "Good news. I'm gonna let you live long enough to watch me kill your little green buddy."
(Malcolm recovers and shoots arrow into Darhk.) 
Malcolm: "Get clear."
(Oliver runs off. Malcolm sets explosive arrow into ground by Darhk.)
Darhk: "Kanjigar septum... Vohostrum."
(Arrow explodes.)
Laurel: "Are you sure that Darhk didn't make it out of the explosion?"
Felicity: "Have you seen any horror movies? These guys don't stay dead. Especially if you can't find a body."
Thea: "Whoa. Glass half empty much?"
Diggle: "Good news is whatever Darhk had going on there, we lit it up pretty good."
Laurel: "Where is Merlyn?"
Oliver: "Said he had to attend to League business. Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I owe him one."
Laurel: "I helped out a little bit, too."
Oliver: "Yes, you did."
Thea: "Wait. Aren't we supposed to go to that thingy?"
Oliver: "What thingy?"
Felicity: "It's a surprise. You're not the only one that can keep a secret."

409 (Dark Waters) – Oliver proposes marriage to Felicity:
Thea: "This is all Alex's idea. He wanted to show the people that you're not backing down."
Alex: "All you got to do is, uh, flick a switch and give a speech."
Oliver: "That's it?"
Felicity: "We'll be here waiting for you when you're done."
Oliver (kissing her): "You're coming with me." (Drags her by the hand up onto the stage)
Felicity: "No. Whoa. Ohh."  (Crowd applauds)
Oliver: "Thank you. Thank you, everyone. This week, an event just like this was interrupted by terrorists. But all of us are here tonight to send those people a very simple message. We're not gonna let the darkness win. So all of us are here to light a candle together. United. (Crowd cheers and applauds) This right here's possible because of all of you, and I am grateful for each one of you. There is one person in particular that I am grateful for. (He turns to Felicity, who points at herself questioningly) You. Someone that has stood beside me when times were darkest. She is the one who lights my way. Felicity Smoak… (He turns to her, gets down on one knee, and holds up the ring) Would you make me the happiest man on the face of the earth? (Felicity nods, smiling) Yes?"  
Felicity: "Yes."
(Crowd cheers and applauds)
(Oliver and Felicity kiss. He puts the ring on her finger. They kiss and hug again, and then he takes her hand and leads her to a waiting limousine.)

409 (Dark Waters) – Oliver and Felicity’s limo is ambushed by armed gunmen:
(Cut to limo driving along the dark road at night, while "Little Drummer Boy" plays in the background. Cut to inside of limo.)
Felicity (looking at her engagement ring): "Wow, it looks even bigger in here. Oh. But to tell you the truth, I don't even care about the bling. All I care about is you."
(Limo is blocked in by two black vans and stops.)
Oliver (to limo driver): "What's going on?"
(Armed and masked gunmen get out of the black vans, and start shooting at the limo. Oliver pushes Felicity down to the floor of the limo and covers her.)
(While gunmen continue shooting at the limo, Oliver scrambles over into the front driver's seat, pushing the dead limo driver out of the way. He drives the limo away from the gunmen.)
(Oliver stops the limo.)
Oliver: "Felicity!"
(He opens the back door and pulls out a wounded, unconscious Felicity.  He cradles her on the ground.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Rewatched this episode. I completely missed that during the holiday party, when Darhk tells Oliver that sometimes to teach someone a lesson you have punish the one he cares about the most, the camera goes to Darhk/Quentin. He even finishes the sentence with a dramatic hand gesture seemingly  in Lance’s direction. A subtle moment very different then the other death anvils. 

• Love 1