Type keyword(s) to search

Hoda Kotb: What? An Open-Mouth Pose is Cute!

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Oh I don't know if she quit or got canned, but she was also a chronic giggler on the Today show, and that couldn't have helped. 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 4

Does Hoda have a little girl? She never mentions it. I'm asking for a friend. <sarcasm> It's her birthday and the cast of broadway show Pretty Woman sang Happy Birthday for her. It was actually pretty nice to hear great voices sing Happy Birthday. Then Hoda said that's she is 54 and has a little girl. Jeez! We get it. You adoped a baby 4 years ago. It's not all that remarkable is it? Even Kathie Lee praises her about it. I just find it odd and annoying. That said, Pretty Woman doesn't look like a bad show. I might check it out.

• Love 6

Especially on Thursdays during the ambush makeovers. Listen each time a makeover walks out, "woooow, woooow, woooow". She is so sophmoric. She is a very nice woman but her actions and lack of good grammar grate on my nerves and I am actually embarrassed for her. I know she can't help it if she looks like a donkey but just wish she would dial it back several notches.

• Love 5

Does Hoda still have her dog?  She never mentions him.  Today they’re trying to get puppies adopted and I keep thinking Hoda isn’t the right salesperson for it because she seems to have forgotten all about Blake after she adopted the kid she won’t shut up about,and, I suspect she doesn’t have the dog anymore.

• Love 5

What’s so friggen funny Hoda?? She’s constantly cackling about something.

You know when hailey becomes a teenager hoda will be one of those moms who wants to be their kid’s friend instead of a parent. Then they can compare their “insta” accounts and dance around to club music. I’m more than a decade younger than hoda and can’t stand her immaturity!

• Love 9
On 4/8/2019 at 3:19 PM, OpalNightstream said:

What’s so friggen funny Hoda?? She’s constantly cackling about something.

You know when hailey becomes a teenager hoda will be one of those moms who wants to be their kid’s friend instead of a parent. Then they can compare their “insta” accounts and dance around to club music. I’m more than a decade younger than hoda and can’t stand her immaturity!

OMG I know ! She acts like an idiot ! I said in another post that I wondered if they were telling her jokes in her ear and she is so good unprofessional that she can’t control herself at all!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Hoda adopted another baby. I'm probably going to get slammed, but, IMO, it's not fair to newborns  to have parents who are 50+.  Especially single parents.  Pack your bags Haley.  You're about to be sent to the farm to live with Blake.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Hoda adopted another baby. I'm probably going to get slammed, but, IMO, it's not fair to newborns  to have parents who are 50+.  Especially single parents.  

I'm not going to slam something that's true.

That said, being rich helps.  Even if there's plenty wrong with the approach to parenting, Hoda is going to be able to afford plenty of hired help.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Hoda adopted another baby. I'm probably going to get slammed, but, IMO, it's not fair to newborns  to have parents who are 50+.  Especially single parents.  Pack your bags Haley.  You're about to be sent to the farm to live with Blake.  

I think Hoda is in denial of her age in many ways. 

• Love 8

The next day Jenna & Carson about Hoda Sesame Street Anniversary. Jenna sorta joked but didn’t that if Hoda had time to go there she could work with Jenna. Ouch! The funny thing is that the next day on Friday Hoda was at the Summer Concert on the Plaza but the 3rd hour is pretaped and Jenna wasn’t there. Too funny!!!!  

• Love 2
On 4/17/2019 at 8:07 AM, OpalNightstream said:

I think Hoda is in denial of her age in many ways. 

Yes, in her mind she is a thirty something mom with 2 kids running after them in the park. It won't be as cute when she is 72 and the last one is graduating from high school.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Yes, in her mind she is a thirty something mom with 2 kids running after them in the park. It won't be as cute when she is 72 and the last one is graduating from high school.

And won't the boyfriend be about 82? There is an article out now with numerous pictures of Hoda and Joel and their wonderful six years of bliss. Gag. I still cannot comprehend being in my fifties or sixties and wanting to adopt two tiny children. Even a team of nannies would not make me in favor of adopting two tiny babies at that age. No thanks. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, MsJamieDornan said:

But we have to remember, Hoda's maturity level is at 15.

True. I still can't comprehend her partner wanting to be with her, muchless raise two children with her. He has adult children. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Pickles said:

True. I still can't comprehend her partner wanting to be with her, muchless raise two children with her. He has adult children. 

And she is such a young, hip chick, why get married !!! ugh

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

When is Hoda coming back (if she is)?  This seems to be the longest maternity/family leave ever.  I don't miss her, but I am just kind of surprised that she is taking so much time.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, debbie311 said:

When is Hoda coming back (if she is)?  This seems to be the longest maternity/family leave ever.  I don't miss her, but I am just kind of surprised that she is taking so much time.

I think it's been over 3 months. Isn't that the norm for the people in the morning tv/news? It seems like they always have 3 months or more. I just thin it's crazy that she's been away this long and Jenna is due within a month or so. Today with Hoda & Jenna hasn't gotten off to a good start.

• Love 1
On 5/30/2019 at 1:23 PM, Cementhead said:

Everybody else managed to pose nicely for the cameras and look normal & sane on the Red Carpet for the Sesame Street Workshop’s 17th annual benefit dinner yesterday.  Except yeah..

shutterstock_10255843bg-1559193602-640x445.jpg.dad1495baf5ce824cbfba05081358513.jpg

Oh lord.  The topic titular open mouth again.  So yuck. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/15/2019 at 7:27 AM, OpalNightstream said:

Anyone else get second hand embarrassment after watching Hoda think she’s a teenage girl when she tries to be hip with her music?

The funny thing with having a younger cohost (Jenna)- KLG used to give Hoda all kinds of credit for “discovering “ new songs when they were songs even I recognized, & I barely listen to top 40 anymore. Just because KLG didn’t recognize any singers since the Carpenters doesn’t mean Jenna will do the same. I’m assuming Jenna is more aware of newer music since she’s at least 10 years younger.

• Love 2

I’m surprised she isn’t on plugging her book. 

Who thinks this would even even get published of Hoda didn’t have her name attached to it? And as usual, it’s just compiling other people’s quotes, not actual work or writing skill on her part.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I’m surprised she isn’t on plugging her book. 

Who thinks this would even even get published of Hoda didn’t have her name attached to it? And as usual, it’s just compiling other people’s quotes, not actual work or writing skill on her part.

She WAS just on the other day plugging the book. At least I think I read that on the other thread.

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/08/hoda-kotb-says-she-found-true-happiness-at-49/

Kotb told us that with several of her co-workers also having kids, it’s all anyone can talk about.

“I mean everyone’s so sick of us like literally, I feel sorry for our crew,” she said, joking, “They’re like ‘put your kid pictures away. We’re gonna gag.’ Literally, I think one of our cameramen barfed like nearby because we’re so entertained by our children and what they’re doing.”

On the plus side, she added that because they’re all going through parenting together, it’s easier to bond over.

“We can do it ad nauseam I think because we are all in the same boat,” she said. “Savannah [Guthrie], Dylan [Dreyer], Jenna [Bush Hager], like everybody kinda just puts it out there.”

I really hope there is no one on their team who doesn't have kids or can't have kids or feels bad about not having kids. You would think Hoda not finding happiness until age 49 would be a little less tone deaf to how alienating it is to hear nothing but parent talk when you aren't in the same position - even worse if you wish you were. I'm glad Hoda is happy and found happiness in her personal life, everyone should. It just kind of surprises me how insular they have all become. I guess the Today Show is geared toward stay at home moms in general so that's what they are pandering to, but it's really become unwatchable. It used to be at least sort of about news or interesting stories, and now it just feels it's really just all about the talent's personal lives, ALL the time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, divsc said:

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/08/hoda-kotb-says-she-found-true-happiness-at-49/

Kotb told us that with several of her co-workers also having kids, it’s all anyone can talk about.

“I mean everyone’s so sick of us like literally, I feel sorry for our crew,” she said, joking, “They’re like ‘put your kid pictures away. We’re gonna gag.’ Literally, I think one of our cameramen barfed like nearby because we’re so entertained by our children and what they’re doing.”

On the plus side, she added that because they’re all going through parenting together, it’s easier to bond over.

“We can do it ad nauseam I think because we are all in the same boat,” she said. “Savannah [Guthrie], Dylan [Dreyer], Jenna [Bush Hager], like everybody kinda just puts it out there.”

I really hope there is no one on their team who doesn't have kids or can't have kids or feels bad about not having kids. You would think Hoda not finding happiness until age 49 would be a little less tone deaf to how alienating it is to hear nothing but parent talk when you aren't in the same position - even worse if you wish you were. I'm glad Hoda is happy and found happiness in her personal life, everyone should. It just kind of surprises me how insular they have all become. I guess the Today Show is geared toward stay at home moms in general so that's what they are pandering to, but it's really become unwatchable. It used to be at least sort of about news or interesting stories, and now it just feels it's really just all about the talent's personal lives, ALL the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if the top brass is encouraging all of this happy family, baby talk. The dirt Ronan Farrow has uncovered about Lauer and others at NBC is horrifying, so I am sure they want to go in the opposite direction hence all of the baby talk. Farrow said he uncovered hush money payments made by the network over the years to several other victims of Matt's sexual harassment/assaults. And Matt apparently wasn't the only man to behave in this manner. What a disgusting bunch. 

• Love 3

The Today show insta account picture of Hoda and Dylan celebrating the 4th together .  It is the first time I’ve seen Hope’s face .  Looks like Joy has learned to do the toothy giant mouth smile that Hoda and her family have !

• Love 2

I started watching Hoda and Jenna in their special segment of Today.  I actually think it’s pretty good.  What has stood out to me recently is all the things that Jenna says she does.  She says she reads a lot of books…..for herself and to her kids.  Her goal is to read more this year.  She already reads 100 books a year!  Then today she says she reads devotional messages from her dad every morning!  Plus, she has her kids to care for, her job, workouts, and her husband.  Man….she’s really busy.  Makes me wonder. Are there enough hours in the day to do all this?  

Has anyone else watched her for long?  Is this normal for her?  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I started watching Hoda and Jenna in their special segment of Today.  I actually think it’s pretty good.  What has stood out to me recently is all the things that Jenna says she does.  She says she reads a lot of books…..for herself and to her kids.  Her goal is to read more this year.  She already reads 100 books a year!  Then today she says she reads devotional messages from her dad every morning!  Plus, she has her kids to care for, her job, workouts, and her husband.  Man….she’s really busy.  Makes me wonder. Are there enough hours in the day to do all this?  

Has anyone else watched her for long?  Is this normal for her?  

I read somewhere, not sure if it was in Laura Bush's memoir or maybe Jenna's first book about sisters, anyway, apparently the whole family loves reading.  When visiting at the ranch in Texas, everyone goes to bed early and reads. Likely she has carried it through to her own family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/28/2022 at 3:29 PM, lookeyloo said:

Is Hoda still with Joel?  No ring, and mentions girls came into bed with "her".  Not "them".  Also no mention of him lately.

https://people.com/tv/hoda-kotb-joel-schiffman-break-up-split/

Hoda Kotb and Joel Schiffman Break Up After 8 Years Together

Hoda Kotb and her longtime beau Joel Schiffman have called it quits.

The former couple — who share daughters Hope, 2, and Haley, 4, and have been together since 2013 — are going their separate ways, after getting engaged in November 2019.

Kotb, 57, announced the news on Monday during the third hour of the Todayshow, noting that some viewers had asked why she hadn't been wearing her engagement ring.

"Joel and I have had a lot of prayerful and meaningful conversations over the holidays and we decided that we're better as friends and parents than we are as an engaged couple, so we decided we are going to start this new year ... on our new path as loving parents to our adorable, delightful children, and as friends," said Kotb.

"It's not like something happened. They say sometimes relationships are meant to be there for a reason, or a season or for a lifetime. And I feel like ours was meant to be there for a season," she added in her conversation with co-host Jenna Bush Hager.

Thanks for the above link, @divsc

Did Joel officially adopt the girls?

Ugh, kind of a mess.

He seems like such a nice guy, handsome, into finance, and went along with Halloween family theme costumes, etc. And seemed to be ok with her extended family being around a lot.

I know she can of course afford help, but it's going to be harder and different raising the girls day to day on her own.

Guess she'll have to pray on it. But still, shit happens.

I feel bad for everyone. Wonder who cut the cord? Kind of  sounds like her? The article said that he was saying for them to just do it. I don't know.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3
On 3/22/2019 at 10:24 AM, Bronzedog said:

Does Hoda still have her dog?  She never mentions him.  Today they’re trying to get puppies adopted and I keep thinking Hoda isn’t the right salesperson for it because she seems to have forgotten all about Blake after she adopted the kid she won’t shut up about,and, I suspect she doesn’t have the dog anymore.

Maybe now she can get Blake back? 

The dog, of course.

This is the only place in my world where I can come to discuss this stuff with you guys as pretty much no one in my real life would have a clue about this whole breakup. Or give a shit. ;)

Edited by seasons
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I like Hoda a lot!!  

BUT, Chris Pratt today. He and Katherine are having their second child. Did Hoda seriously just forget that he has a first child with Anna Faris? Omigosh, insulted. 

• Love 1