Type keyword(s) to search

Hoda Kotb: What? An Open-Mouth Pose is Cute!

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

So glad to see People recognizing what some would consider "unconventional" beauty, from Lupita to Hoda (and women of color as well!)  I've always liked Hoda's Egyptian features.  

I'm okay with it as a concept, at least until she does that open mouth thing (from the pics a few posts up).  That's not pretty in ANYONE's book.

• Love 1

Who is that young man with her in the photo?

Victor Cruz, of the New York Giants.  

I'm assuming she just sort of glommed onto him on a red carpet (or I guess a pink carpet, since it was one of those breast cancer benefits).

(edited)

For some inexplicable reason, my brother thinks Hoda is hot and he's in love with her.  I knew he was touched in the head, even as a child.

She'd be okay (for her age) if she kept her mouth shut.  And I don't mean that in the usual "see woman, not hear woman" sense people insultingly use. I mean literally, as described by the topic title (and photos upthread).

Even with her mouth less wide open than in the shots upthread, there's still a marked contrast between how she looks here, with it only semi-open (open but with teeth--kind of like The Joker's sister): http://www.eonline.com/news/550372/hoda-kotb-reveals-she-s-so-happy-with-her-boyfriend-plus-find-out-if-the-two-plan-to-say-i-do

And how she looks here (quite nice, even with a bit of a sneer--because the sneer is far better than the Wide Open Mouth look, or even The Joker Face): http://www.eonline.com/news/488921/hoda-kotb-shows-off-bikini-body-in-miami-looks-fit-and-fab-at-49

The relaxed hair in the second photo helps too (versus that ugly helmet in the first).

Edited by Kromm
(edited)

The good news?  Hoda (and yes, sigh.... Kathie Lee) participated in a brave "no makeup" video, for a song by Colbie Caillat.  I applaud them for that.  The bad news? Well there's nothing too wrong with her appearance... except... you got it.  The wide open mouth!  Actually she may be listening a LITTLE bit, because it's the tooth version, which is slightly better than the gaping maw version.

3qfpa0L.jpg

Edited by Kromm

You can see Hoda doing the open mouth pose in the latest People magazine, at Savannah 's shower.

People think she is more "real" & "genuine" than KLG, judging from Facebook comments, but I find it extremely fake . If she's always mugging that fakey open mouthed smile for the camera, she is not being genuine. How about a real smile for a friend's baby shower?

Isn't Deborah Roberts kind of...ahem...mature for a mini skirt?  And Kathie Lee looks like Granny Grinch.

And what the hell is that sitting on Kathie Lee's HEAD?  I hope that's like... a plastic "party" hat, because if it's a real hat she pulled out of her closet, that's TOTALLY ridic.

And yes, the Hoda mouth is open.  What did we expect?

• Love 1
People think she is more "real" & "genuine" than KLG, judging from Facebook comments

Interesting.  I don't find Hoda particularly "fake" but I'd say KLG is by far the most genuine on this show she's been in her whole career.  I mean, we all suspected she was a drunk who liked to ogle the hot guys, but she wasn't allowed to "be" that on Regis and KL; she had to project the "doting Christian wife and mother" image. I hated her there but I actually, dare I say, kinda dig her on this show.  (Not that I watch more than an occasional clip).

• Love 2

Rohndinella I have to say I like KLG too. I think she is honest and funny (especially since Cody and Cassidy have turned into normal, self centered young adults not the perfect children she would describe on Regis). She only bugs me when she offers up excuses for Bieber and the Kardashians because their mothers are Christian woman. I guess Lindsay Lohen's mom missed the memo.

• Love 1

She really looked out of place at the funeral.  What was she thinking, wearing that outfit?  Did she want to piss Joan off?

I adore Hoda and I think she is beautiful.  I think Joan would have applauded her blue dress and dislike everyone else wearing all black!!  

• Love 1

Hoda actually said "your guyses" when talking to Garth Brooks.

I didn't hear the context in which she said it, but might Hoda have been referring to Garth's  various guises? One of them being Chris Gaines, for example,  Like I said, I don't know the context, but it's just a thought. 

Hoda doesn't even watch her own show. She seemed astonished to learn on the "who knew" segment that there will be a sequel to My Big Fat Greek Wedding". Nia Vardalos was on the Today show just a few weeks ago & said the very same thing.

• Love 1

Hoda is a pain in the butt. Sorry, it had to be said. The giggling, flirting and babbling are just so annoying. And, one of these times when her hands are flying all over as she talks, she is going to smack KLG right in the face.  Several times she has blocked KLG from the camera because her huge hands are in the way. Shut up Hoda !