Type keyword(s) to search

CBB17 (2016): RIP David (Bowie) (Gest) Hasselhoff

The new eye logo's been released, along with some hints at the house theme (vaudeville theatre inside; Victorian street outside), and the cast rumours are coming thick and fast. The UK part of the cast seems to be even more underwhelming than usual in terms of starpower, but apparently both Vanilla Ice and Octomom are going in.

• Love 1

Oh, brother.  I also see that James Jordan's wife Ola is also on the list of rumored celebrities, as are Hulk Hogan and Selina from The Apprentice UK.  I think there's a LOT of trainwreck potential this year -- it's why CBB UK has become appointment Internet viewing for me!

When is the carnage supposed to commence?

Edited by legaleagle53

Rumour's got it that VH1 icon Tiffany Pollard a.k.a. "New York" * will be spending the first third of her threefold 2016-RTV appearance # across the pond:

* For the uninitiated, this gal's the biggest thing to happen to Upstate since *insert-Bills-reference* and much to the chagrin of NYCers as someone unable to be claimed as one of their own.

# The others being a show tentatively titled "15 Minutes" and "Family Therapy (by/with Dr. Jen)". 

Oh My Lanta. CBB7 was my foray down the showhole of CBB->BBUK->BBUS->TAR->Survivor, and I'm still thrashing around the Survivor hole. I havent watched CBB in years. But Octomom?! Holy grandmultipara. I was obsessed with her years ago and even started a facebook page for her LOL. I may just tune in to watch this trainwreck.

• Love 1

By the way, apparently Kristina Rihanoff, not Ola Jordan, is this year's rumored Strictly Come Dancing offering.  Given Kristina's reputation for being a vindictive hothead when crossed, I can see why she'd be a much more attractive fit for the CBB house than Ola would -- Ola never did strike me as being the same kind of mischievous troublemaker that her husband James was on CBB.

"New York"? Ugh. So much for any chance of a series where they don't out of their way to cast an American to be the big villain.

Massively loud. Massively dumb. Massive Ass. She's the Triple Crown Holder!

Edited by Kromm

I feel like they cast her to be brash, but not necessarily as the villain. Between Christopher (who people seem to hate, and who outlast Rylan on his season of The X-Factor), Nancy (the third Sven-Goran Eriksson fling to appear on CBB), Winston (who as a black guy with UKIP connections is going to draw hate from everywhere), and Jeremy (best friends with Marc from last year's civilian season, who is easily among the most universally-hated housemates ever), there are plenty of options for the villain without leaving the British Isles.

The good news is there are so many assholes this time around they probably won't feel as much of a need to try and force particular people deep into the season the way they did with, say, Perez Hilton last January.

I feel like they cast her to be brash, but not necessarily as the villain. Between Christopher (who people seem to hate, and who outlast Rylan on his season of The X-Factor), Nancy (the third Sven-Goran Eriksson fling to appear on CBB), Winston (who as a black guy with UKIP connections is going to draw hate from everywhere), and Jeremy (best friends with Marc from last year's civilian season, who is easily among the most universally-hated housemates ever), there are plenty of options for the villain without leaving the British Isles.

Yes, but back on the American side you've also got that subhuman wart on Kim Kardashian's ass, Jonathan Cheban. Also, Bowie's ex is an American, and I'm sure she's going to be fully as awful as she seems. Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Bowie's just died. Surely they'd have to break the "no outside contact" rule and tell Angie, right?

I was wondering that (on the Misc. Celeb News page). 

Given how she's been badmouthing him on the show, and the fact that she actually hasn't spoken to him in 40 years (and yet kept his name) there'd be all kinds of levels of crazy irony though, wouldn't there be?

And trust this tasteless show to exploit it and show her reaction on camera.

I was wondering that (on the Misc. Celeb News page). 

Given how she's been badmouthing him on the show, and the fact that she actually hasn't spoken to him in 40 years (and yet kept his name) there'd be all kinds of levels of crazy irony though, wouldn't there be?

And trust this tasteless show to exploit it and show her reaction on camera.

Since, as you pointed out, she clearly hated him and openly badmouthed him, I doubt we'll see all that much of a reaction.  Hell, she may ask Big Brother whether she can throw a party to celebrate!

And the official word is that she was informed off-camera and elected to stay in the house, although she has been given the option of leaving the house at any time if she wants to.  She has also been offered counseling if she needs it.

Edited by legaleagle53

Did I read correctly that Angie Bowie has been badmouthing David Bowie on the show? What did she say about him?

She said that being married to him had been pure hell for her -- and that was among the nicer things she said about him!

• Love 1

Angie telling New York that "David's dead" and her thinking it was David Gest might be one of the most delightful bewildering and kind of heartbreaking things I've ever seen. You can't write this shit!

It's kind of too ridiculous to be heartbreaking for me. There's a debate on some other board I was on if Angie did it deliberately knowing Tiffany is so stupid she'd jump to the wrong conclusion, but that's too strange for me to even consider.
  • Love 1

I am feeling hit hard by David Bowie's death, but the Youtube clip of that idiot New York thinking David Gest is dead was sort of hilarious. If Angela Bowie, who talks trash about her ex David, tells you "David died", why would you think this would be about a housemate? If a housemate died, wouldn't they handle it differently than having Angie Bowie tell someone, but tell them they can't tell anyone.

Everything I know about New York makes me want to beat her with a skillet. Couldn't hurt, might help.

I thought the whole thing was an amazing circus performance, honestly. Tiffany probably did think Angie was talking about Gest, just because Tiffany probably doesn't give enough of a fuck to keep it in the front of her mind that Angie is Bowie's ex, or even who Bowie is, I'm guessing. But I do think that, even though she thought Angie's drama was about Gest, Tiffany totally threw gasoline on that fire for entertainment.

And she continued to carefully ride that wave of drama, even when it became clear it was all about Bowie. Tiffany's got ovaries, that's for sure. She could have ended up with the country hating her for such callous exploitation of a real death, but she didn't let it backfire completely. At the end of the day, she was even sincerely sorry for Angie's loss.

Tiffany's been working subtly since launch night, slowly increasing her shenanigans in each episode. It seems like "misunderstanding/mishearing" has been a common technique, which is clever because it always leaves her an out, a way to turn sympathetic at the last moment. And Angie seems to be her favorite (unwilling?) accomplice. How many times has Tiffany escalated drama with Angie over a misunderstanding now? At first it was just Angie being bossy, but now we're at the point where even Angie's dead ex is fuel for fireworks. The conflict and confusion on that supposed day of mourning was so surreal -- I wasn't sure if I should laugh but I couldn't help myself -- it was a masterpiece. And we still have how much more to see? :D

Honestly, I get why she calls herself The Original HBIC, because the kind of "playing" or "acting" or whatever we call it that clowns do in these circuses can be done with skill -- and Tiffany is a master. She's like a fucking avante garde artist at this shit.

Edited by Liqidclark
  • Love 1

I read that Megan has Celiac disease which explains a lot of her mood-swing behavior tonight. Big Brother did a HUGE disservice to her by withdrawing food and giving her gluten foods that she couldn't eat, she should've been a puppet master. No wonder she was screaming to BB that she was hungry. They wanted to get that blowup we got, but at the expense of her health. The producers may have gone too far on this one.

I read that Megan has Celiac disease which explains a lot of her mood-swing behavior tonight. Big Brother did a HUGE disservice to her by withdrawing food and giving her gluten foods that she couldn't eat, she should've been a puppet master. No wonder she was screaming to BB that she was hungry. They wanted to get that blowup we got, but at the expense of her health. The producers may have gone too far on this one.

And likely the British version of the FCC (OFCOM) will do nothing to discipline the show. They practically let this show get away with murder. They can manipulate results, change facts and/or event timelines, put heavy-handed spin on things via their hosts and guests, create tasks that steer public opinions (deliberately, not just due to performance), etc. and the show gets away with it.

And likely the British version of the FCC (OFCOM) will do nothing to discipline the show. They practically let this show get away with murder. They can manipulate results, change facts and/or event timelines, put heavy-handed spin on things via their hosts and guests, create tasks that steer public opinions (deliberately, not just due to performance), etc. and the show gets away with it.

Not unlike its US counterpart.

And yes, if Megan does have Celiac disease, then the show is guilty of assaulting her by forcing her to eat foods that the show should know she can't eat for health reasons.  It's also hypocritical of the producers to do that when they gave David (the living one, not Angie's ex-husband, Tiffany) a pass on the task because HE was having health issues.

My favorites so far are John, Darren, Kristina, and Nancy, in that order.  I was rather floored when Darren kissed John on the lips a couple of times after their slight dust-up over John's nomination of Darren for eviction the other day.  Not even Austin and James literally kissed and made up after a fight like that!  I know John's gay (and partnered to another man) outside of the show, but I assumed that because Darren is also married, he's straight and married to a woman.  Is my gaydar on the blink again (smacks gaydar with stick)?

Edited by legaleagle53

And on top of all that, the house this year is the ugliest I have ever seen it on any version of BB.  What were the designers on when they came up with THIS monstrosity?

Part of the problem is that they're STILL in the mindset that filming in HD means you have to make the house extra-cluttered, even though they've been in HD since 2011, and part of it is that they just don't seem that painting the roof black makes the entire house seem darker on camera. The house usually looks great in the still shots they release before the season, but then it doesn't ever seem to work in the episodes.

So, John's up for eviction this week? Over my dead body (yeah, as though I had any say in the matter -- I live in the wrong country for voting)! John and Darren are the two I want to see as the final two standing (OK, so I think John's hot -- what's it to you, Britain?).

This won't be popular here but I am enjoying Tiffany. I never saw her on her original show but I've watch The Bad Girls Club (lol, so you know I have bad tastes, lol) and imagine she is was like one of those characters. Anyway I am enjoying her on CBB. Megan can go 24 hours without eating and I think she just had enough of John's manipulations (coupled with being more disinhibited from drinking) and had a tantrum. What she said was correct but she said it the wrong way (shouting in a tantrum)

This won't be popular here but I am enjoying Tiffany. I never saw her on her original show but I've watch The Bad Girls Club (lol, so you know I have bad tastes, lol) and imagine she is was like one of those characters. Anyway I am enjoying her on CBB. Megan can go 24 hours without eating and I think she just had enough of John's manipulations (coupled with being more disinhibited from drinking) and had a tantrum. What she said was correct but she said it the wrong way (shouting in a tantrum)

To her credit, Megan did go out of her way to sincerely apologize to Big Brother for that tantrum, which is more than I can say for that waste of oxygen Tiffany.

Sorry, but I just can't stand Tiffany and her stupid diva behavior.  I'm firmly on Team John (at least he's playing the game) and Team Darren (who knows enough not to take anything personally -- plus he's one of the most affectionate housemates I've ever seen).  Those are the two I'd like to see as the final two standing.

To her credit Megan did go out of her way to sincerely apologize to Big Brother for that tantrum, which is more than I can say for that waste of oxygen Tiffany.

Sorry, but I just can't stand Tiffany and her stupid diva behavior. I'm firmly on Team John (at least he's playing the game) and Team Darren (who knows enough not to take anything personally -- plus he's one of the most affectionate housemates I've ever seen). Those are the two I'd like to see as the final two standing.

Megan is ok so far imo.

Darren seems like a nice guy but is coming across as very weak and pathetic. I'd say that even if he was female. I think I see him that way partly because the other housemates are fighting battles on his behalf. He didn't ask them to "battle" for him but the fact that they seem so protective of him just comes off as weak imo. He does seem sincere and maybe the story he wants is "victim" or "weak" to then later become "strong". IDK. I do think he handled Tiff in the garden well when she talked about him walking away from her. He came off good in that situation so maybe, for me, it is the other housemates over protection of him that I find annoying.

I don't mind manipulators and I think John and Gemma are both extremely manipulative. I didn't like it when John tried to ostracize Tiff and I don't like Gemma's obvious two faced behavior with Tiff (plus stealing the shoes and saying Tiff's feet were fat). If Gemma just stuck with stirring the pot then I'd be ok with her but she went to far.

Edited by Vicky8675309

John Partridge is an arrogant, scheming piece of crap. I know several people who were in a production of A Chorus Line in the West End with him (he played Zach, the director) and they told me that its director/choreographer Bob Avian told them he wished he'd never cast Partridge because he was under the mistaken impression that the show was called The Director rather than A Chorus Line. It's a toss-up between him and John Barrowman in UK show biz circles as to who is more obnoxious.

ETA David Gest has left the house. I bet as soon as that happened John Partridge did a little happy dance somewhere, fully aware that a big threat to him has been removed. Now what to do about Darren...

Edited by TimWil

John Partridge is an arrogant, scheming piece of crap. I know several people who were in a production of A Chorus Line in the West End with him (he played Zach, the director) and they told me that its director/choreographer Bob Avian told them he wished he'd never cast Partridge because he was under the mistaken impression that the show was called The Director rather than A Chorus Line. It's a toss-up between him and John Barrowman in UK show biz circles as to who is more obnoxious.

ETA David Gest has left the house. I bet as soon as that happened John Partridge did a little happy dance somewhere, fully aware that a big threat to him has been removed. Now what to do about Darren...

Darren is the only housemate I would want to see win if John doesn't.  From what I'm hearing, he's the favorite to win, too.  So can someone please explain to me why Gemma went after him in tonight's show?  Just what did he ever do to her?

After watching Angie's colossal tantrum, I have to say that I can't blame her son for keeping his distance IRL. Jeez, is she ever not irritated, annoyed, and angry?!

Well, she is suffering from severe sleep deprivation, which would do a number on anyone.   That said, I'm really a bit over her and am more than ready to see her leave the house one way or another.

• Love 1

Wow, with David and Angie both leaving, I didn't expect them to still hold an eviction. And also surprised they haven't done the fake eviction yet.

I wonder if Angie really did have a 100+ degree fever or not. Anyway, glad Kristina is gone, she was a waste of a housemate. I couldn't even bother to pay attention to her interview and her Best Bits were so blaahhh.

So far all the tasks BB has made the HMs do have flopped lol

• Love 1

The guy who's basically been in charge since the show moved to Channel 5 (but only officially got promoted last year) was fired after how spectacularly badly both summer seasons rated - the January seasons usually get slightly better ratings anyway, but last year the show dropped from an average of 3.1m viewers for the January CBB to just 1.4m for the civilian season - so I'm not so sure it'll happen with the new producers, who seem to be trying to reinvent the show. I'd wager the larger cast is at least partially so they don't have to rely on that twist, now that it's lost its shock value.

I'm trying to remember the last CBB task that was actually any good, and... I think you have to go back to CBB13? There we had three truly wonderful tasks (twin party rooms, The Most Annoying Room in the World, poor dead Squeaky) within about a week of each other, but since then the tasks have basically been "argue on cue".

I wonder if Angie really did have a 100+ degree fever or not.

She probably did.  David left the house because he was too ill to continue, and I noticed yesterday that Stephanie also spent the day in bed in the spare room because she was sick.  Clearly, something is going around, and Big Brother would be wise to do something about it, because the housemates seem to be dropping like flies from whatever it is.

Clearly, something is going around, and Big Brother would be wise to do something about it, because the housemates seem to be dropping like flies from whatever it is.

Something like locking the doors?

Edited by Liqidclark
  • Love 1

Something like locking the doors?

I don't get it.  What does locking the doors have to do with anything, unless you're suggesting that whatever bug is going around got in because someone left a door open?

Edited by legaleagle53

I'd kind of like to see them work their way down to two or three people being left on Finale Night instead of the five or six we usually get. I feel like if they're that worried about not having enough people left, it would make more sense to keep the eviction schedule as is and just add some filler on finale night instead of rushing everyone out with half-assed interviews because there are too many people for them to dispose of in the amount of time they have.

Just as I was finally getting bored of Jeremy and Stephanie...was that the most satisfying ending to an episode yet or what?

Steph: "I'm just mad at all them."

Jeremy: "It's not them, it's you."

And she STILL kept asking for a hug. WHAT?!

If only the Lee/Jasmine/Casey triangle had concluded so satisfactorily in CBB13.

What a bunch of joyless HMs there are in that house this year. 

Just as I was finally getting bored of Jeremy and Stephanie...was that the most satisfying ending to an episode yet or what?

Steph: "I'm just mad at all them."

Jeremy: "It's not them, it's you."

And she STILL kept asking for a hug. WHAT?!

If only the Lee/Jasmine/Casey triangle had concluded so satisfactorily in CBB13.

What a bunch of joyless HMs there are in that house this year. 

Oh, my favorite moment was when Stephanie kept going on about her boyfriend Sam right in front of Jeremy, especially when she agreed that she was looking forward to marrying Sam once she got out of the house.  Jeremy's gobsmacked expression was the perfect mixture of "WTF?"  and genuine hurt.  And then when Megan spelled it out for him that he was nothing more than just a distraction for Stephanie, who was basically using him as a proxy for Sam, that's when I started really hating Stephanie for leading Jeremy on, although I really can't feel too sorry for Jeremy, either, since he should have known better than to let Stephanie come on to him when he knew she was in a committed relationship.

I'm just getting tired of Stepheremy or Jerephanie (see, they can't even make a decent portmanteau) forcing their fake-ass, boring teenage romance on us. How uninspired, really. Fuck that shit. If we've got to have a serving of fake romantic angst with every meal, at least give us Megan and Scotty T who seem to have half a brain cell between them and at least provide some eye candy.

• Love 1

Gemma: "I AIN'T DOING TASKS BIG BROTHER! I HATE TASKS!"

Um...did she somehow mistake this show for something else when she signed the contract? Absolutely gutted she got immunity, I call producer shenanigans. If she hates everything so much she should just quit and spare us all her insufferable whinging every time she is asked to do something she is being PAID TO DO.

Although "i'm 100% pregnant" was almost worth the price of admission.

Sad to see Megan go, her and Scotty T were actually kind of sweet.