Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Talk

They may not have been paid like Jersey Shore, especially Snookie who also got a spinoff.

But many of them still need to live at home?

Also this illusion about family and going on a vacation is tiresome. They leave their real families and friends back home so they can get paid to get drunk on tv. If they were really going on vacations, why not take relatives and boyfriends and girlfriends along?

Wonder what the dynamic of these shows, like this one and Real World and The Challenge would be if some cast members brought their real boyfriends and girlfriends and others were single. Guess one of the staples is to have them cheat or appear to cheat on someone back home. Or be cheated on while on the shows.

Episode 1:

"Taxicab Confessions"

The crew arrives at their beautiful new house in Savannah, Georgia; Lauren and Tiffany struggle to keep an explosive secret from Lyle, and Murray and Hannah must console Mattie.

Airs January 28, 2016.

They may not have been paid like Jersey Shore, especially Snookie who also got a spinoff.

But many of them still need to live at home?

Also this illusion about family and going on a vacation is tiresome. They leave their real families and friends back home so they can get paid to get drunk on tv. If they were really going on vacations, why not take relatives and boyfriends and girlfriends along?

Wonder what the dynamic of these shows, like this one and Real World and The Challenge would be if some cast members brought their real boyfriends and girlfriends and others were single. Guess one of the staples is to have them cheat or appear to cheat on someone back home. Or be cheated on while on the shows.

I would love it if some of these clowns were to join the MTV clowns on a Challenge show.

• Love 2

Who wants to take bets on how long before Martha shows up?  I'm sure it was easy for Mattie to suppress Martha the first night. However, from the previews? The bullshit and drama going on will get on anyone's nerves, much less someone with a split personality when she gets hammered.

Blowing chunks in the pool?   There are no words.  I would be so humiliated if I was such a sloppy drunk as Daddy and it was filmed for everyone to see.  Dude - seek help.

Episode 2:

"Lyle's Achy-Breaky Heart"

Tiffany and Lauren tell Lyle devastating news about his fiancee, Santana; Walt attempts to woo a woman into his bed by playing his guitar; Daddy brings the wrong girl home from the bar.

Airs February 4, 2016.

The only thing I liked about the Boudreaux arc was the Genco T-Shirt he was wearing.  He could use the Don's help.  :)

Didja notice how empty the bar was, yet again?  They must go super early to these joints.  Perhaps they were only allowed to go early by the proprietors?

It was nice to see Murray getting real about his Mama.  

Walt badly needs guitar lessons.  Badly.

Of course Lyle believes Santana…no one wants to think their fiancee cheated on them (& from the sound of it, multiple times). But why is Tiff always the one outing this shit? I'd guess because otherwise she'd have no storyline at all.

Tiff really needs to stop putting her nose into other peoples business.  She did it last year with Hotdog now with Lyle.  It's one thing to tell him what you know, it's another to completely insert yourself into the drama.  By the looks of the preview, it's going to get even worse.  Tiff needs to focus on her own shit.

Just me, or does Walt look good this year?  Sad for Murray, that shit is hard.

Episode 3:

"She Devil Went Down to Georgia"

Murray wraps up his personal business in Mississippi and returns to the house to learn that the girls are still all up in Lyle and Santana's relationship.

Airs February 11, 2016.

Episode 4:

"Southern Discomfort"

The house is divided when a secret comes out about Lyle's fiance that Tiffany and Lauren have major issues with; Lyle is forced to make a decision that could change his life forever.

Airs February 18, 2016.

It was fun to see the "minders" on the last ep breaking up the fights.  The cast knows at alllll times they are on camera.  How did the stink bombs not work?!!!!

When Hott Dogg sees through the lies of someone else?  That's pretty much slam dunk proof of the lies.  

It would be nice to see these fools actually working at the produce stand - especially at the end of a hot and humid South Georgia day on the clay.  

Episode 5:

"Cowboys and Ninjas"

After healthy input from her roommates, Mattie makes a decision regarding her relationship with DJ; feeling like she's missing out, Hannah invites her boyfriend Cody to the house so she can get some lovin' too.

Airs February 25, 2016.

Even though all the girls seem convinced Santana is lying to Lyle, I don't know what to believe.  But I do know this - she's not too bright to talk to him and tell him how all the guys were buying her drinks when she went out.  I hope Lyle talks to Brandon and the real truth comes out.

So what happened between the last two eps that Boudreaux figured out the core truth that Santana's been playin' him?  His attitude was totally different from the jump of this latest ep.  

We also get to see him acting with some real wits and guile.  Where's that guy been?  

if nothing else, this last season should be mandatory viewing in high schools all across the USA.  We have seen the deadest of dead ends all their "partying" behavior is.  We see how ridiculous it is to choose a "family"  or circle of friends interested mostly in partying.  A public service is what this show is, y'all! 

• Love 1

I think his suspicions increased when she was talking about going to some club or bar where people go only to hook up.

He didn't like her going there, maybe they've talked about it in the past, that when he's doing the show, he didn't want her to go there.

• Love 1

I think his suspicions increased when she was talking about going to some club or bar where people go only to hook up.

He didn't like her going there, maybe they've talked about it in the past, that when he's doing the show, he didn't want her to go there.

Yes.  This absolutely helped turn him.  My thing is it seemed like he was ill about her before that convo about "Cowboys" saloon.  I might could be 100% wrong.  Just my impression.

• Love 1

When Lyle and Santana talked on the phone, he said she had agreed to not go to Cowboys while he was away. Her casually mentioning going there with her girlfriends "for a couple drinks" sent flags up for him. That's why I think he changed his mind about believing her. In fact, I think he had major doubts anyway and hearing her not care about their agreement made him realize she's lying or acting super shady at the very least.

• Love 1

Yes, I forgot about that Once Sane. I basically like Lyle and would hate to see him played like a fool and hurt.  It seems he feels like he is "dating up" with Santana, but I find her to be very fake and high maintenance looking.

Edited by Trace
  • Love 2

Episode 6:

"True Lies"

Lyle gets a shocking text from Santana; the gang goes ghost hunting and gets more than they bargained for; Mattie is forced to choose between her roommates and her family back home.

Airs March 3, 2016.

While I genuinely appreciate the effort, the girls would have seen the fishing line in that daylight.

So, Mattie's mom/sister??? was explaining how money was a big problem and a reason that perhaps medical care had not been sought.   Mattie comes to understand she simply MUST be with her family to support them.  Cool.  Season over for her.  Nope.  She takes another expensive flight back after ONE DAY.   It is not cheap to fly into/out of regional airports.  Oh.  What's that?  Production paid for it in return for all the draaaaaaammmmmma?  Silly me.

I literally laughed when I saw Boudreaux leaving with just a few towels to represent alllll his "stuff" that he haaaaad to rescue from Santana's place.  He made it sound like he had so much there - more than could have been out in that van/suv.  

Good to see them working diligently at  their jobs.  ;)

• Love 2

I expected Mattie's family to be dying. All that drama for pre-cancerous cells, which many women experience via Pap test, and a knee surgery. I hate how fake and "on" she has become.

Is this the last season of this show? I'm pretty sure that before it began airing, I heard or read that it's the final season for this group. I can see why; it's nothing but fake drama.

I'm wondering if all these trips back and forth are due to off-camera obligations, known to production ahead of time, and which they try to spin into fake drama. I'm sure Murray's grandmother (he calls her Mom 'cause she raised him) is truly ill, but Murray knew that before he traveled to SC. And if she was gravely ill, wouldn't he have stayed at home instead of returning to the show?

All that melodrama from Boudreaux, over three episodes, he races home, only to spend about 15 minutes at the house.

• Love 2

To be fair to Lyle, Santana admitted to cheating when he was on his way home. I would have spent as little time there as possible too.

And this is the last season for PDS.

• Love 1
(edited)

Not to minimize what Maddie's sister went through, but to inject some actual real world experience?  I had a pap test come back with a "pre-cancerous" diagnosis.   I then underwent "cryo-surgery, meaning the pre-cancerous cells were literally frozen off (if you have a weak stomach stop reading NOW).  A wand that was attached to a helium tank was inserted up my vaginal area to my cervix.  The pre-cancerous cells were frozen and although I had horrible discharge for 2 weeks, I went right back to work. I was thankful the cancer was caught early because cancer is like a genetic curse on my Mom's side of the family.  No one bought airfare to be there for me - most people did not even know I had the procedure.  It truly was not that big of a deal. I had to have pap tests every month for three months, then every six months, then I was declared cancer free, and I went back to once a year tests. No one was pacing the floor clutching their pearls.

Edited by Trace
  • Love 3

Episode 7:

"Wild Lyle Down"

Wild Lyle returns when the gang decides to take a weekend vacation to a NASCAR race, but after some unexpected news about Santana, he goes off the deep end and lands in an ambulance, rushing to the hospital.

Airs March 10, 2016.

Even though I'm from the South, I've never been enamored watching grown men chase each other around in circles. So, not a huge Nascar fan. 

So apparently Boudreax is STILL willing to give Santana the benefit of the doubt.  Well bless his heart.

He is willing, as in he's saying that now on social media or something or he was willing, until this last episode when he found out she was hanging out with one of her exes?

I think Lyle was hoping it was a one-time thing they'd eventually move past/work through after some time apart. But after hearing the latest, he realized he's just done (at least for now).

I have no interest in NASCAR, but they looked like they were having a blast. Though Hannah needed to STFU & stop asking where Danica Patrick was.

It's been a long time since I saw an ep that actually had the feel of the first season.  

Of course they went to an Xfinity series race (not the top series).  I laughed when they edited in a shot of a packed grandstand.  Still, that was a pretty darn good time!

Episode 8:

"Watermelon, Meet Lartha"

As Lyle spends time in the hospital, Mattie gives Santana a piece of her mind. Meanwhile, Lauren flips her lid and the whole kitchen pays for it, but she's got something extra special in mind for Walt.

Airs March 17, 2016.

Was Santana trying to tell Lyle that the guy who busted her for cheating on him admitted he was lying? Or is this a whole new incident? If it's the former, then why did she confess?

And what did that watermelon ever do to Lauren? I'd I were Walt, I'd be dying laughing too; Lauren's outbursts always look more like a toddler throwing a tantrum than true upset.

Tiffany, your current boyfriend is pissed that you are overly concerned with where your ex-boyfriend's penis may have landed. This is not a difficult concept. And he doesn't care that "girl code" is supposed to prevent your friend from hooking up with your ex. I like Tiff, but that was annoying. Pretty funny to see him ignore her while she redials repeatedly. But Mattie hanging up on Santana twenty times was even better.

What was Walt saying about Lyle and Mattie? My feed cut off the last few seconds of previews.

Walt, and the edit monkeys, are insinuating that Maddie and Lyle become a thing.

How great was Lartha?!  Finally, she does something to justify her casting.  I'm no psychologist and I did not stay in a hotel last night.  Yet and still, did anyone else read into that tirade that she was betraying repressed feelings for Walt? 

The girl code is as old as the oldest cave dwelling.  Tiffany's ferocity has to be well known to her love sponge, Bubba.  If he is gonna get all butt hurt, he is a straight fool.  Either he has no clue who she is and always will be, or he is clueless as to basic human nature.  Maybe both.  He is a moron for choosing to call her out/picking a fight.

Chi Chi is a trip.  HE should have joined the cast.  

Glad to see them working themselves to the bone at the produce stand again.  

Episode 9:

"Single on a Segway"

Lyle officially breaks it off with Santana over the phone; the crew bets on their Segway race--the boys versus girls, with the losers becoming their opponents' servants for a day; a newly-single Lyle rekindles old desires in Mattie.

Airs March 24, 2016.

There should have been more Segway action!  Surely, they took more pratfalls than the ones we saw.  That was the fun of this show originally - seeing them playing like they were the Banana Splits (look it up, youngin's).  

They got no shot long-term, but Lyle and Maddie each could do a lot worse than each other.

Curious to see how they choose to end this cast.  

Walt, and the edit monkeys, are insinuating that Maddie and Lyle become a thing.

How great was Lartha?! Finally, she does something to justify her casting. I'm no psychologist and I did not stay in a hotel last night. Yet and still, did anyone else read into that tirade that she was betraying repressed feelings for Walt?

The girl code is as old as the oldest cave dwelling. Tiffany's ferocity has to be well known to her love sponge, Bubba. If he is gonna get all butt hurt, he is a straight fool. Either he has no clue who she is and always will be, or he is clueless as to basic human nature. Maybe both. He is a moron for choosing to call her out/picking a fight.

Chi Chi is a trip. HE should have joined the cast.

Glad to see them working themselves to the bone at the produce stand again.

Lauren did nothing justify her place because once again its just someone starved for attention and no one takes her seriously. Still pointless.

Whether or not Bubba is used Tiffany's silliness doesn't negate whether or not he should be pissed off or annoyed with her. Anyone that hears that the person they are with is calling everyone within earshot to complain about where your exes dick in entering would be annoyed. Doesn't matter if shes more annoyed by the girl. No one wants to hear that.

Episode 10:

"Foul Weather Friend"

Bubba surprises Tiffany with an unexpected visit, but Tiffany isn't sure how things will go after their recent arguments; after being rejected by numerous men at the bar, Hurricane Martha threatens the shores of Savannah.

Airs March 31, 2016.

Ya know, it is sad to see how out of condition/lazy/older they have become.  Again, just ONE round of the activity, this time paintball?  It's difficult to believe CMT is killing this cast, but it sure seems like the right thing to do - they are as an old and listless dog.

I have to give the editors credit for one very funny edit:  Right as we saw the beginnings of carnal activity with Tiff and Bubba, the next thing we hear is, "I'm done." followed by an instantaneous cut to Lyle, who had spoken the words.  Clever and funny.

It truly is sad seeing Maddie throwing herself at boys.   She'll never love herself until she gains self-respect.  Tough to do.  I sincerely wish her the best and hope she chooses to struggle mightily attaining such. 

Maddie puts way too much stock in what randoms think about her, especially men. And it's not like she hasn't successfully pulled at the bars before. Can't hit a homerun every time (or, based on the quality of these guys, a base hit). She & Lyle should just get together and be done with it.

Everyone is just tuned out this season, I think the producers told them it was the last one before filming began.

I'm sure some of it is editing.  She's probably not pushing herself on random guys all the time and getting rejected all the time.

Also, you can tell some of the locals go up to the cast in these clubs because there are cameras around.  At least that's the case with the male cast members finding many receptive females.

But maybe a similar dynamic doesn't quite happen when the genders are reversed.