Type keyword(s) to search

Kathie Lee Gifford

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

Kathie Lee and Regis on the fourth hour would be a disaster IMO.  There's nothing wrong with not knowing much about modern pop culture, but it would get annoying fast with those two constantly proclaiming they are unaware of this and that and about how things used to be.

• Love 2

Regis barely survived his last guest co-host stint.  He was confused, cranky, and lost.  KLG had to direct his every action.  Whatever *gossip* there is about this is pure idiocy.  Especially since Today Hour Four is not celebrity-driven.  It's mostly "news-you-can-use".  Honestly, they only do about 8 things, week after week, every week.  

The Big Test is going to be during the Olympics, when Hour Four moves to the Megyn Kelly Studio, with a live audience.  I can't imagine that Jenna Bush Hager will do all that well, but if KLG has celebrity co-hosts.........

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 3

I had The Talk on the other day and they had a blurb on about Kathie Lee. Kathie Lee says she is so lonely now. Frank and her parents are gone. Her kids live in CA. She still lives in her big house and all she sees in the house are memories. Good grief. Sell the house and move on! Get a fresh start. She was saying in the clip how she needs to start living in the present and not dwell on the memories.

• Love 3

I have a confession to make. I laugh when I see KLG singing. I don’t know why it cracks me up but it always has. Today she was showing a video of her and some country singer shooting a video of the song and the faces she makes when she sings is HYSTERICAL to me. Also, yesterday she & Hoda “auditioned” for The Voice. Again! She makes these funny faces and has these weird mannerisms. I don’t even think she sings that well. Although, she did it for years and made a living doing it way before doing GMA & LIVE. Yes! I’m going to hell. 

• Love 4

OMG. I don't watch Today on any regular basis but someone sent me a link to Kathie Lee singing that country song and it is so cringworthy, I went here to see if anyone was commenting on it.

The way she stands there with her eyes closed and she's rocking from side to side....come on, nobody really sings like that. Plus the lyric is "I love you to death" which is creepy when you think of it and the way she overemotes when she sings "death" like she's having a special moment...

I don't know how the crew kept a straight face.

• Love 1
On 3/1/2018 at 10:23 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Watched/listened to 30 seconds ... hell no!!!  She's certifiable!!!

I saw some video of Kathie Lee acting totally wacko on Megyn Kelly's show while talking about Billy Graham and Jesus!  Wow! The woman is a nutjob!  She needs to go on the 700 club where her crazy followers can eat up her crazy talk!  She basically was saying she had the answer to problems!   Ok, glad she feels that her faith helps her, but for someone so sure that dead people go to heaven, she has an issue with funerals doesn't she? I thought she'd be singing her corny song about seeing Jesus at Billy's funeral, but she seems to be unable to have funerals or attend them! No wonder Gelman is so happy to have Kelly instead of crazy Kathie lee! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think that KLG went into a dissociative state during Frank's cheating days.  She's not dealing well with reality and her last grasp of her family has gone away.  I'm sure she is lonely but I guess that she has major trust issues too.  I wish someone would just fix her up with someone similar for some dates.  

Her religion drives me nuts and since she obviously has gay friends via music (after her Anita Bryant stint), she can't hang with some evangelicals.  She's kind of stuck between eras, religions and reality.

• Love 1

Just saw a clip of Kathie Lee. Wow, she is not looking good. She is thin, but it is too much. Her face is looking old and her arms are so scrawny looking. She would look so much better with a few extra pounds.

• Love 4

Kathie Lee needs stop wearing sleeveless dresses!

And her hair/hair extensions?? She needs a good hairdresser.

Too much plastic surgery also. She is going to be 65 in August and needs to accept it.

• Love 6

I 've stopped watching Today but took a peak at KLG this morning. I couldn't believe how thin  she looks ! She was standing next to Hoda at the end of their show.  Hoda looks like a giant horse and KLG is this little thin wisp. I can't stand either of them. But KLG does look too thin and frail.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, susied2009 said:

I 've stopped watching Today but took a peak at KLG this morning. I couldn't believe how thin  she looks ! She was standing next to Hoda at the end of their show.  Hoda looks like a giant horse and KLG is this little thin wisp. I can't stand either of them. But KLG does look too thin and frail.

I wonder has she intentionally lost weight or what is going on?

• Love 1

She basically doesn’t eat any carbs. I think she’s mentioned it. She barely samples any food items when presented. How else is she going to fits into her skinny jeans & leather jackets.

CCD66EEB-7269-4796-ADF2-DB65AB6191D2.jpeg

• Love 2
13 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

This weekend, 120 Tennesseans get to see The Movie.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/then-came-you-exclusive-movie-pre-viewing-presented-by-kathie-lee-gifford-benefitting-modern-widows-tickets-52679538919

Since it seems they are intent on making this a "franchise", it will get sold to Hallmark?  or Up?   Cannot imagine it being a general theater release.

Thanks for the link....this movie seems like it belongs on Hallmark or Lifetime not an actual Movie Theater, and yet KLG is so sure its going to be a hit that she is already making plans to film a sequel!

I haven't watched Today in several years. Has Kathie Lee talked about moving to Nashville on the show? I would love to see pictures of her Nashville house. Maybe eventually some will come out. I wonder if she is selling her Connecticut compound? I recall that one of Franks's sons also lived on the property. From the few pictures I have seen of the interior, it looks due for a major update/renovation. She looks way too scrawny now! 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Pickles said:

I haven't watched Today in several years. Has Kathie Lee talked about moving to Nashville on the show? I would love to see pictures of her Nashville house. Maybe eventually some will come out. I wonder if she is selling her Connecticut compound? I recall that one of Franks's sons also lived on the property. From the few pictures I have seen of the interior, it looks due for a major update/renovation. She looks way too scrawny now! 

I haven't read anything about her selling the Connecticut house, but hopefully it is something she can hold onto for her kids.  I haven't seen too much of the inside lately, but the property itself is gorgeous.  There are the views of New York, the water and boats, the areas that are set up to entertain in, etc.  

• Love 2

I admit to being teary-eyed at the end of all the tributes to KLG...I've been watching her for years...she is part of my morning 🙂  Everyone seemed sincerely sad to see her go....even Noah Oppenheim, the 'Head Honcho" at NBC was there for the Farewell.  Cody looks just like Frank.  Guess KLG will be back from time to time to tell us about her movies & songs.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I admit to being teary-eyed at the end of all the tributes to KLG...I've been watching her for years...she is part of my morning 🙂  Everyone seemed sincerely sad to see her go....even Noah Oppenheim, the 'Head Honcho" at NBC was there for the Farewell.  Cody looks just like Frank.  Guess KLG will be back from time to time to tell us about her movies & songs.

Me too. I truly enjoy her. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

What always makes me teary eyed is when you start to hear from people about the behind the scenes stuff, the stuff that was done quietly, etc.  I had no idea about some of the stuff she did, or people she helped to get their start, etc.  She didn't judge and people will always appreciate that.

It's like when Luke Perry died and other celebrities were talking about the stuff he did - caring for a neighbor's dog after she died, helping out during the floods in Tenn, calming down kids on planes with balloons, showing up at events, etc.

As Kathie Lee said, you usually have to die to hear nice things said about you and she was able to hear it now.

• Love 2
On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:06 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Was Cassidy there?

In the past week, I have seen Kathie Lee twice on a commercial for Takl. It is an app that provides help for small jobs around the house. I guess it is based in TN near Kathie Lee's new home. Anyway, it is kind of a funny ad--just different. Kathie Lee sings her way through it and kind of prances around. She co-wrote the song. It reminds me of some kind of old fashioned ad. 

• Love 2
Just now, TheView said:

And to think Kathie Lee tried out for Charlie’s Angels. 

and, she loves to tell the story how the casting director said she wasn't pretty enough. Oh, well.

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, TheView said:

Not pretty enough and too Christian. 

and, the story she told over and over and over for years about her Daddy telling her to find something you like to do and make a living doing it. She said she couldn't do prostitution so she became a singer. OMG!!! She told that story on Live with Regis and Kathie Lee for years and then did it 10 more years with Hoda.

On 12/1/2017 at 10:30 PM, answerphone said:

Between KLG defending Matt (and other offenders), preaching on a daily basis, and apparently being buddies with the Trumps, I'm choosing to no longer watch her.

I'll miss Hoda.

When did KLG say she's buddies with the Trumps? 

On 7/22/2019 at 6:38 PM, TheView said:

When did KLG say she's buddies with the Trumps? 

Gee, let's pull out a 2.5 year old comment....

The Donald was a frequent guest on "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee".  Plus, I am pretty sure KLG was somewhat besties with the first mistress, Marla Maples.  KLG and The Donald were both big time 1980-90s NYC personalities.  It's ancient history.  

In more recent times, KLG co-hosted the 2017 National Tree Lighting with Dean Cain.  Ostensibly, it's non-partisan, and The Donald kept his distance.  I vaguely recall that KLG pulled out the "Do it for my country, respect the office" mantra that tens of millions of GOP-ers keep handy. Plus, a gig is a gig. And we have always known that is KLG's thing.

There's little doubt she is a Republican, though she has always had that "live-and-let-live" streak in her.  She may have been preachy at times, but she didnt pull out the fire-and-brimstone hatred that permeates The Trump Party in 2019.

3 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Gee, let's pull out a 2.5 year old comment....

The Donald was a frequent guest on "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee".  Plus, I am pretty sure KLG was somewhat besties with the first mistress, Marla Maples.  KLG and The Donald were both big time 1980-90s NYC personalities.  It's ancient history.  

In more recent times, KLG co-hosted the 2017 National Tree Lighting with Dean Cain.  Ostensibly, it's non-partisan, and The Donald kept his distance.  I vaguely recall that KLG pulled out the "Do it for my country, respect the office" mantra that tens of millions of GOP-ers keep handy. Plus, a gig is a gig. And we have always known that is KLG's thing.

There's little doubt she is a Republican, though she has always had that "live-and-let-live" streak in her.  She may have been preachy at times, but she didnt pull out the fire-and-brimstone hatred that permeates The Trump Party in 2019.

I'm sure she voted for him. 

• Love 2

OMG those TAKL commercials.  I cringe every time.  Please make it stop.  And she says to the guy, "Do you need your yard mowed?"  You don't mow a YARD.  You mow grass, or cut grass, but not a yard.

LOL I used to really like her.  Back in the 90's she had a clothing line and I even had a Kathy Lee dress.  It was probably one of those that were made in a sweatshop in China, though.  I remember when that scandal hit.

• Love 1

Guess Kathie Lee has a boyfriend. Pictures on Daily Mail of her looking cozy with some guy. Same guy is in her instagram pictures. They certainly look like a couple. 

I would like to see a picture of her Franklin, Tennessee house!

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Guess Kathie Lee has a boyfriend. Pictures on Daily Mail of her looking cozy with some guy. Same guy is in her instagram pictures. They certainly look like a couple. 

I would like to see a picture of her Franklin, Tennessee house!

Good for her!!!  She deserves to be happy.

I would also like to see pictures.  I love the grounds of her Connecticut home, especially the views over the water and all the little nooks and crannies to read a book in.

On 7/30/2019 at 6:23 PM, debbie311 said:

OMG those TAKL commercials.  I cringe every time.  Please make it stop.  And she says to the guy, "Do you need your yard mowed?"  You don't mow a YARD.  You mow grass, or cut grass, but not a yard.

Dh thinks she looks like a frog, & that commercial comes on frequently, & he a

ways says “ribbit, ribbit” when he sees her. Maybe it’s because her mouth looks stretched out & her eyes are buggy?

She has gotten so skinny scrawny. She is not aging well. Her long, parted in the middle hair style does not help. If she would cut her hair to at least shoulder length, I think that would help. 

• Love 2