Type keyword(s) to search

Kathie Lee Gifford

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

Has Kathie Lee been on vacation for the whole month?  How is she allowed to do that?

There's no doubt it was written into her contract.  She probably has 5-8 weeks off (plus all Fridays).  Hoda seems to have roughly half the number of weeks off.  It's all about what you negotiate!  During the year of the KLG Broadway show, she was off-screen pretty often. Last year, I was surprised at how regularly she was there. Clearly, she was "banking" some time.  

If I recall, all the shows XMAS week and NYE week were pre-tapes. Live shows began again on January 5, so it's only been 3.5 weeks of Hoda+X.  February Sweeps started on Thursday, so KLG was back.  They hinted that some of their plans to tape in FL fell through.  And frankly, those handful of Skype calls were dreadful.

• Love 2

I used to like KLG when she was on with Regis (maybe it was different because she had second billing) but now that she's with Hoda with her top billing, she's become extremely annoying.  She's becoming more belligerent than funny the longer she's on.  She treats some of the guests horribly and rudely and I'm sure it's all supposed to be in the name of humor.  She's often very sarcastic and it just rubs me the wrong way because then she counters it with what a wonderful Christian woman she is,  Hmmmm.  I think she needs to retire, but she seems money hungry so I doubt she's going anywhere anytime soon.  I was sooo happy when she was on vacation.

• Love 1

I used to like KLG when she was on with Regis (maybe it was different because she had second billing) but now that she's with Hoda with her top billing, she's become extremely annoying.  She's becoming more belligerent than funny the longer she's on.  She treats some of the guests horribly and rudely and I'm sure it's all supposed to be in the name of humor.  She's often very sarcastic and it just rubs me the wrong way because then she counters it with what a wonderful Christian woman she is,  Hmmmm.  I think she needs to retire, but she seems money hungry so I doubt she's going anywhere anytime soon.  I was sooo happy when she was on vacation.

Funny but I have never liked her.  I did not watch her show with Regis.  I find her more tolerable because she is showing her edges!  I like that.  My impression of her in the past has been fake laugh, fake hilarity, fake everything.  She is more real with Hoda. 

I still don't like her all that much though.  I adore Hoda with one caveat.  She acts like she is about to lose it in hysterical laughter but doesn't.  It is a nervous affect that I wish she would drop.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Hoda comes across as fake to me- the big open mouth smile to everyone is an example. I like KLG in that she is opinionated- granted I don't always agree but she doesn't fake it if she doesn't like something.

On the other side, KLG's humor comes across as mean sometimes. I know she's "joking", but it comes across as critical & judgey.

• Love 1

Remember when Kathie Lee constantly called her husband Frank "Love Machine" during her LIve! days (and before Frank very publicly cheated on her)?  Well now she claims that she called Frank "Love Machine" because he is a very emotionally loving guy.  I'm skeptical, I do think she was talking about Frank's sexual prowess,  but if she wants do deny it now so be it.

Remember when Kathie Lee constantly called her husband Frank "Love Machine" during her LIve! days (and before Frank very publicly cheated on her)?  Well now she claims that she called Frank "Love Machine" because he is a very emotionally loving guy.  I'm skeptical, I do think she was talking about Frank's sexual prowess,  but if she wants do deny it now so be it.

JMHO but I always thought those comments had something to do with their age difference and were about her favorite topic, KLG!  Yep, you know it was the physical, IMHO.  I, for one, don't care to hear about it, either way.  None of my business whether or not she's getting any - sorry ...

Kathie seems to have a need to make herself as wanted by men as possible.  Before she married Frank, she had a brief affair with Placido Domingo, and she capitalized on that for a long, long time.  I became tired of her boasting and stopped watching her several years ago.  I just don't like Kathie.  I think that Hoda has much more on the ball than Kathie ever will, although I'm not a huge fan of either one.  IMHO, NBC needs to clean house and include early mornings on their list of changes.

• Love 1

Kathie seems to have a need to make herself as wanted by men as possible.

and with AS MANY men as possible too.  Some days, I get the feeling she isn't getting all the attention she needs from home.

Kathie seems to have a need to make herself as wanted by men as possible.  Before she married Frank, she had a brief affair with Placido Domingo, and she capitalized on that for a long, long time.  I became tired of her boasting and stopped watching her several years ago.  I just don't like Kathie.  I think that Hoda has much more on the ball than Kathie ever will, although I'm not a huge fan of either one.  IMHO, NBC needs to clean house and include early mornings on their list of changes.

Kathie Lee irritates me, and Hoda is  much more likable.  But, I find Hoda as dumb as can be, dumber than Kathie Lee.   She has over the top annoying reactions, and she just seems not too bright most of the time.

• Love 1

Has Kathie Lee spoken about Frank being ill? I used to be a regular viewer (well, a record-and-fast-forwarder) but gave up on the 4th hour earlier this year because KL's speech habits and increasingly frequent stammering and word-finding difficulties got to be too much for me. But I don't recall her ever speaking about any health problems Frank might have.

I'm also suspicious of "natural causes" of death. Come on.

Has Kathie Lee spoken about Frank being ill? I used to be a regular viewer (well, a record-and-fast-forwarder) but gave up on the 4th hour earlier this year because KL's speech habits and increasingly frequent stammering and word-finding difficulties got to be too much for me. But I don't recall her ever speaking about any health problems Frank might have.

I'm also suspicious of "natural causes" of death. Come on.

I don't understand why anyone would be suspicious of this, given Frank's age.  My 87-year-old father got up one morning, ate breakfast, washed his dishes and dropped dead in the kitchen.  Fine one minute, dead the next.  It happens.

• Love 2

I don't understand why anyone would be suspicious of this, given Frank's age.  My 87-year-old father got up one morning, ate breakfast, washed his dishes and dropped dead in the kitchen.  Fine one minute, dead the next.  It happens.

I "liked" this because you make a good point, not because of what happened to your father! :(

• Love 4

When Kathie had the entire month of Feb. off I wondered if something was going on with Frank.

I did too. Also, when his daughter had her premiere of The Gallows, it seemed like he was not there. There were pics of KL and Cassidy with the Kardashian/jenners , but not one with her dad. I wondered if he wasn't well.
  • Love 2

I just meant that there is no such thing as "natural causes"' so using that as the cause of death makes me wonder if the family had been hiding an existing condition or illness. An 84-year-old man who bothers to dye his hair seems vain enough not to have wanted the public to know he was in decline.

• Love 2

I just meant that there is no such thing as "natural causes"' so using that as the cause of death makes me wonder if the family had been hiding an existing condition or illness. An 84-year-old man who bothers to dye his hair seems vain enough not to have wanted the public to know he was in decline.

I didn't know people who die their hair had the corner on privacy for health matters.

When I was diagnosed with cancer, I wanted it kept secret for various personal reasons. It had nothing to do with vanity. And, FYI, I don't die my hair.

Ok guys, it's getting a bit heated in here. Now is not the time to be discussing that. Anything having to deal with Frank Gifford's death, meaning whether it's natural causes or not is none of our concern. Please show some decency and restraint.

• Love 5

Actually 'natural causes' means any death that is the result of a naturally occuring disease process. So heart attack, stroke, cancer etc. are all 'natural'. What is not natural is death due to an accident, or homicide. I taped the show today (i have to admit I never watch it) as I was wondering whether Kathy Lee would share any details of Frank's death. She said that he died suddenly around 9 am - was ready for church and they were discussing what they were having for lunch that day. A wonderful way to go - I hope I am that lucky. A friend's father just passed that way (about the same age as Frank). In fact when they found him he was still sitting up in his chair at the kitchen table.

Kathy shared some pics where Frank didn't look like his hair was dyed. But also not everyone goes white. My grandmother's hair never changed from a dark steel gray and she lived to 101. On the other hand my MIL at 81 dyes her hair and I must say she looks at least a decade younger. I have other friends who go gray or white in their 50s and look a decade older. At almost 58 I dye my hair - have no idea how much gray would be there otherwise. And I have no intention of finding out.

Kathy did give a lovely tribute to Frank - a little heavy on the religion but that was to be expected. I am neither a fan or a non fan, (I watched Regis and Kathy Lee years ago on and off and she often drove me crazy) but I did like hearing about Frank's younger years as he was the same age as my mom, and they definitely grew up in a tough era.

• Love 5

Did anyone catch the Sisters movie tie in with Hoda & Kathie Lee's sisters??  Kathie Lee's sister looked about a hundred years old and she's supposed to be the younger sister???  She also looks like a good candidate for their Thursday Makeover segment.  Yikes.

Anything is possible, but KLG has always been pretty vocal about being anti-surgery.  She has been on the show regularly for a few weeks, so no extended "recovery" time, aside from her contractually mandated Fridays-Off.  She has said she gets filler injections (botox?) but that's it.  I agree that the curly hair gives her a slightly different look. I had thought her hair was getting way too long, but maybe the plan was to curl it up and she needed the extra long locks.

• Love 1
On 12/2/2017 at 2:45 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

No offense to KLG but if she was one of the bigger stars the White House could find for their tree lighting, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I think that is true . I think a lot of stars didn’t want to be associated with #45, and from the size  of the crowd, not many others did either .  But she probably liked the fact that she could sing a very religious song, when most of the time those events are not so religious in nature .  Sadly, I think KLG is willing to overlook obvious unacceptable behavior if she personally benifits.

• Love 14

Here is a little blurb from KLG about Hoda & Matt:

“The whole thing with Matt is not something we want to get into. We love this man and we are heartbroken about him being gone. Our sense of joy is tempered by our sense of loss,” Gifford said of Kotb’s success after Lauer’s downfall. “The best way to say it is that it’s a bit bittersweet. Nobody wants to profit off of someone’s pain. But this is reality. It’s a business, and someone has to move on. Matt would be the first to congratulate her and wish her well.”

It seems to be missing the part where KLG talks about the victims at Matt's hands. Of course, they aren't rich like Matt so I guess they aren't worth praying for, too.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

She’s heartbroken about a predator being gone???  I don’t even know what to say!!

There are men in prison who have done far worse and there are people who love them still.   It is hard to stop loving someone who gave you the best part of themselves.  

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Which part was this?

I meant I am not surprised to see that Hoda and KLG  feel sad Matt is gone.  There is a simultaneous truth here.  He behaved horridly but they loved the good side of him.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Gotcha!  Not sure I'm sympathetic to their feelings, tho.

I am not sure I am either. I get it but part of me thinks it is a bit of posing.  I have a hunch they knew what he did but shocked he was fired with no warning.   

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Gotcha!  Not sure I'm sympathetic to their feelings, tho.

It's tough.  But just imagine if you discovered your best friend, or your brother, or your father, or your son behaved badly, or was accused of a criminal act. Few people can just turn off their history/feelings/emotions on a moment's notice.  I'm sure one day we will hear a whole lot more about what actually happened in many of these sexual predator-ish type cases.  It will cover the entire gamut, from the smallest slights to the most egregious, terrifying behavior.

• Love 4

I'm just wondering if these stories about Kathy wanting Regis to replace Hoda's spot are accurate. I just can't fathom it.  Reports say she and Regis were having dinner to discuss it.  Even if Regis is not aware enough to realize that he should stay retired, don't you think that Kathy would realize it?  Regis was ready to retire when he left his own show.  I really hope he's not hell bent on getting another hosting job.  It's rather sad. He's 86 years old and is not in tune with today's culture, movies, music, etc.  Do you think that NBC would even remotely consider hiring him?

• Love 1